Auto Accident Lawyer Pettis County, MO
Auto Accident Lawyer Pettis County, MO. If you or a loved one are seriously injured in an auto accident, Burger Law is the law firm to contact in the Pettis County, MO area. Talk with a knowledgeable Pettis County, MO auto accident lawyer immediately at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online.
If you were injured in an auto accident, see how much your claim may be worth in Pettis County, MO, with our free personal injury calculator.
The Burger Law attorneys fight for your rights and demands a full recovery in your Pettis County, MO auto accident claim. Our lawyers have successfully recovered more than $200 million in settlement and trial results for our clients in Pettis County, MO and throughout Missouri, including a multi-year legal battle resulting in a trial verdict of $113 million. The team will stop nothing short of the best possible recovery for you.
Burger Law’s Successful Missouri Auto Accident Claims
At Burger Law, we believe that results matter. Our Pettis County, MO clients want to know that we are giving 100 percent to a case and win the best possible settlement on their behalf. The following are some recent examples of auto accident settlements we have won for clients:
- $300k Utility Terrain Vehicle Settlement
- On-Ramp Accident Leads to $327,000 Settlement
- $90,000 Settlement after Car Accident
- Head on Collision
- Rear End Accident Leads to $35,000 recovery
Injured in an Auto Accident? Contact a Pettis County, MO Auto Accident Lawyer
After an auto accident in Pettis County, MO, you should be able to concentrate on getting treatment for your injuries. You should not have to be concerned with fighting your insurance company for the medical care you need, or worrying about whether you are going to get the financial compensation for the recovery you need and deserve for the car accident, or even legal jargon and court dates. The Burger Law Pettis County, MO auto accident lawyers can center all their efforts on the above facets.
Our lawyers are prepared to fight for your rights, ensure that you get complete compensation for the recovery you deserve and get back to a normal life. Give one of our Pettis County, MO auto accident lawyers a call right away at (314) 500-HURT or fill out our online contact form. They are able to confidentially discuss the specifics of your case for free with no obligation.
What Are the Most Common Causes of Auto Accidents in Pettis County, MO?
Auto accidents happen in what often feels like a blink of an eye. Although there are several possible hazardous conditions and events outside of our control that can contribute to crashes, the majority of car crashes are caused by driver error. Research by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) estimates that human operators are responsible for 94 percent of accidents that take place.
Some of the common causes of Pettis County, MO car crashes include:
- Distracted Driving
- Texting and Driving
- Drunk Driving
- Hit and Run
- Construction Zones
- Failing to Yield
- Rain or Bad Weather
- Reckless Driving, including:
- Cutting another car off
- Weaving in and out of traffic
- Running red lights
- Blocking a car or changing speed to prevent another car from changing lanes, passing, etc.
- Refusing to use turn signals
- Forcing a car off the road
- Using high beams to interfere with another driver’s ability to see
What Is the Average Car Accident Settlement Amount in the Pettis County, MO Area?
Auto accidents are expensive. According to research from the Insurance Information Institute, deaths, injuries and property damage in motor vehicle accidents cost $474 billion in 2020. The NHTSA, estimates that auto accidents cost society $7,300 per second in loss of productivity.
It can be difficult to pinpoint a precise amount as many settlements are confidential, in terms of the average car accident settlement in Pettis County, MO, or anywhere for that matter. However, generally speaking, most of car accident settlements come in between $15,000 and $20,000. Injuries needing more extensive medical care frequently reach $50,000 to $100,000, while injuries resulting in permanent disability or, in the worst cases, wrongful death, can result in damages of hundreds of thousands of dollars, if not millions.
In addition, we have extensive experience winning the following cases for our Pettis County, MO clients:
How Long Do I Have to File a Car Accident Claim in Pettis County, MO?
Once you are injured in a Pettis County, MO auto accident, the state of Missouri's statute of limitations dictates how long you have after the date of the accident to file your claim.
