Auto Accident Lawyer Poplar Bluff, MO
Auto Accident Lawyer Poplar Bluff, MO. When you or a loved one are seriously injured in an auto accident, Burger Law is the law firm to contact in the Poplar Bluff, MO area. Talk with an experienced Poplar Bluff, MO auto accident lawyer right now at (314) 500-HURT or reach out to us online.
If you were injured in an auto accident, see how much your claim might be worth in Poplar Bluff, MO, with our free personal injury calculator.
The Burger Law lawyers fight for your rights and demands a full recovery in your Poplar Bluff, MO auto accident claim. Our legal team has successfully recovered over $200 million in settlement and trial results for our clients in Poplar Bluff, MO and throughout Missouri, including a multi-year legal battle resulting in a trial verdict of $113 million. The team will stop nothing short of the best possible recovery for you and your family.
Burger Law’s Successful Missouri Auto Accident Claims
At Burger Law, we believe that results matter. Our Poplar Bluff, MO clients want to know that we are providing our entire attention to a case and win the best possible settlement on their behalf. The following are some recent examples of auto accident settlements we have won for clients:
- $300k Utility Terrain Vehicle Settlement
- On-Ramp Accident Leads to $327,000 Settlement
- $90,000 Settlement after Car Accident
- Head on Collision
- Rear End Accident Leads to $35,000 recovery
Injured in an Auto Accident? Contact a Poplar Bluff, MO Auto Accident Lawyer
Following a car crash in Poplar Bluff, MO, you should be focused on getting your injuries treated. You should not have to worry about fighting your insurance company for the medical care you need, or wondering whether you are going to get the financial recovery you need for the car accident, or even legal jargon and court dates. The Burger Law Poplar Bluff, MO auto accident lawyers can center all their efforts on the above facets.
Our lawyers are prepared to fight for your rights, ensure that you receive complete compensation for the recovery you need and return to a normal life. Call one of our Poplar Bluff, MO auto accident lawyers right now at (314) 500-HURT or fill out our online contact form. They are able to confidentially talk about your case for free with no obligation.
What Are the Most Common Causes of Auto Accidents in Poplar Bluff, MO?
Although there are some possible hazardous events and conditions outside of our purview that can contribute to crashes, the majority of car crashes are caused by driver error. Auto accidents happen in what often feels like a blink of an eye. Research by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) estimates that human operators are responsible for 94 percent of accidents that take place.
Some of the most common causes of Poplar Bluff, MO car crashes are:
- Distracted Driving
- Texting and Driving
- Drunk Driving
- Hit and Run
- Construction Zones
- Failing to Yield
- Rain or Bad Weather
- Reckless Driving, including:
- Cutting another car off
- Weaving in and out of traffic
- Running red lights
- Blocking a car or changing speed to prevent another car from changing lanes, passing, etc.
- Refusing to use turn signals
- Forcing a car off the road
- Using high beams to interfere with another driver’s ability to see
What Is the Average Car Accident Settlement Amount in the Poplar Bluff, MO Area?
Auto accidents are expensive. According to research from the Insurance Information Institute, deaths, injuries and property damage in motor vehicle accidents cost $474 billion in 2020. The NHTSA, estimates that motor vehicle accidents cost society $7,300 per second in productivity lost.
In terms of the cost of paying out the average car accident settlement in Poplar Bluff, MO, or anywhere for that matter, it can be difficult to pinpoint an exact figure as the specifics of each case vary and many settlement amounts are confidential. But, generally speaking, most of car crash settlements come in between $15,000 and $20,000. Injuries requiring more comprehensive medical care often reach $50,000 to $100,000, while injuries resulting in permanent disability or, in the worst cases, wrongful death, can result in damages of hundreds of thousands of dollars, if not millions.
In addition, we have extensive experience winning the following cases for our Poplar Bluff, MO clients:
How Long Do I Have to File a Car Accident Claim in Poplar Bluff, MO?
The state of Missouri's statute of limitations dictates how long you have after the date of your injuries from a Poplar Bluff, MO auto accident to file your claim.
