Auto Accident Lawyer Pevely, MO
Auto Accident Lawyer Pevely, MO. When you or a loved one are seriously injured in an auto accident, Burger Law is the law firm to call in the Pevely, MO area. Talk with an experienced Pevely, MO auto accident lawyer right now at (314) 500-HURT or reach out to us online.
If you were injured in an auto accident, find out how much your claim might be worth in Pevely, MO, with our complimentary personal injury calculator.
The Burger Law legal team fights for your rights and demands a full recovery in your Pevely, MO auto accident claim. Our legal team has successfully recovered over $200 million in settlement and trial results for our clients in Pevely, MO and throughout Missouri, including a multi-year legal battle resulting in a trial verdict of $113 million. Our lawyers will stop nothing short of the best possible recovery for you.
Burger Law’s Successful Missouri Auto Accident Claims
At Burger Law, we believe that results matter. Our Pevely, MO clients want to know that we are providing our entire attention to a case and win the best possible settlement on their behalf. Below are some recent examples of car crash settlements we have won for clients:
- $300k Utility Terrain Vehicle Settlement
- On-Ramp Accident Leads to $327,000 Settlement
- $90,000 Settlement after Car Accident
- Head on Collision
- Rear End Accident Leads to $35,000 recovery
Injured in an Auto Accident? Contact a Pevely, MO Auto Accident Lawyer
After an auto accident in Pevely, MO, you should be able to concentrate on getting your injuries treated. You should not have to worry about fighting your insurance company for the care you need, or worrying about whether you are going to get the financial compensation you need and deserve for the car accident, or even legal jargon and court dates. The Burger Law Pevely, MO auto accident lawyers can center all their efforts on the above facets.
Our attorneys are ready to fight for your rights, ensure that you get complete compensation for the recovery you need and return to a normal life. Give one of our Pevely, MO auto accident lawyers a call right now at (314) 500-HURT or fill out our online contact form. They are prepared to confidentially talk about your case for free with no obligation.
What Are the Most Common Causes of Auto Accidents in Pevely, MO?
Auto accidents happen in what often feels like a blink of an eye. Although there are several possible dangerous events and conditions outside of our control that can contribute to crashes, most car crashes are caused by driver error. Research by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) estimates that human motorists are responsible for 94 percent of accidents that occur.
Some of the common causes of Pevely, MO auto accidents are:
- Distracted Driving
- Texting and Driving
- Drunk Driving
- Hit and Run
- Construction Zones
- Failing to Yield
- Rain or Bad Weather
- Reckless Driving, including:
- Cutting another car off
- Weaving in and out of traffic
- Running red lights
- Blocking a car or changing speed to prevent another car from changing lanes, passing, etc.
- Refusing to use turn signals
- Forcing a car off the road
- Using high beams to interfere with another driver’s ability to see
What Is the Average Car Accident Settlement Amount in the Pevely, MO Area?
Auto accidents are expensive. According to the Insurance Information Institute, deaths, injuries and property damage in auto accidents cost $474 billion in 2020. The NHTSA, estimates that motor vehicle crashes cost society $7,300 per second in productivity lost.
It can be hard to pinpoint an exact amount as many settlements are confidential, in terms of the average car accident settlement in Pevely, MO, or anywhere for that matter. But, generally speaking, most of auto accident settlements come in between $15,000 and $20,000. Injuries calling for more extensive medical care frequently reach $50,000 to $100,000, while injuries resulting in permanent disability or, in the worst cases, wrongful death, can bring about damages of hundreds of thousands of dollars, if not millions.
In addition, we have extensive experience winning the following cases for our Pevely, MO clients:
How Long Do I Have to File a Car Accident Claim in Pevely, MO?
The state of Missouri's statute of limitations dictates how long you have after the date of your injuries from a Pevely, MO auto accident to file your claim.
