Auto Accident Lawyer Oak Grove, MO
Auto Accident Lawyer Oak Grove, MO. If you or a loved one are seriously injured in an auto accident, Burger Law is the law firm to turn to in the Oak Grove, MO area. Talk with a knowledgeable Oak Grove, MO auto accident lawyer immediately at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online.
If you were seriously injured in an auto accident, see how much your claim might be worth in Oak Grove, MO, with our complimentary personal injury calculator.
The Burger Law attorneys fight for your rights and demands a full recovery in your Oak Grove, MO car crash claim. Our legal team has successfully recovered over $200 million in settlement and trial results for our clients in Oak Grove, MO and throughout Missouri, including a multi-year legal battle resulting in a trial verdict of $113 million. They will stop nothing short of a complete recovery for you and your family.
Burger Law’s Successful Missouri Auto Accident Claims
At Burger Law, we believe that results matter. Our Oak Grove, MO clients want to know that we are giving 100 percent to a case and win the best possible settlement on their behalf. The following are some recent examples of auto accident settlements we have won for clients:
- $300k Utility Terrain Vehicle Settlement
- On-Ramp Accident Leads to $327,000 Settlement
- $90,000 Settlement after Car Accident
- Head on Collision
- Rear End Accident Leads to $35,000 recovery
Injured in an Auto Accident? Contact a Oak Grove, MO Auto Accident Lawyer
Following a car crash in Oak Grove, MO, you should be able to concentrate on getting treatment for your injuries. You should not have to worry about battling your insurance company for the medical care you need, or wondering whether you are going to get the financial compensation for the recovery you need and deserve for the car accident, or even legal jargon and court dates. The Burger Law Oak Grove, MO auto accident lawyers can concentrate all their efforts on all of the above.
Our attorneys are ready to fight for your rights, making sure that you get complete compensation for the recovery you need and get back to a normal life. Call one of our Oak Grove, MO auto accident lawyers right away at (314) 500-HURT or fill out our online contact form. They are ready to confidentially talk about the specifics of your case for free with no obligation.
What Are the Most Common Causes of Auto Accidents in Oak Grove, MO?
Although there are several possible dangerous events and conditions outside of our purview that can contribute to crashes, the majority of car crashes are caused by driver error. Auto accidents happen in what often feels like a blink of an eye. Research by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) estimates that human motorists are responsible for 94 percent of accidents that take place.
Some of the most common causes of Oak Grove, MO car crashes are:
- Distracted Driving
- Texting and Driving
- Drunk Driving
- Hit and Run
- Construction Zones
- Failing to Yield
- Rain or Bad Weather
- Reckless Driving, including:
- Cutting another car off
- Weaving in and out of traffic
- Running red lights
- Blocking a car or changing speed to prevent another car from changing lanes, passing, etc.
- Refusing to use turn signals
- Forcing a car off the road
- Using high beams to interfere with another driver’s ability to see
What Is the Average Car Accident Settlement Amount in the Oak Grove, MO Area?
Auto accidents are expensive. According to the Insurance Information Institute, deaths, injuries and property damage in motor vehicle accidents cost $474 billion in 2020. The NHTSA, estimates that auto accidents cost society $7,300 per second in loss of productivity.
It can be hard to pinpoint an exact amount as the specifics of each case vary and many settlement amounts are confidential, in terms of the average car accident settlement in Oak Grove, MO, or anywhere for that matter. But, generally speaking, most of car accident settlements come in between $15,000 and $20,000. Injuries calling for more substantial medical care frequently reach $50,000 to $100,000, while injuries causing permanent disability or, in the worst cases, wrongful death, can bring about damages of hundreds of thousands of dollars, if not millions.
In addition, we have extensive experience winning the following cases for our Oak Grove, MO clients:
How Long Do I Have to File a Car Accident Claim in Oak Grove, MO?
The state of Missouri's statute of limitations dictates how long you have after the date of your injuries from a Oak Grove, MO auto accident to file your claim.
