Auto Accident Lawyer St. Robert, MO
Auto Accident Lawyer St. Robert, MO. When you or a loved one are seriously injured in an auto accident, Burger Law is the law firm to contact in the St. Robert, MO area. Speak to a knowledgeable St. Robert, MO auto accident lawyer immediately at (314) 500-HURT or reach out to us online.
If you were seriously injured in an auto accident, find out how much your claim may be worth in St. Robert, MO, with our free personal injury calculator.
The Burger Law lawyers fight for your rights and demands a full recovery in your St. Robert, MO car crash claim. Our lawyers have successfully recovered more than $200 million in settlement and trial results for our clients in St. Robert, MO and throughout Missouri, featuring a multi-year legal battle resulting in a trial verdict of $113 million. The team will not stop until obtaining a complete recovery for you.
Burger Law’s Successful Missouri Auto Accident Claims
At Burger Law, we believe that results matter. Our St. Robert, MO clients want to know that we are providing our entire attention to a case and win the best possible settlement on their behalf. Below are some recent examples of auto accident settlements we have won for clients:
- $300k Utility Terrain Vehicle Settlement
- On-Ramp Accident Leads to $327,000 Settlement
- $90,000 Settlement after Car Accident
- Head on Collision
- Rear End Accident Leads to $35,000 recovery
Injured in an Auto Accident? Contact a St. Robert, MO Auto Accident Lawyer
Following a car crash in St. Robert, MO, you should be focused on getting treatment for your injuries. You should not have to be concerned with battling your insurance company for the care you need, or wondering whether you are going to receive the financial recovery you need for the car accident, or even legal jargon and court dates. The Burger Law St. Robert, MO auto accident attorneys can concentrate all their efforts on the above facets.
Our attorneys are ready to fight for your rights, ensure that you get complete compensation for the recovery you need and get back to a normal life. Give one of our St. Robert, MO auto accident lawyers a call right now at (314) 500-HURT or fill out our online contact form. They are ready to confidentially talk about your case for free with no obligation.
What Are the Most Common Causes of Auto Accidents in St. Robert, MO?
Auto accidents happen in what often feels like a blink of an eye. Though there are several potentially hazardous conditions and events outside of our control that can contribute to crashes, most auto accidents are caused by driver error. Research by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) estimates that human motorists are responsible for 94 percent of accidents that occur.
Some of the common causes of St. Robert, MO car crashes include:
- Distracted Driving
- Texting and Driving
- Drunk Driving
- Hit and Run
- Construction Zones
- Failing to Yield
- Rain or Bad Weather
- Reckless Driving, including:
- Cutting another car off
- Weaving in and out of traffic
- Running red lights
- Blocking a car or changing speed to prevent another car from changing lanes, passing, etc.
- Refusing to use turn signals
- Forcing a car off the road
- Using high beams to interfere with another driver’s ability to see
What Is the Average Car Accident Settlement Amount in the St. Robert, MO Area?
Auto accidents are expensive. According to research from the Insurance Information Institute, deaths, injuries and property damage in motor vehicle accidents cost $474 billion in 2020. The NHTSA, estimates that auto crashes cost society $7,300 per second in loss of productivity.
In terms of the cost of paying out the average car accident settlement in St. Robert, MO, or anywhere for that matter, it can be hard to pinpoint a precise figure as the specifics of each case vary and many settlement amounts are confidential. However, generally speaking, most of auto crash settlements come in between $15,000 and $20,000. Injuries requiring more substantial medical care frequently reach $50,000 to $100,000, while injuries causing permanent disability or, in the worst cases, wrongful death, can result in damages of hundreds of thousands of dollars, if not millions.
In addition, we have extensive experience winning the following cases for our St. Robert, MO clients:
How Long Do I Have to File a Car Accident Claim in St. Robert, MO?
The state of Missouri's statute of limitations dictates how long you have after the date of your injuries from a St. Robert, MO auto accident to file your claim.
