Auto Accident Lawyer Republic, MO
Auto Accident Lawyer Republic, MO. When you or a loved one are seriously injured in an auto accident, Burger Law is the law firm to turn to in the Republic, MO area. Talk with a knowledgeable Republic, MO auto accident lawyer immediately at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online.
If you were seriously injured in an auto accident, find out how much your claim may be worth in Republic, MO, with our complimentary personal injury calculator.
The Burger Law lawyers fight for your rights and demands a complete recovery in your Republic, MO car crash claim. Our attorneys have successfully recovered over $200 million in settlement and trial results for our clients in Republic, MO and throughout Missouri, featuring a multi-year legal battle resulting in a trial verdict of $113 million. Our lawyers will stop nothing short of a complete recovery for you.
Burger Law’s Successful Missouri Auto Accident Claims
At Burger Law, we believe that results matter. Our Republic, MO clients want to know that we are giving 100 percent to a case and win the best possible settlement on their behalf. The following are some recent examples of auto accident settlements we have won for clients:
- $300k Utility Terrain Vehicle Settlement
- On-Ramp Accident Leads to $327,000 Settlement
- $90,000 Settlement after Car Accident
- Head on Collision
- Rear End Accident Leads to $35,000 recovery
Injured in an Auto Accident? Contact a Republic, MO Auto Accident Lawyer
After an auto accident in Republic, MO, you should be able to concentrate on getting treatment for your injuries. You should not have to worry about fighting your insurance company for the medical care you need, or wondering whether you are going to receive the financial compensation for the recovery you need and deserve for the car accident, or even court dates and legal jargon. The Burger Law Republic, MO auto accident lawyers can focus all their efforts on all of the above.
Our attorneys are ready to fight for your rights, ensure that you get complete compensation for the recovery you need and get back to a normal life. Give one of our Republic, MO auto accident lawyers a call right away at (314) 500-HURT or fill out our online contact form. They are prepared to confidentially discuss your case for free with no obligation.
What Are the Most Common Causes of Auto Accidents in Republic, MO?
Auto accidents happen in what often feels like a blink of an eye. Though there are some possible hazardous events and conditions outside of our purview that can contribute to crashes, most car crashes are caused by driver error. Research by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) estimates that human motorists are responsible for 94 percent of accidents that take place.
Some of the most common causes of Republic, MO auto accidents include:
- Distracted Driving
- Texting and Driving
- Drunk Driving
- Hit and Run
- Construction Zones
- Failing to Yield
- Rain or Bad Weather
- Reckless Driving, including:
- Cutting another car off
- Weaving in and out of traffic
- Running red lights
- Blocking a car or changing speed to prevent another car from changing lanes, passing, etc.
- Refusing to use turn signals
- Forcing a car off the road
- Using high beams to interfere with another driver’s ability to see
What Is the Average Car Accident Settlement Amount in the Republic, MO Area?
Auto accidents are expensive. According to the Insurance Information Institute, property damage, injuries and deaths in motor vehicle accidents cost $474 billion in 2020. The NHTSA, estimates that auto accidents cost society $7,300 per second in loss of productivity.
In terms of the cost of paying out the average car accident settlement in Republic, MO, or anywhere for that matter, it can be difficult to pinpoint a precise figure as many settlements are confidential. However, generally speaking, the majority of car accident settlements come in between $15,000 and $20,000. Injuries needing more extensive medical care frequently reach $50,000 to $100,000, while injuries causing permanent disability or, in the worst cases, wrongful death, can bring about damages of hundreds of thousands of dollars, if not millions.
In addition, we have extensive experience winning the following cases for our Republic, MO clients:
How Long Do I Have to File a Car Accident Claim in Republic, MO?
Once you are injured in a Republic, MO auto accident, the state of Missouri's statute of limitations dictates how long you have after the date of the accident to file your claim.
