Auto Accident Lawyer St. Clair County, MO
Auto Accident Lawyer St. Clair County, MO. When you or a loved one are seriously injured in an auto accident, Burger Law is the law firm to contact in the St. Clair County, MO area. Speak to an experienced St. Clair County, MO auto accident lawyer immediately at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online.
If you were injured in a car crash, find out how much your claim may be worth in St. Clair County, MO, with our free personal injury calculator.
The Burger Law legal team fights for your rights and demands a full recovery in your St. Clair County, MO car crash claim. Our lawyers have successfully recovered more than $200 million in settlement and trial results for our clients in St. Clair County, MO and throughout Missouri, including a multi-year legal battle resulting in a trial verdict of $113 million. The team will not stop until obtaining the best possible recovery for you.
Burger Law’s Successful Missouri Auto Accident Claims
At Burger Law, we believe that results matter. Our St. Clair County, MO clients want to know that we are giving 100 percent to a case and win the best possible settlement on their behalf. The following are some recent examples of auto accident settlements we have won for clients:
- $300k Utility Terrain Vehicle Settlement
- On-Ramp Accident Leads to $327,000 Settlement
- $90,000 Settlement after Car Accident
- Head on Collision
- Rear End Accident Leads to $35,000 recovery
Injured in an Auto Accident? Contact a St. Clair County, MO Auto Accident Lawyer
Following a car crash in St. Clair County, MO, you should be able to concentrate on getting your injuries treated. You should not have to worry about battling your insurance company for the medical care you need, or worrying about whether you are going to receive the financial compensation you deserve for the car accident, or even court dates and legal jargon. The Burger Law St. Clair County, MO auto accident lawyers can center all their efforts on all of the above.
Our lawyers are prepared to fight for your rights, ensure that you get complete compensation for the recovery you deserve and return to a normal life. Give one of our St. Clair County, MO auto accident lawyers a call now at (314) 500-HURT or fill out our online contact form. They are prepared to confidentially talk about your case for free with no obligation.
What Are the Most Common Causes of Auto Accidents in St. Clair County, MO?
Auto accidents happen in what often feels like a blink of an eye. Though there are some potentially dangerous events and conditions outside of our control that can contribute to crashes, most car crashes are caused by driver error. Research by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) estimates that human motorists are responsible for 94 percent of crashes that take place.
Some of the common causes of St. Clair County, MO car crashes include:
- Distracted Driving
- Texting and Driving
- Drunk Driving
- Hit and Run
- Construction Zones
- Failing to Yield
- Rain or Bad Weather
- Reckless Driving, including:
- Cutting another car off
- Weaving in and out of traffic
- Running red lights
- Blocking a car or changing speed to prevent another car from changing lanes, passing, etc.
- Refusing to use turn signals
- Forcing a car off the road
- Using high beams to interfere with another driver’s ability to see
What Is the Average Car Accident Settlement Amount in the St. Clair County, MO Area?
Auto accidents are expensive. According to research from the Insurance Information Institute, deaths, injuries and property damage in motor vehicle accidents cost $474 billion in 2020. The NHTSA, approximates that auto crashes cost society $7,300 per second in loss of productivity.
It can be difficult to pinpoint an exact amount as the specifics of each case vary and many settlement amounts are confidential, in terms of the average car accident settlement in St. Clair County, MO, or anywhere for that matter. But, generally speaking, the majority of car accident settlements come in between $15,000 and $20,000. Injuries calling for more substantial medical care frequently reach $50,000 to $100,000, while injuries resulting in permanent disability or, in the worst cases, wrongful death, can result in damages of hundreds of thousands of dollars, if not millions.
In addition, we have extensive experience winning the following cases for our St. Clair County, MO clients:
How Long Do I Have to File a Car Accident Claim in St. Clair County, MO?
The state of Missouri's statute of limitations dictates how long you have after the date of your injuries from a St. Clair County, MO auto accident to file your claim.
