Auto Accident Lawyer Perryville, MO
Auto Accident Lawyer Perryville, MO. If you or a loved one are seriously injured in an auto accident, Burger Law is the law firm to turn to in the Perryville, MO area. Talk with an experienced Perryville, MO auto accident lawyer immediately at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online.
If you were injured in an auto accident, see how much your claim might be worth in Perryville, MO, with our free personal injury calculator.
The Burger Law legal team fights for your rights and demands a complete recovery in your Perryville, MO auto accident claim. Our attorneys have successfully recovered more than $200 million in settlement and trial results for our clients in Perryville, MO and throughout Missouri, featuring a multi-year legal battle resulting in a trial verdict of $113 million. Our lawyers will not stop until obtaining the best possible recovery for you.
Burger Law’s Successful Missouri Auto Accident Claims
At Burger Law, we believe that results matter. Our Perryville, MO clients want to know that we are giving 100 percent to a case and win the best possible settlement on their behalf. Below are some recent examples of car crash settlements we have won for clients:
- $300k Utility Terrain Vehicle Settlement
- On-Ramp Accident Leads to $327,000 Settlement
- $90,000 Settlement after Car Accident
- Head on Collision
- Rear End Accident Leads to $35,000 recovery
Injured in an Auto Accident? Contact a Perryville, MO Auto Accident Lawyer
Following a car crash in Perryville, MO, you should be focused on getting your injuries treated. You should not have to worry about fighting your insurance company for the care you need, or wondering whether you are going to receive the financial compensation for the recovery you need for the car accident, or even court dates and legal jargon. The Burger Law Perryville, MO auto accident attorneys can concentrate all their efforts on all of the above.
Our lawyers are prepared to fight for your rights, ensure that you get complete compensation for the recovery you need and return to a normal life. Call one of our Perryville, MO auto accident lawyers right now at (314) 500-HURT or fill out our online contact form. They are able to confidentially discuss your case for free with no obligation.
What Are the Most Common Causes of Auto Accidents in Perryville, MO?
Although there are several potentially dangerous events and conditions outside of our control that can contribute to crashes, most auto accidents are caused by driver error. Auto accidents happen in what often feels like a blink of an eye. Research by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) estimates that human motorists are responsible for 94 percent of accidents that take place.
Some of the common causes of Perryville, MO car crashes include:
- Distracted Driving
- Texting and Driving
- Drunk Driving
- Hit and Run
- Construction Zones
- Failing to Yield
- Rain or Bad Weather
- Reckless Driving, including:
- Cutting another car off
- Weaving in and out of traffic
- Running red lights
- Blocking a car or changing speed to prevent another car from changing lanes, passing, etc.
- Refusing to use turn signals
- Forcing a car off the road
- Using high beams to interfere with another driver’s ability to see
What Is the Average Car Accident Settlement Amount in the Perryville, MO Area?
Auto accidents are expensive. According to the Insurance Information Institute, deaths, injuries and property damage in motor vehicle accidents cost $474 billion in 2020. The NHTSA, estimates that auto accidents cost society $7,300 per second in loss of productivity.
In terms of the cost of paying out the average car accident settlement in Perryville, MO, or anywhere for that matter, it can be hard to pinpoint a precise figure as the specifics of each case vary and many settlement amounts are confidential. But, generally speaking, most of car crash settlements come in between $15,000 and $20,000. Injuries requiring more comprehensive medical care frequently reach $50,000 to $100,000, while injuries causing permanent disability or, in the worst cases, wrongful death, can result in damages of hundreds of thousands of dollars, if not millions.
In addition, we have extensive experience winning the following cases for our Perryville, MO clients:
How Long Do I Have to File a Car Accident Claim in Perryville, MO?
The state of Missouri's statute of limitations dictates how long you have after the date of your injuries from a Perryville, MO auto accident to file your claim.