- Generally speaking, according to Missouri Revised Statute §516.120, you have 5 years from the date of your injury to file your auto accident injury claim in St. Robert, MO or elsewhere in Missouri.
- If you were under the age of 21 at the time of the injury, or were mentally incapacitated at the time, Missouri Revised Statute §516.170 says that you have 5 years after the date you turn 21 or that your "legal disability" ends.
- If you are hurt by someone who was a resident of Missouri when the injury occurred, but later left the state before you filed a lawsuit, Missouri Revised Statute §516.200 states that the time the defendant is out of the state does not apply toward the 5 years.
If you have been injured in an auto accident in St. Robert, MO, the clock is already ticking for when you can make your claim. Do not hesitate, give the auto accident law firm of Burger Law a call as soon as possible at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online to get justice and maximum compensation for your injuries. We start working on your St. Robert, MO claim immediately and do not rest until we win.
What Are the Factors That Determine an Auto Accident Settlement in St. Robert, MO?
As the purpose of an auto accident settlement is to fairly compensate you for your damages, the seriousness of those injuries is the compelling element in how much your settlement could be. Other aspects include how your injuries have impacted your life, the insurance policy in question, if you bear any responsibility for your accident and the abilities of your St. Robert, MO auto crash attorney:
- The seriousness of your injuries — As more serious injuries lead to larger medical expenses and more time lost from work in St. Robert, MO, they generate bigger settlements, especially when factoring in the pain and suffering multiplier.
- How your injuries have impacted your life — The greater the effect on your physical, emotional and mental well-being, the more the noneconomic damages will be.
- The insurance policy — Missouri has a minimum insurance requirement of $25,000 for bodily injury, and while a skilled St. Robert, MO car crash lawyer might be able to get you more, there are occasions when you will be limited by the negligent driver's and/or your insurance policy limits.
- If you are partially responsible — With comparative negligence policies like Missouri law observes, you can still be awarded a financial recovery if you were partially responsible for the accident; yet, the amount will be less. As an example, if you are awarded $100,000 in damages but it is decided that you are 30 percent to blame for your crash, you would get $70,000. You can still receive compensation in Missouri, even if you were 99 percent at fault.
- Your car accident lawyer — You need a skilled and aggressive St. Robert, MO attorney to fight the insurance company's tricks. Your auto accident attorney will also need to conduct an investigation into your crash, prove liability on the part of the other driver and have a network of economic and medical experts in the St. Robert, MO area and throughout MO to accurately calculate your claim. If the insurance company will not proffer a fair settlement in negotiation, you will need a knowledgeable trial attorney with courtroom savvy that will stand by your side and argue your case in front of a jury.
What Tricks Do Insurance Companies Use To Avoid Paying Claims?
When you have a personal injury claim, be aware of the tricks insurance c …
Is It Worth It to Get a Lawyer for a Car Accident?
Is It Worth It to Get a Lawyer for a Car Accident? If you've been injured …
When Should I Hire an Attorney After a Car Accident?
When Should I Hire an Attorney After a Car Accident? If you were injured …
What Do I Do After an Auto Accident in St. Robert, MO?
Auto accidents are not a pleasant experience, and they are often frightening and startling. Yet, it is crucial to stay calm in the aftermath of a crash. You should follow these steps to ensure everyone’s safety and to receive the premier results from your claim in St. Robert, MO:
- Check to see if you or anyone else is injured. The most important thing in a St. Robert, MO car crash is everybody's safety and well-being. Assess the scene to see if anyone is injured and how severe their injuries are. If there are serious injuries to you or anyone else, call 911 immediately. If you can and it is safe to do so, render first aid to anyone who needs it.
- Get to safety. If anyone is severely injured, do not move them until emergency medical personnel get there, and warn other motor vehicles of the accident. If you are unable to move your vehicle, turn on the emergency lights and exit to get to the side of the road when it is safe. Otherwise, get your vehicle to the side of the road and away from oncoming traffic to avoid a multi-car accident.
