Auto Accident Lawyer Park Hills, MO
Auto Accident Lawyer Park Hills, MO. When you or a loved one are seriously injured in an auto accident, Burger Law is the law firm to turn to in the Park Hills, MO area. Speak to a knowledgeable Park Hills, MO auto accident lawyer immediately at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online.
If you were seriously injured in an auto accident, see how much your claim may be worth in Park Hills, MO, with our free personal injury calculator.
The Burger Law attorneys fight for your rights and demands a full recovery in your Park Hills, MO car crash claim. Our lawyers have successfully recovered more than $200 million in settlement and trial results for our clients in Park Hills, MO and throughout Missouri, featuring a multi-year legal battle resulting in a trial verdict of $113 million. They will stop nothing short of the best possible recovery for you and your family.
Burger Law’s Successful Missouri Auto Accident Claims
At Burger Law, we believe that results matter. Our Park Hills, MO clients want to know that we are providing our entire attention to a case and win the best possible settlement on their behalf. The following are some recent examples of auto accident settlements we have won for clients:
- $300k Utility Terrain Vehicle Settlement
- On-Ramp Accident Leads to $327,000 Settlement
- $90,000 Settlement after Car Accident
- Head on Collision
- Rear End Accident Leads to $35,000 recovery
Injured in an Auto Accident? Contact a Park Hills, MO Auto Accident Lawyer
After an auto accident in Park Hills, MO, you should be focused on getting treatment for your injuries. You should not have to be concerned with fighting your insurance company for the care you need, or worrying about whether you are going to get the financial compensation you need and deserve for the car accident, or even legal jargon and court dates. The Burger Law Park Hills, MO auto accident attorneys can concentrate all their efforts on the above facets.
Our lawyers are ready to fight for your rights, ensure that you receive complete compensation for the recovery you need and get back to a normal life. Call one of our Park Hills, MO auto accident lawyers now at (314) 500-HURT or fill out our online contact form. They are able to confidentially talk about the specifics of your case for free with no obligation.
What Are the Most Common Causes of Auto Accidents in Park Hills, MO?
Auto accidents happen in what often feels like a blink of an eye. Though there are some potentially hazardous events and conditions outside of our purview that can contribute to crashes, most auto accidents are caused by driver error. Research by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) estimates that human operators are responsible for 94 percent of crashes that take place.
Some of the most common causes of Park Hills, MO auto accidents include:
- Distracted Driving
- Texting and Driving
- Drunk Driving
- Hit and Run
- Construction Zones
- Failing to Yield
- Rain or Bad Weather
- Reckless Driving, including:
- Cutting another car off
- Weaving in and out of traffic
- Running red lights
- Blocking a car or changing speed to prevent another car from changing lanes, passing, etc.
- Refusing to use turn signals
- Forcing a car off the road
- Using high beams to interfere with another driver’s ability to see
What Is the Average Car Accident Settlement Amount in the Park Hills, MO Area?
Auto accidents are expensive. According to the Insurance Information Institute, property damage, injuries and deaths in motor vehicle accidents cost $474 billion in 2020. The NHTSA, approximates that auto accidents cost society $7,300 per second in loss of productivity.
In terms of the cost of paying out the average car accident settlement in Park Hills, MO, or anywhere for that matter, it can be difficult to pinpoint an exact figure as the specifics of each case vary and many settlement amounts are confidential. But, generally speaking, the majority of car crash settlements come in between $15,000 and $20,000. Injuries requiring more extensive medical care frequently reach $50,000 to $100,000, while injuries causing permanent disability or, in the worst cases, wrongful death, can bring about damages of hundreds of thousands of dollars, if not millions.
In addition, we have extensive experience winning the following cases for our Park Hills, MO clients:
How Long Do I Have to File a Car Accident Claim in Park Hills, MO?
Once you are injured in a Park Hills, MO auto accident, the state of Missouri's statute of limitations dictates how long you have after the date of the accident to file your claim.
