Auto Accident Lawyer Randolph County, MO
Auto Accident Lawyer Randolph County, MO. If you or a loved one are seriously injured in an auto accident, Burger Law is the law firm to call in the Randolph County, MO area. Talk with an experienced Randolph County, MO auto accident lawyer immediately at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online.
If you were seriously injured in an auto accident, find out how much your claim might be worth in Randolph County, MO, with our free personal injury calculator.
The Burger Law lawyers fight for your rights and demands a full recovery in your Randolph County, MO car crash claim. Our lawyers have successfully recovered over $200 million in settlement and trial results for our clients in Randolph County, MO and throughout Missouri, including a multi-year legal battle resulting in a trial verdict of $113 million. The team will stop nothing short of the best possible recovery for you.
Burger Law’s Successful Missouri Auto Accident Claims
At Burger Law, we believe that results matter. Our Randolph County, MO clients want to know that we are providing our complete attention to a case and win the best possible settlement on their behalf. The following are some recent examples of auto accident settlements we have won for clients:
- $300k Utility Terrain Vehicle Settlement
- On-Ramp Accident Leads to $327,000 Settlement
- $90,000 Settlement after Car Accident
- Head on Collision
- Rear End Accident Leads to $35,000 recovery
Injured in an Auto Accident? Contact a Randolph County, MO Auto Accident Lawyer
After an auto accident in Randolph County, MO, you should be able to concentrate on getting treatment for your injuries. You should not have to worry about battling your insurance company for the medical care you need, or worrying about whether you are going to receive the financial compensation for the recovery you need and deserve for the car accident, or even court dates and legal jargon. The Burger Law Randolph County, MO auto accident lawyers can concentrate all their efforts on all of the above.
Our lawyers are ready to fight for your rights, making sure that you receive complete compensation for the recovery you deserve and return to a normal life. Call one of our Randolph County, MO auto accident lawyers now at (314) 500-HURT or fill out our online contact form. They are able to confidentially talk about your case for free with no obligation.
What Are the Most Common Causes of Auto Accidents in Randolph County, MO?
Auto accidents happen in what often feels like a blink of an eye. Though there are some potentially hazardous events and conditions outside of our control that can contribute to crashes, most car crashes are caused by driver error. Research by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) estimates that human motorists are responsible for 94 percent of crashes that take place.
Some of the common causes of Randolph County, MO auto accidents are:
- Distracted Driving
- Texting and Driving
- Drunk Driving
- Hit and Run
- Construction Zones
- Failing to Yield
- Rain or Bad Weather
- Reckless Driving, including:
- Cutting another car off
- Weaving in and out of traffic
- Running red lights
- Blocking a car or changing speed to prevent another car from changing lanes, passing, etc.
- Refusing to use turn signals
- Forcing a car off the road
- Using high beams to interfere with another driver’s ability to see
What Is the Average Car Accident Settlement Amount in the Randolph County, MO Area?
Auto accidents are costly. According to the Insurance Information Institute, property damage, injuries and deaths in auto accidents cost $474 billion in 2020. The NHTSA, approximates that auto crashes cost society $7,300 per second in loss of productivity.
In terms of the cost of paying out the average car accident settlement in Randolph County, MO, or anywhere for that matter, it can be difficult to pinpoint an exact figure as the specifics of each case vary and many settlement amounts are confidential. However, generally speaking, the majority of auto accident settlements come in between $15,000 and $20,000. Injuries needing more extensive medical care frequently reach $50,000 to $100,000, while injuries causing permanent disability or, in the worst cases, wrongful death, can result in damages of hundreds of thousands of dollars, if not millions.
In addition, we have extensive experience winning the following cases for our Randolph County, MO clients:
How Long Do I Have to File a Car Accident Claim in Randolph County, MO?
The state of Missouri's statute of limitations dictates how long you have after the date of your injuries from a Randolph County, MO auto accident to file your claim.