- Phone the police. Call the St. Robert, MO or county police if you have not already dialed 911. Missouri Revised Statute §303.040 calls for Missouri motorists to report any motor vehicle accident that results in death, personal injury, or over $500 in property damage. If you are uncertain as to the extent of the damage or how bad your injuries are, err on the side of caution and call the police. Police in St. Robert, MO are trained to provide an official, accurate account of what happened in accidents, and their report will go a long way in proving your claim and holding the other party accountable. It is also the law.
- Collect evidence and document the accident scene. Take photos of all vehicles involved, any injuries you sustained and other parts of the scene, such as the roadway surrounding the crash. The lack of tire marks may be sufficient to prove that the other driver was distracted and is responsible for the auto accident. If the other driver was drunk, take photos of law enforcement arresting them.
You should additionally swap insurance information with the other driver. If there were eyewitnesses, collect their contact information so that your St. Robert, MO auto accident attorney can take official depositions from them. As your memory will be freshest in the immediate aftermath, it is also a good idea to jot down all that comes to mind about the accident as you may forget seemingly insignificant details that later turn out to be crucial.
- Get medical treatment. Even if you do not think your injuries are severe, it is a good idea to go to an urgent care facility in the St. Robert, MO area after a car accident. Occassionally, with some injuries, adrenaline can often mask pain and you may not experience symptoms right away after an accident.
- Contact Burger Law. When you are seriously hurt in a car accident, it is beneficial to find a knowledgeable lawyer who can help you navigate the twists and turns of your case. An experienced, professional lawyer who pushes back against resistant insurance companies is often the only way you can really get maximum compensation for your damages. We have more than 70 years of combined experience standing up for the injured in St. Robert, MO. We know car accident claims and will be able to figure out exactly how much you are owed. Speaking with us about your claim is free, so it is important to never take a settlement offer before asking an auto accident lawyer if it is actually adequate. Additionally, we are experienced trial attorneys, so if we cannot secure a fair financial recovery in negotiations, we will move the fight in front of a judge and jury.
What Should I Look For When Choosing an Auto Accident Lawyer in St. Robert, MO?
When it comes to choosing an auto accident lawyer in St. Robert, MO, it is important to do your research and locate the ideal attorney for the finer points of your case. The following are some key aspects to ponder:
- Experience: An experienced auto accident lawyer will know the intricacies of the legal system and be able to help you fight against bullying insurance companies. Burger Law has nearly 30 years of experience in the St. Robert, MO area, and throughout Missouri, standing up to prosecutors and insurance companies on behalf of our clients.
- Specialization: Different attorneys are accomplished in different areas of the law, and it is important to find one who specializes in auto accident cases. The Burger Law St. Robert, MO auto accident lawyers are not only well steeped in car crash cases, we dedicate our careers to handling cases like yours and doing whatever it takes to get you full compensation for your lost wages, medical bills, various out-of-pocket expenses and the pain and suffering you have sustained because of your injuries.
- Reputation: It is also essential to search for a lawyer who is known in the community and who has a solid reputation. Ask around for recommendations and check online reviews, and you will see Burger Law’s stellar track record throughout the St. Robert, MO area.
- Communication: It is vital to locate a lawyer in St. Robert, MO who is easy to talk to and is willing to answer your questions. Gary Burger has literally written the book on the absolutely essential questions to ask before you select a lawyer. We always make sure you are in the know on what is transpiring in your case. We also handle all documentation, negotiation and litigation, also keeping you in the loop throughout these processes. Give us a call right away at (314) 500-HURT or complete our online form.
Contact a Burger Law St. Robert, MO Auto Accident Attorney
No matter if it is some other St. Robert, MO auto accident attorney or an offer from an insurance company, do not settle for less than you deserve. Burger Law has experienced, aggressive and unwavering auto accident attorneys ready and willing to stand by your side and fight for your rights throughout your claim.
Call our St. Robert, MO auto accident lawyers today at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online. We do not collect any fees until we win your case. Get legal representation in St. Robert, MO when you need it, and pay when you get paid.