- In general terms, according to Missouri Revised Statute §516.120, you have 5 years from the date of your injury to file your auto accident injury claim in Pevely, MO or elsewhere in Missouri.
- If you were mentally incapacitated at the time of the injury or under the age of 21 at the time, Missouri Revised Statute §516.170 states that you have 5 years after the date you turn 21 or that your "legal disability" ends.
- If you are injured by someone who was a resident of Missouri when the injury occurred, but later left the state before you filed a lawsuit, Missouri Revised Statute §516.200 states that the time the defendant is out of the state does not apply toward the five years.
The clock is already ticking for when you can make your claim, if you have been injured in a Pevely, MO auto accident. Do not hesitate, call the auto accident law firm of Burger Law today at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online to get justice and maximum compensation for your injuries. We start working on your Pevely, MO claim immediately and do not rest until we win.
What Are the Factors That Determine an Auto Accident Settlement in Pevely, MO?
As the purpose of an auto crash settlement is to adequately compensate you for your injuries, the seriousness of those injuries is the driving element in how much your settlement might be. Other aspects include how your injuries have impacted your life, the insurance policy in question, if you are to blame in any degree for your accident and the abilities of your Pevely, MO auto accident attorney:
- The severity of your injuries — As more major injuries lead to more time lost from work in Pevely, MO and larger medical expenses, they generate bigger settlements, especially when including the pain and suffering multiplier.
- How your injuries have impacted your life — The greater the effect on your mental, emotional and physical well-being, the more the noneconomic damages will be.
- The insurance policy — Missouri has a minimum insurance requirement of $25,000 for bodily injury, and while a skilled Pevely, MO car crash lawyer might have the skills to get you more, there are times when you will be limited by the negligent driver's and/or your insurance policy limits.
- If you are partially responsible — With comparative negligence policies like Missouri law observes, you can still receive a financial recovery if you were partially to blame; however, the total amount will be less. As an example, if you are awarded $100,000 in damages but it is found that you are 30 percent to blame for your accident, you would receive $70,000. In Missouri, you can still receive compensation if you were 99 percent at fault.
- Your car accident lawyer — You need an aggressive and skilled Pevely, MO lawyer to combat the insurance company's tricks. Your auto accident attorney will also need to investigate your accident, prove liability on the part of the other motorist and have a network of medical and economic experts in the Pevely, MO area and throughout MO to accurately calculate your claim. If the insurance company refuses to offer a fair settlement in negotiation, you will need a knowledgeable trial attorney with courtroom savvy that will argue your case in front of a jury.
What Tricks Do Insurance Companies Use To Avoid Paying Claims?
When you have a personal injury claim, be aware of the tricks insurance c …
Is It Worth It to Get a Lawyer for a Car Accident?
Is It Worth It to Get a Lawyer for a Car Accident? If you've been injured …
When Should I Hire an Attorney After a Car Accident?
When Should I Hire an Attorney After a Car Accident? If you were injured …
What Do I Do After an Auto Accident in Pevely, MO?
Auto accidents are not a pleasant experience, and they are frequently startling and frightening. However, it is important to stay calm following a crash. According to the Burger Law Pevely, MO auto accident lawyers, you should follow these steps to ensure everyone’s safety and to receive the best results from your claim in Pevely, MO:
- Check to see whether you or anyone else is injured. The most vital thing in a Pevely, MO auto accident is everybody's well-being and safety. Assess the scene to see if anyone is injured and how significant their injuries are. If you or anyone is severely injured, call 911 immediately. If you can and it is safe to do so, render first aid to anyone who needs it.
- Get to safety. Do not move anyone who is severely injured until emergency medical technicians arrive, and warn other vehicles of the accident. If you cannot move your vehicle, turn on the emergency lights and exit to get to the side of the road when it is safe. Otherwise, get your vehicle to the side of the road and away from oncoming traffic to avoid a multi-car accident.