- Generally speaking, according to Missouri Revised Statute §516.120, you have 5 years from the date of your injury to file your personal injury claim in Perryville, MO or elsewhere in Missouri.
- If you were mentally incapacitated at the time of the injury or under the age of 21 at the time, Missouri Revised Statute §516.170 states that you have 5 years after the date you turn 21 or that your "legal disability" ends.
- If you are harmed by someone who was a resident of the state when the injury occurred, but later left the state before you filed a lawsuit, Missouri Revised Statute §516.200 stipulates that the time the defendant is out of Missouri does not apply toward the 5 years.
If you have been injured in an auto accident in Perryville, MO, the clock is already ticking for when you can make your claim. Do not hesitate, call the auto accident law firm of Burger Law now at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online to get justice and complete compensation for your injuries. We begin working on your Perryville, MO case immediately and do not rest until we win.
What Are the Factors That Determine an Auto Accident Settlement in Perryville, MO?
As the meaning of an auto crash settlement is to reasonable compensate you for your damages, the severity of those injuries is the compelling factor in how much your settlement might be. Other factors include how your injuries have impacted your life, the insurance policy in question, if you bear any responsibility for your accident and the abilities of your Perryville, MO auto accident attorney:
- The severity of your injuries — As more serious injuries lead to more time lost from work in Perryville, MO and larger medical expenses, they lead to higher settlements, especially when adding in the pain and suffering multiplier.
- How your injuries have impacted your life — The greater the effect on your mental, emotional and physical well-being, the higher the noneconomic damages will be.
- The insurance policy — Missouri has a minimum insurance requirement of $25,000 for bodily injury, and while a skilled Perryville, MO car crash lawyer may be able to get you more, there are instances where the compensation is dependant upon the negligent driver's and/or your insurance policy limits.
- If you are partially to blame — With comparative negligence policies like Missouri law observes, you can still be awarded financial compensation if you were partially responsible for the accident; yet, the amount will be less. For example, if you are awarded $100,000 in damages but it is decided that you are responsible for 30 percent of the blame for your accident, you would get $70,000. Even if you were 99 percent at fault, you can still receive compensation in Missouri.
- Your car accident lawyer — You need a skilled and aggressive Perryville, MO attorney to fight the insurance company's tricks. Your auto accident lawyer will also need to look into your crash, prove liability on the part of the other motorist and have a network of medical and economic experts in the Perryville, MO area and throughout MO to precisely value your claim. If the insurance company refuses to offer a fair settlement, you will need an experienced trial lawyer with courtroom savvy that will argue your case in front of a jury.
What Tricks Do Insurance Companies Use To Avoid Paying Claims?
When you have a personal injury claim, be aware of the tricks insurance c …
Is It Worth It to Get a Lawyer for a Car Accident?
Is It Worth It to Get a Lawyer for a Car Accident? If you've been injured …
When Should I Hire an Attorney After a Car Accident?
When Should I Hire an Attorney After a Car Accident? If you were injured …
What Do I Do After an Auto Accident in Perryville, MO?
Auto accidents are never a pleasant experience, and they are frequently frightening and startling. But, it is crucial to stay calm in the aftermath of an accident. According to the Burger Law Perryville, MO auto accident lawyers, you should follow these steps to ensure everyone’s well-being and to get the best results from your claim in Perryville, MO:
- Check to see whether you or anyone else is injured. The most important thing in a Perryville, MO car crash is everybody's well-being and safety. Check to see if anyone is injured and how severe their injuries are. If there are severe injuries to you or anyone else, call 911 right away. If you are able and it is safe to do so, render first aid to anyone who needs it.
- Get to safety. Do not move anyone who is severely injured until emergency medical personnel get there, and warn other motor vehicles of the crash. If you are unable to move your vehicle, turn on the emergency lights and exit to get to the side of the road whenever it is safe. Otherwise, get your vehicle to the side of the road and away from oncoming traffic to avoid a multi-car accident.