- In general, according to Missouri Revised Statute §516.120, you have 5 years from the date of your injury to file your auto accident injury claim in Oak Grove, MO or elsewhere in Missouri.
- If you were mentally incapacitated at the time of the injury or under the age of 21 at the time, Missouri Revised Statute §516.170 stipulates that you have 5 years after the date you turn 21 or that your "legal disability" ends.
- If you are harmed by someone who was a resident of the state when the injury happened, but later left the state before you filed a lawsuit, Missouri Revised Statute §516.200 states that the time the defendant is out of Missouri does not apply toward the five years.
The clock is already ticking for when you can make your claim, if you have been injured in a Oak Grove, MO auto accident. Do not wait, call the auto accident law firm of Burger Law as soon as possible at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online to get justice and complete compensation for your injuries. We start working on your Oak Grove, MO claim right away and do not stop until we win.
What Are the Factors That Determine an Auto Accident Settlement in Oak Grove, MO?
As the meaning of an auto accident settlement is to reasonable compensate you for your injuries, the severity of those injuries is the driving factor in how much your settlement could be. Other factors include how your injuries have impacted your life, the insurance policy in question, if you bear any responsibility for your accident and the abilities of your Oak Grove, MO car crash lawyer:
- The seriousness of your injuries — As more serious injuries lead to more time lost from work in Oak Grove, MO and higher medical expenses, they generate bigger settlements, especially when adding in the pain and suffering multiplier.
- How your injuries have impacted your life — The greater the effect on your physical, emotional and mental well-being, the more the noneconomic damages will be.
- The insurance policy — Missouri has a minimum insurance requirement of $25,000 for bodily injury, and while a skilled Oak Grove, MO auto accident lawyer might be able to get you more, there are occasions where the compensation is dependant upon the negligent driver's and/or your insurance policy limits.
- If you are partially to blame — With comparative negligence policies like Missouri law observes, you can still receive a financial recovery if you were partially responsible for the accident; yet, the total amount will be less. For example, if you are awarded $100,000 in damages but it is found that you are responsible for 30 percent of the blame for your accident, you would receive $70,000. In Missouri, you can still receive compensation if you were 99 percent at fault.
- Your car accident lawyer — You need an aggressive and skilled Oak Grove, MO lawyer to fight the insurance company's tricks. Your auto accident lawyer will also need to look into your crash, prove liability on the part of the other motorist and have a network of economic and medical experts in the Oak Grove, MO area and throughout MO to accurately calculate your claim. If the insurance company refuses to extend a fair settlement in negotiation, you will need a knowledgeable trial attorney with courtroom savvy that will argue your case in front of a jury.
What Tricks Do Insurance Companies Use To Avoid Paying Claims?
When you have a personal injury claim, be aware of the tricks insurance c …
Is It Worth It to Get a Lawyer for a Car Accident?
Is It Worth It to Get a Lawyer for a Car Accident? If you've been injured …
When Should I Hire an Attorney After a Car Accident?
When Should I Hire an Attorney After a Car Accident? If you were injured …
What Do I Do After an Auto Accident in Oak Grove, MO?
Car crashes are not a pleasant experience, and they are frequently startling and frightening. But, it is important to keep a level head following an accident. According to the Burger Law Oak Grove, MO auto accident lawyers, you should follow these steps to ensure everyone’s safety and to get the best results from your claim in Oak Grove, MO:
- Check to see whether you or anyone else is injured. The most critical thing in a Oak Grove, MO auto accident is everybody's safety and well-being. Assess the scene to see if anyone is injured and how significant their injuries are. If there are serious injuries to you or anyone else, call 911 immediately. If you are able and it is safe to do so, render first aid to anyone who needs it.
- Get to safety. Do not move anyone who is severely injured until emergency medical technicians get there, and warn other vehicles of the accident. If you are unable to move your vehicle, turn on the emergency lights and exit to get to the side of the road whenever it is safe. Otherwise, move your vehicle to the side of the road and away from oncoming traffic so no one ends up in a multi-car accident.
