Auto Accident Lawyer Waynesville, MO
Auto Accident Lawyer Waynesville, MO. If you or a loved one are seriously injured in an auto accident, Burger Law is the law firm to contact in the Waynesville, MO area. Speak to a knowledgeable Waynesville, MO auto accident lawyer immediately at (314) 500-HURT or reach out to us online.
If you were injured in a car crash, find out how much your claim might be worth in Waynesville, MO, with our free personal injury calculator.
The Burger Law legal team fights for your rights and demands a full recovery in your Waynesville, MO auto accident claim. Our legal team has successfully recovered more than $200 million in settlement and trial results for our clients in Waynesville, MO and throughout Missouri, featuring a multi-year legal battle resulting in a trial verdict of $113 million. The team will stop nothing short of a complete recovery for you and your family.
Burger Law’s Successful Missouri Auto Accident Claims
At Burger Law, we believe that results matter. Our Waynesville, MO clients want to know that we are giving 100 percent to a case and win the best possible settlement on their behalf. Below are some recent examples of car crash settlements we have won for clients:
- $300k Utility Terrain Vehicle Settlement
- On-Ramp Accident Leads to $327,000 Settlement
- $90,000 Settlement after Car Accident
- Head on Collision
- Rear End Accident Leads to $35,000 recovery
Injured in an Auto Accident? Contact a Waynesville, MO Auto Accident Lawyer
After an auto accident in Waynesville, MO, you should be focused on getting your injuries treated. You should not have to worry about fighting your insurance company for the care you need, or worrying about whether you are going to receive the financial compensation you deserve for the car accident, or even legal jargon and court dates. The Burger Law Waynesville, MO auto accident attorneys can focus all their efforts on the above facets.
Our lawyers are ready to fight for your rights, making sure that you get complete compensation for the recovery you deserve and return to a normal life. Give one of our Waynesville, MO auto accident lawyers a call right away at (314) 500-HURT or fill out our online contact form. They are able to confidentially discuss your case for free with no obligation.
What Are the Most Common Causes of Auto Accidents in Waynesville, MO?
Although there are some possible hazardous events and conditions outside of our purview that can contribute to crashes, most car crashes are caused by driver error. Auto accidents happen in what often feels like a blink of an eye. Research by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) estimates that human motorists are responsible for 94 percent of crashes that occur.
Some of the most common causes of Waynesville, MO auto accidents include:
- Distracted Driving
- Texting and Driving
- Drunk Driving
- Hit and Run
- Construction Zones
- Failing to Yield
- Rain or Bad Weather
- Reckless Driving, including:
- Cutting another car off
- Weaving in and out of traffic
- Running red lights
- Blocking a car or changing speed to prevent another car from changing lanes, passing, etc.
- Refusing to use turn signals
- Forcing a car off the road
- Using high beams to interfere with another driver’s ability to see
What Is the Average Car Accident Settlement Amount in the Waynesville, MO Area?
Auto accidents are costly. According to research from the Insurance Information Institute, deaths, injuries and property damage in motor vehicle accidents cost $474 billion in 2020. The NHTSA, approximates that motor vehicle accidents cost society $7,300 per second in productivity lost.
In terms of the cost of paying out the average car accident settlement in Waynesville, MO, or anywhere for that matter, it can be difficult to pinpoint an exact figure as the specifics of each case vary and many settlement amounts are confidential. But, generally speaking, most of auto crash settlements come in between $15,000 and $20,000. Injuries calling for more comprehensive medical care frequently reach $50,000 to $100,000, while injuries resulting in permanent disability or, in the worst cases, wrongful death, can bring about damages of hundreds of thousands of dollars, if not millions.
In addition, we have extensive experience winning the following cases for our Waynesville, MO clients:
How Long Do I Have to File a Car Accident Claim in Waynesville, MO?
The state of Missouri's statute of limitations dictates how long you have after the date of your injuries from a Waynesville, MO auto accident to file your claim.
