Auto Accident Lawyer St. Charles, MO
Auto Accident Lawyer St. Charles, MO. When you or a loved one are seriously injured in an auto accident, Burger Law is the law firm to contact in the St. Charles, MO area. Talk with an experienced St. Charles, MO auto accident lawyer immediately at (314) 500-HURT or reach out to us online.
If you were seriously injured in a car crash, find out how much your claim may be worth in St. Charles, MO, with our complimentary personal injury calculator.
The Burger Law attorneys fight for your rights and demands a complete recovery in your St. Charles, MO car crash claim. Our legal team has successfully recovered more than $200 million in settlement and trial results for our clients in St. Charles, MO and throughout Missouri, featuring a multi-year legal battle resulting in a trial verdict of $113 million. The team will not stop until obtaining a complete recovery for you and your family.
Burger Law’s Successful Missouri Auto Accident Claims
At Burger Law, we believe that results matter. Our St. Charles, MO clients want to know that we are giving 100 percent to a case and win the best possible settlement on their behalf. The following are some recent examples of car crash settlements we have won for clients:
- $300k Utility Terrain Vehicle Settlement
- On-Ramp Accident Leads to $327,000 Settlement
- $90,000 Settlement after Car Accident
- Head on Collision
- Rear End Accident Leads to $35,000 recovery
Injured in an Auto Accident? Contact a St. Charles, MO Auto Accident Lawyer
After an auto accident in St. Charles, MO, you should be focused on getting your injuries treated. You should not have to worry about fighting your insurance company for the care you need, or worrying about whether you are going to receive the financial recovery you deserve for the car accident, or even legal jargon and court dates. The Burger Law St. Charles, MO auto accident attorneys can focus all their efforts on the above facets.
Our lawyers are ready to fight for your rights, making sure that you receive complete compensation for the recovery you deserve and get back to a normal life. Give one of our St. Charles, MO auto accident lawyers a call right now at (314) 500-HURT or fill out our online contact form. They are prepared to confidentially discuss your case for free with no obligation.
What Are the Most Common Causes of Auto Accidents in St. Charles, MO?
Although there are some possible hazardous conditions and events outside of our control that can contribute to crashes, the majority of car crashes are caused by driver error. Auto accidents happen in what often feels like a blink of an eye. Research by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) estimates that human operators are responsible for 94 percent of accidents that take place.
Some of the most common causes of St. Charles, MO car crashes include:
- Distracted Driving
- Texting and Driving
- Drunk Driving
- Hit and Run
- Construction Zones
- Failing to Yield
- Rain or Bad Weather
- Reckless Driving, including:
- Cutting another car off
- Weaving in and out of traffic
- Running red lights
- Blocking a car or changing speed to prevent another car from changing lanes, passing, etc.
- Refusing to use turn signals
- Forcing a car off the road
- Using high beams to interfere with another driver’s ability to see
What Is the Average Car Accident Settlement Amount in the St. Charles, MO Area?
Auto accidents are costly. According to research from the Insurance Information Institute, deaths, injuries and property damage in auto accidents cost $474 billion in 2020. The NHTSA, estimates that motor vehicle accidents cost society $7,300 per second in loss of productivity.
It can be difficult to pinpoint an exact amount as the specifics of each case vary and many settlement amounts are confidential, in terms of the average car accident settlement in St. Charles, MO, or anywhere for that matter. However, generally speaking, the majority of car crash settlements come in between $15,000 and $20,000. Injuries requiring more substantial medical care frequently reach $50,000 to $100,000, while injuries causing permanent disability or, in the worst cases, wrongful death, can result in damages of hundreds of thousands of dollars, if not millions.
In addition, we have extensive experience winning the following cases for our St. Charles, MO clients:
How Long Do I Have to File a Car Accident Claim in St. Charles, MO?
The state of Missouri's statute of limitations dictates how long you have after the date of your injuries from a St. Charles, MO auto accident to file your claim.
