Auto Accident Lawyer Westport, MO
Auto Accident Lawyer Westport, MO. When you or a loved one are seriously injured in an auto accident, Burger Law is the law firm to call in the Westport, MO area. Speak to an experienced Westport, MO auto accident lawyer immediately at (314) 500-HURT or reach out to us online.
If you were injured in an auto accident, see how much your claim may be worth in Westport, MO, with our free personal injury calculator.
The Burger Law lawyers fight for your rights and demands a complete recovery in your Westport, MO auto accident claim. Our lawyers have successfully recovered over $200 million in settlement and trial results for our clients in Westport, MO and throughout Missouri, featuring a multi-year legal battle resulting in a trial verdict of $113 million. Our lawyers will not stop until obtaining a complete recovery for you and your family.
Burger Law’s Successful Missouri Auto Accident Claims
At Burger Law, we believe that results matter. Our Westport, MO clients want to know that we are providing our complete attention to a case and win the best possible settlement on their behalf. The following are some recent examples of car crash settlements we have won for clients:
- $300k Utility Terrain Vehicle Settlement
- On-Ramp Accident Leads to $327,000 Settlement
- $90,000 Settlement after Car Accident
- Head on Collision
- Rear End Accident Leads to $35,000 recovery
Injured in an Auto Accident? Contact a Westport, MO Auto Accident Lawyer
After an auto accident in Westport, MO, you should be able to concentrate on getting treatment for your injuries. You should not have to be concerned with battling your insurance company for the care you need, or worrying about whether you are going to receive the financial recovery you need and deserve for the car accident, or even court dates and legal jargon. The Burger Law Westport, MO auto accident lawyers can focus all their efforts on the above facets.
Our lawyers are ready to fight for your rights, making sure that you get complete compensation for the recovery you need and return to a normal life. Give one of our Westport, MO auto accident lawyers a call right now at (314) 500-HURT or fill out our online contact form. They are ready to confidentially talk about your case for free with no obligation.
What Are the Most Common Causes of Auto Accidents in Westport, MO?
Auto accidents happen in what often feels like a blink of an eye. Though there are some possible dangerous conditions and events outside of our control that can contribute to crashes, the majority of auto accidents are caused by driver error. Research by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) estimates that human motorists are responsible for 94 percent of accidents that occur.
Some of the common causes of Westport, MO car crashes are:
- Distracted Driving
- Texting and Driving
- Drunk Driving
- Hit and Run
- Construction Zones
- Failing to Yield
- Rain or Bad Weather
- Reckless Driving, including:
- Cutting another car off
- Weaving in and out of traffic
- Running red lights
- Blocking a car or changing speed to prevent another car from changing lanes, passing, etc.
- Refusing to use turn signals
- Forcing a car off the road
- Using high beams to interfere with another driver’s ability to see
What Is the Average Car Accident Settlement Amount in the Westport, MO Area?
Auto accidents are expensive. According to the Insurance Information Institute, deaths, injuries and property damage in motor vehicle accidents cost $474 billion in 2020. The NHTSA, estimates that auto accidents cost society $7,300 per second in loss of productivity.
In terms of the cost of paying out the average car accident settlement in Westport, MO, or anywhere for that matter, it can be hard to pinpoint a precise figure as the specifics of each case vary and many settlement amounts are confidential. However, generally speaking, the majority of auto crash settlements come in between $15,000 and $20,000. Injuries calling for more comprehensive medical care often reach $50,000 to $100,000, while injuries causing permanent disability or, in the worst cases, wrongful death, can bring about damages of hundreds of thousands of dollars, if not millions.
In addition, we have extensive experience winning the following cases for our Westport, MO clients:
How Long Do I Have to File a Car Accident Claim in Westport, MO?
The state of Missouri's statute of limitations dictates how long you have after the date of your injuries from a Westport, MO auto accident to file your claim.
