Auto Accident Lawyer St. Peters, MO
Auto Accident Lawyer St. Peters, MO. When you or a loved one are seriously injured in an auto accident, Burger Law is the law firm to turn to in the St. Peters, MO area. Talk with a knowledgeable St. Peters, MO auto accident lawyer immediately at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online.
If you were injured in an auto accident, see how much your claim may be worth in St. Peters, MO, with our free personal injury calculator.
The Burger Law legal team fights for your rights and demands a full recovery in your St. Peters, MO car crash claim. Our attorneys have successfully recovered more than $200 million in settlement and trial results for our clients in St. Peters, MO and throughout Missouri, featuring a multi-year legal battle resulting in a trial verdict of $113 million. They will not stop until obtaining a complete recovery for you and your family.
Burger Law’s Successful Missouri Auto Accident Claims
At Burger Law, we believe that results matter. Our St. Peters, MO clients want to know that we are giving 100 percent to a case and win the best possible settlement on their behalf. The following are some recent examples of auto accident settlements we have won for clients:
- $300k Utility Terrain Vehicle Settlement
- On-Ramp Accident Leads to $327,000 Settlement
- $90,000 Settlement after Car Accident
- Head on Collision
- Rear End Accident Leads to $35,000 recovery
Injured in an Auto Accident? Contact a St. Peters, MO Auto Accident Lawyer
After an auto accident in St. Peters, MO, you should be focused on getting your injuries treated. You should not have to worry about fighting your insurance company for the medical care you need, or worrying about whether you are going to get the financial compensation you need for the car accident, or even court dates and legal jargon. The Burger Law St. Peters, MO auto accident lawyers can center all their efforts on the above facets.
Our attorneys are ready to fight for your rights, making sure that you get complete compensation for the recovery you deserve and return to a normal life. Give one of our St. Peters, MO auto accident lawyers a call now at (314) 500-HURT or fill out our online contact form. They are prepared to confidentially discuss the specifics of your case for free with no obligation.
What Are the Most Common Causes of Auto Accidents in St. Peters, MO?
Although there are some potentially dangerous events and conditions outside of our purview that can contribute to crashes, most auto accidents are caused by driver error. Auto accidents happen in what often feels like a blink of an eye. Research by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) estimates that human motorists are responsible for 94 percent of accidents that occur.
Some of the common causes of St. Peters, MO auto accidents are:
- Distracted Driving
- Texting and Driving
- Drunk Driving
- Hit and Run
- Construction Zones
- Failing to Yield
- Rain or Bad Weather
- Reckless Driving, including:
- Cutting another car off
- Weaving in and out of traffic
- Running red lights
- Blocking a car or changing speed to prevent another car from changing lanes, passing, etc.
- Refusing to use turn signals
- Forcing a car off the road
- Using high beams to interfere with another driver’s ability to see
What Is the Average Car Accident Settlement Amount in the St. Peters, MO Area?
Auto accidents are costly. According to the Insurance Information Institute, deaths, injuries and property damage in motor vehicle accidents cost $474 billion in 2020. The NHTSA, approximates that motor vehicle accidents cost society $7,300 per second in productivity lost.
In terms of the cost of paying out the average car accident settlement in St. Peters, MO, or anywhere for that matter, it can be difficult to pinpoint an exact figure as many settlements are confidential. However, generally speaking, the majority of auto accident settlements come in between $15,000 and $20,000. Injuries calling for more extensive medical care often reach $50,000 to $100,000, while injuries causing permanent disability or, in the worst cases, wrongful death, can result in damages of hundreds of thousands of dollars, if not millions.
In addition, we have extensive experience winning the following cases for our St. Peters, MO clients:
How Long Do I Have to File a Car Accident Claim in St. Peters, MO?
Once you are injured in a St. Peters, MO auto accident, the state of Missouri's statute of limitations dictates how long you have after the date of the accident to file your claim.