- Phone the police. If you have not already called 911, call the Oak Grove, MO or county police. Missouri Revised Statute §303.040 requires Missouri motorists to report any motor vehicle crash that ends in death, personal injury, or over $500 in property damage. If you are unsure as to the extent of the damage or how severe your injuries are, call the police and err on the side of caution. Police in Oak Grove, MO are trained to provide an official account of what happened in accidents, and their report will go a long way in proving your claim and holding the other party accountable. It is also the law.
- Document the accident scene and collect evidence. Take pictures of all vehicles involved, any injuries you sustained and other parts of the scene, such as the road around the crash. The lack of tire marks could help prove that the other driver was distracted and is responsible for the auto accident. If the other driver was drunk, take photos of the authorities arresting them.
You should additionally trade insurance information with the other driver. If there were bystanders who could be eyewitnesses, collect their contact information so that your Oak Grove, MO car accident lawyer will be able to take official depositions from them. As your memory will be freshest in the immediate aftermath, it is also a good idea to jot down all that comes to mind about the accident as some seemingly insignificant details may slip your mind that later turn out to be crucial.
- Get medical treatment. It is a good idea to go to an urgent care facility in the Oak Grove, MO area after a car accident, even if you do not believe your injuries are severe. With some injuries, you may not experience symptoms immediately, and adrenaline can frequently disguise pain after an accident.
- Reach out to Burger Law. When you are seriously injured in a car accident, it is beneficial to find a knowledgeable attorney who can assist in navigating the difficulties of your case. An experienced attorney who fights back against resistant insurance companies is often the only way you can truly receive maximum compensation for your damages. Our attorneys have over 70 years of combined experience standing up for the injured in Oak Grove, MO. We know car accident claims and will be able to calculate precisely how much you are owed. Talking to us about your claim is free, so it is important to never approve a settlement offer prior to asking an auto accident attorney if it is actually adequate. We are also experienced trial attorneys, so if we cannot secure a fair financial recovery in negotiations, we will take the fight to a jury and a judge.
What Should I Look For When Selecting an Auto Accident Lawyer in Oak Grove, MO?
When it comes to picking an auto accident lawyer in Oak Grove, MO, it is integral to do your homework and find the right attorney for the particulars of your case. Here are some key factors to consider:
- Experience: An experienced auto accident attorney will know the ins and outs of the legal system and be able to help you fight against bullying insurance companies. Burger Law has over three decades of experience in the Oak Grove, MO area, and throughout Missouri, standing up to insurance companies and prosecutors on behalf of our clients.
- Specialization: Different attorneys specialize in different areas of the law, and it is critical to find one who specializes in auto accident cases. The Burger Law Oak Grove, MO auto accident attorneys not only specialize in car crash cases, we dedicate our careers to handling cases like yours and doing whatever it takes to get you full compensation for your lost wages, medical bills, other out-of-pocket expenses and the pain and suffering you have incurred due to your injuries.
- Reputation: It is also essential to look for an attorney who has a good reputation and is known in the community. Ask around for recommendations and check online reviews, and you will see Burger Law’s stellar track record throughout the Oak Grove, MO area.
- Communication: It is important to locate a lawyer in Oak Grove, MO who is willing to answer your questions and is easy to talk to. Gary Burger has literally written the book on the absolutely essential questions to ask before you select a lawyer. Our team always ensure you are in the know on what is going on with your case. Additionally, we deal with all negotiation, documentation and litigation, also keeping you in the loop throughout these processes. Call us today at (314) 500-HURT or reach out to us online.
Reach Out To a Burger Law Oak Grove, MO Auto Accident Attorney
Do not settle for less than you deserve, no matter if it is some other auto accident lawyer near Oak Grove, MO or an offer from an insurance company. Burger Law has knowledgeable, aggressive and unwavering auto accident attorneys ready to stand by your side and fight for your rights throughout your claim.
Give our Oak Grove, MO auto accident lawyer team a call today at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online. We do not collect any fees until we win your case. Get legal representation in Oak Grove, MO when you need it, and pay when you get paid.