Auto Accident Lawyer Ray County, MO
Auto Accident Lawyer Ray County, MO. When you or a loved one are seriously injured in an auto accident, Burger Law is the law firm to call in the Ray County, MO area. Speak to an experienced Ray County, MO auto accident lawyer immediately at (314) 500-HURT or reach out to us online.
If you were seriously injured in an auto accident, find out how much your claim may be worth in Ray County, MO, with our free personal injury calculator.
The Burger Law attorneys fight for your rights and demands a full recovery in your Ray County, MO auto accident claim. Our legal team has successfully recovered over $200 million in settlement and trial results for our clients in Ray County, MO and throughout Missouri, including a multi-year legal battle resulting in a trial verdict of $113 million. They will not stop until obtaining the best possible recovery for you and your family.
Burger Law’s Successful Missouri Auto Accident Claims
At Burger Law, we believe that results matter. Our Ray County, MO clients want to know that we are giving 100 percent to a case and win the best possible settlement on their behalf. Below are some recent examples of car crash settlements we have won for clients:
- $300k Utility Terrain Vehicle Settlement
- On-Ramp Accident Leads to $327,000 Settlement
- $90,000 Settlement after Car Accident
- Head on Collision
- Rear End Accident Leads to $35,000 recovery
Injured in an Auto Accident? Contact a Ray County, MO Auto Accident Lawyer
After an auto accident in Ray County, MO, you should be able to concentrate on getting your injuries treated. You should not have to be concerned with battling your insurance company for the care you need, or worrying about whether you are going to get the financial recovery you need for the car accident, or even legal jargon and court dates. The Burger Law Ray County, MO auto accident attorneys can concentrate all their efforts on all of the above.
Our lawyers are prepared to fight for your rights, making sure that you receive complete compensation for the recovery you need and return to a normal life. Give one of our Ray County, MO auto accident lawyers a call right away at (314) 500-HURT or fill out our online contact form. They are ready to confidentially talk about your case for free with no obligation.
What Are the Most Common Causes of Auto Accidents in Ray County, MO?
Auto accidents happen in what often feels like a blink of an eye. Though there are several potentially hazardous conditions and events outside of our purview that can contribute to crashes, the majority of auto accidents are caused by driver error. Research by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) estimates that human operators are responsible for 94 percent of accidents that occur.
Some of the most common causes of Ray County, MO car crashes are:
- Distracted Driving
- Texting and Driving
- Drunk Driving
- Hit and Run
- Construction Zones
- Failing to Yield
- Rain or Bad Weather
- Reckless Driving, including:
- Cutting another car off
- Weaving in and out of traffic
- Running red lights
- Blocking a car or changing speed to prevent another car from changing lanes, passing, etc.
- Refusing to use turn signals
- Forcing a car off the road
- Using high beams to interfere with another driver’s ability to see
What Is the Average Car Accident Settlement Amount in the Ray County, MO Area?
Auto accidents are costly. According to research from the Insurance Information Institute, property damage, injuries and deaths in auto accidents cost $474 billion in 2020. The NHTSA, estimates that auto accidents cost society $7,300 per second in loss of productivity.
It can be hard to pinpoint an exact figure as many settlements are confidential, in terms of the average car accident settlement in Ray County, MO, or anywhere for that matter. However, generally speaking, most of car accident settlements come in between $15,000 and $20,000. Injuries requiring more extensive medical care frequently reach $50,000 to $100,000, while injuries causing permanent disability or, in the worst cases, wrongful death, can result in damages of hundreds of thousands of dollars, if not millions.
In addition, we have extensive experience winning the following cases for our Ray County, MO clients:
How Long Do I Have to File a Car Accident Claim in Ray County, MO?
The state of Missouri's statute of limitations dictates how long you have after the date of your injuries from a Ray County, MO auto accident to file your claim.
- In general, according to Missouri Revised Statute §516.120, you have five years from the date of your injury to file your personal injury claim in Ray County, MO or elsewhere in Missouri.
