Auto Accident Lawyer Warrensburg, MO
Auto Accident Lawyer Warrensburg, MO. When you or a loved one are seriously injured in an auto accident, Burger Law is the law firm to contact in the Warrensburg, MO area. Speak to a knowledgeable Warrensburg, MO auto accident lawyer right now at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online.
If you were injured in a car crash, find out how much your claim may be worth in Warrensburg, MO, with our complimentary personal injury calculator.
The Burger Law lawyers fight for your rights and demands a full recovery in your Warrensburg, MO auto accident claim. Our legal team has successfully recovered more than $200 million in settlement and trial results for our clients in Warrensburg, MO and throughout Missouri, including a multi-year legal battle resulting in a trial verdict of $113 million. Our lawyers will stop nothing short of the best possible recovery for you.
Burger Law’s Successful Missouri Auto Accident Claims
At Burger Law, we believe that results matter. Our Warrensburg, MO clients want to know that we are providing our complete attention to a case and win the best possible settlement on their behalf. The following are some recent examples of car crash settlements we have won for clients:
- $300k Utility Terrain Vehicle Settlement
- On-Ramp Accident Leads to $327,000 Settlement
- $90,000 Settlement after Car Accident
- Head on Collision
- Rear End Accident Leads to $35,000 recovery
Injured in an Auto Accident? Contact a Warrensburg, MO Auto Accident Lawyer
After an auto accident in Warrensburg, MO, you should be able to concentrate on getting treatment for your injuries. You should not have to be concerned with fighting your insurance company for the medical care you need, or worrying about whether you are going to receive the financial compensation you need and deserve for the car accident, or even legal jargon and court dates. The Burger Law Warrensburg, MO auto accident attorneys can focus all their efforts on all of the above.
Our lawyers are ready to fight for your rights, ensure that you get complete compensation for the recovery you deserve and get back to a normal life. Give one of our Warrensburg, MO auto accident lawyers a call now at (314) 500-HURT or fill out our online contact form. They are able to confidentially discuss the specifics of your case for free with no obligation.
What Are the Most Common Causes of Auto Accidents in Warrensburg, MO?
Although there are several possible hazardous events and conditions outside of our control that can contribute to crashes, the majority of car crashes are caused by driver error. Auto accidents happen in what often feels like a blink of an eye. Research by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) estimates that human motorists are responsible for 94 percent of crashes that take place.
Some of the common causes of Warrensburg, MO car crashes include:
- Distracted Driving
- Texting and Driving
- Drunk Driving
- Hit and Run
- Construction Zones
- Failing to Yield
- Rain or Bad Weather
- Reckless Driving, including:
- Cutting another car off
- Weaving in and out of traffic
- Running red lights
- Blocking a car or changing speed to prevent another car from changing lanes, passing, etc.
- Refusing to use turn signals
- Forcing a car off the road
- Using high beams to interfere with another driver’s ability to see
What Is the Average Car Accident Settlement Amount in the Warrensburg, MO Area?
Auto accidents are expensive. According to research from the Insurance Information Institute, deaths, injuries and property damage in auto accidents cost $474 billion in 2020. The NHTSA, approximates that motor vehicle accidents cost society $7,300 per second in productivity lost.
It can be hard to pinpoint an exact figure as many settlements are confidential, in terms of the average car accident settlement in Warrensburg, MO, or anywhere for that matter. But, generally speaking, most of car accident settlements come in between $15,000 and $20,000. Injuries calling for more substantial medical care often reach $50,000 to $100,000, while injuries causing permanent disability or, in the worst cases, wrongful death, can result in damages of hundreds of thousands of dollars, if not millions.
In addition, we have extensive experience winning the following cases for our Warrensburg, MO clients:
How Long Do I Have to File a Car Accident Claim in Warrensburg, MO?
Once you are injured in a Warrensburg, MO auto accident, the state of Missouri's statute of limitations dictates how long you have after the date of the accident to file your claim.
- In general terms, according to Missouri Revised Statute §516.120, you have five years from the date of your injury to file your auto accident injury claim in Warrensburg, MO or elsewhere in Missouri.
