Auto Accident Lawyer Sugar Creek, MO
Auto Accident Lawyer Sugar Creek, MO. If you or a loved one are seriously injured in an auto accident, Burger Law is the law firm to contact in the Sugar Creek, MO area. Speak to a knowledgeable Sugar Creek, MO auto accident lawyer right now at (314) 500-HURT or reach out to us online.
If you were injured in a car crash, find out how much your claim may be worth in Sugar Creek, MO, with our complimentary personal injury calculator.
The Burger Law lawyers fight for your rights and demands a full recovery in your Sugar Creek, MO car crash claim. Our lawyers have successfully recovered over $200 million in settlement and trial results for our clients in Sugar Creek, MO and throughout Missouri, featuring a multi-year legal battle resulting in a trial verdict of $113 million. Our lawyers will not stop until obtaining the best possible recovery for you and your family.
Burger Law’s Successful Missouri Auto Accident Claims
At Burger Law, we believe that results matter. Our Sugar Creek, MO clients want to know that we are giving 100 percent to a case and win the best possible settlement on their behalf. Below are some recent examples of auto accident settlements we have won for clients:
- $300k Utility Terrain Vehicle Settlement
- On-Ramp Accident Leads to $327,000 Settlement
- $90,000 Settlement after Car Accident
- Head on Collision
- Rear End Accident Leads to $35,000 recovery
Injured in an Auto Accident? Contact a Sugar Creek, MO Auto Accident Lawyer
After an auto accident in Sugar Creek, MO, you should be able to concentrate on getting your injuries treated. You should not have to be concerned with battling your insurance company for the medical care you need, or wondering whether you are going to receive the financial compensation you need and deserve for the car accident, or even court dates and legal jargon. The Burger Law Sugar Creek, MO auto accident lawyers can focus all their efforts on all of the above.
Our attorneys are ready to fight for your rights, ensure that you get complete compensation for the recovery you need and return to a normal life. Give one of our Sugar Creek, MO auto accident lawyers a call now at (314) 500-HURT or fill out our online contact form. They are able to confidentially talk about the specifics of your case for free with no obligation.
What Are the Most Common Causes of Auto Accidents in Sugar Creek, MO?
Auto accidents happen in what often feels like a blink of an eye. Though there are several potentially hazardous events and conditions outside of our control that can contribute to crashes, the majority of car crashes are caused by driver error. Research by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) estimates that human motorists are responsible for 94 percent of accidents that occur.
Some of the common causes of Sugar Creek, MO car crashes include:
- Distracted Driving
- Texting and Driving
- Drunk Driving
- Hit and Run
- Construction Zones
- Failing to Yield
- Rain or Bad Weather
- Reckless Driving, including:
- Cutting another car off
- Weaving in and out of traffic
- Running red lights
- Blocking a car or changing speed to prevent another car from changing lanes, passing, etc.
- Refusing to use turn signals
- Forcing a car off the road
- Using high beams to interfere with another driver’s ability to see
What Is the Average Car Accident Settlement Amount in the Sugar Creek, MO Area?
Auto accidents are costly. According to the Insurance Information Institute, property damage, injuries and deaths in auto accidents cost $474 billion in 2020. The NHTSA, approximates that auto crashes cost society $7,300 per second in productivity lost.
It can be hard to pinpoint an exact amount as many settlements are confidential, in terms of the average car accident settlement in Sugar Creek, MO, or anywhere for that matter. But, generally speaking, most of auto crash settlements come in between $15,000 and $20,000. Injuries requiring more extensive medical care often reach $50,000 to $100,000, while injuries resulting in permanent disability or, in the worst cases, wrongful death, can result in damages of hundreds of thousands of dollars, if not millions.
In addition, we have extensive experience winning the following cases for our Sugar Creek, MO clients:
How Long Do I Have to File a Car Accident Claim in Sugar Creek, MO?
The state of Missouri's statute of limitations dictates how long you have after the date of your injuries from a Sugar Creek, MO auto accident to file your claim.
