Auto Accident Lawyer Quincy, MO
Auto Accident Lawyer Quincy, MO. If you or a loved one are seriously injured in an auto accident, Burger Law is the law firm to turn to in the Quincy, MO area. Speak to a knowledgeable Quincy, MO auto accident lawyer right now at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online.
If you were injured in an auto accident, find out how much your claim may be worth in Quincy, MO, with our complimentary personal injury calculator.
The Burger Law legal team fights for your rights and demands a complete recovery in your Quincy, MO car crash claim. Our legal team has successfully recovered over $200 million in settlement and trial results for our clients in Quincy, MO and throughout Missouri, including a multi-year legal battle resulting in a trial verdict of $113 million. They will stop nothing short of the best possible recovery for you and your family.
Burger Law’s Successful Missouri Auto Accident Claims
At Burger Law, we believe that results matter. Our Quincy, MO clients want to know that we are giving 100 percent to a case and win the best possible settlement on their behalf. The following are some recent examples of auto accident settlements we have won for clients:
- $300k Utility Terrain Vehicle Settlement
- On-Ramp Accident Leads to $327,000 Settlement
- $90,000 Settlement after Car Accident
- Head on Collision
- Rear End Accident Leads to $35,000 recovery
Injured in an Auto Accident? Contact a Quincy, MO Auto Accident Lawyer
Following a car crash in Quincy, MO, you should be able to concentrate on getting your injuries treated. You should not have to be concerned with fighting your insurance company for the medical care you need, or wondering whether you are going to receive the financial recovery you need and deserve for the car accident, or even court dates and legal jargon. The Burger Law Quincy, MO auto accident lawyers can focus all their efforts on the above facets.
Our lawyers are ready to fight for your rights, ensure that you get complete compensation for the recovery you need and get back to a normal life. Give one of our Quincy, MO auto accident lawyers a call right now at (314) 500-HURT or fill out our online contact form. They are able to confidentially discuss the specifics of your case for free with no obligation.
What Are the Most Common Causes of Auto Accidents in Quincy, MO?
Although there are several possible hazardous events and conditions outside of our control that can contribute to crashes, the majority of auto accidents are caused by driver error. Auto accidents happen in what often feels like a blink of an eye. Research by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) estimates that human operators are responsible for 94 percent of crashes that occur.
Some of the common causes of Quincy, MO car crashes include:
- Distracted Driving
- Texting and Driving
- Drunk Driving
- Hit and Run
- Construction Zones
- Failing to Yield
- Rain or Bad Weather
- Reckless Driving, including:
- Cutting another car off
- Weaving in and out of traffic
- Running red lights
- Blocking a car or changing speed to prevent another car from changing lanes, passing, etc.
- Refusing to use turn signals
- Forcing a car off the road
- Using high beams to interfere with another driver’s ability to see
What Is the Average Car Accident Settlement Amount in the Quincy, MO Area?
Auto accidents are expensive. According to research from the Insurance Information Institute, property damage, injuries and deaths in motor vehicle accidents cost $474 billion in 2020. The NHTSA, approximates that auto accidents cost society $7,300 per second in productivity lost.
It can be difficult to pinpoint an exact figure as the specifics of each case vary and many settlement amounts are confidential, in terms of the average car accident settlement in Quincy, MO, or anywhere for that matter. But, generally speaking, the majority of auto crash settlements come in between $15,000 and $20,000. Injuries calling for more comprehensive medical care frequently reach $50,000 to $100,000, while injuries causing permanent disability or, in the worst cases, wrongful death, can result in damages of hundreds of thousands of dollars, if not millions.
In addition, we have extensive experience winning the following cases for our Quincy, MO clients:
How Long Do I Have to File a Car Accident Claim in Quincy, MO?
Once you are injured in a Quincy, MO auto accident, the state of Missouri's statute of limitations dictates how long you have after the date of the accident to file your claim.
