Auto Accident Lawyer Odessa, MO
Auto Accident Lawyer Odessa, MO. If you or a loved one are seriously injured in an auto accident, Burger Law is the law firm to contact in the Odessa, MO area. Talk with an experienced Odessa, MO auto accident lawyer right now at (314) 500-HURT or reach out to us online.
If you were seriously injured in a car crash, see how much your claim may be worth in Odessa, MO, with our free personal injury calculator.
The Burger Law attorneys fight for your rights and demands a full recovery in your Odessa, MO auto accident claim. Our attorneys have successfully recovered over $200 million in settlement and trial results for our clients in Odessa, MO and throughout Missouri, featuring a multi-year legal battle resulting in a trial verdict of $113 million. They will not stop until obtaining the best possible recovery for you.
Burger Law’s Successful Missouri Auto Accident Claims
At Burger Law, we believe that results matter. Our Odessa, MO clients want to know that we are giving 100 percent to a case and win the best possible settlement on their behalf. Below are some recent examples of car crash settlements we have won for clients:
- $300k Utility Terrain Vehicle Settlement
- On-Ramp Accident Leads to $327,000 Settlement
- $90,000 Settlement after Car Accident
- Head on Collision
- Rear End Accident Leads to $35,000 recovery
Injured in an Auto Accident? Contact a Odessa, MO Auto Accident Lawyer
After an auto accident in Odessa, MO, you should be able to concentrate on getting your injuries treated. You should not have to worry about battling your insurance company for the medical care you need, or wondering whether you are going to receive the financial recovery you need and deserve for the car accident, or even legal jargon and court dates. The Burger Law Odessa, MO auto accident lawyers can concentrate all their efforts on the above facets.
Our lawyers are ready to fight for your rights, ensure that you receive complete compensation for the recovery you deserve and return to a normal life. Give one of our Odessa, MO auto accident lawyers a call now at (314) 500-HURT or fill out our online contact form. They are able to confidentially talk about the specifics of your case for free with no obligation.
What Are the Most Common Causes of Auto Accidents in Odessa, MO?
Although there are some possible dangerous events and conditions outside of our purview that can contribute to crashes, the majority of car crashes are caused by driver error. Auto accidents happen in what often feels like a blink of an eye. Research by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) estimates that human operators are responsible for 94 percent of accidents that occur.
Some of the common causes of Odessa, MO auto accidents are:
- Distracted Driving
- Texting and Driving
- Drunk Driving
- Hit and Run
- Construction Zones
- Failing to Yield
- Rain or Bad Weather
- Reckless Driving, including:
- Cutting another car off
- Weaving in and out of traffic
- Running red lights
- Blocking a car or changing speed to prevent another car from changing lanes, passing, etc.
- Refusing to use turn signals
- Forcing a car off the road
- Using high beams to interfere with another driver’s ability to see
What Is the Average Car Accident Settlement Amount in the Odessa, MO Area?
Auto accidents are costly. According to the Insurance Information Institute, property damage, injuries and deaths in auto accidents cost $474 billion in 2020. The NHTSA, approximates that motor vehicle crashes cost society $7,300 per second in loss of productivity.
In terms of the cost of paying out the average car accident settlement in Odessa, MO, or anywhere for that matter, it can be difficult to pinpoint a precise figure as many settlements are confidential. But, generally speaking, the majority of car crash settlements come in between $15,000 and $20,000. Injuries requiring more extensive medical care frequently reach $50,000 to $100,000, while injuries resulting in permanent disability or, in the worst cases, wrongful death, can result in damages of hundreds of thousands of dollars, if not millions.
In addition, we have extensive experience winning the following cases for our Odessa, MO clients:
How Long Do I Have to File a Car Accident Claim in Odessa, MO?
Once you are injured in a Odessa, MO auto accident, the state of Missouri's statute of limitations dictates how long you have after the date of the accident to file your claim.
- In general terms, according to Missouri Revised Statute §516.120, you have five years from the date of your injury to file your auto accident injury claim in Odessa, MO or elsewhere in Missouri.
