Auto Accident Lawyer St. Joseph, MO
Auto Accident Lawyer St. Joseph, MO. When you or a loved one are seriously injured in an auto accident, Burger Law is the law firm to contact in the St. Joseph, MO area. Speak to an experienced St. Joseph, MO auto accident lawyer right now at (314) 500-HURT or reach out to us online.
If you were seriously injured in an auto accident, find out how much your claim might be worth in St. Joseph, MO, with our complimentary personal injury calculator.
The Burger Law lawyers fight for your rights and demands a complete recovery in your St. Joseph, MO auto accident claim. Our lawyers have successfully recovered more than $200 million in settlement and trial results for our clients in St. Joseph, MO and throughout Missouri, including a multi-year legal battle resulting in a trial verdict of $113 million. Our lawyers will stop nothing short of the best possible recovery for you and your family.
Burger Law’s Successful Missouri Auto Accident Claims
At Burger Law, we believe that results matter. Our St. Joseph, MO clients want to know that we are giving 100 percent to a case and win the best possible settlement on their behalf. Below are some recent examples of auto accident settlements we have won for clients:
- $300k Utility Terrain Vehicle Settlement
- On-Ramp Accident Leads to $327,000 Settlement
- $90,000 Settlement after Car Accident
- Head on Collision
- Rear End Accident Leads to $35,000 recovery
Injured in an Auto Accident? Contact a St. Joseph, MO Auto Accident Lawyer
Following a car crash in St. Joseph, MO, you should be able to concentrate on getting treatment for your injuries. You should not have to be concerned with battling your insurance company for the medical care you need, or worrying about whether you are going to receive the financial compensation for the recovery you need and deserve for the car accident, or even legal jargon and court dates. The Burger Law St. Joseph, MO auto accident attorneys can concentrate all their efforts on the above facets.
Our lawyers are ready to fight for your rights, ensure that you receive complete compensation for the recovery you deserve and return to a normal life. Call one of our St. Joseph, MO auto accident lawyers right now at (314) 500-HURT or fill out our online contact form. They are ready to confidentially discuss the specifics of your case for free with no obligation.
What Are the Most Common Causes of Auto Accidents in St. Joseph, MO?
Auto accidents happen in what often feels like a blink of an eye. Though there are several potentially hazardous events and conditions outside of our purview that can contribute to crashes, most auto accidents are caused by driver error. Research by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) estimates that human motorists are responsible for 94 percent of crashes that take place.
Some of the common causes of St. Joseph, MO car crashes are:
- Distracted Driving
- Texting and Driving
- Drunk Driving
- Hit and Run
- Construction Zones
- Failing to Yield
- Rain or Bad Weather
- Reckless Driving, including:
- Cutting another car off
- Weaving in and out of traffic
- Running red lights
- Blocking a car or changing speed to prevent another car from changing lanes, passing, etc.
- Refusing to use turn signals
- Forcing a car off the road
- Using high beams to interfere with another driver’s ability to see
What Is the Average Car Accident Settlement Amount in the St. Joseph, MO Area?
Auto accidents are expensive. According to research from the Insurance Information Institute, deaths, injuries and property damage in auto accidents cost $474 billion in 2020. The NHTSA, estimates that motor vehicle crashes cost society $7,300 per second in productivity lost.
In terms of the cost of paying out the average car accident settlement in St. Joseph, MO, or anywhere for that matter, it can be difficult to pinpoint a precise figure as the specifics of each case vary and many settlement amounts are confidential. However, generally speaking, most of car crash settlements come in between $15,000 and $20,000. Injuries calling for more substantial medical care frequently reach $50,000 to $100,000, while injuries resulting in permanent disability or, in the worst cases, wrongful death, can bring about damages of hundreds of thousands of dollars, if not millions.
In addition, we have extensive experience winning the following cases for our St. Joseph, MO clients:
How Long Do I Have to File a Car Accident Claim in St. Joseph, MO?
The state of Missouri's statute of limitations dictates how long you have after the date of your injuries from a St. Joseph, MO auto accident to file your claim.