- In general, according to Missouri Revised Statute §516.120, you have 5 years from the date of your injury to file your personal injury claim in Quincy, MO or elsewhere in Missouri.
- If you were under the age of 21 at the time of the injury, or were mentally incapacitated at the time, Missouri Revised Statute §516.170 stipulates that you have 5 years after the date you turn 21 or that your "legal disability" ends.
- If you are hurt by someone who was a resident of Missouri when the injury occurred, but later left the state before you filed a lawsuit, Missouri Revised Statute §516.200 stipulates that the time the defendant is out of the state does not apply toward the five years.
The clock is already ticking for when you can make your claim, if you have been hurt in a Quincy, MO auto accident. Do not prolong this, call the auto accident law firm of Burger Law as soon as possible at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online to get justice and maximum compensation for your injuries. We begin working on your Quincy, MO case immediately and do not rest until we win your case.
What Are the Factors That Determine an Auto Accident Settlement in Quincy, MO?
As the purpose of an auto accident settlement is to reasonable compensate you for your injuries, the seriousness of those injuries is the compelling factor in how much your settlement could be. Other facets include the insurance policy in question, how your injuries have impacted your life, if you bear any responsibility for your accident and the capabilities of your Quincy, MO car crash lawyer:
- The seriousness of your injuries — As more serious injuries lead to more time lost from work in Quincy, MO and larger medical expenses, they give rise to higher settlements, especially when including the pain and suffering multiplier.
- How your injuries have impacted your life — The greater the effect on your physical, emotional and mental well-being, the higher the noneconomic damages will be.
- The insurance policy — Missouri has a minimum insurance requirement of $25,000 for bodily injury, and while a skilled Quincy, MO auto accident lawyer may be able to get you more, there are instances when you will be limited by the negligent driver's and/or your insurance policy limits.
- If you are partially to blame — With comparative negligence policies like Missouri law observes, you can still be awarded financial compensation if you were partially to blame; however, the total amount will be less. As an example, if you are awarded $100,000 in damages but it is decided that you are 30 percent to blame for your accident, you would receive $70,000. Even if you were 99 percent at fault, you can still receive compensation in Missouri.
- Your car accident lawyer — You need a skilled and aggressive Quincy, MO attorney to combat the insurance company and its tactics. Your auto accident lawyer will also need to look into your crash, prove liability on the part of the other driver and have a network of medical and economic experts in the Quincy, MO area and throughout MO to precisely value your claim. If the insurance company will not extend a fair settlement in negotiation, you will need an experienced trial attorney with courtroom savvy that will stand by your side and argue your case in front of a jury.
What Tricks Do Insurance Companies Use To Avoid Paying Claims?
When you have a personal injury claim, be aware of the tricks insurance c …
Is It Worth It to Get a Lawyer for a Car Accident?
Is It Worth It to Get a Lawyer for a Car Accident? If you've been injured …
When Should I Hire an Attorney After a Car Accident?
When Should I Hire an Attorney After a Car Accident? If you were injured …
What Do I Do After an Auto Accident in Quincy, MO?
Auto accidents are not a pleasant experience, and they are frequently startling and frightening. Yet, it is crucial to stay calm following an accident. You should follow these steps to ensure everyone’s safety and to get the finest results from your claim in Quincy, MO:
- Check to see whether you or anyone else is injured. The most vital thing in a Quincy, MO car crash is everybody's safety and well-being. Assess the scene to see if anyone is injured and how significant their injuries are. If you or anyone is seriously injured, call 911 immediately. If you can and it is safe to do so, render aid to anyone who needs it.
- Get to safety. If anyone is severely injured, do not move them until emergency medical technicians get there, and alert other vehicles of the crash. If you are unable to move your vehicle, turn on the emergency lights and exit to get to the side of the road when it is safe. Otherwise, move your vehicle to the side of the road and out of the way of oncoming traffic to avoid a multi-car accident.