- Call the police. If you have not already called 911, call the Perryville, MO or county police. Missouri Revised Statute §303.040 calls for Missouri drivers to report any motor vehicle accident that ends in death, personal injury, or over $500 in property damage. If you are uncertain as to the extent of the damage or how severe your injuries are, err on the side of caution and call the police. Not only is it the law, but police in Perryville, MO are trained to provide an official account of what happened in accidents, and their report will go a long way in proving your claim and holding the other party accountable.
- Collect evidence and document the accident scene. Take pictures of all vehicles involved, any injuries you sustained and other parts of the scene, such as the roadway around the accident. The lack of tire marks could help prove that the other driver was distracted and is responsible for the car crash. If the other driver was drunk, take pictures of the police arresting them.
You should additionally trade insurance information with the other driver. If there were eyewitnesses, get their contact information so your Perryville, MO auto accident attorney can take official depositions from them. It is also a good idea to jot down all that comes to mind about the accident, as your memory will be freshest in the immediate aftermath, and you may forget seemingly insignificant details that later turn out to be crucial.
- Get medical treatment. Even if you do not think your injuries are severe, it is a good idea to go to an urgent care facility in the Perryville, MO area after a car accident. With some injuries, you may not deal with symptoms right away, and adrenaline can frequently mask pain after a crash.
- Contact Burger Law. When you are seriously injured in a car crash, it is beneficial to find an informed attorney who can help you navigate the twists and turns of your case. An experienced lawyer who pushes back against bullies like resistant insurance companies is often the only way you can truly receive maximum compensation for your injuries. We have over 70 years of combined experience standing up for the injured in Perryville, MO. We will be able to calculate exactly how much you are owed because we know car accident claims. Talking to us about your claim is free, so it is vital to never approve a settlement offer prior to asking an auto accident attorney if it is actually adequate. Additionally, we are experienced trial attorneys, so if we cannot negotiate a fair financial recovery, we will take the fight to a judge and jury.
What Should I Look For When Choosing an Auto Accident Lawyer in Perryville, MO?
When it comes to choosing an auto accident lawyer in Perryville, MO, it is important to do your homework and find the right attorney for the particulars of your case. The following are some key factors to consider:
- Experience: A knowledgeable auto accident attorney will know the intricacies of the legal system and be able to help you fight against bullying insurance companies. Burger Law has over three decades of experience in the Perryville, MO area, and throughout Missouri, standing up to insurance companies and prosecutors on behalf of our clients.
- Specialization: Different lawyers are accomplished in different aspects of the law, and it is critical to find one who specializes in auto accident cases. The Burger Law Perryville, MO auto accident lawyers are not only well steeped in car crash cases, we dedicate our careers to handling cases like yours and doing whatever it takes to get you full compensation for your medical bills, lost wages, other out-of-pocket expenses and the pain and suffering you have incurred because of your injuries.
- Reputation: It is also essential to locate a lawyer who has a good reputation and is known in the community. Ask around for recommendations and check online reviews, and you will notice Burger Law’s distinguished track record throughout the Perryville, MO area.
- Communication: It is crucial to find a lawyer in Perryville, MO who is willing to answer your questions and is easy to talk to. Gary Burger has literally written the book on absolutely essential questions to ask before you pick an attorney. Our team always ensure you are in the know on what is transpiring in your case. We also deal with all documentation, negotiation and litigation, also keeping you aware throughout these procedures. Call us as soon as possible at (314) 500-HURT or complete our online form.
Contact a Burger Law Perryville, MO Auto Accident Lawyer
Do not settle for less than you deserve, whether it is some other auto accident lawyer near Perryville, MO or an offer from an insurance company. Burger Law has experienced, aggressive and unwavering auto accident lawyers ready to stand in your corner and fight for your rights throughout the life of your claim.
Call our Perryville, MO auto accident lawyer team now at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online. We do not collect any fees until we win your case. Get legal representation in Perryville, MO when you need it, and pay when you get paid.