Auto Accident Lawyer Town & Country, MO
Auto Accident Lawyer Town & Country, MO. When you or a loved one are seriously injured in an auto accident, Burger Law is the law firm to call in the Town & Country, MO area. Talk with an experienced Town & Country, MO auto accident lawyer right now at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online.
If you were seriously injured in an auto accident, see how much your claim might be worth in Town & Country, MO, with our complimentary personal injury calculator.
The Burger Law lawyers fight for your rights and demands a full recovery in your Town & Country, MO car crash claim. Our lawyers have successfully recovered more than $200 million in settlement and trial results for our clients in Town & Country, MO and throughout Missouri, featuring a multi-year legal battle resulting in a trial verdict of $113 million. Our lawyers will stop nothing short of the best possible recovery for you and your family.
Burger Law’s Successful Missouri Auto Accident Claims
At Burger Law, we believe that results matter. Our Town & Country, MO clients want to know that we are giving 100 percent to a case and win the best possible settlement on their behalf. Below are some recent examples of car crash settlements we have won for clients:
- $300k Utility Terrain Vehicle Settlement
- On-Ramp Accident Leads to $327,000 Settlement
- $90,000 Settlement after Car Accident
- Head on Collision
- Rear End Accident Leads to $35,000 recovery
Injured in an Auto Accident? Contact a Town & Country, MO Auto Accident Lawyer
Following a car crash in Town & Country, MO, you should be focused on getting treatment for your injuries. You should not have to worry about fighting your insurance company for the care you need, or wondering whether you are going to get the financial compensation you deserve for the car accident, or even court dates and legal jargon. The Burger Law Town & Country, MO auto accident attorneys can concentrate all their efforts on the above facets.
Our attorneys are ready to fight for your rights, ensure that you get complete compensation for the recovery you deserve and return to a normal life. Give one of our Town & Country, MO auto accident lawyers a call right away at (314) 500-HURT or fill out our online contact form. They are ready to confidentially discuss the specifics of your case for free with no obligation.
What Are the Most Common Causes of Auto Accidents in Town & Country, MO?
Although there are several potentially dangerous events and conditions outside of our purview that can contribute to crashes, the majority of auto accidents are caused by driver error. Auto accidents happen in what often feels like a blink of an eye. Research by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) estimates that human motorists are responsible for 94 percent of crashes that take place.
Some of the common causes of Town & Country, MO car crashes include:
- Distracted Driving
- Texting and Driving
- Drunk Driving
- Hit and Run
- Construction Zones
- Failing to Yield
- Rain or Bad Weather
- Reckless Driving, including:
- Cutting another car off
- Weaving in and out of traffic
- Running red lights
- Blocking a car or changing speed to prevent another car from changing lanes, passing, etc.
- Refusing to use turn signals
- Forcing a car off the road
- Using high beams to interfere with another driver’s ability to see
What Is the Average Car Accident Settlement Amount in the Town & Country, MO Area?
Auto accidents are costly. According to research from the Insurance Information Institute, deaths, injuries and property damage in motor vehicle accidents cost $474 billion in 2020. The NHTSA, estimates that motor vehicle accidents cost society $7,300 per second in loss of productivity.
It can be difficult to pinpoint a precise figure as the specifics of each case vary and many settlement amounts are confidential, in terms of the average car accident settlement in Town & Country, MO, or anywhere for that matter. But, generally speaking, most of auto crash settlements come in between $15,000 and $20,000. Injuries needing more extensive medical care frequently reach $50,000 to $100,000, while injuries causing permanent disability or, in the worst cases, wrongful death, can bring about damages of hundreds of thousands of dollars, if not millions.
In addition, we have extensive experience winning the following cases for our Town & Country, MO clients:
How Long Do I Have to File a Car Accident Claim in Town & Country, MO?
Once you are injured in a Town & Country, MO auto accident, the state of Missouri's statute of limitations dictates how long you have after the date of the accident to file your claim.