- Phone the police. Call the Quincy, MO or county police if you have not already dialed 911. Missouri Revised Statute §303.040 requires Missouri drivers to report any motor vehicle crash that ends in death, personal injury, or over $500 in property damage. If you are uncertain as to the extent of the damage or how severe your injuries are, call the police and err on the side of caution. Police in Quincy, MO are trained to offer an official, accurate account of what happened in accidents, and their report will go a long way in proving your claim and holding the other party accountable. It is also the law.
- Document the accident scene and collect evidence. Take photos of all vehicles involved, any injuries you sustained and other parts of the scene, like the road surrounding the accident. A lack of tire marks may help prove that the other driver was distracted and is responsible for the auto accident. If the other driver was drunk, take pictures of law enforcement arresting them.
You should also trade insurance information with the other driver. If there were bystanders who could be eyewitnesses, get their contact information so that your Quincy, MO auto accident attorney will be able to take official depositions from them. It is also a good idea to write down everything you remember about the accident, as your memory will be freshest in the immediate aftermath, and you may forget seemingly insignificant details that later turn out to be crucial.
- Get medical treatment. Even if you do not think your injuries are severe, it is a good idea to go to an urgent care facility in the Quincy, MO area after a car accident. With some injuries, adrenaline can often disguise pain and you may not experience symptoms immediately after an accident.
- Reach out to Burger Law. When you are seriously hurt in an auto accident, it is beneficial to find a knowledgeable lawyer who can assist in navigating the twists and turns of your case. An experienced lawyer who pushes back against resistant insurance companies is frequently the lone way you can truly receive maximum compensation for your injuries. Our lawyers have more than 70 years of combined experience standing up for the injured in Quincy, MO. We will be able to calculate precisely how much you are owed because we know car accident claims. Talking to us about your claim is free, so it is important to never approve a settlement offer prior to asking an auto accident attorney if it is actually adequate. We are also experienced trial lawyers, so if we cannot secure a fair financial recovery in negotiations, we will move the fight in front of a jury and a judge.
What Should I Look For When Choosing an Auto Accident Lawyer in Quincy, MO?
When it comes to selecting an auto accident lawyer in Quincy, MO, it is integral to do your research and locate the ideal lawyer for the finer points of your case. The following are some key aspects to ponder:
- Experience: A knowledgeable auto accident lawyer knows the intricacies of the legal system and be able to help you fight against bullying insurance companies. Burger Law has nearly 30 years of experience in the Quincy, MO area, and throughout Missouri, standing up to prosecutors and insurance companies on behalf of our clients.
- Specialization: Different attorneys are accomplished in different aspects of the law, and it is critical to locate one who specializes in car crash cases. The Burger Law Quincy, MO auto accident lawyers not only specialize in car crash cases, we dedicate our careers to handling cases like yours and doing whatever it takes to get you full compensation for your medical bills, lost wages, other out-of-pocket expenses and the pain and suffering you have sustained because of your injuries.
- Reputation: It is also essential to search for an attorney who is known in the community and who has a solid reputation. Ask around for recommendations and read online reviews, and you will see Burger Law’s stellar track record throughout the Quincy, MO area.
- Communication: It is important to find an attorney in Quincy, MO who is easy to talk to and is willing to answer your questions. Gary Burger has literally written the book on absolutely essential questions to ask before you select a lawyer. Our team always ensure you know what is going on with your case. We also deal with all negotiation, documentation and litigation, also keeping you aware throughout these processes. Give us a call as soon as possible at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online.
Contact a Burger Law Quincy, MO Auto Accident Lawyer
Whether it is some other auto accident lawyer near Quincy, MO or an offer from an insurance company, do not settle for less than you deserve. Burger Law has knowledgeable, aggressive and unwavering auto accident attorneys ready and willing to stand in your corner and fight for your rights throughout your claim.
Give our Quincy, MO auto accident lawyers a call today at (314) 500-HURT or reach out to us online. We do not collect any fees until we win your case. Get legal representation in Quincy, MO when you need it, and pay when you get paid.