- In general terms, according to Missouri Revised Statute §516.120, you have 5 years from the date of your injury to file your auto accident injury claim in St. Peters, MO or elsewhere in Missouri.
- If you were mentally incapacitated at the time of the injury or under the age of 21 at the time, Missouri Revised Statute §516.170 stipulates that you have 5 years after the date you turn 21 or that your "legal disability" ends.
- If you are hurt by someone who was a resident of the state when the injury occurred, but left the state at a later date before you filed a lawsuit, Missouri Revised Statute §516.200 stipulates that the time the defendant is out of Missouri does not apply toward the five years.
If you have been injured in an auto accident in St. Peters, MO, the clock is already ticking for when you can make your claim. Do not hesitate, call the auto accident law firm of Burger Law today at (314) 500-HURT or reach out to us online to get justice and complete compensation for your injuries. We start working on your St. Peters, MO case immediately and do not rest until we win your case.
What Are the Factors That Determine an Auto Accident Settlement in St. Peters, MO?
As the meaning of a car crash settlement is to reasonable compensate you for your injuries, the seriousness of those injuries is the driving factor in how much your settlement could be. Other facets include how your injuries have impacted your life, the insurance policy in question, if you bear any responsibility for your accident and the capabilities of your St. Peters, MO car crash attorney:
- The severity of your injuries — As more major injuries lead to higher medical expenses and more time lost from work in St. Peters, MO, they lead to bigger settlements, particularly when factoring in the pain and suffering multiplier.
- How your injuries have impacted your life — The greater the effect on your mental, emotional and physical well-being, the higher the noneconomic damages will be.
- The insurance policy — Missouri has a minimum insurance requirement of $25,000 for bodily injury, and while a skilled St. Peters, MO auto accident lawyer may have the skills to get you more, there are occasions when you will be limited by the negligent driver's and/or your insurance policy limits.
- If you are partially responsible — With comparative negligence policies like Missouri law observes, you can still receive a financial recovery if you were partially responsible for the accident; but, the amount of compensation will be less. For example, if you are awarded $100,000 in damages but it is decided that you are 30 percent to blame for your accident, you would get $70,000. In Missouri, you can still receive compensation if you were 99 percent at fault.
- Your car accident lawyer — You need a skilled and aggressive St. Peters, MO lawyer to fight the insurance company and its tactics. Your auto accident lawyer will also need to investigate your crash, prove liability on the part of the other motorist and have a network of medical and economic professionals in the St. Peters, MO area and throughout MO to precisely calculate your claim. If the insurance company refuses to proffer a fair settlement in negotiation, you will need a knowledgeable trial attorney with courtroom savvy that will argue your case in front of a jury.
What Tricks Do Insurance Companies Use To Avoid Paying Claims?
When you have a personal injury claim, be aware of the tricks insurance c …
Is It Worth It to Get a Lawyer for a Car Accident?
Is It Worth It to Get a Lawyer for a Car Accident? If you've been injured …
When Should I Hire an Attorney After a Car Accident?
When Should I Hire an Attorney After a Car Accident? If you were injured …
What Do I Do After an Auto Accident in St. Peters, MO?
Car crashes are never a pleasant experience, and they are often startling and frightening. Yet, it is important to keep a level head following an accident. You should follow these steps to ensure everyone’s safety and to get the finest results from your claim in St. Peters, MO:
- Check to see whether you or anyone else is injured. The most critical thing in a St. Peters, MO car crash is everybody's well-being and safety. Assess the scene to see if anyone is injured and how significant their injuries are. If there are serious injuries to you or anyone else, call 911 immediately. If you are able and it is safe to do so, render aid to anyone who needs it.
- Get to safety. Do not move anyone who is severely injured until emergency medical personnel get there, and warn other motor vehicles of the accident. If you cannot move your vehicle, turn on the emergency lights and exit to get to the side of the road when it is safe. Otherwise, get your vehicle to the side of the road and out of the way of oncoming traffic so no one ends up in a multi-car accident.