- Generally speaking, according to Missouri Revised Statute §516.120, you have 5 years from the date of your injury to file your auto accident injury claim in St. Joseph, MO or elsewhere in Missouri.
- If you were under the age of 21 at the time of the injury, or were mentally incapacitated at the time, Missouri Revised Statute §516.170 stipulates that you have 5 years after the date you turn 21 or that your "legal disability" ends.
- If you are injured by someone who was a resident of the state when the injury occurred, but later left the state before you filed a lawsuit, Missouri Revised Statute §516.200 stipulates that the time the defendant is out of the state does not apply toward the 5 years.
If you have been injured in an auto accident in St. Joseph, MO, the clock is already ticking for when you can make your claim. Do not hesitate, give the auto accident law firm of Burger Law a call now at (314) 500-HURT or reach out to us online to get justice and maximum compensation for your injuries. We start working on your St. Joseph, MO case right away and do not rest until we win your case.
What Are the Factors That Determine an Auto Accident Settlement in St. Joseph, MO?
As the meaning of an auto crash settlement is to adequately compensate you for your injuries, the severity of those injuries is the driving element in how much your settlement may be. Other aspects include the insurance policy in question, how your injuries have impacted your life, if you bear any responsibility for your accident and the capabilities of your St. Joseph, MO auto accident lawyer:
- The severity of your injuries — As more major injuries lead to more time lost from work in St. Joseph, MO and larger medical expenses, they generate higher settlements, especially when including the pain and suffering multiplier.
- How your injuries have impacted your life — The greater the effect on your mental, emotional and physical well-being, the more the noneconomic damages will be.
- The insurance policy — Missouri has a minimum insurance requirement of $25,000 for bodily injury, and while a skilled St. Joseph, MO car crash lawyer may be able to get you more, there are times where the compensation is dependant upon the negligent driver's and/or your insurance policy limits.
- If you are partially responsible — With comparative negligence policies like Missouri law observes, you can still receive financial compensation if you were partially to blame; but, the total amount will be less. As an example, if you are awarded $100,000 in damages but it is decided that you are 30 percent to blame for your accident, you would receive $70,000. Even if you were 99 percent at fault, you can still receive compensation in Missouri.
- Your car accident lawyer — You need an aggressive and skilled St. Joseph, MO attorney to combat the insurance company's tricks. Your auto accident attorney will also need to conduct an investigation into your accident, prove liability on the part of the other motorist and have a network of medical and economic experts in the St. Joseph, MO area and throughout MO to accurately calculate your claim. If the insurance company refuses to extend a fair settlement in negotiation, you will need an experienced trial attorney with courtroom savvy that will argue your case in front of a jury.
What Tricks Do Insurance Companies Use To Avoid Paying Claims?
When you have a personal injury claim, be aware of the tricks insurance c …
Is It Worth It to Get a Lawyer for a Car Accident?
Is It Worth It to Get a Lawyer for a Car Accident? If you've been injured …
When Should I Hire an Attorney After a Car Accident?
When Should I Hire an Attorney After a Car Accident? If you were injured …
What Do I Do After an Auto Accident in St. Joseph, MO?
Car crashes are never a pleasant experience, and they are often frightening and startling. However, it is important to keep a level head following an accident. According to the Burger Law St. Joseph, MO auto accident lawyers, you should follow these steps to ensure everyone’s safety and to get the best results from your claim in St. Joseph, MO:
- Check to see whether you or anyone else is injured. The most critical thing in a St. Joseph, MO car crash is everybody's well-being and safety. Check to see if anyone is injured and how significant their injuries are. If you or anyone is seriously injured, call 911 right away. If you are able and it is safe to do so, render aid to anyone who needs it.
- Get to safety. Do not move anyone who is severely injured until emergency medical personnel get there, and warn other vehicles of the crash. If you are unable to move your vehicle, turn on the emergency lights and exit to get to the side of the road when it is safe. Otherwise, get your vehicle to the side of the road and out of the way of oncoming traffic so no one ends up in a multi-car accident.