- In general, according to Missouri Revised Statute §516.120, you have 5 years from the date of your injury to file your personal injury claim in Pettis County, MO or elsewhere in Missouri.
- If you were under the age of 21 at the time of the injury, or were mentally incapacitated at the time, Missouri Revised Statute §516.170 stipulates that you have 5 years after the date you turn 21 or that your "legal disability" ends.
- If you are injured by someone who was a resident of Missouri when the injury occurred, but left the state at a later date before you filed a lawsuit, Missouri Revised Statute §516.200 states that the time the defendant is out of Missouri does not apply toward the 5 years.
The clock is already ticking for when you can make your claim, if you have been hurt in a Pettis County, MO auto accident. Do not prolong this, call the auto accident law firm of Burger Law today at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online to get justice and complete compensation for your injuries. We begin working on your Pettis County, MO claim immediately and do not rest until we win.
What Are the Factors That Determine an Auto Accident Settlement in Pettis County, MO?
As the meaning of an auto accident settlement is to fairly compensate you for your damages, the severity of those injuries is the driving factor in how much your settlement might be. Other factors include the insurance policy in question, how your injuries have impacted your life, if you bear any responsibility for your accident and the capabilities of your Pettis County, MO car accident attorney:
- The seriousness of your injuries — As more severe injuries lead to larger medical expenses and more time lost from work in Pettis County, MO, they generate bigger settlements, especially when including the pain and suffering multiplier.
- How your injuries have impacted your life — The greater the effect on your physical, emotional and mental well-being, the higher the noneconomic damages will be.
- The insurance policy — Missouri has a minimum insurance requirement of $25,000 for bodily injury, and while a skilled Pettis County, MO car crash lawyer may be able to get you more, there are occasions when you will be limited by the negligent driver's and/or your insurance policy limits.
- If you are partially responsible — With comparative negligence policies like Missouri law observes, you can still receive financial compensation if you were partially to blame; however, the amount will be less. As an example, if you are awarded $100,000 in damages but it is decided that you are 30 percent to blame for your accident, you would get $70,000. You can still receive compensation in Missouri, even if you were 99 percent at fault.
- Your car accident lawyer — You need a skilled and aggressive Pettis County, MO attorney to combat the insurance company's tricks. Your auto accident attorney will also need to investigate your accident, prove liability on the part of the other motorist and have a network of medical and economic experts in the Pettis County, MO area and throughout MO to accurately value your claim. If the insurance company will not offer a fair settlement, you will need an experienced trial lawyer with courtroom savvy that will stand by your side and argue your case in front of a jury.
What Tricks Do Insurance Companies Use To Avoid Paying Claims?
When you have a personal injury claim, be aware of the tricks insurance c …
Is It Worth It to Get a Lawyer for a Car Accident?
Is It Worth It to Get a Lawyer for a Car Accident? If you've been injured …
When Should I Hire an Attorney After a Car Accident?
When Should I Hire an Attorney After a Car Accident? If you were injured …
What Do I Do After an Auto Accident in Pettis County, MO?
Car crashes are never a pleasant experience, and they are often frightening and startling. Yet, it is important to stay calm in the aftermath of an accident. You should follow these steps to ensure everyone’s well-being and to get the finest results from your claim in Pettis County, MO:
- Check to see whether you or anyone else is injured. The most important thing in a Pettis County, MO auto accident is everybody's well-being and safety. Check to see if anyone is injured and how severe their injuries are. If you or anyone is severely injured, call 911 right away. If you can and it is safe to do so, render aid to anyone who needs it.
- Get to safety. If anyone is severely injured, do not move them until emergency medical technicians get there, and warn other vehicles of the crash. If you cannot move your vehicle, turn on the emergency lights and exit to get to the side of the road when it is safe. Otherwise, get your vehicle to the side of the road and away from oncoming traffic to avoid a multi-car accident.