- In general terms, according to Missouri Revised Statute §516.120, you have 5 years from the date of your injury to file your personal injury claim in Park Hills, MO or elsewhere in Missouri.
- If you were mentally incapacitated at the time of the injury or under the age of 21 at the time, Missouri Revised Statute §516.170 states that you have 5 years after the date you turn 21 or that your "legal disability" ends.
- If you are injured by someone who was a resident of the state when the injury happened, but left the state at a later date before you filed a lawsuit, Missouri Revised Statute §516.200 stipulates that the time the defendant is out of the state does not apply toward the 5 years.
If you have been injured in an auto accident in Park Hills, MO, the clock is already ticking for when you can make your claim. Do not prolong this, call the auto accident law firm of Burger Law now at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online to get justice and complete compensation for your injuries. We begin working on your Park Hills, MO claim right away and do not rest until we win.
What Are the Factors That Determine an Auto Accident Settlement in Park Hills, MO?
As the meaning of a car accident settlement is to adequately compensate you for your damages, the seriousness of those injuries is the compelling factor in how much your settlement may be. Other facets include the insurance policy in question, how your injuries have impacted your life, if you are to blame in any degree for your accident and the capabilities of your Park Hills, MO car accident lawyer:
- The severity of your injuries — As more major injuries lead to higher medical expenses and more time lost from work in Park Hills, MO, they generate higher settlements, especially when including the pain and suffering multiplier.
- How your injuries have impacted your life — The greater the effect on your mental, emotional and physical well-being, the more the noneconomic damages will be.
- The insurance policy — Missouri has a minimum insurance requirement of $25,000 for bodily injury, and while a skilled Park Hills, MO car crash lawyer may have the skills to get you more, there are occasions when you will be limited by the negligent driver's and/or your insurance policy limits.
- If you are partially to blame — With comparative negligence policies like Missouri law observes, you can still get financial compensation if you were partially responsible for the accident; yet, the total amount will be less. For example, if you are awarded $100,000 in damages but it is decided that you are responsible for 30 percent of the blame for your crash, you would get $70,000. You can still receive compensation in Missouri, even if you were 99 percent at fault.
- Your car accident lawyer — You need a skilled and aggressive Park Hills, MO attorney to fight the insurance company and its tactics. Your auto accident attorney will also need to look into your accident, prove liability on the part of the other driver and have a network of medical and economic experts in the Park Hills, MO area and throughout MO to accurately value your claim. If the insurance company refuses to extend a fair settlement, you will need an experienced trial attorney with courtroom savvy that will stand by your side and argue your case in front of a jury.
What Tricks Do Insurance Companies Use To Avoid Paying Claims?
When you have a personal injury claim, be aware of the tricks insurance c …
Is It Worth It to Get a Lawyer for a Car Accident?
Is It Worth It to Get a Lawyer for a Car Accident? If you've been injured …
When Should I Hire an Attorney After a Car Accident?
When Should I Hire an Attorney After a Car Accident? If you were injured …
What Do I Do After an Auto Accident in Park Hills, MO?
Car crashes are not a pleasant experience, and they are often startling and frightening. But, it is important to keep a level head following an accident. According to the Burger Law Park Hills, MO auto accident lawyers, you should follow these steps to ensure everyone’s well-being and to receive the best results from your claim in Park Hills, MO:
- Check to see if you or anyone else is injured. The most critical thing in a Park Hills, MO car crash is everybody's well-being and safety. Check to see if anyone is injured and how severe their injuries are. If there are severe injuries to you or anyone else, call 911 immediately. If you can and it is safe to do so, render aid to anyone who needs it.
- Get to safety. Do not move anyone who is severely injured until emergency medical personnel get there, and warn other vehicles of the crash. If you cannot move your vehicle, turn on the emergency lights and exit to get to the side of the road when it is safe. Otherwise, get your vehicle to the side of the road and out of the way of oncoming traffic so no one ends up in a multi-car accident.