- In general terms, according to Missouri Revised Statute §516.120, you have five years from the date of your injury to file your auto accident injury claim in Waynesville, MO or elsewhere in Missouri.
- If you were mentally incapacitated at the time of the injury or under the age of 21 at the time, Missouri Revised Statute §516.170 stipulates that you have 5 years after the date you turn 21 or that your "legal disability" ends.
- If you are hurt by someone who was a resident of Missouri when the injury occurred, but later left the state before you filed a lawsuit, Missouri Revised Statute §516.200 says that the time the defendant is out of the state does not apply toward the 5 years.
If you have been injured in an auto accident in Waynesville, MO, the clock is already ticking for when you can make your claim. Do not wait, call the auto accident law firm of Burger Law today at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online to get justice and complete compensation for your injuries. We start working on your Waynesville, MO case immediately and do not rest until we win your case.
What Are the Factors That Determine an Auto Accident Settlement in Waynesville, MO?
As the meaning of an auto accident settlement is to fairly compensate you for your damages, the seriousness of those injuries is the driving element in how much your settlement might be. Other facets include the insurance policy in question, how your injuries have impacted your life, if you bear any responsibility for your accident and the abilities of your Waynesville, MO car accident lawyer:
- The severity of your injuries — As more serious injuries lead to higher medical expenses and more time lost from work in Waynesville, MO, they give rise to bigger settlements, particularly when including the pain and suffering multiplier.
- How your injuries have impacted your life — The greater the effect on your physical, emotional and mental well-being, the more the noneconomic damages will be.
- The insurance policy — Missouri has a minimum insurance requirement of $25,000 for bodily injury, and while a skilled Waynesville, MO auto accident lawyer may be able to get you more, there are times where you will be limited by the negligent driver's and/or your insurance policy limits.
- If you are partially to blame — With comparative negligence policies like Missouri law observes, you can still get a financial recovery if you were partially responsible for the accident; however, the total amount will be less. As an example, if you are awarded $100,000 in damages but it is found that you are responsible for 30 percent of the blame for your crash, you would receive $70,000. You can still receive compensation in Missouri, even if you were 99 percent at fault.
- Your car accident lawyer — You need an aggressive and skilled Waynesville, MO lawyer to combat the insurance company's tricks. Your auto accident attorney will also need to look into your crash, prove liability on the part of the other driver and have a network of medical and economic experts in the Waynesville, MO area and throughout MO to accurately value your claim. If the insurance company will not offer a fair settlement in negotiation, you will need a knowledgeable trial lawyer with courtroom savvy that will stand by your side and argue your case in front of a jury.
What Tricks Do Insurance Companies Use To Avoid Paying Claims?
When you have a personal injury claim, be aware of the tricks insurance c …
Is It Worth It to Get a Lawyer for a Car Accident?
Is It Worth It to Get a Lawyer for a Car Accident? If you've been injured …
When Should I Hire an Attorney After a Car Accident?
When Should I Hire an Attorney After a Car Accident? If you were injured …
What Do I Do After an Auto Accident in Waynesville, MO?
Auto accidents are never a pleasant experience, and they are frequently frightening and startling. However, it is important to keep a level head following a crash. According to the Burger Law Waynesville, MO auto accident lawyers, you should follow these steps to ensure everyone’s safety and to receive the premier results from your claim in Waynesville, MO:
- Check to see whether you or anyone else is injured. The most critical thing in a Waynesville, MO car crash is everybody's well-being and safety. Assess the scene to see if anyone is injured and how severe their injuries are. If there are serious injuries to you or anyone else, call 911 immediately. If you can and it is safe to do so, render first aid to anyone who needs it.
- Get to safety. Do not move anyone who is severely injured until emergency medical personnel get there, and warn other motor vehicles of the crash. If you are unable to move your vehicle, turn on the emergency lights and exit to get to the side of the road when it is safe. Otherwise, get your vehicle to the side of the road and out of the way of oncoming traffic so no one ends up in a multi-car accident.