- Phone the police. Call the Pettis County, MO or county police if you have not already dialed 911. Missouri Revised Statute §303.040 calls for Missouri motorists to report any motor vehicle accident that ends in personal injury, death, or over $500 in property damage. If you are uncertain as to the extent of the damage or how bad your injuries are, call the police and err on the side of caution. Not only is it the law, but police in Pettis County, MO are trained to offer an official, accurate account of what happened in accidents, and their report will go a long way in proving your claim and holding the other party accountable.
- Collect evidence and document the accident scene. Take pictures of all vehicles involved, any injuries you sustained and other parts of the scene, like the roadway surrounding the accident. A lack of tire marks may be sufficient to prove that the other driver was distracted and is responsible for the car crash. If the other driver was drunk, take pictures of the police arresting them.
You should additionally trade insurance information with the other driver. If there were eyewitnesses, get their contact information so that your Pettis County, MO auto accident lawyer can take official depositions from them. It is also a good idea to write down all that comes to mind about the accident, as your memory will be freshest in the immediate aftermath, and you may forget seemingly insignificant details that later turn out to be critical.
- Get medical treatment. It is a good idea to go to an urgent care facility in the Pettis County, MO area after a car accident, even if you do not believe your injuries are severe. Occassionally, with some injuries, you may not experience symptoms right away, and adrenaline can frequently disguise pain after an accident.
- Reach out to Burger Law. When you are seriously injured in a car crash, it is beneficial to find an informed lawyer who can assist in navigating the complexities of your case. An experienced, professional attorney who fights back against resistant insurance companies is often the only way you can really receive maximum compensation for your damages. We have more than 70 years of combined experience standing up for the injured in Pettis County, MO. We will be able to figure out precisely how much you are owed because we know car accident claims. Speaking with us about your claim is free, so it is vital to never take a settlement offer prior to asking an auto accident attorney if it is actually fair. We are also knowledgeable trial attorneys, so if we cannot negotiate a fair financial recovery, we will move the fight to a jury and a judge.
What Should I Look For When Choosing an Auto Accident Lawyer in Pettis County, MO?
When it comes to selecting an auto accident lawyer in Pettis County, MO, it is integral to do your homework and find the ideal lawyer for the finer points of your case. Here are some key aspects to consider:
- Experience: An experienced auto accident lawyer will know the intricacies of the legal system and be able to help you fight against bullying insurance companies. Burger Law has nearly 30 years of experience in the Pettis County, MO area, and throughout Missouri, standing up to prosecutors and insurance companies on behalf of our clients.
- Specialization: Different lawyers specialize in different specifics of the law, and it is critical to locate one who specializes in auto accident cases. The Burger Law Pettis County, MO auto accident attorneys are not only well versed in car crash cases, we dedicate our careers to handling cases like yours and doing whatever it takes to get you full compensation for your lost wages, medical bills, other out-of-pocket expenses and the pain and suffering you have sustained because of your injuries.
- Reputation: It is also important to look for an attorney who is known in the community and who has a good reputation. Ask around for recommendations and read online reviews, and you will see Burger Law’s stellar track record throughout the Pettis County, MO area.
- Communication: It is important to locate a lawyer in Pettis County, MO who is easy to talk to and is willing to answer your questions. Gary Burger has literally written the book on absolutely essential questions to ask before you pick an attorney. Our attorneys always ensure you know what is going on with your case. We also handle all negotiation, documentation and litigation, also keeping you in the know throughout these processes. Give us a call today at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online.
Reach Out To a Burger Law Pettis County, MO Auto Accident Lawyer
Do not settle for less than you deserve, no matter if it is some other auto accident lawyer near Pettis County, MO or an offer from an insurance company. Burger Law has experienced, aggressive and unwavering auto accident lawyers ready and willing to stand by your side and fight for your rights throughout the life of your claim.
Call our Pettis County, MO auto accident lawyers today at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online. We do not collect any fees until we win your case. Get legal representation in Pettis County, MO when you need it, and pay when you get paid.