- If you were under the age of 21 at the time of the injury, or were mentally incapacitated at the time, Missouri Revised Statute §516.170 states that you have 5 years after the date you turn 21 or that your "legal disability" ends.
- If you are harmed by someone who was a resident of the state when the injury occurred, but later left the state before you filed a lawsuit, Missouri Revised Statute §516.200 says that the time the defendant is out of the state does not apply toward the 5 years.
If you have been injured in an auto accident in Odessa, MO, the clock is already ticking for when you can make your claim. Do not prolong this, give the auto accident law firm of Burger Law a call today at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online to get justice and complete compensation for your injuries. We start working on your Odessa, MO case immediately and do not stop until we win.
What Are the Factors That Determine an Auto Accident Settlement in Odessa, MO?
As the meaning of an auto crash settlement is to adequately compensate you for your injuries, the seriousness of those injuries is the compelling element in how much your settlement may be. Other aspects include the insurance policy in question, how your injuries have impacted your life, if you bear any responsibility for your accident and the abilities of your Odessa, MO auto crash attorney:
- The seriousness of your injuries — As more severe injuries lead to higher medical expenses and more time lost from work in Odessa, MO, they give rise to bigger settlements, particularly when including the pain and suffering multiplier.
- How your injuries have impacted your life — The greater the effect on your mental, emotional and physical well-being, the higher the noneconomic damages will be.
- The insurance policy — Missouri has a minimum insurance requirement of $25,000 for bodily injury, and while a skilled Odessa, MO auto accident lawyer might be able to get you more, there are instances when the compensation is dependant upon the negligent driver's and/or your insurance policy limits.
- If you are partially responsible — With comparative negligence policies like Missouri law observes, you can still be awarded a financial recovery if you were partially responsible for the accident; yet, the total amount will be less. For example, if you are awarded $100,000 in damages but it is decided that you are 30 percent to blame for your accident, you would receive $70,000. In Missouri, you can still receive compensation if you were 99 percent at fault.
- Your car accident lawyer — You need a skilled and aggressive Odessa, MO lawyer to combat the insurance company and its tactics. Your auto accident attorney will also need to conduct an investigation into your accident, prove liability on the part of the other driver and have a network of economic and medical experts in the Odessa, MO area and throughout MO to precisely calculate your claim. If the insurance company refuses to offer a fair settlement in negotiation, you will need a knowledgeable trial lawyer with courtroom savvy that will argue your case in front of a jury.
What Tricks Do Insurance Companies Use To Avoid Paying Claims?
When you have a personal injury claim, be aware of the tricks insurance c …
Is It Worth It to Get a Lawyer for a Car Accident?
Is It Worth It to Get a Lawyer for a Car Accident? If you've been injured …
When Should I Hire an Attorney After a Car Accident?
When Should I Hire an Attorney After a Car Accident? If you were injured …
What Do I Do After an Auto Accident in Odessa, MO?
Auto accidents are never a pleasant experience, and they are often frightening and startling. Yet, it is crucial to keep a level head in the aftermath of a crash. According to the Burger Law Odessa, MO auto accident lawyers, you should follow these steps to ensure everyone’s well-being and to receive the best results from your claim in Odessa, MO:
- Check to see whether you or anyone else is injured. The most important thing in a Odessa, MO auto accident is everybody's well-being and safety. Assess the scene to see if anyone is injured and how significant their injuries are. If you or anyone is seriously injured, call 911 immediately. If you can and it is safe to do so, render aid to anyone who needs it.
- Get to safety. Do not move anyone who is severely injured until emergency medical technicians arrive, and alert other motor vehicles of the accident. If you are unable to move your vehicle, turn on the emergency lights and exit to get to the side of the road whenever it is safe. Otherwise, move your vehicle to the side of the road and out of the way of oncoming traffic to avoid a multi-car accident.