- Generally speaking, according to Missouri Revised Statute §516.120, you have 5 years from the date of your injury to file your personal injury claim in St. Charles, MO or elsewhere in Missouri.
- If you were under the age of 21 at the time of the injury, or were mentally incapacitated at the time, Missouri Revised Statute §516.170 states that you have 5 years after the date you turn 21 or that your "legal disability" ends.
- If you are hurt by someone who was a resident of the state when the injury occurred, but later left the state before you filed a lawsuit, Missouri Revised Statute §516.200 stipulates that the time the defendant is out of the state does not apply toward the five years.
The clock is already ticking for when you can make your claim, if you have been hurt in a St. Charles, MO auto accident. Do not prolong this, give the auto accident law firm of Burger Law a call today at (314) 500-HURT or reach out to us online to get justice and maximum compensation for your injuries. We begin working on your St. Charles, MO case right away and do not rest until we win your case.
What Are the Factors That Determine an Auto Accident Settlement in St. Charles, MO?
As the purpose of an auto crash settlement is to adequately compensate you for your injuries, the seriousness of those injuries is the driving element in how much your settlement might be. Other aspects include how your injuries have impacted your life, the insurance policy in question, if you are to blame in any degree for your accident and the capabilities of your St. Charles, MO auto crash lawyer:
- The seriousness of your injuries — As more serious injuries lead to higher medical expenses and more time lost from work in St. Charles, MO, they generate higher settlements, particularly when adding in the pain and suffering multiplier.
- How your injuries have impacted your life — The greater the effect on your mental, emotional and physical well-being, the higher the noneconomic damages will be.
- The insurance policy — Missouri has a minimum insurance requirement of $25,000 for bodily injury, and while a skilled St. Charles, MO car crash lawyer may be able to get you more, there are occasions where you will be limited by the negligent driver's and/or your insurance policy limits.
- If you are partially to blame — With comparative negligence policies like Missouri law observes, you can still get financial compensation if you were partially to blame; but, the total amount will be less. For example, if you are awarded $100,000 in damages but it is decided that you are 30 percent to blame for your accident, you would receive $70,000. In Missouri, you can still receive compensation if you were 99 percent at fault.
- Your car accident lawyer — You need an aggressive and skilled St. Charles, MO attorney to combat the insurance company's tricks. Your auto accident attorney will also need to investigate your crash, prove liability on the part of the other motorist and have a network of medical and economic professionals in the St. Charles, MO area and throughout MO to precisely value your claim. If the insurance company refuses to proffer a fair settlement in negotiation, you will need a knowledgeable trial attorney with courtroom savvy that will stand by your side and argue your case in front of a jury.
What Tricks Do Insurance Companies Use To Avoid Paying Claims?
When you have a personal injury claim, be aware of the tricks insurance c …
Is It Worth It to Get a Lawyer for a Car Accident?
Is It Worth It to Get a Lawyer for a Car Accident? If you've been injured …
When Should I Hire an Attorney After a Car Accident?
When Should I Hire an Attorney After a Car Accident? If you were injured …
What Do I Do After an Auto Accident in St. Charles, MO?
Car crashes are not a pleasant experience, and they are often frightening and startling. Yet, it is important to stay calm in the aftermath of an accident. According to the Burger Law St. Charles, MO auto accident lawyers, you should follow these steps to ensure everyone’s well-being and to get the premier results from your claim in St. Charles, MO:
- Check to see if you or anyone else is injured. The most vital thing in a St. Charles, MO car crash is everybody's safety and well-being. Check to see if anyone is injured and how significant their injuries are. If you or anyone is severely injured, call 911 right away. If you are able and it is safe to do so, render first aid to anyone who needs it.
- Get to safety. Do not move anyone who is severely injured until emergency medical personnel arrive, and alert other motor vehicles of the accident. If you cannot move your vehicle, turn on the emergency lights and exit to get to the side of the road when it is safe. Otherwise, move your vehicle to the side of the road and away from oncoming traffic to avoid a multi-car accident.
