Auto Accident Lawyer Smithville, MO
Auto Accident Lawyer Smithville, MO. When you or a loved one are seriously injured in an auto accident, Burger Law is the law firm to turn to in the Smithville, MO area. Talk with a knowledgeable Smithville, MO auto accident lawyer immediately at (314) 500-HURT or reach out to us online.
If you were injured in a car crash, see how much your claim might be worth in Smithville, MO, with our complimentary personal injury calculator.
The Burger Law attorneys fight for your rights and demands a complete recovery in your Smithville, MO auto accident claim. Our lawyers have successfully recovered more than $200 million in settlement and trial results for our clients in Smithville, MO and throughout Missouri, including a multi-year legal battle resulting in a trial verdict of $113 million. They will stop nothing short of a complete recovery for you and your family.
Burger Law’s Successful Missouri Auto Accident Claims
At Burger Law, we believe that results matter. Our Smithville, MO clients want to know that we are providing our complete attention to a case and win the best possible settlement on their behalf. Below are some recent examples of auto accident settlements we have won for clients:
- $300k Utility Terrain Vehicle Settlement
- On-Ramp Accident Leads to $327,000 Settlement
- $90,000 Settlement after Car Accident
- Head on Collision
- Rear End Accident Leads to $35,000 recovery
Injured in an Auto Accident? Contact a Smithville, MO Auto Accident Lawyer
After an auto accident in Smithville, MO, you should be focused on getting treatment for your injuries. You should not have to worry about battling your insurance company for the care you need, or wondering whether you are going to get the financial compensation for the recovery you need for the car accident, or even legal jargon and court dates. The Burger Law Smithville, MO auto accident attorneys can concentrate all their efforts on the above facets.
Our lawyers are prepared to fight for your rights, making sure that you get complete compensation for the recovery you need and return to a normal life. Give one of our Smithville, MO auto accident lawyers a call right away at (314) 500-HURT or fill out our online contact form. They are able to confidentially discuss the specifics of your case for free with no obligation.
What Are the Most Common Causes of Auto Accidents in Smithville, MO?
Auto accidents happen in what often feels like a blink of an eye. Although there are several possible dangerous events and conditions outside of our purview that can contribute to crashes, the majority of auto accidents are caused by driver error. Research by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) estimates that human motorists are responsible for 94 percent of crashes that take place.
Some of the most common causes of Smithville, MO car crashes are:
- Distracted Driving
- Texting and Driving
- Drunk Driving
- Hit and Run
- Construction Zones
- Failing to Yield
- Rain or Bad Weather
- Reckless Driving, including:
- Cutting another car off
- Weaving in and out of traffic
- Running red lights
- Blocking a car or changing speed to prevent another car from changing lanes, passing, etc.
- Refusing to use turn signals
- Forcing a car off the road
- Using high beams to interfere with another driver’s ability to see
What Is the Average Car Accident Settlement Amount in the Smithville, MO Area?
Auto accidents are costly. According to research from the Insurance Information Institute, property damage, injuries and deaths in auto accidents cost $474 billion in 2020. The NHTSA, estimates that motor vehicle accidents cost society $7,300 per second in productivity lost.
It can be hard to pinpoint a precise figure as the specifics of each case vary and many settlement amounts are confidential, in terms of the average car accident settlement in Smithville, MO, or anywhere for that matter. However, generally speaking, the majority of car accident settlements come in between $15,000 and $20,000. Injuries calling for more comprehensive medical care frequently reach $50,000 to $100,000, while injuries causing permanent disability or, in the worst cases, wrongful death, can bring about damages of hundreds of thousands of dollars, if not millions.
In addition, we have extensive experience winning the following cases for our Smithville, MO clients:
How Long Do I Have to File a Car Accident Claim in Smithville, MO?
The state of Missouri's statute of limitations dictates how long you have after the date of your injuries from a Smithville, MO auto accident to file your claim.