- Generally speaking, according to Missouri Revised Statute §516.120, you have five years from the date of your injury to file your auto accident injury claim in Westport, MO or elsewhere in Missouri.
- If you were mentally incapacitated at the time of the injury or under the age of 21 at the time, Missouri Revised Statute §516.170 states that you have 5 years after the date you turn 21 or that your "legal disability" ends.
- If you are injured by someone who was a resident of the state when the injury happened, but later left the state before you filed a lawsuit, Missouri Revised Statute §516.200 states that the time the defendant is out of Missouri does not apply toward the 5 years.
The clock is already ticking for when you can make your claim, if you have been injured in a Westport, MO auto accident. Do not wait, call the auto accident law firm of Burger Law now at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online to get justice and maximum compensation for your injuries. We begin working on your Westport, MO case immediately and do not rest until we win.
What Are the Factors That Determine an Auto Accident Settlement in Westport, MO?
As the meaning of an auto crash settlement is to adequately compensate you for your injuries, the severity of those injuries is the compelling element in how much your settlement could be. Other facets include how your injuries have impacted your life, the insurance policy in question, if you are to blame in any degree for your accident and the abilities of your Westport, MO auto accident lawyer:
- The severity of your injuries — As more serious injuries lead to higher medical expenses and more time lost from work in Westport, MO, they generate bigger settlements, particularly when factoring in the pain and suffering multiplier.
- How your injuries have impacted your life — The greater the effect on your physical, emotional and mental well-being, the more the noneconomic damages will be.
- The insurance policy — Missouri has a minimum insurance requirement of $25,000 for bodily injury, and while a skilled Westport, MO auto accident lawyer might be able to get you more, there are times when the compensation is dependant upon the negligent driver's and/or your insurance policy limits.
- If you are partially to blame — With comparative negligence policies like Missouri law observes, you can still be awarded financial compensation if you were partially to blame; but, the total amount will be less. For example, if you are awarded $100,000 in damages but it is found that you are responsible for 30 percent of the blame for your crash, you would receive $70,000. In Missouri, you can still receive compensation if you were 99 percent at fault.
- Your car accident lawyer — You need a skilled and aggressive Westport, MO lawyer to fight the insurance company and its tactics. Your auto accident lawyer will also need to investigate your accident, prove liability on the part of the other motorist and have a network of medical and economic professionals in the Westport, MO area and throughout MO to accurately calculate your claim. If the insurance company will not offer a fair settlement in negotiation, you will need an experienced trial attorney with courtroom savvy that will argue your case in front of a jury.
What Tricks Do Insurance Companies Use To Avoid Paying Claims?
When you have a personal injury claim, be aware of the tricks insurance c …
Is It Worth It to Get a Lawyer for a Car Accident?
Is It Worth It to Get a Lawyer for a Car Accident? If you've been injured …
When Should I Hire an Attorney After a Car Accident?
When Should I Hire an Attorney After a Car Accident? If you were injured …
What Do I Do After an Auto Accident in Westport, MO?
Car crashes are not a pleasant experience, and they are often startling and frightening. But, it is important to stay calm in the aftermath of an accident. According to the Burger Law Westport, MO auto accident lawyers, you should follow these steps to ensure everyone’s safety and to receive the best results from your claim in Westport, MO:
- Check to see if you or anyone else is injured. The most important thing in a Westport, MO auto accident is everybody's well-being and safety. Check to see if anyone is injured and how significant their injuries are. If you or anyone is severely injured, call 911 immediately. If you are able and it is safe to do so, render first aid to anyone who needs it.
- Get to safety. Do not move anyone who is severely injured until emergency medical technicians arrive, and warn other motor vehicles of the crash. If you cannot move your vehicle, turn on the emergency lights and exit to get to the side of the road whenever it is safe. Otherwise, get your vehicle to the side of the road and out of the way of oncoming traffic so no one ends up in a multi-car accident.
