Auto Accident Lawyer Rogersville, MO
Auto Accident Lawyer Rogersville, MO. If you or a loved one are seriously injured in an auto accident, Burger Law is the law firm to call in the Rogersville, MO area. Talk with an experienced Rogersville, MO auto accident lawyer right now at (314) 500-HURT or reach out to us online.
If you were seriously injured in a car crash, see how much your claim might be worth in Rogersville, MO, with our complimentary personal injury calculator.
The Burger Law attorneys fight for your rights and demands a complete recovery in your Rogersville, MO auto accident claim. Our legal team has successfully recovered more than $200 million in settlement and trial results for our clients in Rogersville, MO and throughout Missouri, featuring a multi-year legal battle resulting in a trial verdict of $113 million. The team will not stop until obtaining a complete recovery for you.
Burger Law’s Successful Missouri Auto Accident Claims
At Burger Law, we believe that results matter. Our Rogersville, MO clients want to know that we are giving 100 percent to a case and win the best possible settlement on their behalf. The following are some recent examples of car crash settlements we have won for clients:
- $300k Utility Terrain Vehicle Settlement
- On-Ramp Accident Leads to $327,000 Settlement
- $90,000 Settlement after Car Accident
- Head on Collision
- Rear End Accident Leads to $35,000 recovery
Injured in an Auto Accident? Contact a Rogersville, MO Auto Accident Lawyer
After an auto accident in Rogersville, MO, you should be focused on getting treatment for your injuries. You should not have to worry about battling your insurance company for the medical care you need, or wondering whether you are going to get the financial compensation for the recovery you need for the car accident, or even legal jargon and court dates. The Burger Law Rogersville, MO auto accident lawyers can concentrate all their efforts on the above facets.
Our attorneys are prepared to fight for your rights, making sure that you get complete compensation for the recovery you need and return to a normal life. Give one of our Rogersville, MO auto accident lawyers a call right now at (314) 500-HURT or fill out our online contact form. They are ready to confidentially discuss the specifics of your case for free with no obligation.
What Are the Most Common Causes of Auto Accidents in Rogersville, MO?
Although there are several possible hazardous events and conditions outside of our control that can contribute to crashes, most car crashes are caused by driver error. Auto accidents happen in what often feels like a blink of an eye. Research by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) estimates that human motorists are responsible for 94 percent of accidents that occur.
Some of the common causes of Rogersville, MO auto accidents include:
- Distracted Driving
- Texting and Driving
- Drunk Driving
- Hit and Run
- Construction Zones
- Failing to Yield
- Rain or Bad Weather
- Reckless Driving, including:
- Cutting another car off
- Weaving in and out of traffic
- Running red lights
- Blocking a car or changing speed to prevent another car from changing lanes, passing, etc.
- Refusing to use turn signals
- Forcing a car off the road
- Using high beams to interfere with another driver’s ability to see
What Is the Average Car Accident Settlement Amount in the Rogersville, MO Area?
Auto accidents are expensive. According to research from the Insurance Information Institute, property damage, injuries and deaths in motor vehicle accidents cost $474 billion in 2020. The NHTSA, approximates that motor vehicle accidents cost society $7,300 per second in loss of productivity.
In terms of the cost of paying out the average car accident settlement in Rogersville, MO, or anywhere for that matter, it can be hard to pinpoint an exact figure as many settlements are confidential. However, generally speaking, most of auto crash settlements come in between $15,000 and $20,000. Injuries requiring more extensive medical care frequently reach $50,000 to $100,000, while injuries causing permanent disability or, in the worst cases, wrongful death, can bring about damages of hundreds of thousands of dollars, if not millions.
In addition, we have extensive experience winning the following cases for our Rogersville, MO clients:
How Long Do I Have to File a Car Accident Claim in Rogersville, MO?
The state of Missouri's statute of limitations dictates how long you have after the date of your injuries from a Rogersville, MO auto accident to file your claim.