- Phone the police. Call the Park Hills, MO or county police if you have not already dialed 911. Missouri Revised Statute §303.040 demands Missouri motorists to report any motor vehicle accident that ends in personal injury, death, or over $500 in property damage. If you are uncertain as to the extent of the damage or how bad your injuries are, err on the side of caution and call the police. Not only is it the law, but police in Park Hills, MO are trained to provide an official account of what happened in accidents, and their report will go a long way in proving your claim and holding the other party accountable.
- Collect evidence and document the accident scene. Take photos of all vehicles involved, any injuries you sustained and other parts of the scene, such as the road surrounding the accident. The lack of tire marks could help prove that the other driver was distracted and is responsible for the auto accident. If the other driver was drunk, take pictures of law enforcement arresting them.
You should additionally swap insurance information with the other driver. If there were bystanders who could be eyewitnesses, get their contact information so your Park Hills, MO auto accident attorney will be able to take official depositions from them. As your memory will be freshest in the immediate aftermath, it is also a good idea to write down everything you remember about the crash as you may forget seemingly insignificant details that later turn out to be crucial.
- Get medical treatment. Even if you do not think your injuries are severe, it is a good idea to go to an urgent care facility in the Park Hills, MO area after a car accident. With some injuries, adrenaline can frequently disguise pain and you may not experience symptoms immediately after an accident.
- Reach out to Burger Law. When you are seriously hurt in a car crash, it is necessary to find a knowledgeable lawyer who can assist in navigating the complexities of your case. An experienced, professional lawyer who fights back against resistant insurance companies is often the only way you can really receive maximum compensation for your damages. We have more than 70 years of combined experience standing up for the injured in Park Hills, MO. We know car accident claims and will be able to figure out precisely how much you are owed. Talking to us about your claim is free, so it is important to never approve a settlement offer before asking an auto accident lawyer if it is really fair. We are also experienced trial lawyers, so if we cannot secure a fair financial recovery in negotiations, we will move the fight to a jury and a judge.
What Should I Look For When Picking an Auto Accident Lawyer in Park Hills, MO?
When it comes to choosing an auto accident lawyer in Park Hills, MO, it is integral to do your research and find the ideal attorney for the particulars of your case. Here are some key aspects to consider:
- Experience: A knowledgeable auto accident lawyer will know the intricacies of the legal system and be able to help you fight against bullying insurance companies. Burger Law has nearly 30 years of experience in the Park Hills, MO area, and throughout Missouri, standing up to insurance companies and prosecutors on behalf of our clients.
- Specialization: Different lawyers specialize in different areas of the law, and it is important to locate one who specializes in auto accident cases. The Burger Law Park Hills, MO auto accident lawyers are not only well steeped in car crash cases, we dedicate our careers to handling cases like yours and doing whatever it takes to get you full compensation for your lost wages, medical bills, other out-of-pocket expenses and the pain and suffering you have sustained because of your injuries.
- Reputation: It is also essential to look for an attorney who has a solid reputation and is known in the community. Ask around for recommendations and check online reviews, and you will notice Burger Law’s stellar track record throughout the Park Hills, MO area.
- Communication: It is crucial to locate a lawyer in Park Hills, MO who is willing to answer your questions and is easy to talk to. Gary Burger has literally written the book on the absolutely essential questions to ask before you pick a lawyer. Our team always ensure you know what is going on with your case. Additionally, we deal with all negotiation, documentation and litigation, also keeping you in the loop throughout these processes. Give us a call right away at (314) 500-HURT or complete our online form.
Reach Out To a Burger Law Park Hills, MO Auto Accident Attorney
Do not settle for less than you deserve, no matter if it is some other Park Hills, MO auto accident attorney or an offer from an insurance company. Burger Law has experienced, aggressive and unwavering auto accident lawyers ready to stand by your side and fight for your rights throughout your claim.
Call our Park Hills, MO auto accident lawyer team now at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online. We do not collect any fees until we win your case. Get legal representation in Park Hills, MO when you need it, and pay when you get paid.