- Call the police. Call the Odessa, MO or county police if you have not already dialed 911. Missouri Revised Statute §303.040 requires Missouri motorists to report any motor vehicle accident that results in death, personal injury, or over $500 in property damage. If you are uncertain as to the extent of the damage or how severe your injuries are, err on the side of caution and call the police. Police in Odessa, MO are trained to provide an official, accurate account of what happened in crashes, and their report will go a long way in proving your claim and holding the other party accountable. It is also the law.
- Document the accident scene and collect evidence. Take photos of all vehicles involved, any injuries you sustained and other parts of the scene, such as the road surrounding the accident. A lack of tire marks could be sufficient to prove that the other driver was distracted and is responsible for the auto accident. If the other driver was drunk, take pictures of the authorities arresting them.
You should additionally exchange insurance information with the other driver. If there were bystanders who could be eyewitnesses, get their contact information so your Odessa, MO auto accident attorney can take official depositions from them. As your memory will be freshest in the immediate aftermath, it is also a good idea to write down everything you remember about the accident as you may forget seemingly insignificant details that later turn out to be crucial.
- Get medical treatment. Even if you do not think your injuries are severe, it is a good idea to go to an urgent care facility in the Odessa, MO area after a car accident. Occassionally, with some injuries, you may not deal with symptoms immediately, and adrenaline can frequently mask pain after a crash.
- Reach out to Burger Law. When you are seriously injured in a car crash, it is essential to find an informed attorney who can help you navigate the twists and turns of your case. An experienced, professional lawyer who fights back against resistant insurance companies is often the only way you can truly get maximum compensation for your injuries. Our lawyers have over 70 years of combined experience standing up for the injured in Odessa, MO. We know car accident claims and will be able to calculate precisely how much you are owed. Talking to us about your claim is free, so do not accept a settlement offer prior to asking an auto accident attorney if it is really adequate. Additionally, we are knowledgeable trial attorneys, so if we cannot secure a fair financial recovery in negotiations, we will move the fight in front of a jury and a judge.
What Should I Look For When Choosing an Auto Accident Lawyer in Odessa, MO?
When it comes to picking an auto accident lawyer in Odessa, MO, it is integral to do your research and locate the ideal lawyer for the specifics of your case. The following are some key factors to ponder:
- Experience: An experienced auto accident lawyer knows the intricacies of the legal system and be able to help you fight against bullying insurance companies. Burger Law has nearly 30 years of experience in the Odessa, MO area, and throughout Missouri, standing up to insurance companies and prosecutors on behalf of our clients.
- Specialization: Different attorneys are accomplished in different specifics of the law, and it is important to locate one who specializes in car crash cases. The Burger Law Odessa, MO auto accident attorneys are not only well versed in car crash cases, we dedicate our careers to handling cases like yours and doing whatever it takes to get you full compensation for your medical bills, lost wages, various out-of-pocket expenses and the pain and suffering you have incurred because of your injuries.
- Reputation: It is also essential to look for an attorney who has a solid reputation and is known in the community. Ask around for recommendations and read online reviews, and you will see Burger Law’s distinguished track record throughout the Odessa, MO area.
- Communication: It is crucial to locate an attorney in Odessa, MO who is easy to talk to and is willing to answer your questions. Gary Burger has literally written the book on absolutely essential questions to ask before you select an attorney. Our team always make sure you updated on what is going on with your case. We also deal with all documentation, negotiation and litigation, also keeping you aware throughout these procedures. Call us right away at (314) 500-HURT or complete our online form.
Reach Out To a Burger Law Odessa, MO Auto Accident Lawyer
Do not settle for less than you deserve, no matter if it is some other Odessa, MO auto accident attorney or an offer from an insurance company. Burger Law has knowledgeable, aggressive and unwavering auto accident attorneys ready and willing to stand by your side and fight for your rights throughout the life of your claim.
Give our Odessa, MO auto accident lawyer team a call today at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online. We do not collect any fees until we win your case. Get legal representation in Odessa, MO when you need it, and pay when you get paid.