- In general terms, according to Missouri Revised Statute §516.120, you have 5 years from the date of your injury to file your personal injury claim in Republic, MO or elsewhere in Missouri.
- If you were under the age of 21 at the time of the injury, or were mentally incapacitated at the time, Missouri Revised Statute §516.170 states that you have 5 years after the date you turn 21 or that your "legal disability" ends.
- If you are injured by someone who was a resident of the state when the injury happened, but later left the state before you filed a lawsuit, Missouri Revised Statute §516.200 says that the time the defendant is out of the state does not apply toward the 5 years.
If you have been injured in an auto accident in Republic, MO, the clock is already ticking for when you can make your claim. Do not wait, call the auto accident law firm of Burger Law today at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online to get justice and complete compensation for your injuries. We start working on your Republic, MO case immediately and do not stop until we win your case.
What Are the Factors That Determine an Auto Accident Settlement in Republic, MO?
As the purpose of a car accident settlement is to adequately compensate you for your injuries, the severity of those injuries is the compelling factor in how much your settlement may be. Other factors include the insurance policy in question, how your injuries have impacted your life, if you are to blame in any degree for your accident and the abilities of your Republic, MO auto crash attorney:
- The seriousness of your injuries — As more major injuries lead to higher medical expenses and more time lost from work in Republic, MO, they lead to bigger settlements, especially when adding in the pain and suffering multiplier.
- How your injuries have impacted your life — The greater the effect on your physical, emotional and mental well-being, the more the noneconomic damages will be.
- The insurance policy — Missouri has a minimum insurance requirement of $25,000 for bodily injury, and while a skilled Republic, MO auto accident lawyer may have the skills to get you more, there are occasions when you will be limited by the negligent driver's and/or your insurance policy limits.
- If you are partially to blame — With comparative negligence policies like Missouri law observes, you can still be awarded financial compensation if you were partially responsible for the accident; but, the amount of compensation will be less. As an example, if you are awarded $100,000 in damages but it is found that you are responsible for 30 percent of the blame for your crash, you would get $70,000. You can still receive compensation in Missouri, even if you were 99 percent at fault.
- Your car accident lawyer — You need an aggressive and skilled Republic, MO lawyer to combat the insurance company's tricks. Your auto accident attorney will also need to investigate your accident, prove liability on the part of the other driver and have a network of economic and medical professionals in the Republic, MO area and throughout MO to precisely calculate your claim. If the insurance company refuses to extend a fair settlement, you will need an experienced trial lawyer with courtroom savvy that will argue your case in front of a jury.
What Tricks Do Insurance Companies Use To Avoid Paying Claims?
When you have a personal injury claim, be aware of the tricks insurance c …
Is It Worth It to Get a Lawyer for a Car Accident?
Is It Worth It to Get a Lawyer for a Car Accident? If you've been injured …
When Should I Hire an Attorney After a Car Accident?
When Should I Hire an Attorney After a Car Accident? If you were injured …
What Do I Do After an Auto Accident in Republic, MO?
Car crashes are not a pleasant experience, and they are frequently frightening and startling. But, it is important to keep a level head in the aftermath of an accident. You should follow these steps to ensure everyone’s safety and to get the premier results from your claim in Republic, MO:
- Check to see if you or anyone else is injured. The most important thing in a Republic, MO car crash is everybody's well-being and safety. Assess the scene to see if anyone is injured and how severe their injuries are. If you or anyone is seriously injured, call 911 right away. If you are able and it is safe to do so, render aid to anyone who needs it.
- Get to safety. If anyone is severely injured, do not move them until emergency medical technicians get there, and alert other motor vehicles of the accident. If you are unable to move your vehicle, turn on the emergency lights and exit to get to the side of the road whenever it is safe. Otherwise, move your vehicle to the side of the road and out of the way of oncoming traffic to avoid a multi-car accident.