- In general terms, according to Missouri Revised Statute §516.120, you have five years from the date of your injury to file your personal injury claim in St. Clair County, MO or elsewhere in Missouri.
- If you were under the age of 21 at the time of the injury, or were mentally incapacitated at the time, Missouri Revised Statute §516.170 says that you have 5 years after the date you turn 21 or that your "legal disability" ends.
- If you are injured by someone who was a resident of Missouri when the injury occurred, but left the state at a later date before you filed a lawsuit, Missouri Revised Statute §516.200 states that the time the defendant is out of Missouri does not apply toward the 5 years.
The clock is already ticking for when you can make your claim, if you have been hurt in a St. Clair County, MO auto accident. Do not wait, give the auto accident law firm of Burger Law a call today at (314) 500-HURT or reach out to us online to get justice and complete compensation for your injuries. We begin working on your St. Clair County, MO case immediately and do not stop until we win.
What Are the Factors That Determine an Auto Accident Settlement in St. Clair County, MO?
As the meaning of an auto accident settlement is to reasonable compensate you for your damages, the seriousness of those injuries is the compelling factor in how much your settlement could be. Other factors include how your injuries have impacted your life, the insurance policy in question, if you are to blame in any degree for your accident and the capabilities of your St. Clair County, MO auto accident lawyer:
- The seriousness of your injuries — As more serious injuries lead to more time lost from work in St. Clair County, MO and higher medical expenses, they lead to higher settlements, particularly when factoring in the pain and suffering multiplier.
- How your injuries have impacted your life — The greater the effect on your physical, emotional and mental well-being, the more the noneconomic damages will be.
- The insurance policy — Missouri has a minimum insurance requirement of $25,000 for bodily injury, and while a skilled St. Clair County, MO auto accident lawyer might have the skills to get you more, there are times when you will be limited by the negligent driver's and/or your insurance policy limits.
- If you are partially to blame — With comparative negligence policies like Missouri law observes, you can still receive a financial recovery if you were partially responsible for the accident; however, the total amount will be less. As an example, if you are awarded $100,000 in damages but it is decided that you are responsible for 30 percent of the blame for your crash, you would get $70,000. Even if you were 99 percent at fault, you can still receive compensation in Missouri.
- Your car accident lawyer — You need a skilled and aggressive St. Clair County, MO attorney to combat the insurance company's tricks. Your auto accident attorney will also need to investigate your crash, prove liability on the part of the other motorist and have a network of medical and economic professionals in the St. Clair County, MO area and throughout MO to accurately calculate your claim. If the insurance company will not extend a fair settlement, you will need a knowledgeable trial lawyer with courtroom savvy that will argue your case in front of a jury.
What Tricks Do Insurance Companies Use To Avoid Paying Claims?
When you have a personal injury claim, be aware of the tricks insurance c …
Is It Worth It to Get a Lawyer for a Car Accident?
Is It Worth It to Get a Lawyer for a Car Accident? If you've been injured …
When Should I Hire an Attorney After a Car Accident?
When Should I Hire an Attorney After a Car Accident? If you were injured …
What Do I Do After an Auto Accident in St. Clair County, MO?
Auto accidents are never a pleasant experience, and they are often startling and frightening. But, it is crucial to keep a level head in the aftermath of an accident. You should follow these steps to ensure everyone’s safety and to get the finest results from your claim in St. Clair County, MO:
- Check to see if you or anyone else is injured. The most vital thing in a St. Clair County, MO car crash is everybody's safety and well-being. Assess the scene to see if anyone is injured and how severe their injuries are. If there are serious injuries to you or anyone else, call 911 right away. If you are able and it is safe to do so, render first aid to anyone who needs it.
- Get to safety. Do not move anyone who is severely injured until emergency medical technicians arrive, and alert other vehicles of the crash. If you cannot move your vehicle, turn on the emergency lights and exit to get to the side of the road when it is safe. Otherwise, get your vehicle to the side of the road and away from oncoming traffic to avoid a multi-car accident.
