Auto Accident Lawyer Webster Groves, MO
Auto Accident Lawyer Webster Groves, MO. When you or a loved one are seriously injured in an auto accident, Burger Law is the law firm to contact in the Webster Groves, MO area. Speak to a knowledgeable Webster Groves, MO auto accident lawyer right now at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online.
If you were injured in a car crash, find out how much your claim might be worth in Webster Groves, MO, with our free personal injury calculator.
The Burger Law attorneys fight for your rights and demands a complete recovery in your Webster Groves, MO auto accident claim. Our attorneys have successfully recovered more than $200 million in settlement and trial results for our clients in Webster Groves, MO and throughout Missouri, including a multi-year legal battle resulting in a trial verdict of $113 million. Our lawyers will not stop until obtaining a complete recovery for you.
Burger Law’s Successful Missouri Auto Accident Claims
At Burger Law, we believe that results matter. Our Webster Groves, MO clients want to know that we are giving 100 percent to a case and win the best possible settlement on their behalf. Below are some recent examples of auto accident settlements we have won for clients:
- $300k Utility Terrain Vehicle Settlement
- On-Ramp Accident Leads to $327,000 Settlement
- $90,000 Settlement after Car Accident
- Head on Collision
- Rear End Accident Leads to $35,000 recovery
Injured in an Auto Accident? Contact a Webster Groves, MO Auto Accident Lawyer
After an auto accident in Webster Groves, MO, you should be focused on getting treatment for your injuries. You should not have to worry about fighting your insurance company for the medical care you need, or wondering whether you are going to receive the financial recovery you need for the car accident, or even legal jargon and court dates. The Burger Law Webster Groves, MO auto accident attorneys can concentrate all their efforts on the above facets.
Our attorneys are ready to fight for your rights, ensure that you receive complete compensation for the recovery you deserve and get back to a normal life. Call one of our Webster Groves, MO auto accident lawyers right away at (314) 500-HURT or fill out our online contact form. They are prepared to confidentially discuss the specifics of your case for free with no obligation.
What Are the Most Common Causes of Auto Accidents in Webster Groves, MO?
Although there are several possible hazardous events and conditions outside of our purview that can contribute to crashes, most car crashes are caused by driver error. Auto accidents happen in what often feels like a blink of an eye. Research by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) estimates that human operators are responsible for 94 percent of accidents that occur.
Some of the most common causes of Webster Groves, MO auto accidents include:
- Distracted Driving
- Texting and Driving
- Drunk Driving
- Hit and Run
- Construction Zones
- Failing to Yield
- Rain or Bad Weather
- Reckless Driving, including:
- Cutting another car off
- Weaving in and out of traffic
- Running red lights
- Blocking a car or changing speed to prevent another car from changing lanes, passing, etc.
- Refusing to use turn signals
- Forcing a car off the road
- Using high beams to interfere with another driver’s ability to see
What Is the Average Car Accident Settlement Amount in the Webster Groves, MO Area?
Auto accidents are costly. According to research from the Insurance Information Institute, deaths, injuries and property damage in auto accidents cost $474 billion in 2020. The NHTSA, estimates that auto accidents cost society $7,300 per second in productivity lost.
It can be hard to pinpoint an exact figure as the specifics of each case vary and many settlement amounts are confidential, in terms of the average car accident settlement in Webster Groves, MO, or anywhere for that matter. But, generally speaking, most of auto accident settlements come in between $15,000 and $20,000. Injuries requiring more substantial medical care often reach $50,000 to $100,000, while injuries causing permanent disability or, in the worst cases, wrongful death, can bring about damages of hundreds of thousands of dollars, if not millions.
In addition, we have extensive experience winning the following cases for our Webster Groves, MO clients:
How Long Do I Have to File a Car Accident Claim in Webster Groves, MO?
Once you are injured in a Webster Groves, MO auto accident, the state of Missouri's statute of limitations dictates how long you have after the date of the accident to file your claim.
- Generally speaking, according to Missouri Revised Statute §516.120, you have 5 years from the date of your injury to file your personal injury claim in Webster Groves, MO or elsewhere in Missouri.