- Call the police. Call the Republic, MO or county police if you have not already dialed 911. Missouri Revised Statute §303.040 calls for Missouri motorists to report any motor vehicle crash that results in personal injury, death, or over $500 in property damage. If you are unsure as to the extent of the damage or how bad your injuries are, err on the side of caution and call the police. Not only is it the law, but police in Republic, MO are trained to offer an official, accurate account of what happened in accidents, and their report will go a long way in proving your claim and holding the other party accountable.
- Document the accident scene and collect evidence. Take photos of all vehicles involved, any injuries you sustained and other parts of the scene, like the road surrounding the crash. The lack of tire marks may be sufficient to prove that the other driver was distracted and is responsible for the auto accident. If the other driver was drunk, take pictures of law enforcement arresting them.
You should also exchange insurance information with the other driver. If there were eyewitnesses, get their contact information so that your Republic, MO auto accident attorney will be able to take official depositions from them. It is also a good idea to write down everything you remember about the crash, as your memory will be freshest in the immediate aftermath, and some seemingly insignificant details may slip your mind that later turn out to be critical.
- Get medical treatment. Even if you do not think your injuries are severe, it is a good idea to go to an urgent care facility in the Republic, MO area after a car accident. With some injuries, you may not deal with symptoms right away, and adrenaline can often mask pain after an accident.
- Reach out to Burger Law. When you are seriously hurt in a car crash, it is beneficial to find an informed attorney who can help you navigate the difficulties of your case. An experienced attorney who fights back against resistant insurance companies is frequently the only way you can really receive maximum compensation for your injuries. Our lawyers have over 70 years of combined experience standing up for the injured in Republic, MO. We will be able to figure out exactly how much you are owed because we know car accident claims. Speaking with us about your claim is free, so it is vital to never approve a settlement offer before asking an auto accident lawyer if it is actually adequate. We are also knowledgeable trial lawyers, so if we cannot negotiate a fair financial recovery, we will move the fight to a jury and a judge.
What Should I Look For When Choosing an Auto Accident Lawyer in Republic, MO?
When it comes to choosing an auto accident lawyer in Republic, MO, it is integral to do your research and locate the ideal lawyer for the particulars of your case. Here are some key aspects to ponder:
- Experience: A knowledgeable auto accident lawyer knows the ins and outs of the legal system and be able to help you fight against bullying insurance companies. Burger Law has nearly 30 years of experience in the Republic, MO area, and throughout Missouri, standing up to prosecutors and insurance companies on behalf of our clients.
- Specialization: Different attorneys are accomplished in different specifics of the law, and it is critical to locate one who specializes in auto accident cases. The Burger Law Republic, MO auto accident attorneys are not only well versed in car crash cases, we dedicate our careers to handling cases like yours and doing whatever it takes to get you full compensation for your lost wages, medical bills, other out-of-pocket expenses and the pain and suffering you have incurred because of your injuries.
- Reputation: It is also important to search for an attorney who has a solid reputation and is known in the community. Ask around for recommendations and read online reviews, and you will see Burger Law’s stellar track record throughout the Republic, MO area.
- Communication: It is vital to locate an attorney in Republic, MO who is easy to talk to and is willing to answer your questions. Gary Burger has literally written the book on the absolutely essential questions to ask before you pick a lawyer. Our team always make sure you are in the know on what is going on with your case. Additionally, we deal with all documentation, negotiation and litigation, also keeping you in the loop throughout these procedures. Call us right away at (314) 500-HURT or complete our online form.
Contact a Burger Law Republic, MO Auto Accident Attorney
Do not settle for less than you deserve, whether it is some other Republic, MO auto accident attorney or an offer from an insurance company. Burger Law has experienced, aggressive and unwavering auto accident lawyers ready and willing to stand by your side and fight for your rights throughout your claim.
Give our Republic, MO auto accident lawyers a call now at (314) 500-HURT or reach out to us online. We do not collect any fees until we win your case. Get legal representation in Republic, MO when you need it, and pay when you get paid.