Auto Accident Lawyer St. Clair, MO
Auto Accident Lawyer St. Clair, MO. When you or a loved one are seriously injured in an auto accident, Burger Law is the law firm to call in the St. Clair, MO area. Speak to an experienced St. Clair, MO auto accident lawyer immediately at (314) 500-HURT or reach out to us online.
If you were injured in an auto accident, find out how much your claim might be worth in St. Clair, MO, with our free personal injury calculator.
The Burger Law lawyers fight for your rights and demands a full recovery in your St. Clair, MO car crash claim. Our legal team has successfully recovered more than $200 million in settlement and trial results for our clients in St. Clair, MO and throughout Missouri, featuring a multi-year legal battle resulting in a trial verdict of $113 million. The team will not stop until obtaining a complete recovery for you.
Burger Law’s Successful Missouri Auto Accident Claims
At Burger Law, we believe that results matter. Our St. Clair, MO clients want to know that we are giving 100 percent to a case and win the best possible settlement on their behalf. Below are some recent examples of auto accident settlements we have won for clients:
- $300k Utility Terrain Vehicle Settlement
- On-Ramp Accident Leads to $327,000 Settlement
- $90,000 Settlement after Car Accident
- Head on Collision
- Rear End Accident Leads to $35,000 recovery
Injured in an Auto Accident? Contact a St. Clair, MO Auto Accident Lawyer
After an auto accident in St. Clair, MO, you should be focused on getting your injuries treated. You should not have to be concerned with battling your insurance company for the care you need, or worrying about whether you are going to get the financial compensation for the recovery you need for the car accident, or even legal jargon and court dates. The Burger Law St. Clair, MO auto accident attorneys can concentrate all their efforts on all of the above.
Our attorneys are prepared to fight for your rights, ensure that you get complete compensation for the recovery you need and return to a normal life. Give one of our St. Clair, MO auto accident lawyers a call right away at (314) 500-HURT or fill out our online contact form. They are ready to confidentially talk about your case for free with no obligation.
What Are the Most Common Causes of Auto Accidents in St. Clair, MO?
Although there are some possible hazardous conditions and events outside of our purview that can contribute to crashes, most auto accidents are caused by driver error. Auto accidents happen in what often feels like a blink of an eye. Research by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) estimates that human motorists are responsible for 94 percent of crashes that occur.
Some of the common causes of St. Clair, MO car crashes include:
- Distracted Driving
- Texting and Driving
- Drunk Driving
- Hit and Run
- Construction Zones
- Failing to Yield
- Rain or Bad Weather
- Reckless Driving, including:
- Cutting another car off
- Weaving in and out of traffic
- Running red lights
- Blocking a car or changing speed to prevent another car from changing lanes, passing, etc.
- Refusing to use turn signals
- Forcing a car off the road
- Using high beams to interfere with another driver’s ability to see
What Is the Average Car Accident Settlement Amount in the St. Clair, MO Area?
Auto accidents are costly. According to the Insurance Information Institute, property damage, injuries and deaths in motor vehicle accidents cost $474 billion in 2020. The NHTSA, approximates that motor vehicle accidents cost society $7,300 per second in loss of productivity.
It can be difficult to pinpoint a precise amount as many settlements are confidential, in terms of the average car accident settlement in St. Clair, MO, or anywhere for that matter. However, generally speaking, most of auto accident settlements come in between $15,000 and $20,000. Injuries needing more comprehensive medical care often reach $50,000 to $100,000, while injuries causing permanent disability or, in the worst cases, wrongful death, can result in damages of hundreds of thousands of dollars, if not millions.
In addition, we have extensive experience winning the following cases for our St. Clair, MO clients:
How Long Do I Have to File a Car Accident Claim in St. Clair, MO?
Once you are injured in a St. Clair, MO auto accident, the state of Missouri's statute of limitations dictates how long you have after the date of the accident to file your claim.
