Auto Accident Lawyer Richmond, MO
Auto Accident Lawyer Richmond, MO. When you or a loved one are seriously injured in an auto accident, Burger Law is the law firm to call in the Richmond, MO area. Talk with an experienced Richmond, MO auto accident lawyer immediately at (314) 500-HURT or reach out to us online.
If you were seriously injured in an auto accident, find out how much your claim may be worth in Richmond, MO, with our free personal injury calculator.
The Burger Law legal team fights for your rights and demands a full recovery in your Richmond, MO auto accident claim. Our legal team has successfully recovered over $200 million in settlement and trial results for our clients in Richmond, MO and throughout Missouri, featuring a multi-year legal battle resulting in a trial verdict of $113 million. They will not stop until obtaining a complete recovery for you and your family.
Burger Law’s Successful Missouri Auto Accident Claims
At Burger Law, we believe that results matter. Our Richmond, MO clients want to know that we are giving 100 percent to a case and win the best possible settlement on their behalf. Below are some recent examples of car crash settlements we have won for clients:
- $300k Utility Terrain Vehicle Settlement
- On-Ramp Accident Leads to $327,000 Settlement
- $90,000 Settlement after Car Accident
- Head on Collision
- Rear End Accident Leads to $35,000 recovery
Injured in an Auto Accident? Contact a Richmond, MO Auto Accident Lawyer
After an auto accident in Richmond, MO, you should be able to concentrate on getting treatment for your injuries. You should not have to be concerned with fighting your insurance company for the care you need, or wondering whether you are going to receive the financial recovery you deserve for the car accident, or even court dates and legal jargon. The Burger Law Richmond, MO auto accident attorneys can concentrate all their efforts on all of the above.
Our lawyers are prepared to fight for your rights, ensure that you get complete compensation for the recovery you need and return to a normal life. Give one of our Richmond, MO auto accident lawyers a call right now at (314) 500-HURT or fill out our online contact form. They are ready to confidentially discuss your case for free with no obligation.
What Are the Most Common Causes of Auto Accidents in Richmond, MO?
Although there are several potentially hazardous events and conditions outside of our purview that can contribute to crashes, the majority of car crashes are caused by driver error. Auto accidents happen in what often feels like a blink of an eye. Research by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) estimates that human operators are responsible for 94 percent of accidents that take place.
Some of the most common causes of Richmond, MO car crashes are:
- Distracted Driving
- Texting and Driving
- Drunk Driving
- Hit and Run
- Construction Zones
- Failing to Yield
- Rain or Bad Weather
- Reckless Driving, including:
- Cutting another car off
- Weaving in and out of traffic
- Running red lights
- Blocking a car or changing speed to prevent another car from changing lanes, passing, etc.
- Refusing to use turn signals
- Forcing a car off the road
- Using high beams to interfere with another driver’s ability to see
What Is the Average Car Accident Settlement Amount in the Richmond, MO Area?
Auto accidents are expensive. According to the Insurance Information Institute, property damage, injuries and deaths in auto accidents cost $474 billion in 2020. The NHTSA, approximates that auto accidents cost society $7,300 per second in productivity lost.
It can be difficult to pinpoint an exact figure as the specifics of each case vary and many settlement amounts are confidential, in terms of the average car accident settlement in Richmond, MO, or anywhere for that matter. However, generally speaking, the majority of car crash settlements come in between $15,000 and $20,000. Injuries needing more substantial medical care frequently reach $50,000 to $100,000, while injuries causing permanent disability or, in the worst cases, wrongful death, can bring about damages of hundreds of thousands of dollars, if not millions.
In addition, we have extensive experience winning the following cases for our Richmond, MO clients:
How Long Do I Have to File a Car Accident Claim in Richmond, MO?
Once you are injured in a Richmond, MO auto accident, the state of Missouri's statute of limitations dictates how long you have after the date of the accident to file your claim.
