Auto Accident Lawyer Webb City, MO
Auto Accident Lawyer Webb City, MO. When you or a loved one are seriously injured in an auto accident, Burger Law is the law firm to turn to in the Webb City, MO area. Talk with a knowledgeable Webb City, MO auto accident lawyer immediately at (314) 500-HURT or reach out to us online.
If you were injured in an auto accident, find out how much your claim may be worth in Webb City, MO, with our free personal injury calculator.
The Burger Law legal team fights for your rights and demands a full recovery in your Webb City, MO auto accident claim. Our legal team has successfully recovered more than $200 million in settlement and trial results for our clients in Webb City, MO and throughout Missouri, featuring a multi-year legal battle resulting in a trial verdict of $113 million. The team will not stop until obtaining the best possible recovery for you and your family.
Burger Law’s Successful Missouri Auto Accident Claims
At Burger Law, we believe that results matter. Our Webb City, MO clients want to know that we are giving 100 percent to a case and win the best possible settlement on their behalf. The following are some recent examples of car crash settlements we have won for clients:
- $300k Utility Terrain Vehicle Settlement
- On-Ramp Accident Leads to $327,000 Settlement
- $90,000 Settlement after Car Accident
- Head on Collision
- Rear End Accident Leads to $35,000 recovery
Injured in an Auto Accident? Contact a Webb City, MO Auto Accident Lawyer
Following a car crash in Webb City, MO, you should be able to concentrate on getting your injuries treated. You should not have to be concerned with battling your insurance company for the care you need, or wondering whether you are going to get the financial compensation you need for the car accident, or even legal jargon and court dates. The Burger Law Webb City, MO auto accident lawyers can focus all their efforts on the above facets.
Our lawyers are prepared to fight for your rights, ensure that you receive complete compensation for the recovery you need and return to a normal life. Give one of our Webb City, MO auto accident lawyers a call now at (314) 500-HURT or fill out our online contact form. They are able to confidentially talk about the specifics of your case for free with no obligation.
What Are the Most Common Causes of Auto Accidents in Webb City, MO?
Although there are some potentially dangerous conditions and events outside of our control that can contribute to crashes, most auto accidents are caused by driver error. Auto accidents happen in what often feels like a blink of an eye. Research by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) estimates that human motorists are responsible for 94 percent of accidents that take place.
Some of the most common causes of Webb City, MO auto accidents include:
- Distracted Driving
- Texting and Driving
- Drunk Driving
- Hit and Run
- Construction Zones
- Failing to Yield
- Rain or Bad Weather
- Reckless Driving, including:
- Cutting another car off
- Weaving in and out of traffic
- Running red lights
- Blocking a car or changing speed to prevent another car from changing lanes, passing, etc.
- Refusing to use turn signals
- Forcing a car off the road
- Using high beams to interfere with another driver’s ability to see
What Is the Average Car Accident Settlement Amount in the Webb City, MO Area?
Auto accidents are expensive. According to research from the Insurance Information Institute, deaths, injuries and property damage in motor vehicle accidents cost $474 billion in 2020. The NHTSA, estimates that motor vehicle accidents cost society $7,300 per second in loss of productivity.
In terms of the cost of paying out the average car accident settlement in Webb City, MO, or anywhere for that matter, it can be difficult to pinpoint an exact figure as many settlements are confidential. However, generally speaking, most of car crash settlements come in between $15,000 and $20,000. Injuries needing more extensive medical care frequently reach $50,000 to $100,000, while injuries resulting in permanent disability or, in the worst cases, wrongful death, can bring about damages of hundreds of thousands of dollars, if not millions.
In addition, we have extensive experience winning the following cases for our Webb City, MO clients:
How Long Do I Have to File a Car Accident Claim in Webb City, MO?
Once you are injured in a Webb City, MO auto accident, the state of Missouri's statute of limitations dictates how long you have after the date of the accident to file your claim.
