Auto Accident Lawyer Pleasant Hill, MO
Auto Accident Lawyer Pleasant Hill, MO. When you or a loved one are seriously injured in an auto accident, Burger Law is the law firm to contact in the Pleasant Hill, MO area. Speak to an experienced Pleasant Hill, MO auto accident lawyer immediately at (314) 500-HURT or reach out to us online.
If you were seriously injured in a car crash, find out how much your claim may be worth in Pleasant Hill, MO, with our free personal injury calculator.
The Burger Law attorneys fight for your rights and demands a complete recovery in your Pleasant Hill, MO auto accident claim. Our lawyers have successfully recovered over $200 million in settlement and trial results for our clients in Pleasant Hill, MO and throughout Missouri, including a multi-year legal battle resulting in a trial verdict of $113 million. The team will stop nothing short of the best possible recovery for you and your family.
Burger Law’s Successful Missouri Auto Accident Claims
At Burger Law, we believe that results matter. Our Pleasant Hill, MO clients want to know that we are giving 100 percent to a case and win the best possible settlement on their behalf. Below are some recent examples of auto accident settlements we have won for clients:
- $300k Utility Terrain Vehicle Settlement
- On-Ramp Accident Leads to $327,000 Settlement
- $90,000 Settlement after Car Accident
- Head on Collision
- Rear End Accident Leads to $35,000 recovery
Injured in an Auto Accident? Contact a Pleasant Hill, MO Auto Accident Lawyer
Following a car crash in Pleasant Hill, MO, you should be focused on getting your injuries treated. You should not have to be concerned with fighting your insurance company for the medical care you need, or wondering whether you are going to receive the financial compensation for the recovery you need for the car accident, or even court dates and legal jargon. The Burger Law Pleasant Hill, MO auto accident lawyers can center all their efforts on all of the above.
Our lawyers are ready to fight for your rights, making sure that you receive complete compensation for the recovery you need and get back to a normal life. Call one of our Pleasant Hill, MO auto accident lawyers right away at (314) 500-HURT or fill out our online contact form. They are able to confidentially talk about the specifics of your case for free with no obligation.
What Are the Most Common Causes of Auto Accidents in Pleasant Hill, MO?
Although there are some possible hazardous conditions and events outside of our purview that can contribute to crashes, the majority of auto accidents are caused by driver error. Auto accidents happen in what often feels like a blink of an eye. Research by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) estimates that human operators are responsible for 94 percent of crashes that take place.
Some of the common causes of Pleasant Hill, MO auto accidents include:
- Distracted Driving
- Texting and Driving
- Drunk Driving
- Hit and Run
- Construction Zones
- Failing to Yield
- Rain or Bad Weather
- Reckless Driving, including:
- Cutting another car off
- Weaving in and out of traffic
- Running red lights
- Blocking a car or changing speed to prevent another car from changing lanes, passing, etc.
- Refusing to use turn signals
- Forcing a car off the road
- Using high beams to interfere with another driver’s ability to see
What Is the Average Car Accident Settlement Amount in the Pleasant Hill, MO Area?
Auto accidents are expensive. According to the Insurance Information Institute, property damage, injuries and deaths in motor vehicle accidents cost $474 billion in 2020. The NHTSA, estimates that motor vehicle accidents cost society $7,300 per second in loss of productivity.
It can be difficult to pinpoint a precise amount as the specifics of each case vary and many settlement amounts are confidential, in terms of the average car accident settlement in Pleasant Hill, MO, or anywhere for that matter. But, generally speaking, the majority of auto crash settlements come in between $15,000 and $20,000. Injuries needing more comprehensive medical care often reach $50,000 to $100,000, while injuries causing permanent disability or, in the worst cases, wrongful death, can bring about damages of hundreds of thousands of dollars, if not millions.
In addition, we have extensive experience winning the following cases for our Pleasant Hill, MO clients:
How Long Do I Have to File a Car Accident Claim in Pleasant Hill, MO?
The state of Missouri's statute of limitations dictates how long you have after the date of your injuries from a Pleasant Hill, MO auto accident to file your claim.
