Auto Accident Lawyer O'Fallon, MO
Auto Accident Lawyer O'Fallon, MO. When you or a loved one are seriously injured in an auto accident, Burger Law is the law firm to turn to in the O'Fallon, MO area. Speak to an experienced O'Fallon, MO auto accident lawyer immediately at (314) 500-HURT or reach out to us online.
If you were seriously injured in a car crash, find out how much your claim may be worth in O'Fallon, MO, with our complimentary personal injury calculator.
The Burger Law legal team fights for your rights and demands a full recovery in your O'Fallon, MO car crash claim. Our legal team has successfully recovered over $200 million in settlement and trial results for our clients in O'Fallon, MO and throughout Missouri, featuring a multi-year legal battle resulting in a trial verdict of $113 million. The team will stop nothing short of the best possible recovery for you.
Burger Law’s Successful Missouri Auto Accident Claims
At Burger Law, we believe that results matter. Our O'Fallon, MO clients want to know that we are giving 100 percent to a case and win the best possible settlement on their behalf. The following are some recent examples of auto accident settlements we have won for clients:
- $300k Utility Terrain Vehicle Settlement
- On-Ramp Accident Leads to $327,000 Settlement
- $90,000 Settlement after Car Accident
- Head on Collision
- Rear End Accident Leads to $35,000 recovery
Injured in an Auto Accident? Contact a O'Fallon, MO Auto Accident Lawyer
Following a car crash in O'Fallon, MO, you should be focused on getting treatment for your injuries. You should not have to be concerned with fighting your insurance company for the medical care you need, or wondering whether you are going to receive the financial compensation for the recovery you deserve for the car accident, or even legal jargon and court dates. The Burger Law O'Fallon, MO auto accident lawyers can center all their efforts on all of the above.
Our lawyers are ready to fight for your rights, ensure that you get complete compensation for the recovery you need and return to a normal life. Call one of our O'Fallon, MO auto accident lawyers right now at (314) 500-HURT or fill out our online contact form. They are able to confidentially discuss the specifics of your case for free with no obligation.
What Are the Most Common Causes of Auto Accidents in O'Fallon, MO?
Auto accidents happen in what often feels like a blink of an eye. Although there are some potentially dangerous events and conditions outside of our purview that can contribute to crashes, the majority of car crashes are caused by driver error. Research by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) estimates that human operators are responsible for 94 percent of accidents that take place.
Some of the most common causes of O'Fallon, MO auto accidents are:
- Distracted Driving
- Texting and Driving
- Drunk Driving
- Hit and Run
- Construction Zones
- Failing to Yield
- Rain or Bad Weather
- Reckless Driving, including:
- Cutting another car off
- Weaving in and out of traffic
- Running red lights
- Blocking a car or changing speed to prevent another car from changing lanes, passing, etc.
- Refusing to use turn signals
- Forcing a car off the road
- Using high beams to interfere with another driver’s ability to see
What Is the Average Car Accident Settlement Amount in the O'Fallon, MO Area?
Auto accidents are expensive. According to the Insurance Information Institute, property damage, injuries and deaths in motor vehicle accidents cost $474 billion in 2020. The NHTSA, approximates that auto crashes cost society $7,300 per second in loss of productivity.
In terms of the cost of paying out the average car accident settlement in O'Fallon, MO, or anywhere for that matter, it can be hard to pinpoint a precise figure as the specifics of each case vary and many settlement amounts are confidential. However, generally speaking, most of car crash settlements come in between $15,000 and $20,000. Injuries needing more substantial medical care often reach $50,000 to $100,000, while injuries causing permanent disability or, in the worst cases, wrongful death, can bring about damages of hundreds of thousands of dollars, if not millions.
In addition, we have extensive experience winning the following cases for our O'Fallon, MO clients:
How Long Do I Have to File a Car Accident Claim in O'Fallon, MO?
The state of Missouri's statute of limitations dictates how long you have after the date of your injuries from a O'Fallon, MO auto accident to file your claim.
