Auto Accident Lawyer Wentzville, MO
Auto Accident Lawyer Wentzville, MO. If you or a loved one are seriously injured in an auto accident, Burger Law is the law firm to contact in the Wentzville, MO area. Talk with a knowledgeable Wentzville, MO auto accident lawyer immediately at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online.
If you were injured in a car crash, find out how much your claim might be worth in Wentzville, MO, with our free personal injury calculator.
The Burger Law lawyers fight for your rights and demands a complete recovery in your Wentzville, MO car crash claim. Our lawyers have successfully recovered over $200 million in settlement and trial results for our clients in Wentzville, MO and throughout Missouri, including a multi-year legal battle resulting in a trial verdict of $113 million. Our lawyers will not stop until obtaining a complete recovery for you.
Burger Law’s Successful Missouri Auto Accident Claims
At Burger Law, we believe that results matter. Our Wentzville, MO clients want to know that we are giving 100 percent to a case and win the best possible settlement on their behalf. Below are some recent examples of auto accident settlements we have won for clients:
- $300k Utility Terrain Vehicle Settlement
- On-Ramp Accident Leads to $327,000 Settlement
- $90,000 Settlement after Car Accident
- Head on Collision
- Rear End Accident Leads to $35,000 recovery
Injured in an Auto Accident? Contact a Wentzville, MO Auto Accident Lawyer
After an auto accident in Wentzville, MO, you should be focused on getting your injuries treated. You should not have to worry about battling your insurance company for the care you need, or worrying about whether you are going to get the financial compensation you need and deserve for the car accident, or even legal jargon and court dates. The Burger Law Wentzville, MO auto accident lawyers can concentrate all their efforts on all of the above.
Our attorneys are prepared to fight for your rights, ensure that you receive complete compensation for the recovery you deserve and get back to a normal life. Give one of our Wentzville, MO auto accident lawyers a call now at (314) 500-HURT or fill out our online contact form. They are ready to confidentially discuss the specifics of your case for free with no obligation.
What Are the Most Common Causes of Auto Accidents in Wentzville, MO?
Auto accidents happen in what often feels like a blink of an eye. Though there are several potentially dangerous events and conditions outside of our control that can contribute to crashes, most car crashes are caused by driver error. Research by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) estimates that human motorists are responsible for 94 percent of accidents that occur.
Some of the common causes of Wentzville, MO car crashes are:
- Distracted Driving
- Texting and Driving
- Drunk Driving
- Hit and Run
- Construction Zones
- Failing to Yield
- Rain or Bad Weather
- Reckless Driving, including:
- Cutting another car off
- Weaving in and out of traffic
- Running red lights
- Blocking a car or changing speed to prevent another car from changing lanes, passing, etc.
- Refusing to use turn signals
- Forcing a car off the road
- Using high beams to interfere with another driver’s ability to see
What Is the Average Car Accident Settlement Amount in the Wentzville, MO Area?
Auto accidents are expensive. According to research from the Insurance Information Institute, deaths, injuries and property damage in auto accidents cost $474 billion in 2020. The NHTSA, estimates that auto accidents cost society $7,300 per second in productivity lost.
It can be difficult to pinpoint an exact amount as the specifics of each case vary and many settlement amounts are confidential, in terms of the average car accident settlement in Wentzville, MO, or anywhere for that matter. However, generally speaking, most of auto accident settlements come in between $15,000 and $20,000. Injuries needing more extensive medical care frequently reach $50,000 to $100,000, while injuries resulting in permanent disability or, in the worst cases, wrongful death, can bring about damages of hundreds of thousands of dollars, if not millions.
In addition, we have extensive experience winning the following cases for our Wentzville, MO clients:
How Long Do I Have to File a Car Accident Claim in Wentzville, MO?
The state of Missouri's statute of limitations dictates how long you have after the date of your injuries from a Wentzville, MO auto accident to file your claim.