- Generally speaking, according to Missouri Revised Statute §516.120, you have five years from the date of your injury to file your auto accident injury claim in Pleasant Hill, MO or elsewhere in Missouri.
- If you were mentally incapacitated at the time of the injury or under the age of 21 at the time, Missouri Revised Statute §516.170 states that you have 5 years after the date you turn 21 or that your "legal disability" ends.
- If you are harmed by someone who was a resident of the state when the injury happened, but later left the state before you filed a lawsuit, Missouri Revised Statute §516.200 stipulates that the time the defendant is out of the state does not apply toward the 5 years.
If you have been injured in an auto accident in Pleasant Hill, MO, the clock is already ticking for when you can make your claim. Do not hesitate, call the auto accident law firm of Burger Law now at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online to get justice and complete compensation for your injuries. We begin working on your Pleasant Hill, MO case immediately and do not stop until we win your case.
What Are the Factors That Determine an Auto Accident Settlement in Pleasant Hill, MO?
As the meaning of a car accident settlement is to reasonable compensate you for your damages, the severity of those injuries is the driving element in how much your settlement might be. Other aspects include the insurance policy in question, how your injuries have impacted your life, if you are to blame in any degree for your accident and the abilities of your Pleasant Hill, MO car crash attorney:
- The severity of your injuries — As more severe injuries lead to more time lost from work in Pleasant Hill, MO and larger medical expenses, they generate bigger settlements, particularly when adding in the pain and suffering multiplier.
- How your injuries have impacted your life — The greater the effect on your mental, emotional and physical well-being, the more the noneconomic damages will be.
- The insurance policy — Missouri has a minimum insurance requirement of $25,000 for bodily injury, and while a skilled Pleasant Hill, MO auto accident lawyer may have the skills to get you more, there are instances when the compensation is dependant upon the negligent driver's and/or your insurance policy limits.
- If you are partially responsible — With comparative negligence policies like Missouri law observes, you can still get a financial recovery if you were partially responsible for the accident; however, the amount of compensation will be less. As an example, if you are awarded $100,000 in damages but it is found that you are 30 percent to blame for your accident, you would get $70,000. In Missouri, you can still receive compensation if you were 99 percent at fault.
- Your car accident lawyer — You need an aggressive and skilled Pleasant Hill, MO attorney to combat the insurance company's tricks. Your auto accident lawyer will also need to look into your accident, prove liability on the part of the other driver and have a network of medical and economic professionals in the Pleasant Hill, MO area and throughout MO to accurately value your claim. If the insurance company will not proffer a fair settlement in negotiation, you will need an experienced trial lawyer with courtroom savvy that will argue your case in front of a jury.
What Tricks Do Insurance Companies Use To Avoid Paying Claims?
When you have a personal injury claim, be aware of the tricks insurance c …
Is It Worth It to Get a Lawyer for a Car Accident?
Is It Worth It to Get a Lawyer for a Car Accident? If you've been injured …
When Should I Hire an Attorney After a Car Accident?
When Should I Hire an Attorney After a Car Accident? If you were injured …
What Do I Do After an Auto Accident in Pleasant Hill, MO?
Auto accidents are not a pleasant experience, and they are frequently frightening and startling. However, it is important to keep a level head in the aftermath of an accident. According to the Burger Law Pleasant Hill, MO auto accident lawyers, you should follow these steps to ensure everyone’s well-being and to get the finest results from your claim in Pleasant Hill, MO:
- Check to see if you or anyone else is injured. The most important thing in a Pleasant Hill, MO car crash is everybody's safety and well-being. Assess the scene to see if anyone is injured and how significant their injuries are. If there are severe injuries to you or anyone else, call 911 immediately. If you are able and it is safe to do so, render first aid to anyone who needs it.
- Get to safety. If anyone is severely injured, do not move them until emergency medical personnel get there, and alert other motor vehicles of the crash. If you cannot move your vehicle, turn on the emergency lights and exit to get to the side of the road when it is safe. Otherwise, get your vehicle to the side of the road and away from oncoming traffic so no one ends up in a multi-car accident.