- Generally speaking, according to Missouri Revised Statute §516.120, you have five years from the date of your injury to file your auto accident injury claim in O'Fallon, MO or elsewhere in Missouri.
- If you were mentally incapacitated at the time of the injury or under the age of 21 at the time, Missouri Revised Statute §516.170 states that you have 5 years after the date you turn 21 or that your "legal disability" ends.
- If you are injured by someone who was a resident of the state when the injury occurred, but left the state at a later date before you filed a lawsuit, Missouri Revised Statute §516.200 stipulates that the time the defendant is out of the state does not apply toward the five years.
The clock is already ticking for when you can make your claim, if you have been hurt in a O'Fallon, MO auto accident. Do not prolong this, give the auto accident law firm of Burger Law a call now at (314) 500-HURT or reach out to us online to get justice and maximum compensation for your injuries. We begin working on your O'Fallon, MO case right away and do not stop until we win your case.
What Are the Factors That Determine an Auto Accident Settlement in O'Fallon, MO?
As the meaning of a car accident settlement is to adequately compensate you for your damages, the seriousness of those injuries is the compelling element in how much your settlement might be. Other aspects include how your injuries have impacted your life, the insurance policy in question, if you are to blame in any degree for your accident and the abilities of your O'Fallon, MO auto crash lawyer:
- The severity of your injuries — As more serious injuries lead to larger medical expenses and more time lost from work in O'Fallon, MO, they give rise to bigger settlements, especially when including the pain and suffering multiplier.
- How your injuries have impacted your life — The greater the effect on your physical, emotional and mental well-being, the higher the noneconomic damages will be.
- The insurance policy — Missouri has a minimum insurance requirement of $25,000 for bodily injury, and while a skilled O'Fallon, MO auto accident lawyer might be able to get you more, there are times where the compensation is dependant upon the negligent driver's and/or your insurance policy limits.
- If you are partially responsible — With comparative negligence policies like Missouri law observes, you can still get a financial recovery if you were partially to blame; but, the total amount will be less. For example, if you are awarded $100,000 in damages but it is found that you are 30 percent to blame for your crash, you would receive $70,000. In Missouri, you can still receive compensation if you were 99 percent at fault.
- Your car accident lawyer — You need a skilled and aggressive O'Fallon, MO attorney to fight the insurance company and its tactics. Your auto accident lawyer will also need to investigate your accident, prove liability on the part of the other driver and have a network of medical and economic professionals in the O'Fallon, MO area and throughout MO to precisely calculate your claim. If the insurance company refuses to proffer a fair settlement in negotiation, you will need a knowledgeable trial lawyer with courtroom savvy that will argue your case in front of a jury.
What Tricks Do Insurance Companies Use To Avoid Paying Claims?
When you have a personal injury claim, be aware of the tricks insurance c …
Is It Worth It to Get a Lawyer for a Car Accident?
Is It Worth It to Get a Lawyer for a Car Accident? If you've been injured …
When Should I Hire an Attorney After a Car Accident?
When Should I Hire an Attorney After a Car Accident? If you were injured …
What Do I Do After an Auto Accident in O'Fallon, MO?
Auto accidents are never a pleasant experience, and they are frequently frightening and startling. But, it is crucial to stay calm in the aftermath of a crash. You should follow these steps to ensure everyone’s safety and to receive the premier results from your claim in O'Fallon, MO:
- Check to see if you or anyone else is injured. The most critical thing in a O'Fallon, MO car crash is everybody's safety and well-being. Check to see if anyone is injured and how severe their injuries are. If you or anyone is seriously injured, call 911 immediately. If you can and it is safe to do so, render first aid to anyone who needs it.
- Get to safety. Do not move anyone who is severely injured until emergency medical technicians get there, and alert other motor vehicles of the crash. If you cannot move your vehicle, turn on the emergency lights and exit to get to the side of the road when it is safe. Otherwise, get your vehicle to the side of the road and out of the way of oncoming traffic to avoid a multi-car accident.