- Generally speaking, according to Missouri Revised Statute §516.120, you have five years from the date of your injury to file your auto accident injury claim in Wentzville, MO or elsewhere in Missouri.
- If you were mentally incapacitated at the time of the injury or under the age of 21 at the time, Missouri Revised Statute §516.170 says that you have 5 years after the date you turn 21 or that your "legal disability" ends.
- If you are harmed by someone who was a resident of Missouri when the injury occurred, but later left the state before you filed a lawsuit, Missouri Revised Statute §516.200 states that the time the defendant is out of Missouri does not apply toward the five years.
The clock is already ticking for when you can make your claim, if you have been hurt in a Wentzville, MO auto accident. Do not hesitate, call the auto accident law firm of Burger Law now at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online to get justice and complete compensation for your injuries. We start working on your Wentzville, MO case immediately and do not stop until we win.
What Are the Factors That Determine an Auto Accident Settlement in Wentzville, MO?
As the meaning of an auto accident settlement is to reasonable compensate you for your injuries, the seriousness of those injuries is the driving element in how much your settlement could be. Other facets include the insurance policy in question, how your injuries have impacted your life, if you are to blame in any degree for your accident and the abilities of your Wentzville, MO car accident lawyer:
- The severity of your injuries — As more major injuries lead to higher medical expenses and more time lost from work in Wentzville, MO, they give rise to bigger settlements, especially when adding in the pain and suffering multiplier.
- How your injuries have impacted your life — The greater the effect on your physical, emotional and mental well-being, the higher the noneconomic damages will be.
- The insurance policy — Missouri has a minimum insurance requirement of $25,000 for bodily injury, and while a skilled Wentzville, MO auto accident lawyer might be able to get you more, there are occasions where the compensation is dependant upon the negligent driver's and/or your insurance policy limits.
- If you are partially responsible — With comparative negligence policies like Missouri law observes, you can still receive financial compensation if you were partially to blame; yet, the total amount will be less. As an example, if you are awarded $100,000 in damages but it is found that you are responsible for 30 percent of the blame for your crash, you would receive $70,000. In Missouri, you can still receive compensation if you were 99 percent at fault.
- Your car accident lawyer — You need a skilled and aggressive Wentzville, MO attorney to combat the insurance company's tricks. Your auto accident lawyer will also need to look into your crash, prove liability on the part of the other motorist and have a network of medical and economic professionals in the Wentzville, MO area and throughout MO to accurately calculate your claim. If the insurance company will not extend a fair settlement, you will need an experienced trial attorney with courtroom savvy that will stand by your side and argue your case in front of a jury.
What Tricks Do Insurance Companies Use To Avoid Paying Claims?
When you have a personal injury claim, be aware of the tricks insurance c …
Is It Worth It to Get a Lawyer for a Car Accident?
Is It Worth It to Get a Lawyer for a Car Accident? If you've been injured …
When Should I Hire an Attorney After a Car Accident?
When Should I Hire an Attorney After a Car Accident? If you were injured …
What Do I Do After an Auto Accident in Wentzville, MO?
Car crashes are not a pleasant experience, and they are frequently startling and frightening. But, it is important to stay calm following a crash. According to the Burger Law Wentzville, MO auto accident lawyers, you should follow these steps to ensure everyone’s safety and to get the premier results from your claim in Wentzville, MO:
- Check to see whether you or anyone else is injured. The most vital thing in a Wentzville, MO auto accident is everybody's safety and well-being. Assess the scene to see if anyone is injured and how severe their injuries are. If there are serious injuries to you or anyone else, call 911 immediately. If you can and it is safe to do so, render first aid to anyone who needs it.
- Get to safety. If anyone is severely injured, do not move them until emergency medical technicians get there, and warn other motor vehicles of the crash. If you are unable to move your vehicle, turn on the emergency lights and exit to get to the side of the road when it is safe. Otherwise, move your vehicle to the side of the road and out of the way of oncoming traffic so no one ends up in a multi-car accident.
