Auto Accident Lawyer Scott City, MO
Auto Accident Lawyer Scott City, MO. If you or a loved one are seriously injured in an auto accident, Burger Law is the law firm to contact in the Scott City, MO area. Talk with an experienced Scott City, MO auto accident lawyer immediately at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online.
If you were injured in a car crash, see how much your claim might be worth in Scott City, MO, with our free personal injury calculator.
The Burger Law lawyers fight for your rights and demands a complete recovery in your Scott City, MO auto accident claim. Our legal team has successfully recovered over $200 million in settlement and trial results for our clients in Scott City, MO and throughout Missouri, featuring a multi-year legal battle resulting in a trial verdict of $113 million. Our lawyers will stop nothing short of the best possible recovery for you and your family.
Burger Law’s Successful Missouri Auto Accident Claims
At Burger Law, we believe that results matter. Our Scott City, MO clients want to know that we are providing our entire attention to a case and win the best possible settlement on their behalf. The following are some recent examples of auto accident settlements we have won for clients:
- $300k Utility Terrain Vehicle Settlement
- On-Ramp Accident Leads to $327,000 Settlement
- $90,000 Settlement after Car Accident
- Head on Collision
- Rear End Accident Leads to $35,000 recovery
Injured in an Auto Accident? Contact a Scott City, MO Auto Accident Lawyer
After an auto accident in Scott City, MO, you should be able to concentrate on getting your injuries treated. You should not have to be concerned with battling your insurance company for the medical care you need, or worrying about whether you are going to get the financial recovery you need for the car accident, or even legal jargon and court dates. The Burger Law Scott City, MO auto accident attorneys can focus all their efforts on all of the above.
Our lawyers are prepared to fight for your rights, ensure that you receive complete compensation for the recovery you need and return to a normal life. Call one of our Scott City, MO auto accident lawyers now at (314) 500-HURT or fill out our online contact form. They are prepared to confidentially discuss the specifics of your case for free with no obligation.
What Are the Most Common Causes of Auto Accidents in Scott City, MO?
Although there are several possible hazardous conditions and events outside of our control that can contribute to crashes, most car crashes are caused by driver error. Auto accidents happen in what often feels like a blink of an eye. Research by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) estimates that human operators are responsible for 94 percent of crashes that take place.
Some of the most common causes of Scott City, MO auto accidents are:
- Distracted Driving
- Texting and Driving
- Drunk Driving
- Hit and Run
- Construction Zones
- Failing to Yield
- Rain or Bad Weather
- Reckless Driving, including:
- Cutting another car off
- Weaving in and out of traffic
- Running red lights
- Blocking a car or changing speed to prevent another car from changing lanes, passing, etc.
- Refusing to use turn signals
- Forcing a car off the road
- Using high beams to interfere with another driver’s ability to see
What Is the Average Car Accident Settlement Amount in the Scott City, MO Area?
Auto accidents are expensive. According to the Insurance Information Institute, deaths, injuries and property damage in auto accidents cost $474 billion in 2020. The NHTSA, approximates that motor vehicle accidents cost society $7,300 per second in productivity lost.
In terms of the cost of paying out the average car accident settlement in Scott City, MO, or anywhere for that matter, it can be hard to pinpoint an exact figure as many settlements are confidential. But, generally speaking, most of car crash settlements come in between $15,000 and $20,000. Injuries requiring more substantial medical care often reach $50,000 to $100,000, while injuries causing permanent disability or, in the worst cases, wrongful death, can bring about damages of hundreds of thousands of dollars, if not millions.
In addition, we have extensive experience winning the following cases for our Scott City, MO clients:
How Long Do I Have to File a Car Accident Claim in Scott City, MO?
Once you are injured in a Scott City, MO auto accident, the state of Missouri's statute of limitations dictates how long you have after the date of the accident to file your claim.
- Generally speaking, according to Missouri Revised Statute §516.120, you have 5 years from the date of your injury to file your auto accident injury claim in Scott City, MO or elsewhere in Missouri.