- In general terms, according to Missouri Revised Statute §516.120, you have 5 years from the date of your injury to file your personal injury claim in St. Clair, MO or elsewhere in Missouri.
- If you were mentally incapacitated at the time of the injury or under the age of 21 at the time, Missouri Revised Statute §516.170 stipulates that you have 5 years after the date you turn 21 or that your "legal disability" ends.
- If you are harmed by someone who was a resident of the state when the injury occurred, but left the state at a later date before you filed a lawsuit, Missouri Revised Statute §516.200 states that the time the defendant is out of Missouri does not apply toward the five years.
The clock is already ticking for when you can make your claim, if you have been hurt in a St. Clair, MO auto accident. Do not prolong this, call the auto accident law firm of Burger Law as soon as possible at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online to get justice and maximum compensation for your injuries. We begin working on your St. Clair, MO claim right away and do not rest until we win.
What Are the Factors That Determine an Auto Accident Settlement in St. Clair, MO?
As the purpose of a car accident settlement is to fairly compensate you for your damages, the seriousness of those injuries is the compelling factor in how much your settlement may be. Other aspects include how your injuries have impacted your life, the insurance policy in question, if you are to blame in any degree for your accident and the capabilities of your St. Clair, MO auto crash attorney:
- The severity of your injuries — As more serious injuries lead to more time lost from work in St. Clair, MO and larger medical expenses, they give rise to higher settlements, particularly when factoring in the pain and suffering multiplier.
- How your injuries have impacted your life — The greater the effect on your mental, emotional and physical well-being, the higher the noneconomic damages will be.
- The insurance policy — Missouri has a minimum insurance requirement of $25,000 for bodily injury, and while a skilled St. Clair, MO auto accident lawyer might be able to get you more, there are instances when you will be limited by the negligent driver's and/or your insurance policy limits.
- If you are partially responsible — With comparative negligence policies like Missouri law observes, you can still get a financial recovery if you were partially responsible for the accident; yet, the amount of compensation will be less. For example, if you are awarded $100,000 in damages but it is decided that you are 30 percent to blame for your crash, you would get $70,000. In Missouri, you can still receive compensation if you were 99 percent at fault.
- Your car accident lawyer — You need a skilled and aggressive St. Clair, MO attorney to fight the insurance company's tricks. Your auto accident attorney will also need to conduct an investigation into your crash, prove liability on the part of the other driver and have a network of economic and medical professionals in the St. Clair, MO area and throughout MO to accurately calculate your claim. If the insurance company will not extend a fair settlement in negotiation, you will need an experienced trial lawyer with courtroom savvy that will stand by your side and argue your case in front of a jury.
What Tricks Do Insurance Companies Use To Avoid Paying Claims?
When you have a personal injury claim, be aware of the tricks insurance c …
Is It Worth It to Get a Lawyer for a Car Accident?
Is It Worth It to Get a Lawyer for a Car Accident? If you've been injured …
When Should I Hire an Attorney After a Car Accident?
When Should I Hire an Attorney After a Car Accident? If you were injured …
What Do I Do After an Auto Accident in St. Clair, MO?
Car crashes are never a pleasant experience, and they are frequently startling and frightening. Yet, it is important to stay calm following a crash. According to the Burger Law St. Clair, MO auto accident lawyers, you should follow these steps to ensure everyone’s well-being and to get the premier results from your claim in St. Clair, MO:
- Check to see whether you or anyone else is injured. The most important thing in a St. Clair, MO car crash is everybody's safety and well-being. Assess the scene to see if anyone is injured and how significant their injuries are. If you or anyone is seriously injured, call 911 immediately. If you are able and it is safe to do so, render aid to anyone who needs it.
- Get to safety. If anyone is severely injured, do not move them until emergency medical technicians arrive, and alert other vehicles of the accident. If you cannot move your vehicle, turn on the emergency lights and exit to get to the side of the road whenever it is safe. Otherwise, get your vehicle to the side of the road and away from oncoming traffic to avoid a multi-car accident.