- In general terms, according to Missouri Revised Statute §516.120, you have 5 years from the date of your injury to file your personal injury claim in Richmond, MO or elsewhere in Missouri.
- If you were under the age of 21 at the time of the injury, or were mentally incapacitated at the time, Missouri Revised Statute §516.170 says that you have 5 years after the date you turn 21 or that your "legal disability" ends.
- If you are injured by someone who was a resident of Missouri when the injury occurred, but later left the state before you filed a lawsuit, Missouri Revised Statute §516.200 stipulates that the time the defendant is out of the state does not apply toward the 5 years.
If you have been injured in an auto accident in Richmond, MO, the clock is already ticking for when you can make your claim. Do not prolong this, call the auto accident law firm of Burger Law now at (314) 500-HURT or reach out to us online to get justice and complete compensation for your injuries. We begin working on your Richmond, MO case immediately and do not rest until we win your case.
What Are the Factors That Determine an Auto Accident Settlement in Richmond, MO?
As the purpose of a car accident settlement is to adequately compensate you for your damages, the severity of those injuries is the driving factor in how much your settlement could be. Other aspects include the insurance policy in question, how your injuries have impacted your life, if you are to blame in any degree for your accident and the abilities of your Richmond, MO car crash attorney:
- The severity of your injuries — As more serious injuries lead to larger medical expenses and more time lost from work in Richmond, MO, they give rise to bigger settlements, particularly when including the pain and suffering multiplier.
- How your injuries have impacted your life — The greater the effect on your mental, emotional and physical well-being, the higher the noneconomic damages will be.
- The insurance policy — Missouri has a minimum insurance requirement of $25,000 for bodily injury, and while a skilled Richmond, MO car crash lawyer might be able to get you more, there are instances when you will be limited by the negligent driver's and/or your insurance policy limits.
- If you are partially to blame — With comparative negligence policies like Missouri law observes, you can still receive a financial recovery if you were partially to blame; however, the amount of compensation will be less. As an example, if you are awarded $100,000 in damages but it is found that you are 30 percent to blame for your crash, you would get $70,000. In Missouri, you can still receive compensation if you were 99 percent at fault.
- Your car accident lawyer — You need an aggressive and skilled Richmond, MO attorney to combat the insurance company and its tactics. Your auto accident lawyer will also need to conduct an investigation into your accident, prove liability on the part of the other driver and have a network of economic and medical experts in the Richmond, MO area and throughout MO to precisely calculate your claim. If the insurance company refuses to extend a fair settlement, you will need an experienced trial attorney with courtroom savvy that will stand by your side and argue your case in front of a jury.
What Tricks Do Insurance Companies Use To Avoid Paying Claims?
When you have a personal injury claim, be aware of the tricks insurance c …
Is It Worth It to Get a Lawyer for a Car Accident?
Is It Worth It to Get a Lawyer for a Car Accident? If you've been injured …
When Should I Hire an Attorney After a Car Accident?
When Should I Hire an Attorney After a Car Accident? If you were injured …
What Do I Do After an Auto Accident in Richmond, MO?
Auto accidents are never a pleasant experience, and they are frequently startling and frightening. However, it is crucial to keep a level head following an accident. According to the Burger Law Richmond, MO auto accident lawyers, you should follow these steps to ensure everyone’s safety and to get the premier results from your claim in Richmond, MO:
- Check to see if you or anyone else is injured. The most critical thing in a Richmond, MO car crash is everybody's well-being and safety. Check to see if anyone is injured and how significant their injuries are. If you or anyone is severely injured, call 911 right away. If you can and it is safe to do so, render aid to anyone who needs it.
- Get to safety. Do not move anyone who is severely injured until emergency medical technicians arrive, and warn other motor vehicles of the accident. If you are unable to move your vehicle, turn on the emergency lights and exit to get to the side of the road when it is safe. Otherwise, get your vehicle to the side of the road and out of the way of oncoming traffic to avoid a multi-car accident.