- Phone the police. If you have not already called 911, call the St. Peters, MO or county police. Missouri Revised Statute §303.040 calls for Missouri motorists to report any motor vehicle accident that results in death, personal injury, or over $500 in property damage. If you are unsure as to the extent of the damage or how bad your injuries are, call the police and err on the side of caution. Not only is it the law, but police in St. Peters, MO are trained to offer an official account of what happened in accidents, and their report will go a long way in proving your claim and holding the other party accountable.
- Collect evidence and document the accident scene. Take pictures of all vehicles involved, any injuries you sustained and other parts of the scene, like the road around the crash. The lack of tire marks could be sufficient to prove that the other driver was distracted and is responsible for the car crash. If the other driver was drunk, take photos of the police arresting them.
You should also swap insurance information with the other driver. If there were eyewitnesses, collect their contact information so that your St. Peters, MO auto accident attorney can take official depositions from them. As your memory will be freshest in the immediate aftermath, it is also a good idea to jot down all that comes to mind about the crash as you may forget seemingly insignificant details that later turn out to be critical.
- Get medical treatment. Even if you do not think your injuries are severe, it is a good idea to go to an urgent care facility in the St. Peters, MO area after a car accident. Occassionally, with some injuries, adrenaline can often disguise pain and you may not experience symptoms immediately after an accident.
- Reach out to Burger Law. When you are seriously hurt in a car crash, it is essential to find a knowledgeable attorney who can assist in navigating the difficulties of your case. An experienced lawyer who fights back against resistant insurance companies is frequently the only way you can truly get maximum compensation for your damages. Our lawyers have more than 70 years of combined experience standing up for the injured in St. Peters, MO. We will be able to figure out precisely how much you are owed because we know car accident claims. Talking to us about your claim is free, so it is important to never accept a settlement offer before asking an auto accident lawyer if it is really adequate. We are also experienced trial lawyers, so if we cannot negotiate a fair financial recovery, we will take the fight to a judge and jury.
What Should I Look For When Choosing an Auto Accident Lawyer in St. Peters, MO?
When it comes to selecting an auto accident lawyer in St. Peters, MO, it is integral to do your homework and find the right attorney for the finer points of your case. The following are some key factors to consider:
- Experience: An experienced auto accident lawyer will know the ins and outs of the legal system and be able to help you fight against bullying insurance companies. Burger Law has over three decades of experience in the St. Peters, MO area, and throughout Missouri, standing up to insurance companies and prosecutors on behalf of our clients.
- Specialization: Different lawyers specialize in different aspects of the law, and it is critical to find one who specializes in auto accident cases. The Burger Law St. Peters, MO auto accident lawyers are not only well versed in car crash cases, we dedicate our careers to handling cases like yours and doing whatever it takes to get you full compensation for your lost wages, medical bills, other out-of-pocket expenses and the pain and suffering you have incurred due to your injuries.
- Reputation: It is also important to search for an attorney who has a good reputation and is known in the community. Ask around for recommendations and read online reviews, and you will see Burger Law’s stellar track record throughout the St. Peters, MO area.
- Communication: It is vital to locate an attorney in St. Peters, MO who is willing to answer your questions and is easy to talk to. Gary Burger has literally written the book on absolutely essential questions to ask before you select a lawyer. Our attorneys always ensure you know what is going on with your case. Additionally, we deal with all documentation, negotiation and litigation, also keeping you in the know throughout these procedures. Call us right away at (314) 500-HURT or complete our online form.
Reach Out To a Burger Law St. Peters, MO Auto Accident Lawyer
Whether it is some other St. Peters, MO auto accident attorney or an offer from an insurance company, do not settle for less than you deserve. Burger Law has experienced, aggressive and unwavering auto accident lawyers ready and willing to stand in your corner and fight for your rights throughout your claim.
Call our St. Peters, MO auto accident lawyers now at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online. We do not collect any fees until we win your case. Get legal representation in St. Peters, MO when you need it, and pay when you get paid.