- Phone the police. Call the St. Clair, MO or county police if you have not already dialed 911. Missouri Revised Statute §303.040 demands Missouri motorists to report any motor vehicle accident that ends in death, personal injury, or over $500 in property damage. If you are unsure as to the extent of the damage or how bad your injuries are, call the police and err on the side of caution. Police in St. Clair, MO are trained to provide an official account of what happened in accidents, and their report will go a long way in proving your claim and holding the other party accountable. It is also the law.
- Document the accident scene and collect evidence. Take photos of all vehicles involved, any injuries you sustained and other parts of the scene, such as the road surrounding the crash. The lack of tire marks may be sufficient to prove that the other driver was distracted and is responsible for the car crash. If the other driver was drunk, take pictures of the police arresting them.
You should also swap insurance information with the other driver. If there were eyewitnesses, get their contact information so your St. Clair, MO car accident lawyer can take official depositions from them. It is also a good idea to write down everything you remember about the crash, as your memory will be freshest in the immediate aftermath, and some seemingly insignificant details may slip your mind that later turn out to be crucial.
- Get medical treatment. Even if you do not think your injuries are severe, it is a good idea to go to an urgent care facility in the St. Clair, MO area after a car accident. With some injuries, you may not experience symptoms right away, and adrenaline can often disguise pain after an accident.
- Reach out to Burger Law. When you are seriously hurt in a car accident, it is essential to find a knowledgeable attorney who can help you navigate the complexities of your case. An experienced, professional lawyer who fights back against bullies like resistant insurance companies is often the lone way you can truly get maximum compensation for your injuries. We have more than 70 years of combined experience standing up for the injured in St. Clair, MO. We will be able to figure out exactly how much you are owed because we know car accident claims. Talking to us about your claim is free, so it is vital to never approve a settlement offer prior to asking an auto accident lawyer if it is actually adequate. We are also knowledgeable trial lawyers, so if we cannot negotiate a fair financial recovery, we will move the fight in front of a jury and a judge.
What Should I Look For When Choosing an Auto Accident Lawyer in St. Clair, MO?
When it comes to selecting an auto accident lawyer in St. Clair, MO, it is important to do your homework and locate the ideal lawyer for the finer points of your case. The following are some key aspects to consider:
- Experience: An experienced auto accident lawyer will know the ins and outs of the legal system and be able to help you fight against bullying insurance companies. Burger Law has nearly 30 years of experience in the St. Clair, MO area, and throughout Missouri, standing up to insurance companies and prosecutors on behalf of our clients.
- Specialization: Different lawyers specialize in different specifics of the law, and it is critical to locate one who specializes in car crash cases. The Burger Law St. Clair, MO auto accident attorneys are not only well steeped in car crash cases, we dedicate our careers to handling cases like yours and doing whatever it takes to get you full compensation for your medical bills, lost wages, various out-of-pocket expenses and the pain and suffering you have sustained due to your injuries.
- Reputation: It is also important to search for a lawyer who has a solid reputation and is known in the community. Ask around for recommendations and read online reviews, and you will see Burger Law’s distinguished track record throughout the St. Clair, MO area.
- Communication: It is vital to locate an attorney in St. Clair, MO who is easy to talk to and is willing to answer your questions. Gary Burger has literally written the book on the absolutely essential questions to ask before you pick a lawyer. Our team always ensure you know what is going on with your case. We also handle all negotiation, documentation and litigation, also keeping you aware throughout these processes. Call us as soon as possible at (314) 500-HURT or complete our online form.
Contact a Burger Law St. Clair, MO Auto Accident Lawyer
Do not settle for less than you deserve, whether it is some other auto accident lawyer near St. Clair, MO or an offer from an insurance company. Burger Law has experienced, aggressive and unwavering auto accident lawyers ready to stand in your corner and fight for your rights throughout your claim.
Call our St. Clair, MO auto accident lawyer team now at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online. We do not collect any fees until we win your case. Get legal representation in St. Clair, MO when you need it, and pay when you get paid.