- In general terms, according to Missouri Revised Statute §516.120, you have five years from the date of your injury to file your personal injury claim in Poplar Bluff, MO or elsewhere in Missouri.
- If you were mentally incapacitated at the time of the injury or under the age of 21 at the time, Missouri Revised Statute §516.170 states that you have 5 years after the date you turn 21 or that your "legal disability" ends.
- If you are harmed by someone who was a resident of the state when the injury happened, but left the state at a later date before you filed a lawsuit, Missouri Revised Statute §516.200 says that the time the defendant is out of Missouri does not apply toward the 5 years.
The clock is already ticking for when you can make your claim, if you have been hurt in a Poplar Bluff, MO auto accident. Do not wait, call the auto accident law firm of Burger Law today at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online to get justice and maximum compensation for your injuries. We begin working on your Poplar Bluff, MO claim immediately and do not rest until we win.
What Are the Factors That Determine an Auto Accident Settlement in Poplar Bluff, MO?
As the purpose of an auto crash settlement is to fairly compensate you for your injuries, the seriousness of those injuries is the compelling element in how much your settlement might be. Other facets include the insurance policy in question, how your injuries have impacted your life, if you are to blame in any degree for your accident and the abilities of your Poplar Bluff, MO car crash lawyer:
- The severity of your injuries — As more serious injuries lead to more time lost from work in Poplar Bluff, MO and larger medical expenses, they generate bigger settlements, especially when adding in the pain and suffering multiplier.
- How your injuries have impacted your life — The greater the effect on your mental, emotional and physical well-being, the higher the noneconomic damages will be.
- The insurance policy — Missouri has a minimum insurance requirement of $25,000 for bodily injury, and while a skilled Poplar Bluff, MO car crash lawyer may have the skills to get you more, there are times when you will be limited by the negligent driver's and/or your insurance policy limits.
- If you are partially responsible — With comparative negligence policies like Missouri law observes, you can still receive financial compensation if you were partially to blame; however, the amount of compensation will be less. For example, if you are awarded $100,000 in damages but it is found that you are responsible for 30 percent of the blame for your crash, you would receive $70,000. Even if you were 99 percent at fault, you can still receive compensation in Missouri.
- Your car accident lawyer — You need a skilled and aggressive Poplar Bluff, MO lawyer to combat the insurance company and its tactics. Your auto accident lawyer will also need to investigate your accident, prove liability on the part of the other driver and have a network of medical and economic professionals in the Poplar Bluff, MO area and throughout MO to precisely calculate your claim. If the insurance company refuses to extend a fair settlement in negotiation, you will need a knowledgeable trial lawyer with courtroom savvy that will argue your case in front of a jury.
What Tricks Do Insurance Companies Use To Avoid Paying Claims?
When you have a personal injury claim, be aware of the tricks insurance c …
Is It Worth It to Get a Lawyer for a Car Accident?
Is It Worth It to Get a Lawyer for a Car Accident? If you've been injured …
When Should I Hire an Attorney After a Car Accident?
When Should I Hire an Attorney After a Car Accident? If you were injured …
What Do I Do After an Auto Accident in Poplar Bluff, MO?
Auto accidents are not a pleasant experience, and they are frequently startling and frightening. Yet, it is crucial to keep a level head following an accident. According to the Burger Law Poplar Bluff, MO auto accident lawyers, you should follow these steps to ensure everyone’s well-being and to receive the premier results from your claim in Poplar Bluff, MO:
- Check to see if you or anyone else is injured. The most vital thing in a Poplar Bluff, MO auto accident is everybody's safety and well-being. Assess the scene to see if anyone is injured and how significant their injuries are. If you or anyone is severely injured, call 911 immediately. If you are able and it is safe to do so, render aid to anyone who needs it.
- Get to safety. If anyone is severely injured, do not move them until emergency medical technicians arrive, and alert other vehicles of the crash. If you are unable to move your vehicle, turn on the emergency lights and exit to get to the side of the road when it is safe. Otherwise, move your vehicle to the side of the road and out of the way of oncoming traffic to avoid a multi-car accident.
