Auto Accident Lawyer St. Francois County, MO
Auto Accident Lawyer St. Francois County, MO. When you or a loved one are seriously injured in an auto accident, Burger Law is the law firm to turn to in the St. Francois County, MO area. Talk with an experienced St. Francois County, MO auto accident lawyer right now at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online.
If you were injured in an auto accident, find out how much your claim might be worth in St. Francois County, MO, with our complimentary personal injury calculator.
The Burger Law legal team fights for your rights and demands a complete recovery in your St. Francois County, MO car crash claim. Our attorneys have successfully recovered over $200 million in settlement and trial results for our clients in St. Francois County, MO and throughout Missouri, featuring a multi-year legal battle resulting in a trial verdict of $113 million. They will stop nothing short of the best possible recovery for you and your family.
Burger Law’s Successful Missouri Auto Accident Claims
At Burger Law, we believe that results matter. Our St. Francois County, MO clients want to know that we are providing our entire attention to a case and win the best possible settlement on their behalf. Below are some recent examples of car crash settlements we have won for clients:
- $300k Utility Terrain Vehicle Settlement
- On-Ramp Accident Leads to $327,000 Settlement
- $90,000 Settlement after Car Accident
- Head on Collision
- Rear End Accident Leads to $35,000 recovery
Injured in an Auto Accident? Contact a St. Francois County, MO Auto Accident Lawyer
After an auto accident in St. Francois County, MO, you should be focused on getting treatment for your injuries. You should not have to worry about battling your insurance company for the medical care you need, or worrying about whether you are going to receive the financial compensation for the recovery you deserve for the car accident, or even court dates and legal jargon. The Burger Law St. Francois County, MO auto accident lawyers can concentrate all their efforts on all of the above.
Our attorneys are ready to fight for your rights, making sure that you get complete compensation for the recovery you deserve and get back to a normal life. Give one of our St. Francois County, MO auto accident lawyers a call now at (314) 500-HURT or fill out our online contact form. They are able to confidentially talk about the specifics of your case for free with no obligation.
What Are the Most Common Causes of Auto Accidents in St. Francois County, MO?
Auto accidents happen in what often feels like a blink of an eye. Although there are some potentially dangerous conditions and events outside of our purview that can contribute to crashes, most car crashes are caused by driver error. Research by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) estimates that human operators are responsible for 94 percent of accidents that take place.
Some of the most common causes of St. Francois County, MO auto accidents are:
- Distracted Driving
- Texting and Driving
- Drunk Driving
- Hit and Run
- Construction Zones
- Failing to Yield
- Rain or Bad Weather
- Reckless Driving, including:
- Cutting another car off
- Weaving in and out of traffic
- Running red lights
- Blocking a car or changing speed to prevent another car from changing lanes, passing, etc.
- Refusing to use turn signals
- Forcing a car off the road
- Using high beams to interfere with another driver’s ability to see
What Is the Average Car Accident Settlement Amount in the St. Francois County, MO Area?
Auto accidents are expensive. According to research from the Insurance Information Institute, property damage, injuries and deaths in auto accidents cost $474 billion in 2020. The NHTSA, estimates that motor vehicle crashes cost society $7,300 per second in loss of productivity.
In terms of the cost of paying out the average car accident settlement in St. Francois County, MO, or anywhere for that matter, it can be difficult to pinpoint an exact figure as the specifics of each case vary and many settlement amounts are confidential. But, generally speaking, the majority of car accident settlements come in between $15,000 and $20,000. Injuries requiring more comprehensive medical care frequently reach $50,000 to $100,000, while injuries causing permanent disability or, in the worst cases, wrongful death, can result in damages of hundreds of thousands of dollars, if not millions.
In addition, we have extensive experience winning the following cases for our St. Francois County, MO clients:
How Long Do I Have to File a Car Accident Claim in St. Francois County, MO?
The state of Missouri's statute of limitations dictates how long you have after the date of your injuries from a St. Francois County, MO auto accident to file your claim.
