Auto Accident Lawyer Platte City, MO
Auto Accident Lawyer Platte City, MO. When you or a loved one are seriously injured in an auto accident, Burger Law is the law firm to call in the Platte City, MO area. Speak to a knowledgeable Platte City, MO auto accident lawyer immediately at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online.
If you were injured in a car crash, find out how much your claim might be worth in Platte City, MO, with our complimentary personal injury calculator.
The Burger Law attorneys fight for your rights and demands a complete recovery in your Platte City, MO auto accident claim. Our attorneys have successfully recovered over $200 million in settlement and trial results for our clients in Platte City, MO and throughout Missouri, including a multi-year legal battle resulting in a trial verdict of $113 million. Our lawyers will stop nothing short of a complete recovery for you.
Burger Law’s Successful Missouri Auto Accident Claims
At Burger Law, we believe that results matter. Our Platte City, MO clients want to know that we are giving 100 percent to a case and win the best possible settlement on their behalf. Below are some recent examples of car crash settlements we have won for clients:
- $300k Utility Terrain Vehicle Settlement
- On-Ramp Accident Leads to $327,000 Settlement
- $90,000 Settlement after Car Accident
- Head on Collision
- Rear End Accident Leads to $35,000 recovery
Injured in an Auto Accident? Contact a Platte City, MO Auto Accident Lawyer
Following a car crash in Platte City, MO, you should be able to concentrate on getting your injuries treated. You should not have to worry about fighting your insurance company for the medical care you need, or worrying about whether you are going to get the financial compensation for the recovery you deserve for the car accident, or even legal jargon and court dates. The Burger Law Platte City, MO auto accident lawyers can center all their efforts on the above facets.
Our attorneys are prepared to fight for your rights, ensure that you receive complete compensation for the recovery you need and get back to a normal life. Call one of our Platte City, MO auto accident lawyers now at (314) 500-HURT or fill out our online contact form. They are ready to confidentially talk about your case for free with no obligation.
What Are the Most Common Causes of Auto Accidents in Platte City, MO?
Although there are several possible dangerous conditions and events outside of our purview that can contribute to crashes, the majority of car crashes are caused by driver error. Auto accidents happen in what often feels like a blink of an eye. Research by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) estimates that human operators are responsible for 94 percent of accidents that occur.
Some of the most common causes of Platte City, MO auto accidents are:
- Distracted Driving
- Texting and Driving
- Drunk Driving
- Hit and Run
- Construction Zones
- Failing to Yield
- Rain or Bad Weather
- Reckless Driving, including:
- Cutting another car off
- Weaving in and out of traffic
- Running red lights
- Blocking a car or changing speed to prevent another car from changing lanes, passing, etc.
- Refusing to use turn signals
- Forcing a car off the road
- Using high beams to interfere with another driver’s ability to see
What Is the Average Car Accident Settlement Amount in the Platte City, MO Area?
Auto accidents are expensive. According to the Insurance Information Institute, deaths, injuries and property damage in motor vehicle accidents cost $474 billion in 2020. The NHTSA, estimates that motor vehicle crashes cost society $7,300 per second in productivity lost.
It can be difficult to pinpoint an exact figure as the specifics of each case vary and many settlement amounts are confidential, in terms of the average car accident settlement in Platte City, MO, or anywhere for that matter. But, generally speaking, most of auto accident settlements come in between $15,000 and $20,000. Injuries requiring more comprehensive medical care often reach $50,000 to $100,000, while injuries causing permanent disability or, in the worst cases, wrongful death, can result in damages of hundreds of thousands of dollars, if not millions.
In addition, we have extensive experience winning the following cases for our Platte City, MO clients:
How Long Do I Have to File a Car Accident Claim in Platte City, MO?
Once you are injured in a Platte City, MO auto accident, the state of Missouri's statute of limitations dictates how long you have after the date of the accident to file your claim.