- If you were under the age of 21 at the time of the injury, or were mentally incapacitated at the time, Missouri Revised Statute §516.170 stipulates that you have 5 years after the date you turn 21 or that your "legal disability" ends.
- If you are injured by someone who was a resident of Missouri when the injury happened, but left the state at a later date before you filed a lawsuit, Missouri Revised Statute §516.200 stipulates that the time the defendant is out of the state does not apply toward the five years.
The clock is already ticking for when you can make your claim, if you have been hurt in a Webster Groves, MO auto accident. Do not wait, give the auto accident law firm of Burger Law a call today at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online to get justice and complete compensation for your injuries. We start working on your Webster Groves, MO case right away and do not stop until we win your case.
What Are the Factors That Determine an Auto Accident Settlement in Webster Groves, MO?
As the purpose of an auto accident settlement is to reasonable compensate you for your injuries, the seriousness of those injuries is the compelling element in how much your settlement could be. Other factors include the insurance policy in question, how your injuries have impacted your life, if you bear any responsibility for your accident and the capabilities of your Webster Groves, MO car crash attorney:
- The seriousness of your injuries — As more severe injuries lead to larger medical expenses and more time lost from work in Webster Groves, MO, they generate higher settlements, especially when factoring in the pain and suffering multiplier.
- How your injuries have impacted your life — The greater the effect on your physical, emotional and mental well-being, the more the noneconomic damages will be.
- The insurance policy — Missouri has a minimum insurance requirement of $25,000 for bodily injury, and while a skilled Webster Groves, MO auto accident lawyer may be able to get you more, there are occasions when you will be limited by the negligent driver's and/or your insurance policy limits.
- If you are partially to blame — With comparative negligence policies like Missouri law observes, you can still be awarded financial compensation if you were partially to blame; but, the amount of compensation will be less. As an example, if you are awarded $100,000 in damages but it is found that you are 30 percent to blame for your crash, you would get $70,000. In Missouri, you can still receive compensation if you were 99 percent at fault.
- Your car accident lawyer — You need a skilled and aggressive Webster Groves, MO attorney to fight the insurance company and its tactics. Your auto accident attorney will also need to look into your crash, prove liability on the part of the other motorist and have a network of medical and economic experts in the Webster Groves, MO area and throughout MO to precisely calculate your claim. If the insurance company refuses to extend a fair settlement in negotiation, you will need a knowledgeable trial attorney with courtroom savvy that will stand by your side and argue your case in front of a jury.
What Tricks Do Insurance Companies Use To Avoid Paying Claims?
When you have a personal injury claim, be aware of the tricks insurance c …
Is It Worth It to Get a Lawyer for a Car Accident?
Is It Worth It to Get a Lawyer for a Car Accident? If you've been injured …
When Should I Hire an Attorney After a Car Accident?
When Should I Hire an Attorney After a Car Accident? If you were injured …
What Do I Do After an Auto Accident in Webster Groves, MO?
Auto accidents are never a pleasant experience, and they are often startling and frightening. But, it is crucial to keep a level head following a crash. According to the Burger Law Webster Groves, MO auto accident lawyers, you should follow these steps to ensure everyone’s safety and to receive the finest results from your claim in Webster Groves, MO:
- Check to see whether you or anyone else is injured. The most critical thing in a Webster Groves, MO auto accident is everybody's safety and well-being. Assess the scene to see if anyone is injured and how severe their injuries are. If there are serious injuries to you or anyone else, call 911 right away. If you can and it is safe to do so, render aid to anyone who needs it.
- Get to safety. Do not move anyone who is severely injured until emergency medical personnel get there, and alert other motor vehicles of the accident. If you are unable to move your vehicle, turn on the emergency lights and exit to get to the side of the road when it is safe. Otherwise, get your vehicle to the side of the road and out of the way of oncoming traffic so no one ends up in a multi-car accident.