- Phone the police. Call the Waynesville, MO or county police if you have not already dialed 911. Missouri Revised Statute §303.040 calls for Missouri drivers to report any motor vehicle crash that results in death, personal injury, or over $500 in property damage. If you are uncertain as to the extent of the damage or how bad your injuries are, err on the side of caution and call the police. Not only is it the law, but police in Waynesville, MO are trained to offer an official account of what happened in accidents, and their report will go a long way in proving your claim and holding the other party accountable.
- Collect evidence and document the accident scene. Take photos of all vehicles involved, any injuries you sustained and other parts of the scene, such as the roadway around the crash. A lack of tire marks could be sufficient to prove that the other driver was distracted and is responsible for the car crash. If the other driver was drunk, take photos of the police arresting them.
You should also swap insurance information with the other driver. If there were bystanders who could be eyewitnesses, get their contact information so that your Waynesville, MO auto accident lawyer will be able to take official depositions from them. As your memory will be freshest in the immediate aftermath, it is also a good idea to jot down all that comes to mind about the crash as some seemingly insignificant details may slip your mind that later turn out to be crucial.
- Get medical treatment. It is a good idea to go to an urgent care facility in the Waynesville, MO area after a car accident, even if you do not believe your injuries are severe. Occassionally, with some injuries, adrenaline can frequently mask pain and you may not deal with symptoms right away after a crash.
- Reach out to Burger Law. When you are seriously hurt in an auto accident, it is beneficial to find a knowledgeable lawyer who can assist in navigating the complexities of your case. An experienced, professional lawyer who pushes back against bullies like resistant insurance companies is often the lone way you can really get maximum compensation for your damages. We have over 70 years of combined experience standing up for the injured in Waynesville, MO. We will be able to calculate precisely how much you are owed because we know car accident claims. Talking to us about your claim is free, so do not accept a settlement offer prior to asking an auto accident attorney if it is actually fair. Additionally, we are knowledgeable trial lawyers, so if we cannot secure a fair financial recovery in negotiations, we will take the fight to a judge and jury.
What Should I Look For When Choosing an Auto Accident Lawyer in Waynesville, MO?
When it comes to selecting an auto accident lawyer in Waynesville, MO, it is important to do your homework and locate the ideal attorney for the finer points of your case. Here are some key aspects to consider:
- Experience: An experienced auto accident attorney knows the intricacies of the legal system and be able to help you fight against bullying insurance companies. Burger Law has over three decades of experience in the Waynesville, MO area, and throughout Missouri, standing up to insurance companies and prosecutors on behalf of our clients.
- Specialization: Different attorneys are accomplished in different areas of the law, and it is critical to locate one who specializes in car crash cases. The Burger Law Waynesville, MO auto accident lawyers are not only well steeped in car crash cases, we dedicate our careers to handling cases like yours and doing whatever it takes to get you full compensation for your lost wages, medical bills, other out-of-pocket expenses and the pain and suffering you have incurred because of your injuries.
- Reputation: It is also important to locate an attorney who is known in the community and who has a solid reputation. Ask around for recommendations and read online reviews, and you will see Burger Law’s stellar track record throughout the Waynesville, MO area.
- Communication: It is important to find an attorney in Waynesville, MO who is easy to talk to and is willing to answer your questions. Gary Burger has literally written the book on the absolutely essential questions to ask before you select a lawyer. Our attorneys always ensure you updated on what is transpiring in your case. Additionally, we deal with all negotiation, documentation and litigation, also keeping you in the know throughout these processes. Give us a call right away at (314) 500-HURT or complete our online form.
Contact a Burger Law Waynesville, MO Auto Accident Lawyer
No matter if it is some other auto accident lawyer near Waynesville, MO or an offer from an insurance company, do not settle for less than you deserve. Burger Law has experienced, aggressive and unwavering auto accident attorneys ready to stand in your corner and fight for your rights throughout your claim.
Call our Waynesville, MO auto accident lawyers now at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online. We do not collect any fees until we win your case. Get legal representation in Waynesville, MO when you need it, and pay when you get paid.