- In general, according to Missouri Revised Statute §516.120, you have 5 years from the date of your injury to file your personal injury claim in Platte City, MO or elsewhere in Missouri.
- If you were mentally incapacitated at the time of the injury or under the age of 21 at the time, Missouri Revised Statute §516.170 stipulates that you have 5 years after the date you turn 21 or that your "legal disability" ends.
- If you are hurt by someone who was a resident of the state when the injury occurred, but left the state at a later date before you filed a lawsuit, Missouri Revised Statute §516.200 states that the time the defendant is out of the state does not apply toward the five years.
The clock is already ticking for when you can make your claim, if you have been hurt in a Platte City, MO auto accident. Do not hesitate, give the auto accident law firm of Burger Law a call as soon as possible at (314) 500-HURT or reach out to us online to get justice and maximum compensation for your injuries. We begin working on your Platte City, MO case immediately and do not stop until we win your case.
What Are the Factors That Determine an Auto Accident Settlement in Platte City, MO?
As the purpose of an auto accident settlement is to adequately compensate you for your injuries, the severity of those injuries is the compelling element in how much your settlement might be. Other aspects include how your injuries have impacted your life, the insurance policy in question, if you are to blame in any degree for your accident and the capabilities of your Platte City, MO car crash attorney:
- The seriousness of your injuries — As more severe injuries lead to more time lost from work in Platte City, MO and larger medical expenses, they lead to bigger settlements, particularly when including the pain and suffering multiplier.
- How your injuries have impacted your life — The greater the effect on your mental, emotional and physical well-being, the more the noneconomic damages will be.
- The insurance policy — Missouri has a minimum insurance requirement of $25,000 for bodily injury, and while a skilled Platte City, MO auto accident lawyer may have the skills to get you more, there are times where the compensation is dependant upon the negligent driver's and/or your insurance policy limits.
- If you are partially responsible — With comparative negligence policies like Missouri law observes, you can still be awarded financial compensation if you were partially responsible for the accident; however, the amount will be less. As an example, if you are awarded $100,000 in damages but it is found that you are 30 percent to blame for your crash, you would get $70,000. In Missouri, you can still receive compensation if you were 99 percent at fault.
- Your car accident lawyer — You need a skilled and aggressive Platte City, MO attorney to fight the insurance company and its tactics. Your auto accident lawyer will also need to conduct an investigation into your accident, prove liability on the part of the other motorist and have a network of economic and medical experts in the Platte City, MO area and throughout MO to accurately calculate your claim. If the insurance company will not proffer a fair settlement in negotiation, you will need an experienced trial lawyer with courtroom savvy that will argue your case in front of a jury.
What Tricks Do Insurance Companies Use To Avoid Paying Claims?
When you have a personal injury claim, be aware of the tricks insurance c …
Is It Worth It to Get a Lawyer for a Car Accident?
Is It Worth It to Get a Lawyer for a Car Accident? If you've been injured …
When Should I Hire an Attorney After a Car Accident?
When Should I Hire an Attorney After a Car Accident? If you were injured …
What Do I Do After an Auto Accident in Platte City, MO?
Car crashes are not a pleasant experience, and they are frequently frightening and startling. However, it is crucial to stay calm in the aftermath of a crash. According to the Burger Law Platte City, MO auto accident lawyers, you should follow these steps to ensure everyone’s well-being and to receive the premier results from your claim in Platte City, MO:
- Check to see whether you or anyone else is injured. The most important thing in a Platte City, MO car crash is everybody's safety and well-being. Assess the scene to see if anyone is injured and how significant their injuries are. If you or anyone is severely injured, call 911 right away. If you can and it is safe to do so, render first aid to anyone who needs it.
- Get to safety. Do not move anyone who is severely injured until emergency medical personnel arrive, and warn other vehicles of the crash. If you are unable to move your vehicle, turn on the emergency lights and exit to get to the side of the road whenever it is safe. Otherwise, move your vehicle to the side of the road and out of the way of oncoming traffic to avoid a multi-car accident.