- If you were under the age of 21 at the time of the injury, or were mentally incapacitated at the time, Missouri Revised Statute §516.170 states that you have 5 years after the date you turn 21 or that your "legal disability" ends.
- If you are harmed by someone who was a resident of the state when the injury occurred, but left the state at a later date before you filed a lawsuit, Missouri Revised Statute §516.200 says that the time the defendant is out of Missouri does not apply toward the 5 years.
The clock is already ticking for when you can make your claim, if you have been hurt in a Scott City, MO auto accident. Do not prolong this, call the auto accident law firm of Burger Law as soon as possible at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online to get justice and maximum compensation for your injuries. We begin working on your Scott City, MO claim immediately and do not stop until we win.
What Are the Factors That Determine an Auto Accident Settlement in Scott City, MO?
As the purpose of an auto crash settlement is to reasonable compensate you for your damages, the seriousness of those injuries is the driving element in how much your settlement may be. Other factors include how your injuries have impacted your life, the insurance policy in question, if you bear any responsibility for your accident and the capabilities of your Scott City, MO auto accident lawyer:
- The seriousness of your injuries — As more major injuries lead to larger medical expenses and more time lost from work in Scott City, MO, they give rise to higher settlements, especially when adding in the pain and suffering multiplier.
- How your injuries have impacted your life — The greater the effect on your mental, emotional and physical well-being, the higher the noneconomic damages will be.
- The insurance policy — Missouri has a minimum insurance requirement of $25,000 for bodily injury, and while a skilled Scott City, MO car crash lawyer may be able to get you more, there are instances where you will be limited by the negligent driver's and/or your insurance policy limits.
- If you are partially to blame — With comparative negligence policies like Missouri law observes, you can still receive a financial recovery if you were partially to blame; however, the amount will be less. For example, if you are awarded $100,000 in damages but it is found that you are responsible for 30 percent of the blame for your accident, you would receive $70,000. Even if you were 99 percent at fault, you can still receive compensation in Missouri.
- Your car accident lawyer — You need an aggressive and skilled Scott City, MO attorney to fight the insurance company's tricks. Your auto accident lawyer will also need to look into your accident, prove liability on the part of the other driver and have a network of economic and medical experts in the Scott City, MO area and throughout MO to precisely calculate your claim. If the insurance company refuses to extend a fair settlement in negotiation, you will need an experienced trial attorney with courtroom savvy that will stand by your side and argue your case in front of a jury.
What Tricks Do Insurance Companies Use To Avoid Paying Claims?
When you have a personal injury claim, be aware of the tricks insurance c …
Is It Worth It to Get a Lawyer for a Car Accident?
Is It Worth It to Get a Lawyer for a Car Accident? If you've been injured …
When Should I Hire an Attorney After a Car Accident?
When Should I Hire an Attorney After a Car Accident? If you were injured …
What Do I Do After an Auto Accident in Scott City, MO?
Auto accidents are not a pleasant experience, and they are often startling and frightening. However, it is crucial to stay calm in the aftermath of a crash. According to the Burger Law Scott City, MO auto accident lawyers, you should follow these steps to ensure everyone’s safety and to get the best results from your claim in Scott City, MO:
- Check to see whether you or anyone else is injured. The most important thing in a Scott City, MO car crash is everybody's safety and well-being. Check to see if anyone is injured and how severe their injuries are. If there are severe injuries to you or anyone else, call 911 immediately. If you can and it is safe to do so, render first aid to anyone who needs it.
- Get to safety. Do not move anyone who is severely injured until emergency medical technicians get there, and warn other vehicles of the accident. If you cannot move your vehicle, turn on the emergency lights and exit to get to the side of the road whenever it is safe. Otherwise, get your vehicle to the side of the road and away from oncoming traffic so no one ends up in a multi-car accident.