- In general terms, according to Missouri Revised Statute §516.120, you have 5 years from the date of your injury to file your auto accident injury claim in Smithville, MO or elsewhere in Missouri.
- If you were under the age of 21 at the time of the injury, or were mentally incapacitated at the time, Missouri Revised Statute §516.170 says that you have 5 years after the date you turn 21 or that your "legal disability" ends.
- If you are hurt by someone who was a resident of the state when the injury occurred, but later left the state before you filed a lawsuit, Missouri Revised Statute §516.200 says that the time the defendant is out of Missouri does not apply toward the five years.
If you have been injured in an auto accident in Smithville, MO, the clock is already ticking for when you can make your claim. Do not wait, call the auto accident law firm of Burger Law as soon as possible at (314) 500-HURT or reach out to us online to get justice and complete compensation for your injuries. We start working on your Smithville, MO case immediately and do not rest until we win your case.
What Are the Factors That Determine an Auto Accident Settlement in Smithville, MO?
As the meaning of a car crash settlement is to reasonable compensate you for your damages, the severity of those injuries is the compelling element in how much your settlement may be. Other aspects include the insurance policy in question, how your injuries have impacted your life, if you bear any responsibility for your accident and the capabilities of your Smithville, MO car accident lawyer:
- The seriousness of your injuries — As more major injuries lead to larger medical expenses and more time lost from work in Smithville, MO, they generate higher settlements, particularly when including the pain and suffering multiplier.
- How your injuries have impacted your life — The greater the effect on your physical, emotional and mental well-being, the higher the noneconomic damages will be.
- The insurance policy — Missouri has a minimum insurance requirement of $25,000 for bodily injury, and while a skilled Smithville, MO car crash lawyer might be able to get you more, there are instances when the compensation is dependant upon the negligent driver's and/or your insurance policy limits.
- If you are partially to blame — With comparative negligence policies like Missouri law observes, you can still be awarded a financial recovery if you were partially to blame; but, the total amount will be less. As an example, if you are awarded $100,000 in damages but it is found that you are 30 percent to blame for your accident, you would receive $70,000. In Missouri, you can still receive compensation if you were 99 percent at fault.
- Your car accident lawyer — You need a skilled and aggressive Smithville, MO lawyer to combat the insurance company and its tactics. Your auto accident attorney will also need to investigate your accident, prove liability on the part of the other motorist and have a network of economic and medical professionals in the Smithville, MO area and throughout MO to precisely value your claim. If the insurance company refuses to proffer a fair settlement, you will need an experienced trial lawyer with courtroom savvy that will stand by your side and argue your case in front of a jury.
What Tricks Do Insurance Companies Use To Avoid Paying Claims?
When you have a personal injury claim, be aware of the tricks insurance c …
Is It Worth It to Get a Lawyer for a Car Accident?
Is It Worth It to Get a Lawyer for a Car Accident? If you've been injured …
When Should I Hire an Attorney After a Car Accident?
When Should I Hire an Attorney After a Car Accident? If you were injured …
What Do I Do After an Auto Accident in Smithville, MO?
Auto accidents are not a pleasant experience, and they are often frightening and startling. But, it is important to stay calm in the aftermath of an accident. You should follow these steps to ensure everyone’s well-being and to receive the premier results from your claim in Smithville, MO:
- Check to see if you or anyone else is injured. The most critical thing in a Smithville, MO auto accident is everybody's safety and well-being. Assess the scene to see if anyone is injured and how significant their injuries are. If there are serious injuries to you or anyone else, call 911 immediately. If you can and it is safe to do so, render first aid to anyone who needs it.
- Get to safety. If anyone is severely injured, do not move them until emergency medical technicians get there, and alert other vehicles of the crash. If you cannot move your vehicle, turn on the emergency lights and exit to get to the side of the road whenever it is safe. Otherwise, move your vehicle to the side of the road and away from oncoming traffic to avoid a multi-car accident.