- If you were under the age of 21 at the time of the injury, or were mentally incapacitated at the time, Missouri Revised Statute §516.170 stipulates that you have 5 years after the date you turn 21 or that your "legal disability" ends.
- If you are hurt by someone who was a resident of Missouri when the injury happened, but left the state at a later date before you filed a lawsuit, Missouri Revised Statute §516.200 stipulates that the time the defendant is out of the state does not apply toward the 5 years.
If you have been injured in an auto accident in Ray County, MO, the clock is already ticking for when you can make your claim. Do not prolong this, call the auto accident law firm of Burger Law now at (314) 500-HURT or reach out to us online to get justice and maximum compensation for your injuries. We start working on your Ray County, MO claim right away and do not stop until we win.
What Are the Factors That Determine an Auto Accident Settlement in Ray County, MO?
As the meaning of a car accident settlement is to reasonable compensate you for your injuries, the seriousness of those injuries is the driving element in how much your settlement may be. Other factors include the insurance policy in question, how your injuries have impacted your life, if you are to blame in any degree for your accident and the capabilities of your Ray County, MO auto accident attorney:
- The seriousness of your injuries — As more serious injuries lead to higher medical expenses and more time lost from work in Ray County, MO, they generate higher settlements, particularly when including the pain and suffering multiplier.
- How your injuries have impacted your life — The greater the effect on your mental, emotional and physical well-being, the more the noneconomic damages will be.
- The insurance policy — Missouri has a minimum insurance requirement of $25,000 for bodily injury, and while a skilled Ray County, MO auto accident lawyer might have the skills to get you more, there are instances when you will be limited by the negligent driver's and/or your insurance policy limits.
- If you are partially to blame — With comparative negligence policies like Missouri law observes, you can still get a financial recovery if you were partially responsible for the accident; but, the amount will be less. As an example, if you are awarded $100,000 in damages but it is found that you are responsible for 30 percent of the blame for your crash, you would get $70,000. In Missouri, you can still receive compensation if you were 99 percent at fault.
- Your car accident lawyer — You need a skilled and aggressive Ray County, MO lawyer to combat the insurance company and its tactics. Your auto accident attorney will also need to investigate your crash, prove liability on the part of the other motorist and have a network of economic and medical experts in the Ray County, MO area and throughout MO to accurately calculate your claim. If the insurance company will not proffer a fair settlement in negotiation, you will need a knowledgeable trial lawyer with courtroom savvy that will stand by your side and argue your case in front of a jury.
What Tricks Do Insurance Companies Use To Avoid Paying Claims?
When you have a personal injury claim, be aware of the tricks insurance c …
Is It Worth It to Get a Lawyer for a Car Accident?
Is It Worth It to Get a Lawyer for a Car Accident? If you've been injured …
When Should I Hire an Attorney After a Car Accident?
When Should I Hire an Attorney After a Car Accident? If you were injured …
What Do I Do After an Auto Accident in Ray County, MO?
Car crashes are never a pleasant experience, and they are frequently frightening and startling. But, it is crucial to keep a level head in the aftermath of a crash. According to the Burger Law Ray County, MO auto accident lawyers, you should follow these steps to ensure everyone’s well-being and to get the premier results from your claim in Ray County, MO:
- Check to see if you or anyone else is injured. The most important thing in a Ray County, MO car crash is everybody's safety and well-being. Assess the scene to see if anyone is injured and how severe their injuries are. If there are severe injuries to you or anyone else, call 911 immediately. If you can and it is safe to do so, render aid to anyone who needs it.
- Get to safety. If anyone is severely injured, do not move them until emergency medical personnel get there, and alert other motor vehicles of the crash. If you cannot move your vehicle, turn on the emergency lights and exit to get to the side of the road when it is safe. Otherwise, move your vehicle to the side of the road and out of the way of oncoming traffic to avoid a multi-car accident.