- Call the police. If you have not already called 911, call the Pleasant Hill, MO or county police. Missouri Revised Statute §303.040 demands Missouri motorists to report any motor vehicle accident that results in death, personal injury, or over $500 in property damage. If you are uncertain as to the extent of the damage or how bad your injuries are, call the police and err on the side of caution. Police in Pleasant Hill, MO are trained to provide an official account of what happened in accidents, and their report will go a long way in proving your claim and holding the other party accountable. It is also the law.
- Document the accident scene and collect evidence. Take photos of all vehicles involved, any injuries you sustained and other parts of the scene, like the roadway around the accident. The lack of tire marks may help prove that the other driver was distracted and is responsible for the car crash. If the other driver was drunk, take pictures of law enforcement arresting them.
You should also trade insurance information with the other driver. If there were eyewitnesses, get their contact information so your Pleasant Hill, MO car accident lawyer will be able to take official depositions from them. It is also a good idea to write down all that comes to mind about the accident, as your memory will be freshest in the immediate aftermath, and you may forget seemingly insignificant details that later turn out to be critical.
- Get medical treatment. Even if you do not believe your injuries are severe, it is a good idea to go to an urgent care facility in the Pleasant Hill, MO area after a car accident. Occassionally, with some injuries, you may not experience symptoms right away, and adrenaline can frequently disguise pain after a crash.
- Contact Burger Law. When you are seriously hurt in a car crash, it is necessary to find an informed attorney who can assist in navigating the complexities of your case. An experienced attorney who fights back against resistant insurance companies is often the lone way you can really get maximum compensation for your damages. Our attorneys have over 70 years of combined experience standing up for the injured in Pleasant Hill, MO. We know car accident claims and will be able to figure out precisely how much you are owed. Talking to us about your claim is free, so do not approve a settlement offer before asking an auto accident lawyer if it is really fair. Additionally, we are experienced trial attorneys, so if we cannot negotiate a fair financial recovery, we will take the fight to a judge and jury.
What Should I Look For When Choosing an Auto Accident Lawyer in Pleasant Hill, MO?
When it comes to picking an auto accident lawyer in Pleasant Hill, MO, it is important to do your research and locate the ideal attorney for the particulars of your case. Here are some key aspects to consider:
- Experience: A knowledgeable auto accident lawyer knows the ins and outs of the legal system and be able to help you fight against bullying insurance companies. Burger Law has over three decades of experience in the Pleasant Hill, MO area, and throughout Missouri, standing up to insurance companies and prosecutors on behalf of our clients.
- Specialization: Different lawyers are accomplished in different areas of the law, and it is important to find one who specializes in car crash cases. The Burger Law Pleasant Hill, MO auto accident lawyers not only specialize in car crash cases, we dedicate our careers to handling cases like yours and doing whatever it takes to get you full compensation for your medical bills, lost wages, other out-of-pocket expenses and the pain and suffering you have incurred because of your injuries.
- Reputation: It is also important to search for a lawyer who is known in the community and who has a good reputation. Ask around for recommendations and check online reviews, and you will notice Burger Law’s stellar track record throughout the Pleasant Hill, MO area.
- Communication: It is vital to locate an attorney in Pleasant Hill, MO who is willing to answer your questions and is easy to talk to. Gary Burger has literally written the book on absolutely essential questions to ask before you pick an attorney. Our team always make sure you updated on what is transpiring in your case. Additionally, we handle all negotiation, documentation and litigation, also keeping you aware throughout these procedures. Call us today at (314) 500-HURT or complete our online form.
Reach Out To a Burger Law Pleasant Hill, MO Auto Accident Lawyer
No matter if it is some other Pleasant Hill, MO auto accident attorney or an offer from an insurance company, do not settle for less than you deserve. Burger Law has experienced, aggressive and unwavering auto accident attorneys ready to stand in your corner and fight for your rights throughout your claim.
Call our Pleasant Hill, MO auto accident lawyers now at (314) 500-HURT or reach out to us online. We do not collect any fees until we win your case. Get legal representation in Pleasant Hill, MO when you need it, and pay when you get paid.