Auto Accident Lawyer Raytown, MO
Auto Accident Lawyer Raytown, MO. When you or a loved one are seriously injured in an auto accident, Burger Law is the law firm to turn to in the Raytown, MO area. Speak to a knowledgeable Raytown, MO auto accident lawyer right now at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online.
If you were injured in a car crash, find out how much your claim might be worth in Raytown, MO, with our complimentary personal injury calculator.
The Burger Law legal team fights for your rights and demands a complete recovery in your Raytown, MO car crash claim. Our attorneys have successfully recovered over $200 million in settlement and trial results for our clients in Raytown, MO and throughout Missouri, including a multi-year legal battle resulting in a trial verdict of $113 million. Our lawyers will stop nothing short of a complete recovery for you.
Burger Law’s Successful Missouri Auto Accident Claims
At Burger Law, we believe that results matter. Our Raytown, MO clients want to know that we are giving 100 percent to a case and win the best possible settlement on their behalf. The following are some recent examples of car crash settlements we have won for clients:
- $300k Utility Terrain Vehicle Settlement
- On-Ramp Accident Leads to $327,000 Settlement
- $90,000 Settlement after Car Accident
- Head on Collision
- Rear End Accident Leads to $35,000 recovery
Injured in an Auto Accident? Contact a Raytown, MO Auto Accident Lawyer
Following a car crash in Raytown, MO, you should be able to concentrate on getting treatment for your injuries. You should not have to be concerned with battling your insurance company for the medical care you need, or worrying about whether you are going to receive the financial compensation you deserve for the car accident, or even court dates and legal jargon. The Burger Law Raytown, MO auto accident lawyers can concentrate all their efforts on the above facets.
Our lawyers are ready to fight for your rights, ensure that you get complete compensation for the recovery you need and return to a normal life. Call one of our Raytown, MO auto accident lawyers now at (314) 500-HURT or fill out our online contact form. They are ready to confidentially discuss your case for free with no obligation.
What Are the Most Common Causes of Auto Accidents in Raytown, MO?
Auto accidents happen in what often feels like a blink of an eye. Though there are several possible dangerous events and conditions outside of our control that can contribute to crashes, most auto accidents are caused by driver error. Research by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) estimates that human operators are responsible for 94 percent of accidents that occur.
Some of the most common causes of Raytown, MO auto accidents are:
- Distracted Driving
- Texting and Driving
- Drunk Driving
- Hit and Run
- Construction Zones
- Failing to Yield
- Rain or Bad Weather
- Reckless Driving, including:
- Cutting another car off
- Weaving in and out of traffic
- Running red lights
- Blocking a car or changing speed to prevent another car from changing lanes, passing, etc.
- Refusing to use turn signals
- Forcing a car off the road
- Using high beams to interfere with another driver’s ability to see
What Is the Average Car Accident Settlement Amount in the Raytown, MO Area?
Auto accidents are expensive. According to the Insurance Information Institute, deaths, injuries and property damage in auto accidents cost $474 billion in 2020. The NHTSA, estimates that auto accidents cost society $7,300 per second in productivity lost.
In terms of the cost of paying out the average car accident settlement in Raytown, MO, or anywhere for that matter, it can be difficult to pinpoint a precise figure as the specifics of each case vary and many settlement amounts are confidential. But, generally speaking, the majority of car accident settlements come in between $15,000 and $20,000. Injuries needing more substantial medical care frequently reach $50,000 to $100,000, while injuries causing permanent disability or, in the worst cases, wrongful death, can bring about damages of hundreds of thousands of dollars, if not millions.
In addition, we have extensive experience winning the following cases for our Raytown, MO clients:
How Long Do I Have to File a Car Accident Claim in Raytown, MO?
Once you are injured in a Raytown, MO auto accident, the state of Missouri's statute of limitations dictates how long you have after the date of the accident to file your claim.