- In general, according to Missouri Revised Statute §516.120, you have five years from the date of your injury to file your auto accident injury claim in Rogersville, MO or elsewhere in Missouri.
- If you were under the age of 21 at the time of the injury, or were mentally incapacitated at the time, Missouri Revised Statute §516.170 says that you have 5 years after the date you turn 21 or that your "legal disability" ends.
- If you are injured by someone who was a resident of the state when the injury happened, but later left the state before you filed a lawsuit, Missouri Revised Statute §516.200 stipulates that the time the defendant is out of the state does not apply toward the five years.
If you have been injured in an auto accident in Rogersville, MO, the clock is already ticking for when you can make your claim. Do not hesitate, call the auto accident law firm of Burger Law now at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online to get justice and complete compensation for your injuries. We begin working on your Rogersville, MO case right away and do not stop until we win.
What Are the Factors That Determine an Auto Accident Settlement in Rogersville, MO?
As the purpose of an auto crash settlement is to fairly compensate you for your injuries, the seriousness of those injuries is the driving factor in how much your settlement could be. Other facets include how your injuries have impacted your life, the insurance policy in question, if you are to blame in any degree for your accident and the abilities of your Rogersville, MO car crash attorney:
- The seriousness of your injuries — As more severe injuries lead to larger medical expenses and more time lost from work in Rogersville, MO, they generate bigger settlements, especially when factoring in the pain and suffering multiplier.
- How your injuries have impacted your life — The greater the effect on your mental, emotional and physical well-being, the higher the noneconomic damages will be.
- The insurance policy — Missouri has a minimum insurance requirement of $25,000 for bodily injury, and while a skilled Rogersville, MO car crash lawyer might be able to get you more, there are instances where you will be limited by the negligent driver's and/or your insurance policy limits.
- If you are partially responsible — With comparative negligence policies like Missouri law observes, you can still be awarded financial compensation if you were partially responsible for the accident; but, the amount will be less. For example, if you are awarded $100,000 in damages but it is decided that you are 30 percent to blame for your accident, you would get $70,000. Even if you were 99 percent at fault, you can still receive compensation in Missouri.
- Your car accident lawyer — You need an aggressive and skilled Rogersville, MO attorney to fight the insurance company and its tactics. Your auto accident lawyer will also need to investigate your crash, prove liability on the part of the other motorist and have a network of medical and economic professionals in the Rogersville, MO area and throughout MO to accurately calculate your claim. If the insurance company refuses to offer a fair settlement, you will need a knowledgeable trial lawyer with courtroom savvy that will argue your case in front of a jury.
What Tricks Do Insurance Companies Use To Avoid Paying Claims?
When you have a personal injury claim, be aware of the tricks insurance c …
Is It Worth It to Get a Lawyer for a Car Accident?
Is It Worth It to Get a Lawyer for a Car Accident? If you've been injured …
When Should I Hire an Attorney After a Car Accident?
When Should I Hire an Attorney After a Car Accident? If you were injured …
What Do I Do After an Auto Accident in Rogersville, MO?
Car crashes are not a pleasant experience, and they are often frightening and startling. Yet, it is crucial to keep a level head in the aftermath of a crash. According to the Burger Law Rogersville, MO auto accident lawyers, you should follow these steps to ensure everyone’s well-being and to get the best results from your claim in Rogersville, MO:
- Check to see whether you or anyone else is injured. The most vital thing in a Rogersville, MO car crash is everybody's well-being and safety. Check to see if anyone is injured and how significant their injuries are. If you or anyone is seriously injured, call 911 immediately. If you are able and it is safe to do so, render first aid to anyone who needs it.
- Get to safety. If anyone is severely injured, do not move them until emergency medical technicians get there, and alert other motor vehicles of the accident. If you are unable to move your vehicle, turn on the emergency lights and exit to get to the side of the road whenever it is safe. Otherwise, move your vehicle to the side of the road and away from oncoming traffic to avoid a multi-car accident.