- In general, according to Missouri Revised Statute §516.120, you have five years from the date of your injury to file your auto accident injury claim in Sugar Creek, MO or elsewhere in Missouri.
- If you were mentally incapacitated at the time of the injury or under the age of 21 at the time, Missouri Revised Statute §516.170 stipulates that you have 5 years after the date you turn 21 or that your "legal disability" ends.
- If you are hurt by someone who was a resident of Missouri when the injury happened, but later left the state before you filed a lawsuit, Missouri Revised Statute §516.200 states that the time the defendant is out of the state does not apply toward the five years.
If you have been injured in an auto accident in Sugar Creek, MO, the clock is already ticking for when you can make your claim. Do not prolong this, give the auto accident law firm of Burger Law a call as soon as possible at (314) 500-HURT or reach out to us online to get justice and complete compensation for your injuries. We start working on your Sugar Creek, MO case right away and do not rest until we win your case.
What Are the Factors That Determine an Auto Accident Settlement in Sugar Creek, MO?
As the meaning of an auto crash settlement is to reasonable compensate you for your damages, the severity of those injuries is the driving factor in how much your settlement might be. Other factors include how your injuries have impacted your life, the insurance policy in question, if you are to blame in any degree for your accident and the capabilities of your Sugar Creek, MO car accident attorney:
- The severity of your injuries — As more severe injuries lead to larger medical expenses and more time lost from work in Sugar Creek, MO, they give rise to higher settlements, particularly when factoring in the pain and suffering multiplier.
- How your injuries have impacted your life — The greater the effect on your mental, emotional and physical well-being, the higher the noneconomic damages will be.
- The insurance policy — Missouri has a minimum insurance requirement of $25,000 for bodily injury, and while a skilled Sugar Creek, MO auto accident lawyer may have the skills to get you more, there are occasions where you will be limited by the negligent driver's and/or your insurance policy limits.
- If you are partially responsible — With comparative negligence policies like Missouri law observes, you can still get a financial recovery if you were partially responsible for the accident; however, the amount of compensation will be less. As an example, if you are awarded $100,000 in damages but it is decided that you are 30 percent to blame for your accident, you would receive $70,000. Even if you were 99 percent at fault, you can still receive compensation in Missouri.
- Your car accident lawyer — You need a skilled and aggressive Sugar Creek, MO lawyer to combat the insurance company and its tactics. Your auto accident lawyer will also need to investigate your crash, prove liability on the part of the other motorist and have a network of economic and medical professionals in the Sugar Creek, MO area and throughout MO to precisely calculate your claim. If the insurance company will not extend a fair settlement in negotiation, you will need a knowledgeable trial lawyer with courtroom savvy that will stand by your side and argue your case in front of a jury.
What Tricks Do Insurance Companies Use To Avoid Paying Claims?
When you have a personal injury claim, be aware of the tricks insurance c …
Is It Worth It to Get a Lawyer for a Car Accident?
Is It Worth It to Get a Lawyer for a Car Accident? If you've been injured …
When Should I Hire an Attorney After a Car Accident?
When Should I Hire an Attorney After a Car Accident? If you were injured …
What Do I Do After an Auto Accident in Sugar Creek, MO?
Auto accidents are not a pleasant experience, and they are frequently frightening and startling. However, it is crucial to stay calm in the aftermath of a crash. You should follow these steps to ensure everyone’s well-being and to receive the premier results from your claim in Sugar Creek, MO:
- Check to see if you or anyone else is injured. The most important thing in a Sugar Creek, MO auto accident is everybody's well-being and safety. Check to see if anyone is injured and how significant their injuries are. If there are serious injuries to you or anyone else, call 911 immediately. If you can and it is safe to do so, render first aid to anyone who needs it.
- Get to safety. Do not move anyone who is severely injured until emergency medical personnel arrive, and warn other motor vehicles of the crash. If you cannot move your vehicle, turn on the emergency lights and exit to get to the side of the road when it is safe. Otherwise, get your vehicle to the side of the road and away from oncoming traffic to avoid a multi-car accident.