- Phone the police. If you have not already called 911, call the Westport, MO or county police. Missouri Revised Statute §303.040 requires Missouri drivers to report any motor vehicle accident that results in personal injury, death, or over $500 in property damage. If you are uncertain as to the extent of the damage or how severe your injuries are, err on the side of caution and call the police. Not only is it the law, but police in Westport, MO are trained to provide an official, accurate account of what happened in accidents, and their report will go a long way in proving your claim and holding the other party accountable.
- Document the accident scene and collect evidence. Take photos of all vehicles involved, any injuries you sustained and other parts of the scene, such as the road surrounding the crash. The lack of tire marks may help prove that the other driver was distracted and is responsible for the auto accident. If the other driver was drunk, take pictures of the police arresting them.
You should additionally trade insurance information with the other driver. If there were bystanders who could be eyewitnesses, get their contact information so your Westport, MO auto accident attorney will be able to take official depositions from them. As your memory will be freshest in the immediate aftermath, it is also a good idea to write down everything you remember about the crash as some seemingly insignificant details may slip your mind that later turn out to be critical.
- Get medical treatment. It is a good idea to go to an urgent care facility in the Westport, MO area after a car accident, even if you do not believe your injuries are severe. Occassionally, with some injuries, you may not deal with symptoms immediately, and adrenaline can frequently disguise pain after an accident.
- Contact Burger Law. When you are seriously hurt in an auto accident, it is necessary to find an informed attorney who can assist in navigating the difficulties of your case. An experienced lawyer who fights back against bullies like resistant insurance companies is frequently the only way you can really get maximum compensation for your damages. Our attorneys have over 70 years of combined experience standing up for the injured in Westport, MO. We will be able to calculate precisely how much you are owed because we know car accident claims. Talking to us about your claim is free, so do not take a settlement offer before asking an auto accident attorney if it is actually adequate. Additionally, we are experienced trial attorneys, so if we cannot negotiate a fair financial recovery, we will take the fight to a jury and a judge.
What Should I Look For When Selecting an Auto Accident Lawyer in Westport, MO?
When it comes to selecting an auto accident lawyer in Westport, MO, it is integral to do your research and find the right attorney for the particulars of your case. The following are some key aspects to ponder:
- Experience: An experienced auto accident lawyer will know the ins and outs of the legal system and be able to help you fight against bullying insurance companies. Burger Law has nearly 30 years of experience in the Westport, MO area, and throughout Missouri, standing up to prosecutors and insurance companies on behalf of our clients.
- Specialization: Different lawyers specialize in different specifics of the law, and it is critical to find one who specializes in auto accident cases. The Burger Law Westport, MO auto accident attorneys are not only well steeped in car crash cases, we dedicate our careers to handling cases like yours and doing whatever it takes to get you full compensation for your lost wages, medical bills, other out-of-pocket expenses and the pain and suffering you have sustained because of your injuries.
- Reputation: It is also important to search for an attorney who has a good reputation and is known in the community. Ask around for recommendations and check online reviews, and you will notice Burger Law’s stellar track record throughout the Westport, MO area.
- Communication: It is crucial to locate an attorney in Westport, MO who is easy to talk to and is willing to answer your questions. Gary Burger has literally written the book on absolutely essential questions to ask before you choose a lawyer. We always ensure you updated on what is transpiring in your case. Additionally, we handle all negotiation, documentation and litigation, also keeping you aware throughout these procedures. Give us a call right away at (314) 500-HURT or reach out to us online.
Contact a Burger Law Westport, MO Auto Accident Attorney
Do not settle for less than you deserve, no matter if it is some other Westport, MO auto accident attorney or an offer from an insurance company. Burger Law has knowledgeable, aggressive and unwavering auto accident lawyers ready to stand in your corner and fight for your rights throughout the life of your claim.
Call our Westport, MO auto accident lawyer team today at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online. We do not collect any fees until we win your case. Get legal representation in Westport, MO when you need it, and pay when you get paid.