- Call the police. If you have not already called 911, call the O'Fallon, MO or county police. Missouri Revised Statute §303.040 demands Missouri motorists to report any motor vehicle accident that ends in death, personal injury, or over $500 in property damage. If you are unsure as to the extent of the damage or how severe your injuries are, err on the side of caution and call the police. Not only is it the law, but police in O'Fallon, MO are trained to offer an official account of what happened in accidents, and their report will go a long way in proving your claim and holding the other party accountable.
- Document the accident scene and collect evidence. Take pictures of all vehicles involved, any injuries you sustained and other parts of the scene, such as the roadway surrounding the accident. The lack of tire marks may be sufficient to prove that the other driver was distracted and is responsible for the car crash. If the other driver was drunk, take pictures of law enforcement arresting them.
You should additionally trade insurance information with the other driver. If there were bystanders who could be eyewitnesses, collect their contact information so your O'Fallon, MO auto accident lawyer will be able to take official depositions from them. It is also a good idea to write down all that comes to mind about the accident, as your memory will be freshest in the immediate aftermath, and you may forget seemingly insignificant details that later turn out to be crucial.
- Get medical treatment. Even if you do not think your injuries are severe, it is a good idea to go to an urgent care facility in the O'Fallon, MO area after a car accident. Occassionally, with some injuries, adrenaline can often disguise pain and you may not deal with symptoms right away after a crash.
- Reach out to Burger Law. When you are seriously injured in an auto accident, it is beneficial to find a knowledgeable attorney who can help you navigate the difficulties of your case. An experienced attorney who pushes back against bullies like resistant insurance companies is often the only way you can really get maximum compensation for your damages. We have more than 70 years of combined experience standing up for the injured in O'Fallon, MO. We know car accident claims and will be able to figure out exactly how much you are owed. Talking to us about your claim is free, so it is important to never approve a settlement offer prior to asking an auto accident lawyer if it is actually fair. We are also knowledgeable trial lawyers, so if we cannot secure a fair financial recovery in negotiations, we will take the fight in front of a judge and jury.
What Should I Look For When Choosing an Auto Accident Lawyer in O'Fallon, MO?
When it comes to picking an auto accident lawyer in O'Fallon, MO, it is integral to do your research and locate the right lawyer for the particulars of your case. The following are some key aspects to ponder:
- Experience: An experienced auto accident attorney will know the intricacies of the legal system and be able to help you fight against bullying insurance companies. Burger Law has nearly 30 years of experience in the O'Fallon, MO area, and throughout Missouri, standing up to insurance companies and prosecutors on behalf of our clients.
- Specialization: Different lawyers are accomplished in different aspects of the law, and it is critical to find one who specializes in auto accident cases. The Burger Law O'Fallon, MO auto accident lawyers are not only well versed in car crash cases, we dedicate our careers to handling cases like yours and doing whatever it takes to get you full compensation for your lost wages, medical bills, various out-of-pocket expenses and the pain and suffering you have incurred due to your injuries.
- Reputation: It is also essential to search for a lawyer who has a solid reputation and is known in the community. Ask around for recommendations and check online reviews, and you will see Burger Law’s distinguished track record throughout the O'Fallon, MO area.
- Communication: It is important to locate a lawyer in O'Fallon, MO who is willing to answer your questions and is easy to talk to. Gary Burger has literally written the book on the absolutely essential questions to ask before you pick an attorney. Our attorneys always make sure you are in the know on what is going on with your case. We also handle all negotiation, documentation and litigation, also keeping you in the know throughout these procedures. Give us a call as soon as possible at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online.
Reach Out To a Burger Law O'Fallon, MO Auto Accident Lawyer
Whether it is some other auto accident lawyer near O'Fallon, MO or an offer from an insurance company, do not settle for less than you deserve. Burger Law has knowledgeable, aggressive and unwavering auto accident lawyers ready and willing to stand in your corner and fight for your rights throughout the life of your claim.
Give our O'Fallon, MO auto accident lawyers a call now at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online. We do not collect any fees until we win your case. Get legal representation in O'Fallon, MO when you need it, and pay when you get paid.