- Generally speaking, according to Missouri Revised Statute §516.120, you have 5 years from the date of your injury to file your personal injury claim in Town & Country, MO or elsewhere in Missouri.
- If you were under the age of 21 at the time of the injury, or were mentally incapacitated at the time, Missouri Revised Statute §516.170 says that you have 5 years after the date you turn 21 or that your "legal disability" ends.
- If you are injured by someone who was a resident of the state when the injury happened, but left the state at a later date before you filed a lawsuit, Missouri Revised Statute §516.200 says that the time the defendant is out of the state does not apply toward the five years.
The clock is already ticking for when you can make your claim, if you have been hurt in a Town & Country, MO auto accident. Do not wait, call the auto accident law firm of Burger Law now at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online to get justice and complete compensation for your injuries. We begin working on your Town & Country, MO case right away and do not stop until we win.
What Are the Factors That Determine an Auto Accident Settlement in Town & Country, MO?
As the meaning of a car accident settlement is to reasonable compensate you for your injuries, the seriousness of those injuries is the driving element in how much your settlement may be. Other aspects include the insurance policy in question, how your injuries have impacted your life, if you bear any responsibility for your accident and the abilities of your Town & Country, MO auto crash attorney:
- The seriousness of your injuries — As more severe injuries lead to more time lost from work in Town & Country, MO and higher medical expenses, they give rise to higher settlements, especially when factoring in the pain and suffering multiplier.
- How your injuries have impacted your life — The greater the effect on your physical, emotional and mental well-being, the higher the noneconomic damages will be.
- The insurance policy — Missouri has a minimum insurance requirement of $25,000 for bodily injury, and while a skilled Town & Country, MO car crash lawyer might be able to get you more, there are occasions when the compensation is dependant upon the negligent driver's and/or your insurance policy limits.
- If you are partially responsible — With comparative negligence policies like Missouri law observes, you can still receive financial compensation if you were partially responsible for the accident; but, the amount will be less. For example, if you are awarded $100,000 in damages but it is found that you are 30 percent to blame for your crash, you would receive $70,000. Even if you were 99 percent at fault, you can still receive compensation in Missouri.
- Your car accident lawyer — You need an aggressive and skilled Town & Country, MO lawyer to combat the insurance company and its tactics. Your auto accident lawyer will also need to investigate your crash, prove liability on the part of the other motorist and have a network of medical and economic professionals in the Town & Country, MO area and throughout MO to precisely value your claim. If the insurance company will not extend a fair settlement in negotiation, you will need a knowledgeable trial lawyer with courtroom savvy that will argue your case in front of a jury.
What Tricks Do Insurance Companies Use To Avoid Paying Claims?
When you have a personal injury claim, be aware of the tricks insurance c …
Is It Worth It to Get a Lawyer for a Car Accident?
Is It Worth It to Get a Lawyer for a Car Accident? If you've been injured …
When Should I Hire an Attorney After a Car Accident?
When Should I Hire an Attorney After a Car Accident? If you were injured …
What Do I Do After an Auto Accident in Town & Country, MO?
Auto accidents are never a pleasant experience, and they are often startling and frightening. Yet, it is crucial to keep a level head following a crash. You should follow these steps to ensure everyone’s well-being and to receive the premier results from your claim in Town & Country, MO:
- Check to see if you or anyone else is injured. The most critical thing in a Town & Country, MO car crash is everybody's safety and well-being. Check to see if anyone is injured and how severe their injuries are. If you or anyone is seriously injured, call 911 right away. If you can and it is safe to do so, render first aid to anyone who needs it.
- Get to safety. If anyone is severely injured, do not move them until emergency medical personnel get there, and alert other motor vehicles of the accident. If you cannot move your vehicle, turn on the emergency lights and exit to get to the side of the road when it is safe. Otherwise, move your vehicle to the side of the road and out of the way of oncoming traffic to avoid a multi-car accident.