- In general terms, according to Missouri Revised Statute §516.120, you have 5 years from the date of your injury to file your personal injury claim in Raytown, MO or elsewhere in Missouri.
- If you were mentally incapacitated at the time of the injury or under the age of 21 at the time, Missouri Revised Statute §516.170 says that you have 5 years after the date you turn 21 or that your "legal disability" ends.
- If you are hurt by someone who was a resident of the state when the injury happened, but later left the state before you filed a lawsuit, Missouri Revised Statute §516.200 stipulates that the time the defendant is out of the state does not apply toward the five years.
If you have been injured in an auto accident in Raytown, MO, the clock is already ticking for when you can make your claim. Do not hesitate, call the auto accident law firm of Burger Law now at (314) 500-HURT or reach out to us online to get justice and complete compensation for your injuries. We begin working on your Raytown, MO claim immediately and do not rest until we win your case.
What Are the Factors That Determine an Auto Accident Settlement in Raytown, MO?
As the meaning of a car accident settlement is to fairly compensate you for your injuries, the severity of those injuries is the compelling factor in how much your settlement may be. Other aspects include how your injuries have impacted your life, the insurance policy in question, if you bear any responsibility for your accident and the capabilities of your Raytown, MO auto accident attorney:
- The seriousness of your injuries — As more severe injuries lead to higher medical expenses and more time lost from work in Raytown, MO, they generate higher settlements, especially when including the pain and suffering multiplier.
- How your injuries have impacted your life — The greater the effect on your mental, emotional and physical well-being, the higher the noneconomic damages will be.
- The insurance policy — Missouri has a minimum insurance requirement of $25,000 for bodily injury, and while a skilled Raytown, MO car crash lawyer may have the skills to get you more, there are times when the compensation is dependant upon the negligent driver's and/or your insurance policy limits.
- If you are partially responsible — With comparative negligence policies like Missouri law observes, you can still get a financial recovery if you were partially responsible for the accident; yet, the amount of compensation will be less. For example, if you are awarded $100,000 in damages but it is found that you are responsible for 30 percent of the blame for your accident, you would receive $70,000. You can still receive compensation in Missouri, even if you were 99 percent at fault.
- Your car accident lawyer — You need a skilled and aggressive Raytown, MO attorney to combat the insurance company's tricks. Your auto accident attorney will also need to look into your accident, prove liability on the part of the other motorist and have a network of medical and economic professionals in the Raytown, MO area and throughout MO to precisely value your claim. If the insurance company will not extend a fair settlement, you will need a knowledgeable trial attorney with courtroom savvy that will stand by your side and argue your case in front of a jury.
What Tricks Do Insurance Companies Use To Avoid Paying Claims?
When you have a personal injury claim, be aware of the tricks insurance c …
Is It Worth It to Get a Lawyer for a Car Accident?
Is It Worth It to Get a Lawyer for a Car Accident? If you've been injured …
When Should I Hire an Attorney After a Car Accident?
When Should I Hire an Attorney After a Car Accident? If you were injured …
What Do I Do After an Auto Accident in Raytown, MO?
Car crashes are never a pleasant experience, and they are frequently startling and frightening. However, it is crucial to keep a level head following an accident. You should follow these steps to ensure everyone’s well-being and to get the best results from your claim in Raytown, MO:
- Check to see if you or anyone else is injured. The most critical thing in a Raytown, MO car crash is everybody's well-being and safety. Assess the scene to see if anyone is injured and how significant their injuries are. If you or anyone is severely injured, call 911 immediately. If you can and it is safe to do so, render first aid to anyone who needs it.
- Get to safety. If anyone is severely injured, do not move them until emergency medical personnel arrive, and alert other vehicles of the accident. If you are unable to move your vehicle, turn on the emergency lights and exit to get to the side of the road whenever it is safe. Otherwise, move your vehicle to the side of the road and away from oncoming traffic to avoid a multi-car accident.