- Call the police. Call the St. Clair County, MO or county police if you have not already dialed 911. Missouri Revised Statute §303.040 calls for Missouri drivers to report any motor vehicle accident that ends in personal injury, death, or over $500 in property damage. If you are uncertain as to the extent of the damage or how severe your injuries are, call the police and err on the side of caution. Police in St. Clair County, MO are trained to offer an official, accurate account of what happened in crashes, and their report will go a long way in proving your claim and holding the other party accountable. It is also the law.
- Document the accident scene and collect evidence. Take pictures of all vehicles involved, any injuries you sustained and other parts of the scene, like the road around the accident. A lack of tire marks may help prove that the other driver was distracted and is responsible for the car crash. If the other driver was drunk, take pictures of the police arresting them.
You should also exchange insurance information with the other driver. If there were eyewitnesses, get their contact information so your St. Clair County, MO car accident attorney can take official depositions from them. It is also a good idea to write down all that comes to mind about the accident, as your memory will be freshest in the immediate aftermath, and some seemingly insignificant details may slip your mind that later turn out to be critical.
- Get medical treatment. It is a good idea to go to an urgent care facility in the St. Clair County, MO area after a car accident, even if you do not think your injuries are severe. Occassionally, with some injuries, you may not experience symptoms immediately, and adrenaline can often mask pain after an accident.
- Reach out to Burger Law. When you are seriously hurt in a car accident, it is necessary to find a knowledgeable lawyer who can assist in navigating the difficulties of your case. An experienced, professional attorney who pushes back against bullies like resistant insurance companies is often the only way you can truly get maximum compensation for your injuries. Our attorneys have more than 70 years of combined experience standing up for the injured in St. Clair County, MO. We know car accident claims and will be able to figure out exactly how much you are owed. Speaking with us about your claim is free, so it is important to never accept a settlement offer prior to asking an auto accident lawyer if it is actually fair. We are also knowledgeable trial lawyers, so if we cannot secure a fair financial recovery in negotiations, we will move the fight to a jury and a judge.
What Should I Look For When Picking an Auto Accident Lawyer in St. Clair County, MO?
When it comes to selecting an auto accident lawyer in St. Clair County, MO, it is integral to do your research and find the right attorney for the particulars of your case. The following are some key aspects to ponder:
- Experience: A knowledgeable auto accident attorney knows the intricacies of the legal system and be able to help you fight against bullying insurance companies. Burger Law has over three decades of experience in the St. Clair County, MO area, and throughout Missouri, standing up to prosecutors and insurance companies on behalf of our clients.
- Specialization: Different lawyers are accomplished in different areas of the law, and it is critical to find one who specializes in auto accident cases. The Burger Law St. Clair County, MO auto accident lawyers are not only well versed in car crash cases, we dedicate our careers to handling cases like yours and doing whatever it takes to get you full compensation for your lost wages, medical bills, other out-of-pocket expenses and the pain and suffering you have sustained due to your injuries.
- Reputation: It is also important to locate an attorney who is known in the community and who has a solid reputation. Ask around for recommendations and check online reviews, and you will notice Burger Law’s stellar track record throughout the St. Clair County, MO area.
- Communication: It is important to locate a lawyer in St. Clair County, MO who is easy to talk to and is willing to answer your questions. Gary Burger has literally written the book on the absolutely essential questions to ask before you choose an attorney. Our team always make sure you know what is transpiring in your case. Additionally, we handle all documentation, negotiation and litigation, also keeping you in the know throughout these procedures. Give us a call today at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online.
Reach Out To a Burger Law St. Clair County, MO Auto Accident Lawyer
Whether it is some other St. Clair County, MO auto accident attorney or an offer from an insurance company, do not settle for less than you deserve. Burger Law has experienced, aggressive and unwavering auto accident lawyers ready to stand by your side and fight for your rights throughout your claim.
Give our St. Clair County, MO auto accident lawyer team a call today at (314) 500-HURT or reach out to us online. We do not collect any fees until we win your case. Get legal representation in St. Clair County, MO when you need it, and pay when you get paid.