- Call the police. If you have not already called 911, call the Richmond, MO or county police. Missouri Revised Statute §303.040 requires Missouri drivers to report any motor vehicle accident that results in death, personal injury, or over $500 in property damage. If you are uncertain as to the extent of the damage or how bad your injuries are, err on the side of caution and call the police. Police in Richmond, MO are trained to provide an official account of what happened in accidents, and their report will go a long way in proving your claim and holding the other party accountable. It is also the law.
- Collect evidence and document the accident scene. Take pictures of all vehicles involved, any injuries you sustained and other parts of the scene, like the roadway around the crash. A lack of tire marks could help prove that the other driver was distracted and is responsible for the car crash. If the other driver was drunk, take pictures of law enforcement arresting them.
You should additionally swap insurance information with the other driver. If there were bystanders who could be eyewitnesses, collect their contact information so your Richmond, MO car accident lawyer will be able to take official depositions from them. As your memory will be freshest in the immediate aftermath, it is also a good idea to jot down everything you remember about the crash as some seemingly insignificant details may slip your mind that later turn out to be crucial.
- Get medical treatment. It is a good idea to go to an urgent care facility in the Richmond, MO area after a car accident, even if you do not think your injuries are severe. Occassionally, with some injuries, you may not deal with symptoms right away, and adrenaline can often disguise pain after a crash.
- Reach out to Burger Law. When you are seriously injured in a car crash, it is beneficial to find an informed lawyer who can help you navigate the difficulties of your case. An experienced, professional attorney who pushes back against bullies like resistant insurance companies is often the only way you can really receive maximum compensation for your injuries. Our attorneys have over 70 years of combined experience standing up for the injured in Richmond, MO. We know car accident claims and will be able to figure out precisely how much you are owed. Talking to us about your claim is free, so do not take a settlement offer before asking an auto accident lawyer if it is actually fair. We are also experienced trial lawyers, so if we cannot secure a fair financial recovery in negotiations, we will take the fight in front of a jury and a judge.
What Should I Look For When Choosing an Auto Accident Lawyer in Richmond, MO?
When it comes to selecting an auto accident lawyer in Richmond, MO, it is integral to do your research and find the ideal lawyer for the particulars of your case. Here are some key aspects to consider:
- Experience: A knowledgeable auto accident lawyer knows the intricacies of the legal system and be able to help you fight against bullying insurance companies. Burger Law has nearly 30 years of experience in the Richmond, MO area, and throughout Missouri, standing up to prosecutors and insurance companies on behalf of our clients.
- Specialization: Different attorneys specialize in different aspects of the law, and it is critical to find one who specializes in car crash cases. The Burger Law Richmond, MO auto accident lawyers not only specialize in car crash cases, we dedicate our careers to handling cases like yours and doing whatever it takes to get you full compensation for your medical bills, lost wages, various out-of-pocket expenses and the pain and suffering you have sustained because of your injuries.
- Reputation: It is also important to search for a lawyer who is known in the community and who has a good reputation. Ask around for recommendations and read online reviews, and you will notice Burger Law’s distinguished track record throughout the Richmond, MO area.
- Communication: It is important to find a lawyer in Richmond, MO who is easy to talk to and is willing to answer your questions. Gary Burger has literally written the book on absolutely essential questions to ask before you pick an attorney. Our attorneys always ensure you are in the know on what is going on with your case. We also handle all documentation, negotiation and litigation, also keeping you aware throughout these procedures. Call us right away at (314) 500-HURT or complete our online form.
Contact a Burger Law Richmond, MO Auto Accident Attorney
No matter if it is some other auto accident lawyer near Richmond, MO or an offer from an insurance company, do not settle for less than you deserve. Burger Law has experienced, aggressive and unwavering auto accident attorneys ready to stand by your side and fight for your rights throughout the life of your claim.
Give our Richmond, MO auto accident lawyer team a call now at (314) 500-HURT or reach out to us online. We do not collect any fees until we win your case. Get legal representation in Richmond, MO when you need it, and pay when you get paid.