- Call the police. If you have not already called 911, call the Webster Groves, MO or county police. Missouri Revised Statute §303.040 calls for Missouri motorists to report any motor vehicle accident that results in personal injury, death, or over $500 in property damage. If you are unsure as to the extent of the damage or how severe your injuries are, call the police and err on the side of caution. Police in Webster Groves, MO are trained to offer an official, accurate account of what happened in crashes, and their report will go a long way in proving your claim and holding the other party accountable. It is also the law.
- Document the accident scene and collect evidence. Take pictures of all vehicles involved, any injuries you sustained and other parts of the scene, such as the road surrounding the accident. A lack of tire marks could help prove that the other driver was distracted and is responsible for the auto accident. If the other driver was drunk, take pictures of the authorities arresting them.
You should additionally trade insurance information with the other driver. If there were bystanders who could be eyewitnesses, collect their contact information so your Webster Groves, MO auto accident lawyer can take official depositions from them. It is also a good idea to write down everything you remember about the accident, as your memory will be freshest in the immediate aftermath, and you may forget seemingly insignificant details that later turn out to be crucial.
- Get medical treatment. Even if you do not believe your injuries are severe, it is a good idea to go to an urgent care facility in the Webster Groves, MO area after a car accident. Occassionally, with some injuries, you may not deal with symptoms immediately, and adrenaline can frequently disguise pain after an accident.
- Contact Burger Law. When you are seriously injured in a car crash, it is essential to find an informed lawyer who can assist in navigating the twists and turns of your case. An experienced attorney who fights back against bullies like resistant insurance companies is frequently the lone way you can truly receive maximum compensation for your damages. We have over 70 years of combined experience standing up for the injured in Webster Groves, MO. We know car accident claims and will be able to figure out precisely how much you are owed. Speaking with us about your claim is free, so it is important to never approve a settlement offer prior to asking an auto accident lawyer if it is really fair. We are also experienced trial attorneys, so if we cannot secure a fair financial recovery in negotiations, we will take the fight in front of a jury and a judge.
What Should I Look For When Selecting an Auto Accident Lawyer in Webster Groves, MO?
When it comes to picking an auto accident lawyer in Webster Groves, MO, it is important to do your research and find the right attorney for the finer points of your case. Here are some key factors to ponder:
- Experience: A knowledgeable auto accident attorney knows the intricacies of the legal system and be able to help you fight against bullying insurance companies. Burger Law has over three decades of experience in the Webster Groves, MO area, and throughout Missouri, standing up to prosecutors and insurance companies on behalf of our clients.
- Specialization: Different lawyers specialize in different areas of the law, and it is important to find one who specializes in car crash cases. The Burger Law Webster Groves, MO auto accident lawyers not only specialize in car crash cases, we dedicate our careers to handling cases like yours and doing whatever it takes to get you full compensation for your lost wages, medical bills, other out-of-pocket expenses and the pain and suffering you have sustained due to your injuries.
- Reputation: It is also important to locate a lawyer who is known in the community and who has a good reputation. Ask around for recommendations and read online reviews, and you will notice Burger Law’s stellar track record throughout the Webster Groves, MO area.
- Communication: It is crucial to locate a lawyer in Webster Groves, MO who is willing to answer your questions and is easy to talk to. Gary Burger has literally written the book on absolutely essential questions to ask before you choose an attorney. We always make sure you are in the know on what is going on with your case. Additionally, we handle all documentation, negotiation and litigation, also keeping you in the know throughout these procedures. Give us a call today at (314) 500-HURT or reach out to us online.
Reach Out To a Burger Law Webster Groves, MO Auto Accident Lawyer
Do not settle for less than you deserve, no matter if it is some other auto accident lawyer near Webster Groves, MO or an offer from an insurance company. Burger Law has knowledgeable, aggressive and unwavering auto accident lawyers ready to stand by your side and fight for your rights throughout the life of your claim.
Give our Webster Groves, MO auto accident lawyer team a call now at (314) 500-HURT or reach out to us online. We do not collect any fees until we win your case. Get legal representation in Webster Groves, MO when you need it, and pay when you get paid.