- Call the police. If you have not already called 911, call the Raytown, MO or county police. Missouri Revised Statute §303.040 calls for Missouri drivers to report any motor vehicle crash that ends in personal injury, death, or over $500 in property damage. If you are uncertain as to the extent of the damage or how severe your injuries are, call the police and err on the side of caution. Not only is it the law, but police in Raytown, MO are trained to provide an official account of what happened in accidents, and their report will go a long way in proving your claim and holding the other party accountable.
- Document the accident scene and collect evidence. Take photos of all vehicles involved, any injuries you sustained and other parts of the scene, like the road surrounding the accident. A lack of tire marks may be sufficient to prove that the other driver was distracted and is responsible for the car crash. If the other driver was drunk, take pictures of law enforcement arresting them.
You should additionally swap insurance information with the other driver. If there were bystanders who could be eyewitnesses, get their contact information so your Raytown, MO car accident attorney can take official depositions from them. As your memory will be freshest in the immediate aftermath, it is also a good idea to write down all that comes to mind about the crash as you may forget seemingly insignificant details that later turn out to be crucial.
- Get medical treatment. It is a good idea to go to an urgent care facility in the Raytown, MO area after a car accident, even if you do not think your injuries are severe. With some injuries, you may not deal with symptoms immediately, and adrenaline can frequently mask pain after an accident.
- Contact Burger Law. When you are seriously injured in a car accident, it is necessary to find a knowledgeable attorney who can assist in navigating the difficulties of your case. An experienced attorney who pushes back against resistant insurance companies is frequently the only way you can truly receive maximum compensation for your injuries. We have more than 70 years of combined experience standing up for the injured in Raytown, MO. We will be able to figure out exactly how much you are owed because we know car accident claims. Talking to us about your claim is free, so it is vital to never approve a settlement offer before asking an auto accident lawyer if it is really fair. We are also knowledgeable trial attorneys, so if we cannot negotiate a fair financial recovery, we will take the fight to a judge and jury.
What Should I Look For When Selecting an Auto Accident Lawyer in Raytown, MO?
When it comes to selecting an auto accident lawyer in Raytown, MO, it is integral to do your research and find the ideal lawyer for the specifics of your case. The following are some key aspects to consider:
- Experience: An experienced auto accident lawyer knows the ins and outs of the legal system and be able to help you fight against bullying insurance companies. Burger Law has nearly 30 years of experience in the Raytown, MO area, and throughout Missouri, standing up to prosecutors and insurance companies on behalf of our clients.
- Specialization: Different lawyers specialize in different areas of the law, and it is important to locate one who specializes in auto accident cases. The Burger Law Raytown, MO auto accident lawyers are not only well steeped in car crash cases, we dedicate our careers to handling cases like yours and doing whatever it takes to get you full compensation for your lost wages, medical bills, other out-of-pocket expenses and the pain and suffering you have sustained because of your injuries.
- Reputation: It is also essential to search for a lawyer who has a solid reputation and is known in the community. Ask around for recommendations and read online reviews, and you will notice Burger Law’s stellar track record throughout the Raytown, MO area.
- Communication: It is crucial to find a lawyer in Raytown, MO who is easy to talk to and is willing to answer your questions. Gary Burger has literally written the book on the absolutely essential questions to ask before you choose a lawyer. Our team always ensure you know what is transpiring in your case. Additionally, we handle all negotiation, documentation and litigation, also keeping you in the know throughout these processes. Give us a call as soon as possible at (314) 500-HURT or complete our online form.
Contact a Burger Law Raytown, MO Auto Accident Attorney
No matter if it is some other auto accident lawyer near Raytown, MO or an offer from an insurance company, do not settle for less than you deserve. Burger Law has experienced, aggressive and unwavering auto accident lawyers ready and willing to stand by your side and fight for your rights throughout the life of your claim.
Give our Raytown, MO auto accident lawyers a call today at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online. We do not collect any fees until we win your case. Get legal representation in Raytown, MO when you need it, and pay when you get paid.