- Call the police. If you have not already called 911, call the Pevely, MO or county police. Missouri Revised Statute §303.040 requires Missouri drivers to report any motor vehicle crash that results in death, personal injury, or over $500 in property damage. If you are uncertain as to the extent of the damage or how severe your injuries are, call the police and err on the side of caution. Not only is it the law, but police in Pevely, MO are trained to offer an official, accurate account of what happened in accidents, and their report will go a long way in proving your claim and holding the other party accountable.
- Collect evidence and document the accident scene. Take pictures of all vehicles involved, any injuries you sustained and other parts of the scene, like the road surrounding the crash. A lack of tire marks could be sufficient to prove that the other driver was distracted and is responsible for the auto accident. If the other driver was drunk, take pictures of the authorities arresting them.
You should additionally exchange insurance information with the other driver. If there were bystanders who could be eyewitnesses, collect their contact information so that your Pevely, MO auto accident lawyer can take official depositions from them. It is also a good idea to jot down everything you remember about the crash, as your memory will be freshest in the immediate aftermath, and you may forget seemingly insignificant details that later turn out to be critical.
- Get medical treatment. Even if you do not believe your injuries are severe, it is a good idea to go to an urgent care facility in the Pevely, MO area after a car accident. Occassionally, with some injuries, you may not experience symptoms right away, and adrenaline can often disguise pain after an accident.
- Reach out to Burger Law. When you are seriously hurt in a car crash, it is essential to find an informed attorney who can help you navigate the difficulties of your case. An experienced attorney who fights back against bullies like resistant insurance companies is often the only way you can really get maximum compensation for your damages. We have more than 70 years of combined experience standing up for the injured in Pevely, MO. We will be able to calculate exactly how much you are owed because we know car accident claims. Speaking with us about your claim is free, so it is vital to never take a settlement offer before asking an auto accident lawyer if it is actually fair. We are also knowledgeable trial lawyers, so if we cannot secure a fair financial recovery in negotiations, we will take the fight in front of a judge and jury.
What Should I Look For When Selecting an Auto Accident Lawyer in Pevely, MO?
When it comes to picking an auto accident lawyer in Pevely, MO, it is important to do your research and find the ideal lawyer for the specifics of your case. The following are some key aspects to ponder:
- Experience: An experienced auto accident attorney will know the intricacies of the legal system and be able to help you fight against bullying insurance companies. Burger Law has nearly 30 years of experience in the Pevely, MO area, and throughout Missouri, standing up to insurance companies and prosecutors on behalf of our clients.
- Specialization: Different lawyers are accomplished in different specifics of the law, and it is important to find one who specializes in auto accident cases. The Burger Law Pevely, MO auto accident attorneys are not only well versed in car crash cases, we dedicate our careers to handling cases like yours and doing whatever it takes to get you full compensation for your lost wages, medical bills, various out-of-pocket expenses and the pain and suffering you have incurred because of your injuries.
- Reputation: It is also essential to search for an attorney who has a solid reputation and is known in the community. Ask around for recommendations and check online reviews, and you will notice Burger Law’s stellar track record throughout the Pevely, MO area.
- Communication: It is crucial to find an attorney in Pevely, MO who is easy to talk to and is willing to answer your questions. Gary Burger has literally written the book on the absolutely essential questions to ask before you choose a lawyer. Our team always ensure you are in the know on what is transpiring in your case. Additionally, we deal with all documentation, negotiation and litigation, also keeping you aware throughout these procedures. Call us as soon as possible at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online.
Contact a Burger Law Pevely, MO Auto Accident Attorney
Whether it is some other auto accident lawyer near Pevely, MO or an offer from an insurance company, do not settle for less than you deserve. Burger Law has knowledgeable, aggressive and unwavering auto accident lawyers ready to stand in your corner and fight for your rights throughout your claim.
Call our Pevely, MO auto accident lawyer team now at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online. We do not collect any fees until we win your case. Get legal representation in Pevely, MO when you need it, and pay when you get paid.