- In general terms, according to Missouri Revised Statute §516.120, you have five years from the date of your injury to file your auto accident injury claim in Webb City, MO or elsewhere in Missouri.
- If you were under the age of 21 at the time of the injury, or were mentally incapacitated at the time, Missouri Revised Statute §516.170 says that you have 5 years after the date you turn 21 or that your "legal disability" ends.
- If you are hurt by someone who was a resident of the state when the injury happened, but later left the state before you filed a lawsuit, Missouri Revised Statute §516.200 states that the time the defendant is out of the state does not apply toward the 5 years.
The clock is already ticking for when you can make your claim, if you have been injured in a Webb City, MO auto accident. Do not wait, give the auto accident law firm of Burger Law a call now at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online to get justice and complete compensation for your injuries. We start working on your Webb City, MO claim right away and do not stop until we win your case.
What Are the Factors That Determine an Auto Accident Settlement in Webb City, MO?
As the meaning of an auto accident settlement is to reasonable compensate you for your damages, the severity of those injuries is the compelling factor in how much your settlement may be. Other aspects include how your injuries have impacted your life, the insurance policy in question, if you bear any responsibility for your accident and the abilities of your Webb City, MO auto accident attorney:
- The seriousness of your injuries — As more major injuries lead to larger medical expenses and more time lost from work in Webb City, MO, they lead to higher settlements, especially when factoring in the pain and suffering multiplier.
- How your injuries have impacted your life — The greater the effect on your physical, emotional and mental well-being, the more the noneconomic damages will be.
- The insurance policy — Missouri has a minimum insurance requirement of $25,000 for bodily injury, and while a skilled Webb City, MO auto accident lawyer might be able to get you more, there are instances when the compensation is dependant upon the negligent driver's and/or your insurance policy limits.
- If you are partially responsible — With comparative negligence policies like Missouri law observes, you can still receive a financial recovery if you were partially to blame; however, the amount of compensation will be less. As an example, if you are awarded $100,000 in damages but it is found that you are 30 percent to blame for your crash, you would receive $70,000. In Missouri, you can still receive compensation if you were 99 percent at fault.
- Your car accident lawyer — You need a skilled and aggressive Webb City, MO lawyer to fight the insurance company's tricks. Your auto accident attorney will also need to look into your accident, prove liability on the part of the other driver and have a network of economic and medical experts in the Webb City, MO area and throughout MO to accurately value your claim. If the insurance company will not proffer a fair settlement, you will need an experienced trial lawyer with courtroom savvy that will argue your case in front of a jury.
What Tricks Do Insurance Companies Use To Avoid Paying Claims?
When you have a personal injury claim, be aware of the tricks insurance c …
Is It Worth It to Get a Lawyer for a Car Accident?
Is It Worth It to Get a Lawyer for a Car Accident? If you've been injured …
When Should I Hire an Attorney After a Car Accident?
When Should I Hire an Attorney After a Car Accident? If you were injured …
What Do I Do After an Auto Accident in Webb City, MO?
Auto accidents are not a pleasant experience, and they are often frightening and startling. But, it is crucial to keep a level head following a crash. You should follow these steps to ensure everyone’s well-being and to get the premier results from your claim in Webb City, MO:
- Check to see whether you or anyone else is injured. The most important thing in a Webb City, MO auto accident is everybody's safety and well-being. Check to see if anyone is injured and how significant their injuries are. If there are severe injuries to you or anyone else, call 911 immediately. If you can and it is safe to do so, render first aid to anyone who needs it.
- Get to safety. Do not move anyone who is severely injured until emergency medical personnel get there, and warn other motor vehicles of the accident. If you cannot move your vehicle, turn on the emergency lights and exit to get to the side of the road when it is safe. Otherwise, move your vehicle to the side of the road and out of the way of oncoming traffic so no one ends up in a multi-car accident.