- Phone the police. Call the Sugar Creek, MO or county police if you have not already dialed 911. Missouri Revised Statute §303.040 demands Missouri motorists to report any motor vehicle accident that results in death, personal injury, or over $500 in property damage. If you are uncertain as to the extent of the damage or how severe your injuries are, call the police and err on the side of caution. Not only is it the law, but police in Sugar Creek, MO are trained to offer an official, accurate account of what happened in accidents, and their report will go a long way in proving your claim and holding the other party accountable.
- Collect evidence and document the accident scene. Take pictures of all vehicles involved, any injuries you sustained and other parts of the scene, like the road surrounding the crash. A lack of tire marks may be sufficient to prove that the other driver was distracted and is responsible for the car crash. If the other driver was drunk, take photos of the authorities arresting them.
You should also trade insurance information with the other driver. If there were bystanders who could be eyewitnesses, get their contact information so that your Sugar Creek, MO car accident lawyer can take official depositions from them. It is also a good idea to jot down everything you remember about the crash, as your memory will be freshest in the immediate aftermath, and some seemingly insignificant details may slip your mind that later turn out to be crucial.
- Get medical treatment. It is a good idea to go to an urgent care facility in the Sugar Creek, MO area after a car accident, even if you do not believe your injuries are severe. With some injuries, adrenaline can often mask pain and you may not experience symptoms immediately after a crash.
- Reach out to Burger Law. When you are seriously hurt in a car accident, it is necessary to find a knowledgeable lawyer who can assist in navigating the difficulties of your case. An experienced, professional lawyer who pushes back against bullies like resistant insurance companies is frequently the lone way you can truly get maximum compensation for your damages. Our lawyers have more than 70 years of combined experience standing up for the injured in Sugar Creek, MO. We will be able to figure out precisely how much you are owed because we know car accident claims. Talking to us about your claim is free, so it is vital to never take a settlement offer before asking an auto accident lawyer if it is really fair. Additionally, we are experienced trial attorneys, so if we cannot negotiate a fair financial recovery, we will move the fight in front of a judge and jury.
What Should I Look For When Choosing an Auto Accident Lawyer in Sugar Creek, MO?
When it comes to picking an auto accident lawyer in Sugar Creek, MO, it is integral to do your research and find the right attorney for the particulars of your case. The following are some key factors to consider:
- Experience: An experienced auto accident lawyer knows the ins and outs of the legal system and be able to help you fight against bullying insurance companies. Burger Law has over three decades of experience in the Sugar Creek, MO area, and throughout Missouri, standing up to insurance companies and prosecutors on behalf of our clients.
- Specialization: Different attorneys are accomplished in different areas of the law, and it is important to locate one who specializes in auto accident cases. The Burger Law Sugar Creek, MO auto accident attorneys not only specialize in car crash cases, we dedicate our careers to handling cases like yours and doing whatever it takes to get you full compensation for your lost wages, medical bills, other out-of-pocket expenses and the pain and suffering you have incurred due to your injuries.
- Reputation: It is also important to locate an attorney who has a solid reputation and is known in the community. Ask around for recommendations and read online reviews, and you will notice Burger Law’s distinguished track record throughout the Sugar Creek, MO area.
- Communication: It is important to find a lawyer in Sugar Creek, MO who is easy to talk to and is willing to answer your questions. Gary Burger has literally written the book on the absolutely essential questions to ask before you select a lawyer. We always make sure you know what is transpiring in your case. We also deal with all documentation, negotiation and litigation, also keeping you aware throughout these procedures. Call us as soon as possible at (314) 500-HURT or complete our online form.
Contact a Burger Law Sugar Creek, MO Auto Accident Lawyer
No matter if it is some other auto accident lawyer near Sugar Creek, MO or an offer from an insurance company, do not settle for less than you deserve. Burger Law has experienced, aggressive and unwavering auto accident lawyers ready and willing to stand by your side and fight for your rights throughout your claim.
Give our Sugar Creek, MO auto accident lawyer team a call now at (314) 500-HURT or reach out to us online. We do not collect any fees until we win your case. Get legal representation in Sugar Creek, MO when you need it, and pay when you get paid.