- In general terms, according to Missouri Revised Statute §516.120, you have five years from the date of your injury to file your auto accident injury claim in Randolph County, MO or elsewhere in Missouri.
- If you were under the age of 21 at the time of the injury, or were mentally incapacitated at the time, Missouri Revised Statute §516.170 stipulates that you have 5 years after the date you turn 21 or that your "legal disability" ends.
- If you are harmed by someone who was a resident of Missouri when the injury occurred, but later left the state before you filed a lawsuit, Missouri Revised Statute §516.200 states that the time the defendant is out of the state does not apply toward the 5 years.
The clock is already ticking for when you can make your claim, if you have been hurt in a Randolph County, MO auto accident. Do not prolong this, call the auto accident law firm of Burger Law today at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online to get justice and complete compensation for your injuries. We begin working on your Randolph County, MO case immediately and do not stop until we win.
What Are the Factors That Determine an Auto Accident Settlement in Randolph County, MO?
As the meaning of an auto accident settlement is to fairly compensate you for your damages, the seriousness of those injuries is the driving element in how much your settlement could be. Other aspects include the insurance policy in question, how your injuries have impacted your life, if you are to blame in any degree for your accident and the capabilities of your Randolph County, MO auto crash attorney:
- The severity of your injuries — As more major injuries lead to more time lost from work in Randolph County, MO and larger medical expenses, they generate higher settlements, especially when including the pain and suffering multiplier.
- How your injuries have impacted your life — The greater the effect on your physical, emotional and mental well-being, the more the noneconomic damages will be.
- The insurance policy — Missouri has a minimum insurance requirement of $25,000 for bodily injury, and while a skilled Randolph County, MO car crash lawyer may have the skills to get you more, there are times where the compensation is dependant upon the negligent driver's and/or your insurance policy limits.
- If you are partially to blame — With comparative negligence policies like Missouri law observes, you can still be awarded financial compensation if you were partially to blame; but, the amount will be less. For example, if you are awarded $100,000 in damages but it is decided that you are responsible for 30 percent of the blame for your crash, you would receive $70,000. You can still receive compensation in Missouri, even if you were 99 percent at fault.
- Your car accident lawyer — You need an aggressive and skilled Randolph County, MO lawyer to combat the insurance company's tricks. Your auto accident attorney will also need to investigate your accident, prove liability on the part of the other driver and have a network of medical and economic professionals in the Randolph County, MO area and throughout MO to accurately value your claim. If the insurance company will not extend a fair settlement, you will need a knowledgeable trial lawyer with courtroom savvy that will argue your case in front of a jury.
What Tricks Do Insurance Companies Use To Avoid Paying Claims?
When you have a personal injury claim, be aware of the tricks insurance c …
Is It Worth It to Get a Lawyer for a Car Accident?
Is It Worth It to Get a Lawyer for a Car Accident? If you've been injured …
When Should I Hire an Attorney After a Car Accident?
When Should I Hire an Attorney After a Car Accident? If you were injured …
What Do I Do After an Auto Accident in Randolph County, MO?
Auto accidents are never a pleasant experience, and they are frequently frightening and startling. But, it is crucial to stay calm following a crash. You should follow these steps to ensure everyone’s safety and to get the premier results from your claim in Randolph County, MO:
- Check to see whether you or anyone else is injured. The most important thing in a Randolph County, MO auto accident is everybody's well-being and safety. Check to see if anyone is injured and how severe their injuries are. If there are severe injuries to you or anyone else, call 911 right away. If you are able and it is safe to do so, render first aid to anyone who needs it.
- Get to safety. Do not move anyone who is severely injured until emergency medical personnel get there, and warn other motor vehicles of the crash. If you cannot move your vehicle, turn on the emergency lights and exit to get to the side of the road when it is safe. Otherwise, move your vehicle to the side of the road and away from oncoming traffic to avoid a multi-car accident.