- Phone the police. If you have not already called 911, call the Smithville, MO or county police. Missouri Revised Statute §303.040 demands Missouri motorists to report any motor vehicle accident that ends in personal injury, death, or over $500 in property damage. If you are uncertain as to the extent of the damage or how severe your injuries are, err on the side of caution and call the police. Police in Smithville, MO are trained to provide an official, accurate account of what happened in accidents, and their report will go a long way in proving your claim and holding the other party accountable. It is also the law.
- Document the accident scene and collect evidence. Take photos of all vehicles involved, any injuries you sustained and other parts of the scene, like the roadway surrounding the crash. The lack of tire marks could help prove that the other driver was distracted and is responsible for the auto accident. If the other driver was drunk, take pictures of the authorities arresting them.
You should additionally exchange insurance information with the other driver. If there were eyewitnesses, collect their contact information so that your Smithville, MO car accident lawyer can take official depositions from them. As your memory will be freshest in the immediate aftermath, it is also a good idea to write down all that comes to mind about the accident as some seemingly insignificant details may slip your mind that later turn out to be crucial.
- Get medical treatment. Even if you do not think your injuries are severe, it is a good idea to go to an urgent care facility in the Smithville, MO area after a car accident. Occassionally, with some injuries, adrenaline can frequently disguise pain and you may not deal with symptoms immediately after a crash.
- Contact Burger Law. When you are seriously injured in a car crash, it is beneficial to find an informed attorney who can help you navigate the twists and turns of your case. An experienced, professional attorney who fights back against bullies like resistant insurance companies is frequently the lone way you can really receive maximum compensation for your damages. Our lawyers have over 70 years of combined experience standing up for the injured in Smithville, MO. We will be able to figure out exactly how much you are owed because we know car accident claims. Talking to us about your claim is free, so it is vital to never accept a settlement offer prior to asking an auto accident attorney if it is actually fair. We are also knowledgeable trial lawyers, so if we cannot secure a fair financial recovery in negotiations, we will take the fight in front of a judge and jury.
What Should I Look For When Choosing an Auto Accident Lawyer in Smithville, MO?
When it comes to picking an auto accident lawyer in Smithville, MO, it is integral to do your homework and locate the right lawyer for the specifics of your case. Here are some key aspects to consider:
- Experience: A knowledgeable auto accident lawyer knows the intricacies of the legal system and be able to help you fight against bullying insurance companies. Burger Law has over three decades of experience in the Smithville, MO area, and throughout Missouri, standing up to insurance companies and prosecutors on behalf of our clients.
- Specialization: Different lawyers specialize in different areas of the law, and it is critical to locate one who specializes in auto accident cases. The Burger Law Smithville, MO auto accident attorneys are not only well steeped in car crash cases, we dedicate our careers to handling cases like yours and doing whatever it takes to get you full compensation for your medical bills, lost wages, various out-of-pocket expenses and the pain and suffering you have sustained because of your injuries.
- Reputation: It is also essential to look for a lawyer who is known in the community and who has a good reputation. Ask around for recommendations and read online reviews, and you will see Burger Law’s stellar track record throughout the Smithville, MO area.
- Communication: It is important to locate an attorney in Smithville, MO who is easy to talk to and is willing to answer your questions. Gary Burger has literally written the book on absolutely essential questions to ask before you select an attorney. Our attorneys always ensure you know what is transpiring in your case. Additionally, we deal with all negotiation, documentation and litigation, also keeping you in the loop throughout these processes. Call us right away at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online.
Reach Out To a Burger Law Smithville, MO Auto Accident Lawyer
Do not settle for less than you deserve, whether it is some other Smithville, MO auto accident attorney or an offer from an insurance company. Burger Law has knowledgeable, aggressive and unwavering auto accident lawyers ready and willing to stand by your side and fight for your rights throughout the life of your claim.
Call our Smithville, MO auto accident lawyers today at (314) 500-HURT or reach out to us online. We do not collect any fees until we win your case. Get legal representation in Smithville, MO when you need it, and pay when you get paid.