- Call the police. If you have not already called 911, call the Ray County, MO or county police. Missouri Revised Statute §303.040 calls for Missouri drivers to report any motor vehicle accident that ends in death, personal injury, or over $500 in property damage. If you are uncertain as to the extent of the damage or how bad your injuries are, err on the side of caution and call the police. Police in Ray County, MO are trained to provide an official account of what happened in accidents, and their report will go a long way in proving your claim and holding the other party accountable. It is also the law.
- Collect evidence and document the accident scene. Take photos of all vehicles involved, any injuries you sustained and other parts of the scene, such as the road surrounding the accident. A lack of tire marks may be sufficient to prove that the other driver was distracted and is responsible for the auto accident. If the other driver was drunk, take pictures of law enforcement arresting them.
You should also swap insurance information with the other driver. If there were bystanders who could be eyewitnesses, get their contact information so that your Ray County, MO car accident attorney can take official depositions from them. As your memory will be freshest in the immediate aftermath, it is also a good idea to jot down everything you remember about the crash as some seemingly insignificant details may slip your mind that later turn out to be critical.
- Get medical treatment. It is a good idea to go to an urgent care facility in the Ray County, MO area after a car accident, even if you do not think your injuries are severe. With some injuries, you may not experience symptoms right away, and adrenaline can often disguise pain after an accident.
- Reach out to Burger Law. When you are seriously hurt in a car accident, it is essential to find an informed lawyer who can help you navigate the twists and turns of your case. An experienced attorney who pushes back against bullies like resistant insurance companies is frequently the lone way you can truly receive maximum compensation for your injuries. Our lawyers have more than 70 years of combined experience standing up for the injured in Ray County, MO. We know car accident claims and will be able to figure out precisely how much you are owed. Speaking with us about your claim is free, so do not approve a settlement offer before asking an auto accident attorney if it is really adequate. We are also experienced trial attorneys, so if we cannot secure a fair financial recovery in negotiations, we will take the fight in front of a judge and jury.
What Should I Look For When Selecting an Auto Accident Lawyer in Ray County, MO?
When it comes to choosing an auto accident lawyer in Ray County, MO, it is important to do your research and locate the right attorney for the finer points of your case. The following are some key factors to consider:
- Experience: A knowledgeable auto accident attorney will know the ins and outs of the legal system and be able to help you fight against bullying insurance companies. Burger Law has over three decades of experience in the Ray County, MO area, and throughout Missouri, standing up to insurance companies and prosecutors on behalf of our clients.
- Specialization: Different attorneys specialize in different aspects of the law, and it is important to locate one who specializes in car crash cases. The Burger Law Ray County, MO auto accident attorneys are not only well versed in car crash cases, we dedicate our careers to handling cases like yours and doing whatever it takes to get you full compensation for your lost wages, medical bills, various out-of-pocket expenses and the pain and suffering you have sustained because of your injuries.
- Reputation: It is also important to locate an attorney who has a solid reputation and is known in the community. Ask around for recommendations and check online reviews, and you will notice Burger Law’s distinguished track record throughout the Ray County, MO area.
- Communication: It is important to find an attorney in Ray County, MO who is willing to answer your questions and is easy to talk to. Gary Burger has literally written the book on the absolutely essential questions to ask before you select a lawyer. We always ensure you are in the know on what is going on with your case. We also deal with all documentation, negotiation and litigation, also keeping you in the loop throughout these processes. Give us a call as soon as possible at (314) 500-HURT or reach out to us online.
Reach Out To a Burger Law Ray County, MO Auto Accident Attorney
Do not settle for less than you deserve, no matter if it is some other Ray County, MO auto accident attorney or an offer from an insurance company. Burger Law has experienced, aggressive and unwavering auto accident lawyers ready and willing to stand by your side and fight for your rights throughout the life of your claim.
Call our Ray County, MO auto accident lawyers today at (314) 500-HURT or reach out to us online. We do not collect any fees until we win your case. Get legal representation in Ray County, MO when you need it, and pay when you get paid.