- Call the police. Call the Randolph County, MO or county police if you have not already dialed 911. Missouri Revised Statute §303.040 calls for Missouri drivers to report any motor vehicle accident that results in personal injury, death, or over $500 in property damage. If you are unsure as to the extent of the damage or how severe your injuries are, call the police and err on the side of caution. Police in Randolph County, MO are trained to provide an official, accurate account of what happened in accidents, and their report will go a long way in proving your claim and holding the other party accountable. It is also the law.
- Document the accident scene and collect evidence. Take pictures of all vehicles involved, any injuries you sustained and other parts of the scene, such as the road around the crash. A lack of tire marks may be sufficient to prove that the other driver was distracted and is responsible for the car crash. If the other driver was drunk, take pictures of law enforcement arresting them.
You should also trade insurance information with the other driver. If there were eyewitnesses, get their contact information so that your Randolph County, MO auto accident attorney will be able to take official depositions from them. As your memory will be freshest in the immediate aftermath, it is also a good idea to jot down everything you remember about the crash as some seemingly insignificant details may slip your mind that later turn out to be critical.
- Get medical treatment. It is a good idea to go to an urgent care facility in the Randolph County, MO area after a car accident, even if you do not think your injuries are severe. With some injuries, adrenaline can frequently mask pain and you may not deal with symptoms immediately after an accident.
- Contact Burger Law. When you are seriously injured in a car crash, it is necessary to find a knowledgeable lawyer who can help you navigate the twists and turns of your case. An experienced lawyer who fights back against bullies like resistant insurance companies is often the only way you can truly get maximum compensation for your damages. Our lawyers have over 70 years of combined experience standing up for the injured in Randolph County, MO. We will be able to figure out precisely how much you are owed because we know car accident claims. Speaking with us about your claim is free, so do not approve a settlement offer before asking an auto accident lawyer if it is actually adequate. We are also experienced trial lawyers, so if we cannot secure a fair financial recovery in negotiations, we will move the fight to a judge and jury.
What Should I Look For When Picking an Auto Accident Lawyer in Randolph County, MO?
When it comes to picking an auto accident lawyer in Randolph County, MO, it is integral to do your research and locate the right attorney for the finer points of your case. Here are some key factors to consider:
- Experience: A knowledgeable auto accident attorney will know the ins and outs of the legal system and be able to help you fight against bullying insurance companies. Burger Law has nearly 30 years of experience in the Randolph County, MO area, and throughout Missouri, standing up to insurance companies and prosecutors on behalf of our clients.
- Specialization: Different attorneys are accomplished in different specifics of the law, and it is critical to find one who specializes in auto accident cases. The Burger Law Randolph County, MO auto accident attorneys not only specialize in car crash cases, we dedicate our careers to handling cases like yours and doing whatever it takes to get you full compensation for your medical bills, lost wages, various out-of-pocket expenses and the pain and suffering you have incurred because of your injuries.
- Reputation: It is also essential to locate a lawyer who has a good reputation and is known in the community. Ask around for recommendations and read online reviews, and you will see Burger Law’s distinguished track record throughout the Randolph County, MO area.
- Communication: It is crucial to locate a lawyer in Randolph County, MO who is easy to talk to and is willing to answer your questions. Gary Burger has literally written the book on the absolutely essential questions to ask before you pick a lawyer. We always make sure you know what is going on with your case. Additionally, we handle all documentation, negotiation and litigation, also keeping you aware throughout these processes. Call us right away at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online.
Contact a Burger Law Randolph County, MO Auto Accident Lawyer
Whether it is some other Randolph County, MO auto accident attorney or an offer from an insurance company, do not settle for less than you deserve. Burger Law has knowledgeable, aggressive and unwavering auto accident attorneys ready and willing to stand in your corner and fight for your rights throughout your claim.
Call our Randolph County, MO auto accident lawyer team today at (314) 500-HURT or reach out to us online. We do not collect any fees until we win your case. Get legal representation in Randolph County, MO when you need it, and pay when you get paid.