- Phone the police. Call the St. Charles, MO or county police if you have not already dialed 911. Missouri Revised Statute §303.040 requires Missouri motorists to report any motor vehicle accident that ends in personal injury, death, or over $500 in property damage. If you are unsure as to the extent of the damage or how bad your injuries are, call the police and err on the side of caution. Not only is it the law, but police in St. Charles, MO are trained to provide an official, accurate account of what happened in accidents, and their report will go a long way in proving your claim and holding the other party accountable.
- Document the accident scene and collect evidence. Take photos of all vehicles involved, any injuries you sustained and other parts of the scene, like the roadway around the accident. A lack of tire marks may help prove that the other driver was distracted and is responsible for the auto accident. If the other driver was drunk, take photos of law enforcement arresting them.
You should also exchange insurance information with the other driver. If there were bystanders who could be eyewitnesses, collect their contact information so that your St. Charles, MO car accident lawyer can take official depositions from them. As your memory will be freshest in the immediate aftermath, it is also a good idea to jot down all that comes to mind about the crash as you may forget seemingly insignificant details that later turn out to be crucial.
- Get medical treatment. Even if you do not think your injuries are severe, it is a good idea to go to an urgent care facility in the St. Charles, MO area after a car accident. Occassionally, with some injuries, you may not experience symptoms immediately, and adrenaline can frequently disguise pain after an accident.
- Contact Burger Law. When you are seriously hurt in an auto accident, it is essential to find a knowledgeable lawyer who can help you navigate the twists and turns of your case. An experienced attorney who pushes back against bullies like resistant insurance companies is frequently the only way you can really receive maximum compensation for your damages. Our attorneys have more than 70 years of combined experience standing up for the injured in St. Charles, MO. We know car accident claims and will be able to calculate exactly how much you are owed. Talking to us about your claim is free, so do not approve a settlement offer before asking an auto accident attorney if it is really adequate. We are also knowledgeable trial attorneys, so if we cannot secure a fair financial recovery in negotiations, we will take the fight to a judge and jury.
What Should I Look For When Choosing an Auto Accident Lawyer in St. Charles, MO?
When it comes to picking an auto accident lawyer in St. Charles, MO, it is important to do your homework and find the right lawyer for the particulars of your case. Here are some key aspects to ponder:
- Experience: A knowledgeable auto accident attorney knows the ins and outs of the legal system and be able to help you fight against bullying insurance companies. Burger Law has nearly 30 years of experience in the St. Charles, MO area, and throughout Missouri, standing up to insurance companies and prosecutors on behalf of our clients.
- Specialization: Different attorneys specialize in different aspects of the law, and it is important to find one who specializes in car crash cases. The Burger Law St. Charles, MO auto accident attorneys are not only well versed in car crash cases, we dedicate our careers to handling cases like yours and doing whatever it takes to get you full compensation for your lost wages, medical bills, various out-of-pocket expenses and the pain and suffering you have sustained due to your injuries.
- Reputation: It is also essential to look for an attorney who is known in the community and who has a solid reputation. Ask around for recommendations and read online reviews, and you will notice Burger Law’s stellar track record throughout the St. Charles, MO area.
- Communication: It is crucial to locate a lawyer in St. Charles, MO who is willing to answer your questions and is easy to talk to. Gary Burger has literally written the book on the absolutely essential questions to ask before you select an attorney. Our team always make sure you know what is going on with your case. We also deal with all documentation, negotiation and litigation, also keeping you aware throughout these processes. Give us a call right away at (314) 500-HURT or complete our online form.
Reach Out To a Burger Law St. Charles, MO Auto Accident Lawyer
Whether it is some other auto accident lawyer near St. Charles, MO or an offer from an insurance company, do not settle for less than you deserve. Burger Law has experienced, aggressive and unwavering auto accident lawyers ready to stand by your side and fight for your rights throughout the life of your claim.
Give our St. Charles, MO auto accident lawyer team a call now at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online. We do not collect any fees until we win your case. Get legal representation in St. Charles, MO when you need it, and pay when you get paid.