- Phone the police. Call the Town & Country, MO or county police if you have not already dialed 911. Missouri Revised Statute §303.040 calls for Missouri drivers to report any motor vehicle crash that results in personal injury, death, or over $500 in property damage. If you are uncertain as to the extent of the damage or how severe your injuries are, err on the side of caution and call the police. Police in Town & Country, MO are trained to provide an official account of what happened in accidents, and their report will go a long way in proving your claim and holding the other party accountable. It is also the law.
- Document the accident scene and collect evidence. Take pictures of all vehicles involved, any injuries you sustained and other parts of the scene, such as the road surrounding the crash. A lack of tire marks may be sufficient to prove that the other driver was distracted and is responsible for the car crash. If the other driver was drunk, take pictures of the police arresting them.
You should also exchange insurance information with the other driver. If there were eyewitnesses, collect their contact information so that your Town & Country, MO auto accident attorney can take official depositions from them. It is also a good idea to write down everything you remember about the accident, as your memory will be freshest in the immediate aftermath, and some seemingly insignificant details may slip your mind that later turn out to be critical.
- Get medical treatment. Even if you do not believe your injuries are severe, it is a good idea to go to an urgent care facility in the Town & Country, MO area after a car accident. With some injuries, you may not experience symptoms right away, and adrenaline can frequently mask pain after a crash.
- Contact Burger Law. When you are seriously injured in an auto accident, it is beneficial to find a knowledgeable attorney who can help you navigate the difficulties of your case. An experienced attorney who pushes back against resistant insurance companies is frequently the lone way you can really receive maximum compensation for your injuries. Our attorneys have over 70 years of combined experience standing up for the injured in Town & Country, MO. We know car accident claims and will be able to figure out precisely how much you are owed. Talking to us about your claim is free, so it is important to never accept a settlement offer prior to asking an auto accident lawyer if it is actually adequate. We are also experienced trial lawyers, so if we cannot negotiate a fair financial recovery, we will move the fight to a jury and a judge.
What Should I Look For When Choosing an Auto Accident Lawyer in Town & Country, MO?
When it comes to picking an auto accident lawyer in Town & Country, MO, it is integral to do your homework and find the right attorney for the specifics of your case. Here are some key factors to consider:
- Experience: An experienced auto accident attorney will know the ins and outs of the legal system and be able to help you fight against bullying insurance companies. Burger Law has over three decades of experience in the Town & Country, MO area, and throughout Missouri, standing up to insurance companies and prosecutors on behalf of our clients.
- Specialization: Different attorneys specialize in different areas of the law, and it is important to find one who specializes in auto accident cases. The Burger Law Town & Country, MO auto accident lawyers not only specialize in car crash cases, we dedicate our careers to handling cases like yours and doing whatever it takes to get you full compensation for your lost wages, medical bills, other out-of-pocket expenses and the pain and suffering you have incurred because of your injuries.
- Reputation: It is also essential to look for an attorney who is known in the community and who has a good reputation. Ask around for recommendations and check online reviews, and you will see Burger Law’s stellar track record throughout the Town & Country, MO area.
- Communication: It is vital to locate an attorney in Town & Country, MO who is willing to answer your questions and is easy to talk to. Gary Burger has literally written the book on absolutely essential questions to ask before you choose a lawyer. Our attorneys always make sure you are in the know on what is transpiring in your case. Additionally, we handle all negotiation, documentation and litigation, also keeping you in the know throughout these procedures. Call us today at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online.
Reach Out To a Burger Law Town & Country, MO Auto Accident Attorney
Do not settle for less than you deserve, whether it is some other Town & Country, MO auto accident attorney or an offer from an insurance company. Burger Law has experienced, aggressive and unwavering auto accident attorneys ready and willing to stand in your corner and fight for your rights throughout the life of your claim.
Give our Town & Country, MO auto accident lawyer team a call now at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online. We do not collect any fees until we win your case. Get legal representation in Town & Country, MO when you need it, and pay when you get paid.