- Phone the police. Call the St. Joseph, MO or county police if you have not already dialed 911. Missouri Revised Statute §303.040 calls for Missouri drivers to report any motor vehicle crash that results in personal injury, death, or over $500 in property damage. If you are uncertain as to the extent of the damage or how bad your injuries are, err on the side of caution and call the police. Police in St. Joseph, MO are trained to offer an official account of what happened in accidents, and their report will go a long way in proving your claim and holding the other party accountable. It is also the law.
- Collect evidence and document the accident scene. Take photos of all vehicles involved, any injuries you sustained and other parts of the scene, like the road surrounding the crash. A lack of tire marks could be sufficient to prove that the other driver was distracted and is responsible for the car crash. If the other driver was drunk, take pictures of the authorities arresting them.
You should also trade insurance information with the other driver. If there were eyewitnesses, get their contact information so that your St. Joseph, MO auto accident attorney can take official depositions from them. As your memory will be freshest in the immediate aftermath, it is also a good idea to jot down everything you remember about the accident as some seemingly insignificant details may slip your mind that later turn out to be crucial.
- Get medical treatment. Even if you do not think your injuries are severe, it is a good idea to go to an urgent care facility in the St. Joseph, MO area after a car accident. With some injuries, adrenaline can frequently mask pain and you may not experience symptoms right away after a crash.
- Reach out to Burger Law. When you are seriously hurt in a car accident, it is essential to find a knowledgeable lawyer who can help you navigate the complexities of your case. An experienced lawyer who fights back against bullies like resistant insurance companies is frequently the only way you can truly get maximum compensation for your damages. Our lawyers have more than 70 years of combined experience standing up for the injured in St. Joseph, MO. We will be able to calculate exactly how much you are owed because we know car accident claims. Talking to us about your claim is free, so do not accept a settlement offer before asking an auto accident lawyer if it is actually fair. We are also knowledgeable trial attorneys, so if we cannot secure a fair financial recovery in negotiations, we will move the fight in front of a judge and jury.
What Should I Look For When Choosing an Auto Accident Lawyer in St. Joseph, MO?
When it comes to picking an auto accident lawyer in St. Joseph, MO, it is important to do your research and find the right attorney for the specifics of your case. Here are some key aspects to ponder:
- Experience: An experienced auto accident attorney knows the intricacies of the legal system and be able to help you fight against bullying insurance companies. Burger Law has over three decades of experience in the St. Joseph, MO area, and throughout Missouri, standing up to insurance companies and prosecutors on behalf of our clients.
- Specialization: Different lawyers are accomplished in different areas of the law, and it is important to find one who specializes in car crash cases. The Burger Law St. Joseph, MO auto accident lawyers are not only well steeped in car crash cases, we dedicate our careers to handling cases like yours and doing whatever it takes to get you full compensation for your medical bills, lost wages, other out-of-pocket expenses and the pain and suffering you have incurred due to your injuries.
- Reputation: It is also important to locate an attorney who is known in the community and who has a good reputation. Ask around for recommendations and read online reviews, and you will see Burger Law’s stellar track record throughout the St. Joseph, MO area.
- Communication: It is important to locate an attorney in St. Joseph, MO who is willing to answer your questions and is easy to talk to. Gary Burger has literally written the book on the absolutely essential questions to ask before you pick a lawyer. Our team always make sure you know what is transpiring in your case. We also handle all negotiation, documentation and litigation, also keeping you in the loop throughout these procedures. Call us today at (314) 500-HURT or complete our online form.
Reach Out To a Burger Law St. Joseph, MO Auto Accident Lawyer
No matter if it is some other auto accident lawyer near St. Joseph, MO or an offer from an insurance company, do not settle for less than you deserve. Burger Law has experienced, aggressive and unwavering auto accident attorneys ready and willing to stand by your side and fight for your rights throughout the life of your claim.
Call our St. Joseph, MO auto accident lawyer team today at (314) 500-HURT or reach out to us online. We do not collect any fees until we win your case. Get legal representation in St. Joseph, MO when you need it, and pay when you get paid.