- Call the police. Call the Platte City, MO or county police if you have not already dialed 911. Missouri Revised Statute §303.040 requires Missouri drivers to report any motor vehicle accident that results in death, personal injury, or over $500 in property damage. If you are uncertain as to the extent of the damage or how severe your injuries are, call the police and err on the side of caution. Police in Platte City, MO are trained to offer an official, accurate account of what happened in crashes, and their report will go a long way in proving your claim and holding the other party accountable. It is also the law.
- Collect evidence and document the accident scene. Take photos of all vehicles involved, any injuries you sustained and other parts of the scene, like the road around the accident. The lack of tire marks could help prove that the other driver was distracted and is responsible for the auto accident. If the other driver was drunk, take pictures of the authorities arresting them.
You should also trade insurance information with the other driver. If there were eyewitnesses, collect their contact information so your Platte City, MO auto accident lawyer can take official depositions from them. It is also a good idea to write down all that comes to mind about the accident, as your memory will be freshest in the immediate aftermath, and you may forget seemingly insignificant details that later turn out to be critical.
- Get medical treatment. It is a good idea to go to an urgent care facility in the Platte City, MO area after a car accident, even if you do not think your injuries are severe. With some injuries, adrenaline can often mask pain and you may not experience symptoms immediately after a crash.
- Contact Burger Law. When you are seriously hurt in an auto accident, it is necessary to find a knowledgeable attorney who can assist in navigating the twists and turns of your case. An experienced, professional lawyer who pushes back against bullies like resistant insurance companies is frequently the lone way you can truly receive maximum compensation for your damages. Our attorneys have more than 70 years of combined experience standing up for the injured in Platte City, MO. We know car accident claims and will be able to calculate precisely how much you are owed. Talking to us about your claim is free, so do not take a settlement offer prior to asking an auto accident attorney if it is actually adequate. We are also knowledgeable trial lawyers, so if we cannot negotiate a fair financial recovery, we will take the fight in front of a judge and jury.
What Should I Look For When Selecting an Auto Accident Lawyer in Platte City, MO?
When it comes to picking an auto accident lawyer in Platte City, MO, it is important to do your homework and locate the ideal attorney for the finer points of your case. The following are some key aspects to consider:
- Experience: A knowledgeable auto accident lawyer will know the ins and outs of the legal system and be able to help you fight against bullying insurance companies. Burger Law has over three decades of experience in the Platte City, MO area, and throughout Missouri, standing up to prosecutors and insurance companies on behalf of our clients.
- Specialization: Different lawyers are accomplished in different areas of the law, and it is important to find one who specializes in auto accident cases. The Burger Law Platte City, MO auto accident lawyers are not only well versed in car crash cases, we dedicate our careers to handling cases like yours and doing whatever it takes to get you full compensation for your lost wages, medical bills, various out-of-pocket expenses and the pain and suffering you have incurred because of your injuries.
- Reputation: It is also important to look for a lawyer who is known in the community and who has a good reputation. Ask around for recommendations and read online reviews, and you will notice Burger Law’s stellar track record throughout the Platte City, MO area.
- Communication: It is vital to locate a lawyer in Platte City, MO who is willing to answer your questions and is easy to talk to. Gary Burger has literally written the book on the absolutely essential questions to ask before you select an attorney. Our attorneys always ensure you are in the know on what is transpiring in your case. We also deal with all negotiation, documentation and litigation, also keeping you in the know throughout these procedures. Give us a call today at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online.
Reach Out To a Burger Law Platte City, MO Auto Accident Attorney
Whether it is some other Platte City, MO auto accident attorney or an offer from an insurance company, do not settle for less than you deserve. Burger Law has experienced, aggressive and unwavering auto accident lawyers ready to stand in your corner and fight for your rights throughout the life of your claim.
Give our Platte City, MO auto accident lawyer team a call now at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online. We do not collect any fees until we win your case. Get legal representation in Platte City, MO when you need it, and pay when you get paid.