- Phone the police. Call the Webb City, MO or county police if you have not already dialed 911. Missouri Revised Statute §303.040 demands Missouri motorists to report any motor vehicle crash that results in death, personal injury, or over $500 in property damage. If you are uncertain as to the extent of the damage or how severe your injuries are, err on the side of caution and call the police. Not only is it the law, but police in Webb City, MO are trained to offer an official, accurate account of what happened in accidents, and their report will go a long way in proving your claim and holding the other party accountable.
- Document the accident scene and collect evidence. Take pictures of all vehicles involved, any injuries you sustained and other parts of the scene, such as the road around the accident. A lack of tire marks may be sufficient to prove that the other driver was distracted and is responsible for the auto accident. If the other driver was drunk, take photos of the authorities arresting them.
You should additionally exchange insurance information with the other driver. If there were eyewitnesses, get their contact information so your Webb City, MO car accident attorney can take official depositions from them. It is also a good idea to jot down everything you remember about the accident, as your memory will be freshest in the immediate aftermath, and you may forget seemingly insignificant details that later turn out to be crucial.
- Get medical treatment. It is a good idea to go to an urgent care facility in the Webb City, MO area after a car accident, even if you do not think your injuries are severe. With some injuries, adrenaline can often disguise pain and you may not deal with symptoms right away after an accident.
- Reach out to Burger Law. When you are seriously injured in a car accident, it is necessary to find an informed attorney who can help you navigate the difficulties of your case. An experienced, professional attorney who pushes back against resistant insurance companies is frequently the lone way you can truly receive maximum compensation for your injuries. Our lawyers have over 70 years of combined experience standing up for the injured in Webb City, MO. We know car accident claims and will be able to calculate precisely how much you are owed. Speaking with us about your claim is free, so it is important to never approve a settlement offer prior to asking an auto accident lawyer if it is really adequate. Additionally, we are experienced trial lawyers, so if we cannot secure a fair financial recovery in negotiations, we will take the fight to a judge and jury.
What Should I Look For When Picking an Auto Accident Lawyer in Webb City, MO?
When it comes to selecting an auto accident lawyer in Webb City, MO, it is important to do your homework and find the right lawyer for the particulars of your case. Here are some key factors to consider:
- Experience: An experienced auto accident lawyer will know the intricacies of the legal system and be able to help you fight against bullying insurance companies. Burger Law has over three decades of experience in the Webb City, MO area, and throughout Missouri, standing up to insurance companies and prosecutors on behalf of our clients.
- Specialization: Different lawyers are accomplished in different specifics of the law, and it is critical to find one who specializes in car crash cases. The Burger Law Webb City, MO auto accident attorneys not only specialize in car crash cases, we dedicate our careers to handling cases like yours and doing whatever it takes to get you full compensation for your medical bills, lost wages, various out-of-pocket expenses and the pain and suffering you have sustained due to your injuries.
- Reputation: It is also essential to locate an attorney who has a good reputation and is known in the community. Ask around for recommendations and read online reviews, and you will notice Burger Law’s stellar track record throughout the Webb City, MO area.
- Communication: It is important to find a lawyer in Webb City, MO who is easy to talk to and is willing to answer your questions. Gary Burger has literally written the book on the absolutely essential questions to ask before you choose a lawyer. We always make sure you updated on what is going on with your case. We also deal with all negotiation, documentation and litigation, also keeping you in the loop throughout these procedures. Give us a call as soon as possible at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online.
Reach Out To a Burger Law Webb City, MO Auto Accident Attorney
Whether it is some other Webb City, MO auto accident attorney or an offer from an insurance company, do not settle for less than you deserve. Burger Law has experienced, aggressive and unwavering auto accident lawyers ready to stand in your corner and fight for your rights throughout the life of your claim.
Give our Webb City, MO auto accident lawyers a call now at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online. We do not collect any fees until we win your case. Get legal representation in Webb City, MO when you need it, and pay when you get paid.