- Call the police. If you have not already called 911, call the Rogersville, MO or county police. Missouri Revised Statute §303.040 calls for Missouri drivers to report any motor vehicle crash that results in death, personal injury, or over $500 in property damage. If you are unsure as to the extent of the damage or how bad your injuries are, call the police and err on the side of caution. Not only is it the law, but police in Rogersville, MO are trained to offer an official account of what happened in accidents, and their report will go a long way in proving your claim and holding the other party accountable.
- Collect evidence and document the accident scene. Take pictures of all vehicles involved, any injuries you sustained and other parts of the scene, like the roadway around the crash. The lack of tire marks could be sufficient to prove that the other driver was distracted and is responsible for the car crash. If the other driver was drunk, take photos of law enforcement arresting them.
You should additionally trade insurance information with the other driver. If there were bystanders who could be eyewitnesses, get their contact information so that your Rogersville, MO auto accident lawyer will be able to take official depositions from them. As your memory will be freshest in the immediate aftermath, it is also a good idea to jot down all that comes to mind about the crash as you may forget seemingly insignificant details that later turn out to be critical.
- Get medical treatment. It is a good idea to go to an urgent care facility in the Rogersville, MO area after a car accident, even if you do not think your injuries are severe. With some injuries, you may not experience symptoms immediately, and adrenaline can frequently mask pain after an accident.
- Reach out to Burger Law. When you are seriously hurt in an auto accident, it is essential to find a knowledgeable lawyer who can help you navigate the twists and turns of your case. An experienced attorney who fights back against resistant insurance companies is often the lone way you can truly receive maximum compensation for your injuries. Our attorneys have over 70 years of combined experience standing up for the injured in Rogersville, MO. We will be able to calculate exactly how much you are owed because we know car accident claims. Talking to us about your claim is free, so it is vital to never approve a settlement offer before asking an auto accident lawyer if it is actually fair. We are also knowledgeable trial lawyers, so if we cannot negotiate a fair financial recovery, we will take the fight to a judge and jury.
What Should I Look For When Selecting an Auto Accident Lawyer in Rogersville, MO?
When it comes to choosing an auto accident lawyer in Rogersville, MO, it is integral to do your homework and locate the right lawyer for the finer points of your case. The following are some key aspects to ponder:
- Experience: A knowledgeable auto accident lawyer knows the ins and outs of the legal system and be able to help you fight against bullying insurance companies. Burger Law has over three decades of experience in the Rogersville, MO area, and throughout Missouri, standing up to insurance companies and prosecutors on behalf of our clients.
- Specialization: Different attorneys are accomplished in different specifics of the law, and it is critical to find one who specializes in auto accident cases. The Burger Law Rogersville, MO auto accident attorneys are not only well versed in car crash cases, we dedicate our careers to handling cases like yours and doing whatever it takes to get you full compensation for your lost wages, medical bills, other out-of-pocket expenses and the pain and suffering you have sustained because of your injuries.
- Reputation: It is also important to locate a lawyer who is known in the community and who has a good reputation. Ask around for recommendations and read online reviews, and you will notice Burger Law’s stellar track record throughout the Rogersville, MO area.
- Communication: It is important to locate an attorney in Rogersville, MO who is willing to answer your questions and is easy to talk to. Gary Burger has literally written the book on the absolutely essential questions to ask before you pick a lawyer. Our team always make sure you updated on what is going on with your case. Additionally, we handle all documentation, negotiation and litigation, also keeping you in the know throughout these procedures. Call us right away at (314) 500-HURT or complete our online form.
Contact a Burger Law Rogersville, MO Auto Accident Attorney
Whether it is some other auto accident lawyer near Rogersville, MO or an offer from an insurance company, do not settle for less than you deserve. Burger Law has experienced, aggressive and unwavering auto accident lawyers ready and willing to stand in your corner and fight for your rights throughout your claim.
Call our Rogersville, MO auto accident lawyers today at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online. We do not collect any fees until we win your case. Get legal representation in Rogersville, MO when you need it, and pay when you get paid.