- Call the police. Call the Poplar Bluff, MO or county police if you have not already dialed 911. Missouri Revised Statute §303.040 requires Missouri drivers to report any motor vehicle accident that results in death, personal injury, or over $500 in property damage. If you are unsure as to the extent of the damage or how severe your injuries are, call the police and err on the side of caution. Police in Poplar Bluff, MO are trained to provide an official, accurate account of what happened in accidents, and their report will go a long way in proving your claim and holding the other party accountable. It is also the law.
- Collect evidence and document the accident scene. Take photos of all vehicles involved, any injuries you sustained and other parts of the scene, like the roadway around the accident. A lack of tire marks may be sufficient to prove that the other driver was distracted and is responsible for the auto accident. If the other driver was drunk, take pictures of the police arresting them.
You should additionally swap insurance information with the other driver. If there were eyewitnesses, collect their contact information so that your Poplar Bluff, MO car accident attorney can take official depositions from them. As your memory will be freshest in the immediate aftermath, it is also a good idea to write down everything you remember about the crash as you may forget seemingly insignificant details that later turn out to be critical.
- Get medical treatment. Even if you do not believe your injuries are severe, it is a good idea to go to an urgent care facility in the Poplar Bluff, MO area after a car accident. Occassionally, with some injuries, adrenaline can often disguise pain and you may not experience symptoms right away after a crash.
- Reach out to Burger Law. When you are seriously injured in a car accident, it is beneficial to find a knowledgeable attorney who can assist in navigating the complexities of your case. An experienced, professional lawyer who pushes back against resistant insurance companies is often the lone way you can truly receive maximum compensation for your injuries. We have more than 70 years of combined experience standing up for the injured in Poplar Bluff, MO. We know car accident claims and will be able to calculate precisely how much you are owed. Talking to us about your claim is free, so do not accept a settlement offer prior to asking an auto accident lawyer if it is really fair. Additionally, we are experienced trial lawyers, so if we cannot secure a fair financial recovery in negotiations, we will move the fight to a jury and a judge.
What Should I Look For When Choosing an Auto Accident Lawyer in Poplar Bluff, MO?
When it comes to choosing an auto accident lawyer in Poplar Bluff, MO, it is integral to do your research and locate the right attorney for the specifics of your case. Here are some key aspects to consider:
- Experience: An experienced auto accident lawyer knows the ins and outs of the legal system and be able to help you fight against bullying insurance companies. Burger Law has over three decades of experience in the Poplar Bluff, MO area, and throughout Missouri, standing up to insurance companies and prosecutors on behalf of our clients.
- Specialization: Different lawyers specialize in different aspects of the law, and it is critical to locate one who specializes in car crash cases. The Burger Law Poplar Bluff, MO auto accident lawyers are not only well versed in car crash cases, we dedicate our careers to handling cases like yours and doing whatever it takes to get you full compensation for your lost wages, medical bills, other out-of-pocket expenses and the pain and suffering you have sustained because of your injuries.
- Reputation: It is also important to look for a lawyer who has a good reputation and is known in the community. Ask around for recommendations and check online reviews, and you will notice Burger Law’s distinguished track record throughout the Poplar Bluff, MO area.
- Communication: It is important to locate an attorney in Poplar Bluff, MO who is willing to answer your questions and is easy to talk to. Gary Burger has literally written the book on the absolutely essential questions to ask before you pick a lawyer. We always ensure you know what is transpiring in your case. Additionally, we deal with all documentation, negotiation and litigation, also keeping you in the know throughout these processes. Give us a call as soon as possible at (314) 500-HURT or complete our online form.
Reach Out To a Burger Law Poplar Bluff, MO Auto Accident Attorney
No matter if it is some other auto accident lawyer near Poplar Bluff, MO or an offer from an insurance company, do not settle for less than you deserve. Burger Law has experienced, aggressive and unwavering auto accident attorneys ready to stand in your corner and fight for your rights throughout your claim.
Call our Poplar Bluff, MO auto accident lawyer team now at (314) 500-HURT or reach out to us online. We do not collect any fees until we win your case. Get legal representation in Poplar Bluff, MO when you need it, and pay when you get paid.