- Generally speaking, according to Missouri Revised Statute §516.120, you have five years from the date of your injury to file your personal injury claim in St. Francois County, MO or elsewhere in Missouri.
- If you were mentally incapacitated at the time of the injury or under the age of 21 at the time, Missouri Revised Statute §516.170 stipulates that you have 5 years after the date you turn 21 or that your "legal disability" ends.
- If you are hurt by someone who was a resident of the state when the injury happened, but left the state at a later date before you filed a lawsuit, Missouri Revised Statute §516.200 says that the time the defendant is out of the state does not apply toward the five years.
If you have been injured in an auto accident in St. Francois County, MO, the clock is already ticking for when you can make your claim. Do not hesitate, call the auto accident law firm of Burger Law today at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online to get justice and complete compensation for your injuries. We start working on your St. Francois County, MO claim immediately and do not stop until we win your case.
What Are the Factors That Determine an Auto Accident Settlement in St. Francois County, MO?
As the purpose of a car crash settlement is to fairly compensate you for your injuries, the severity of those injuries is the driving element in how much your settlement may be. Other factors include how your injuries have impacted your life, the insurance policy in question, if you bear any responsibility for your accident and the capabilities of your St. Francois County, MO auto accident attorney:
- The severity of your injuries — As more serious injuries lead to more time lost from work in St. Francois County, MO and larger medical expenses, they generate bigger settlements, especially when factoring in the pain and suffering multiplier.
- How your injuries have impacted your life — The greater the effect on your mental, emotional and physical well-being, the more the noneconomic damages will be.
- The insurance policy — Missouri has a minimum insurance requirement of $25,000 for bodily injury, and while a skilled St. Francois County, MO auto accident lawyer may be able to get you more, there are occasions when you will be limited by the negligent driver's and/or your insurance policy limits.
- If you are partially responsible — With comparative negligence policies like Missouri law observes, you can still get financial compensation if you were partially responsible for the accident; yet, the amount will be less. For example, if you are awarded $100,000 in damages but it is found that you are responsible for 30 percent of the blame for your crash, you would get $70,000. In Missouri, you can still receive compensation if you were 99 percent at fault.
- Your car accident lawyer — You need a skilled and aggressive St. Francois County, MO lawyer to fight the insurance company's tricks. Your auto accident lawyer will also need to conduct an investigation into your crash, prove liability on the part of the other motorist and have a network of medical and economic experts in the St. Francois County, MO area and throughout MO to accurately calculate your claim. If the insurance company refuses to extend a fair settlement in negotiation, you will need a knowledgeable trial lawyer with courtroom savvy that will argue your case in front of a jury.
What Tricks Do Insurance Companies Use To Avoid Paying Claims?
When you have a personal injury claim, be aware of the tricks insurance c …
Is It Worth It to Get a Lawyer for a Car Accident?
Is It Worth It to Get a Lawyer for a Car Accident? If you've been injured …
When Should I Hire an Attorney After a Car Accident?
When Should I Hire an Attorney After a Car Accident? If you were injured …
What Do I Do After an Auto Accident in St. Francois County, MO?
Car crashes are never a pleasant experience, and they are frequently startling and frightening. But, it is important to stay calm in the aftermath of an accident. You should follow these steps to ensure everyone’s safety and to get the best results from your claim in St. Francois County, MO:
- Check to see if you or anyone else is injured. The most important thing in a St. Francois County, MO auto accident is everybody's safety and well-being. Assess the scene to see if anyone is injured and how severe their injuries are. If there are severe injuries to you or anyone else, call 911 immediately. If you can and it is safe to do so, render aid to anyone who needs it.
- Get to safety. If anyone is severely injured, do not move them until emergency medical technicians arrive, and warn other motor vehicles of the crash. If you cannot move your vehicle, turn on the emergency lights and exit to get to the side of the road whenever it is safe. Otherwise, get your vehicle to the side of the road and out of the way of oncoming traffic to avoid a multi-car accident.