- If you were mentally incapacitated at the time of the injury or under the age of 21 at the time, Missouri Revised Statute §516.170 says that you have 5 years after the date you turn 21 or that your "legal disability" ends.
- If you are injured by someone who was a resident of Missouri when the injury happened, but later left the state before you filed a lawsuit, Missouri Revised Statute §516.200 states that the time the defendant is out of Missouri does not apply toward the 5 years.
The clock is already ticking for when you can make your claim, if you have been hurt in a Warrensburg, MO auto accident. Do not wait, give the auto accident law firm of Burger Law a call today at (314) 500-HURT or reach out to us online to get justice and complete compensation for your injuries. We start working on your Warrensburg, MO case right away and do not rest until we win your case.
What Are the Factors That Determine an Auto Accident Settlement in Warrensburg, MO?
As the meaning of an auto crash settlement is to reasonable compensate you for your injuries, the severity of those injuries is the driving factor in how much your settlement could be. Other aspects include the insurance policy in question, how your injuries have impacted your life, if you bear any responsibility for your accident and the capabilities of your Warrensburg, MO car accident lawyer:
- The severity of your injuries — As more serious injuries lead to larger medical expenses and more time lost from work in Warrensburg, MO, they generate bigger settlements, particularly when including the pain and suffering multiplier.
- How your injuries have impacted your life — The greater the effect on your mental, emotional and physical well-being, the more the noneconomic damages will be.
- The insurance policy — Missouri has a minimum insurance requirement of $25,000 for bodily injury, and while a skilled Warrensburg, MO auto accident lawyer might have the skills to get you more, there are times when the compensation is dependant upon the negligent driver's and/or your insurance policy limits.
- If you are partially responsible — With comparative negligence policies like Missouri law observes, you can still be awarded financial compensation if you were partially to blame; yet, the amount will be less. As an example, if you are awarded $100,000 in damages but it is decided that you are 30 percent to blame for your crash, you would get $70,000. You can still receive compensation in Missouri, even if you were 99 percent at fault.
- Your car accident lawyer — You need a skilled and aggressive Warrensburg, MO attorney to combat the insurance company's tricks. Your auto accident lawyer will also need to investigate your accident, prove liability on the part of the other driver and have a network of medical and economic experts in the Warrensburg, MO area and throughout MO to accurately calculate your claim. If the insurance company refuses to extend a fair settlement, you will need a knowledgeable trial attorney with courtroom savvy that will argue your case in front of a jury.
What Tricks Do Insurance Companies Use To Avoid Paying Claims?
When you have a personal injury claim, be aware of the tricks insurance c …
Is It Worth It to Get a Lawyer for a Car Accident?
Is It Worth It to Get a Lawyer for a Car Accident? If you've been injured …
When Should I Hire an Attorney After a Car Accident?
When Should I Hire an Attorney After a Car Accident? If you were injured …
What Do I Do After an Auto Accident in Warrensburg, MO?
Auto accidents are not a pleasant experience, and they are frequently frightening and startling. Yet, it is crucial to keep a level head in the aftermath of an accident. According to the Burger Law Warrensburg, MO auto accident lawyers, you should follow these steps to ensure everyone’s safety and to get the finest results from your claim in Warrensburg, MO:
- Check to see whether you or anyone else is injured. The most critical thing in a Warrensburg, MO auto accident is everybody's safety and well-being. Check to see if anyone is injured and how significant their injuries are. If you or anyone is seriously injured, call 911 right away. If you can and it is safe to do so, render aid to anyone who needs it.
- Get to safety. Do not move anyone who is severely injured until emergency medical technicians arrive, and alert other vehicles of the accident. If you cannot move your vehicle, turn on the emergency lights and exit to get to the side of the road whenever it is safe. Otherwise, move your vehicle to the side of the road and away from oncoming traffic so no one ends up in a multi-car accident.