- Call the police. Call the Wentzville, MO or county police if you have not already dialed 911. Missouri Revised Statute §303.040 demands Missouri drivers to report any motor vehicle crash that results in personal injury, death, or over $500 in property damage. If you are uncertain as to the extent of the damage or how bad your injuries are, err on the side of caution and call the police. Not only is it the law, but police in Wentzville, MO are trained to provide an official account of what happened in accidents, and their report will go a long way in proving your claim and holding the other party accountable.
- Document the accident scene and collect evidence. Take photos of all vehicles involved, any injuries you sustained and other parts of the scene, such as the road surrounding the accident. The lack of tire marks may be sufficient to prove that the other driver was distracted and is responsible for the auto accident. If the other driver was drunk, take pictures of the authorities arresting them.
You should additionally exchange insurance information with the other driver. If there were bystanders who could be eyewitnesses, get their contact information so your Wentzville, MO auto accident attorney can take official depositions from them. It is also a good idea to jot down everything you remember about the accident, as your memory will be freshest in the immediate aftermath, and some seemingly insignificant details may slip your mind that later turn out to be crucial.
- Get medical treatment. It is a good idea to go to an urgent care facility in the Wentzville, MO area after a car accident, even if you do not believe your injuries are severe. With some injuries, you may not deal with symptoms immediately, and adrenaline can frequently mask pain after a crash.
- Reach out to Burger Law. When you are seriously injured in a car accident, it is beneficial to find a knowledgeable lawyer who can assist in navigating the complexities of your case. An experienced, professional lawyer who pushes back against resistant insurance companies is often the only way you can really receive maximum compensation for your injuries. Our attorneys have over 70 years of combined experience standing up for the injured in Wentzville, MO. We will be able to calculate exactly how much you are owed because we know car accident claims. Talking to us about your claim is free, so it is important to never approve a settlement offer prior to asking an auto accident lawyer if it is actually fair. We are also knowledgeable trial attorneys, so if we cannot negotiate a fair financial recovery, we will take the fight in front of a judge and jury.
What Should I Look For When Selecting an Auto Accident Lawyer in Wentzville, MO?
When it comes to choosing an auto accident lawyer in Wentzville, MO, it is integral to do your homework and locate the right attorney for the finer points of your case. Here are some key aspects to ponder:
- Experience: A knowledgeable auto accident lawyer knows the ins and outs of the legal system and be able to help you fight against bullying insurance companies. Burger Law has over three decades of experience in the Wentzville, MO area, and throughout Missouri, standing up to prosecutors and insurance companies on behalf of our clients.
- Specialization: Different lawyers specialize in different specifics of the law, and it is important to locate one who specializes in car crash cases. The Burger Law Wentzville, MO auto accident attorneys not only specialize in car crash cases, we dedicate our careers to handling cases like yours and doing whatever it takes to get you full compensation for your medical bills, lost wages, other out-of-pocket expenses and the pain and suffering you have incurred due to your injuries.
- Reputation: It is also essential to locate a lawyer who has a solid reputation and is known in the community. Ask around for recommendations and read online reviews, and you will see Burger Law’s distinguished track record throughout the Wentzville, MO area.
- Communication: It is important to find a lawyer in Wentzville, MO who is willing to answer your questions and is easy to talk to. Gary Burger has literally written the book on the absolutely essential questions to ask before you select an attorney. We always ensure you are in the know on what is transpiring in your case. Additionally, we handle all negotiation, documentation and litigation, also keeping you aware throughout these processes. Give us a call today at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online.
Contact a Burger Law Wentzville, MO Auto Accident Attorney
No matter if it is some other auto accident lawyer near Wentzville, MO or an offer from an insurance company, do not settle for less than you deserve. Burger Law has experienced, aggressive and unwavering auto accident attorneys ready to stand by your side and fight for your rights throughout the life of your claim.
Give our Wentzville, MO auto accident lawyer team a call today at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online. We do not collect any fees until we win your case. Get legal representation in Wentzville, MO when you need it, and pay when you get paid.