- Call the police. Call the St. Francois County, MO or county police if you have not already dialed 911. Missouri Revised Statute §303.040 calls for Missouri motorists to report any motor vehicle accident that results in death, personal injury, or over $500 in property damage. If you are uncertain as to the extent of the damage or how bad your injuries are, call the police and err on the side of caution. Not only is it the law, but police in St. Francois County, MO are trained to offer an official account of what happened in accidents, and their report will go a long way in proving your claim and holding the other party accountable.
- Collect evidence and document the accident scene. Take photos of all vehicles involved, any injuries you sustained and other parts of the scene, such as the road surrounding the crash. A lack of tire marks may help prove that the other driver was distracted and is responsible for the car crash. If the other driver was drunk, take photos of the authorities arresting them.
You should additionally trade insurance information with the other driver. If there were eyewitnesses, get their contact information so that your St. Francois County, MO auto accident attorney can take official depositions from them. It is also a good idea to write down everything you remember about the accident, as your memory will be freshest in the immediate aftermath, and you may forget seemingly insignificant details that later turn out to be critical.
- Get medical treatment. Even if you do not believe your injuries are severe, it is a good idea to go to an urgent care facility in the St. Francois County, MO area after a car accident. With some injuries, adrenaline can often mask pain and you may not experience symptoms right away after an accident.
- Reach out to Burger Law. When you are seriously injured in an auto accident, it is necessary to find a knowledgeable attorney who can assist in navigating the complexities of your case. An experienced attorney who pushes back against bullies like resistant insurance companies is often the lone way you can truly receive maximum compensation for your injuries. Our lawyers have over 70 years of combined experience standing up for the injured in St. Francois County, MO. We know car accident claims and will be able to figure out exactly how much you are owed. Talking to us about your claim is free, so it is important to never approve a settlement offer prior to asking an auto accident attorney if it is actually fair. We are also experienced trial attorneys, so if we cannot negotiate a fair financial recovery, we will take the fight to a judge and jury.
What Should I Look For When Choosing an Auto Accident Lawyer in St. Francois County, MO?
When it comes to picking an auto accident lawyer in St. Francois County, MO, it is important to do your research and find the ideal attorney for the specifics of your case. Here are some key aspects to ponder:
- Experience: A knowledgeable auto accident attorney will know the ins and outs of the legal system and be able to help you fight against bullying insurance companies. Burger Law has over three decades of experience in the St. Francois County, MO area, and throughout Missouri, standing up to prosecutors and insurance companies on behalf of our clients.
- Specialization: Different lawyers specialize in different specifics of the law, and it is important to find one who specializes in auto accident cases. The Burger Law St. Francois County, MO auto accident lawyers are not only well steeped in car crash cases, we dedicate our careers to handling cases like yours and doing whatever it takes to get you full compensation for your medical bills, lost wages, various out-of-pocket expenses and the pain and suffering you have sustained due to your injuries.
- Reputation: It is also important to search for a lawyer who has a solid reputation and is known in the community. Ask around for recommendations and read online reviews, and you will notice Burger Law’s stellar track record throughout the St. Francois County, MO area.
- Communication: It is vital to locate an attorney in St. Francois County, MO who is willing to answer your questions and is easy to talk to. Gary Burger has literally written the book on the absolutely essential questions to ask before you pick a lawyer. Our team always ensure you updated on what is going on with your case. Additionally, we deal with all negotiation, documentation and litigation, also keeping you aware throughout these processes. Call us as soon as possible at (314) 500-HURT or reach out to us online.
Contact a Burger Law St. Francois County, MO Auto Accident Lawyer
Whether it is some other auto accident lawyer near St. Francois County, MO or an offer from an insurance company, do not settle for less than you deserve. Burger Law has experienced, aggressive and unwavering auto accident lawyers ready to stand by your side and fight for your rights throughout your claim.
Call our St. Francois County, MO auto accident lawyers today at (314) 500-HURT or reach out to us online. We do not collect any fees until we win your case. Get legal representation in St. Francois County, MO when you need it, and pay when you get paid.