- Call the police. Call the Warrensburg, MO or county police if you have not already dialed 911. Missouri Revised Statute §303.040 calls for Missouri drivers to report any motor vehicle accident that ends in death, personal injury, or over $500 in property damage. If you are uncertain as to the extent of the damage or how bad your injuries are, err on the side of caution and call the police. Police in Warrensburg, MO are trained to provide an official account of what happened in crashes, and their report will go a long way in proving your claim and holding the other party accountable. It is also the law.
- Collect evidence and document the accident scene. Take photos of all vehicles involved, any injuries you sustained and other parts of the scene, like the roadway around the accident. A lack of tire marks may be sufficient to prove that the other driver was distracted and is responsible for the auto accident. If the other driver was drunk, take photos of the police arresting them.
You should additionally exchange insurance information with the other driver. If there were eyewitnesses, collect their contact information so your Warrensburg, MO auto accident lawyer will be able to take official depositions from them. It is also a good idea to write down everything you remember about the accident, as your memory will be freshest in the immediate aftermath, and some seemingly insignificant details may slip your mind that later turn out to be crucial.
- Get medical treatment. Even if you do not think your injuries are severe, it is a good idea to go to an urgent care facility in the Warrensburg, MO area after a car accident. Occassionally, with some injuries, you may not experience symptoms right away, and adrenaline can frequently disguise pain after an accident.
- Reach out to Burger Law. When you are seriously injured in an auto accident, it is beneficial to find an informed attorney who can assist in navigating the twists and turns of your case. An experienced lawyer who pushes back against bullies like resistant insurance companies is often the only way you can truly get maximum compensation for your damages. Our attorneys have more than 70 years of combined experience standing up for the injured in Warrensburg, MO. We will be able to figure out exactly how much you are owed because we know car accident claims. Speaking with us about your claim is free, so it is important to never take a settlement offer prior to asking an auto accident attorney if it is really adequate. Additionally, we are knowledgeable trial attorneys, so if we cannot secure a fair financial recovery in negotiations, we will take the fight to a jury and a judge.
What Should I Look For When Selecting an Auto Accident Lawyer in Warrensburg, MO?
When it comes to choosing an auto accident lawyer in Warrensburg, MO, it is integral to do your research and find the right attorney for the particulars of your case. The following are some key aspects to ponder:
- Experience: An experienced auto accident lawyer will know the ins and outs of the legal system and be able to help you fight against bullying insurance companies. Burger Law has over three decades of experience in the Warrensburg, MO area, and throughout Missouri, standing up to insurance companies and prosecutors on behalf of our clients.
- Specialization: Different lawyers are accomplished in different specifics of the law, and it is important to locate one who specializes in car crash cases. The Burger Law Warrensburg, MO auto accident lawyers are not only well versed in car crash cases, we dedicate our careers to handling cases like yours and doing whatever it takes to get you full compensation for your lost wages, medical bills, other out-of-pocket expenses and the pain and suffering you have incurred due to your injuries.
- Reputation: It is also important to look for a lawyer who has a solid reputation and is known in the community. Ask around for recommendations and read online reviews, and you will notice Burger Law’s distinguished track record throughout the Warrensburg, MO area.
- Communication: It is crucial to find an attorney in Warrensburg, MO who is willing to answer your questions and is easy to talk to. Gary Burger has literally written the book on absolutely essential questions to ask before you select a lawyer. Our team always ensure you are in the know on what is transpiring in your case. We also deal with all documentation, negotiation and litigation, also keeping you in the know throughout these procedures. Call us as soon as possible at (314) 500-HURT or complete our online form.
Contact a Burger Law Warrensburg, MO Auto Accident Lawyer
Do not settle for less than you deserve, no matter if it is some other auto accident lawyer near Warrensburg, MO or an offer from an insurance company. Burger Law has knowledgeable, aggressive and unwavering auto accident lawyers ready to stand by your side and fight for your rights throughout the life of your claim.
Give our Warrensburg, MO auto accident lawyer team a call now at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online. We do not collect any fees until we win your case. Get legal representation in Warrensburg, MO when you need it, and pay when you get paid.