- Call the police. If you have not already called 911, call the Scott City, MO or county police. Missouri Revised Statute §303.040 demands Missouri drivers to report any motor vehicle crash that results in personal injury, death, or over $500 in property damage. If you are unsure as to the extent of the damage or how severe your injuries are, err on the side of caution and call the police. Not only is it the law, but police in Scott City, MO are trained to provide an official account of what happened in accidents, and their report will go a long way in proving your claim and holding the other party accountable.
- Collect evidence and document the accident scene. Take pictures of all vehicles involved, any injuries you sustained and other parts of the scene, such as the roadway around the accident. A lack of tire marks could help prove that the other driver was distracted and is responsible for the auto accident. If the other driver was drunk, take pictures of the authorities arresting them.
You should also exchange insurance information with the other driver. If there were eyewitnesses, collect their contact information so that your Scott City, MO auto accident lawyer will be able to take official depositions from them. As your memory will be freshest in the immediate aftermath, it is also a good idea to jot down all that comes to mind about the accident as you may forget seemingly insignificant details that later turn out to be crucial.
- Get medical treatment. Even if you do not believe your injuries are severe, it is a good idea to go to an urgent care facility in the Scott City, MO area after a car accident. With some injuries, you may not deal with symptoms right away, and adrenaline can frequently mask pain after an accident.
- Contact Burger Law. When you are seriously injured in a car crash, it is essential to find a knowledgeable lawyer who can assist in navigating the complexities of your case. An experienced attorney who pushes back against resistant insurance companies is often the lone way you can truly receive maximum compensation for your injuries. We have more than 70 years of combined experience standing up for the injured in Scott City, MO. We know car accident claims and will be able to calculate exactly how much you are owed. Talking to us about your claim is free, so it is important to never approve a settlement offer prior to asking an auto accident lawyer if it is actually adequate. Additionally, we are knowledgeable trial attorneys, so if we cannot secure a fair financial recovery in negotiations, we will move the fight to a judge and jury.
What Should I Look For When Choosing an Auto Accident Lawyer in Scott City, MO?
When it comes to picking an auto accident lawyer in Scott City, MO, it is important to do your research and find the ideal attorney for the particulars of your case. Here are some key aspects to ponder:
- Experience: An experienced auto accident attorney knows the intricacies of the legal system and be able to help you fight against bullying insurance companies. Burger Law has over three decades of experience in the Scott City, MO area, and throughout Missouri, standing up to prosecutors and insurance companies on behalf of our clients.
- Specialization: Different lawyers specialize in different aspects of the law, and it is important to find one who specializes in auto accident cases. The Burger Law Scott City, MO auto accident attorneys not only specialize in car crash cases, we dedicate our careers to handling cases like yours and doing whatever it takes to get you full compensation for your lost wages, medical bills, other out-of-pocket expenses and the pain and suffering you have incurred due to your injuries.
- Reputation: It is also essential to locate a lawyer who is known in the community and who has a solid reputation. Ask around for recommendations and read online reviews, and you will see Burger Law’s stellar track record throughout the Scott City, MO area.
- Communication: It is vital to locate an attorney in Scott City, MO who is easy to talk to and is willing to answer your questions. Gary Burger has literally written the book on absolutely essential questions to ask before you choose an attorney. Our team always make sure you updated on what is going on with your case. Additionally, we handle all documentation, negotiation and litigation, also keeping you in the know throughout these processes. Call us as soon as possible at (314) 500-HURT or complete our online form.
Reach Out To a Burger Law Scott City, MO Auto Accident Attorney
No matter if it is some other auto accident lawyer near Scott City, MO or an offer from an insurance company, do not settle for less than you deserve. Burger Law has knowledgeable, aggressive and unwavering auto accident attorneys ready and willing to stand by your side and fight for your rights throughout the life of your claim.
Call our Scott City, MO auto accident lawyers today at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online. We do not collect any fees until we win your case. Get legal representation in Scott City, MO when you need it, and pay when you get paid.