Auto Accident Lawyer Willard, MO
Auto Accident Lawyer Willard, MO. When you or a loved one are seriously injured in an auto accident, Burger Law is the law firm to contact in the Willard, MO area. Speak to an experienced Willard, MO auto accident lawyer immediately at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online.
If you were injured in an auto accident, see how much your claim may be worth in Willard, MO, with our free personal injury calculator.
The Burger Law lawyers fight for your rights and demands a complete recovery in your Willard, MO car crash claim. Our attorneys have successfully recovered over $200 million in settlement and trial results for our clients in Willard, MO and throughout Missouri, featuring a multi-year legal battle resulting in a trial verdict of $113 million. Our lawyers will stop nothing short of a complete recovery for you.
Burger Law’s Successful Missouri Auto Accident Claims
At Burger Law, we believe that results matter. Our Willard, MO clients want to know that we are giving 100 percent to a case and win the best possible settlement on their behalf. Below are some recent examples of auto accident settlements we have won for clients:
- $300k Utility Terrain Vehicle Settlement
- On-Ramp Accident Leads to $327,000 Settlement
- $90,000 Settlement after Car Accident
- Head on Collision
- Rear End Accident Leads to $35,000 recovery
Injured in an Auto Accident? Contact a Willard, MO Auto Accident Lawyer
After an auto accident in Willard, MO, you should be able to concentrate on getting your injuries treated. You should not have to be concerned with battling your insurance company for the care you need, or worrying about whether you are going to receive the financial compensation you need and deserve for the car accident, or even court dates and legal jargon. The Burger Law Willard, MO auto accident lawyers can center all their efforts on the above facets.
Our attorneys are ready to fight for your rights, ensure that you receive complete compensation for the recovery you deserve and return to a normal life. Call one of our Willard, MO auto accident lawyers right away at (314) 500-HURT or fill out our online contact form. They are ready to confidentially discuss the specifics of your case for free with no obligation.
What Are the Most Common Causes of Auto Accidents in Willard, MO?
Although there are several possible hazardous conditions and events outside of our purview that can contribute to crashes, most car crashes are caused by driver error. Auto accidents happen in what often feels like a blink of an eye. Research by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) estimates that human motorists are responsible for 94 percent of accidents that occur.
Some of the most common causes of Willard, MO car crashes include:
- Distracted Driving
- Texting and Driving
- Drunk Driving
- Hit and Run
- Construction Zones
- Failing to Yield
- Rain or Bad Weather
- Reckless Driving, including:
- Cutting another car off
- Weaving in and out of traffic
- Running red lights
- Blocking a car or changing speed to prevent another car from changing lanes, passing, etc.
- Refusing to use turn signals
- Forcing a car off the road
- Using high beams to interfere with another driver’s ability to see
What Is the Average Car Accident Settlement Amount in the Willard, MO Area?
Auto accidents are costly. According to research from the Insurance Information Institute, deaths, injuries and property damage in motor vehicle accidents cost $474 billion in 2020. The NHTSA, approximates that motor vehicle accidents cost society $7,300 per second in productivity lost.
In terms of the cost of paying out the average car accident settlement in Willard, MO, or anywhere for that matter, it can be difficult to pinpoint a precise figure as many settlements are confidential. But, generally speaking, the majority of auto accident settlements come in between $15,000 and $20,000. Injuries calling for more substantial medical care frequently reach $50,000 to $100,000, while injuries causing permanent disability or, in the worst cases, wrongful death, can result in damages of hundreds of thousands of dollars, if not millions.
In addition, we have extensive experience winning the following cases for our Willard, MO clients:
How Long Do I Have to File a Car Accident Claim in Willard, MO?
Once you are injured in a Willard, MO auto accident, the state of Missouri's statute of limitations dictates how long you have after the date of the accident to file your claim.
- In general, according to Missouri Revised Statute §516.120, you have five years from the date of your injury to file your auto accident injury claim in Willard, MO or elsewhere in Missouri.
- If you were under the age of 21 at the time of the injury, or were mentally incapacitated at the time, Missouri Revised Statute §516.170 states that you have 5 years after the date you turn 21 or that your "legal disability" ends.
- If you are hurt by someone who was a resident of Missouri when the injury happened, but left the state at a later date before you filed a lawsuit, Missouri Revised Statute §516.200 states that the time the defendant is out of Missouri does not apply toward the five years.
If you have been injured in an auto accident in Willard, MO, the clock is already ticking for when you can make your claim. Do not hesitate, give the auto accident law firm of Burger Law a call now at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online to get justice and complete compensation for your injuries. We start working on your Willard, MO case right away and do not stop until we win your case.
What Are the Factors That Determine an Auto Accident Settlement in Willard, MO?
As the purpose of a car crash settlement is to adequately compensate you for your damages, the severity of those injuries is the compelling element in how much your settlement might be. Other aspects include the insurance policy in question, how your injuries have impacted your life, if you are to blame in any degree for your accident and the capabilities of your Willard, MO auto accident lawyer:
- The severity of your injuries — As more major injuries lead to more time lost from work in Willard, MO and larger medical expenses, they generate higher settlements, particularly when adding in the pain and suffering multiplier.
- How your injuries have impacted your life — The greater the effect on your physical, emotional and mental well-being, the higher the noneconomic damages will be.
- The insurance policy — Missouri has a minimum insurance requirement of $25,000 for bodily injury, and while a skilled Willard, MO auto accident lawyer might be able to get you more, there are instances when you will be limited by the negligent driver's and/or your insurance policy limits.
- If you are partially responsible — With comparative negligence policies like Missouri law observes, you can still be awarded financial compensation if you were partially to blame; yet, the total amount will be less. For example, if you are awarded $100,000 in damages but it is decided that you are 30 percent to blame for your accident, you would get $70,000. Even if you were 99 percent at fault, you can still receive compensation in Missouri.
- Your car accident lawyer — You need an aggressive and skilled Willard, MO lawyer to fight the insurance company and its tactics. Your auto accident attorney will also need to investigate your crash, prove liability on the part of the other driver and have a network of medical and economic experts in the Willard, MO area and throughout MO to precisely calculate your claim. If the insurance company refuses to extend a fair settlement in negotiation, you will need an experienced trial attorney with courtroom savvy that will argue your case in front of a jury.
What Tricks Do Insurance Companies Use To Avoid Paying Claims?
When you have a personal injury claim, be aware of the tricks insurance c …
Is It Worth It to Get a Lawyer for a Car Accident?
Is It Worth It to Get a Lawyer for a Car Accident? If you've been injured …
When Should I Hire an Attorney After a Car Accident?
When Should I Hire an Attorney After a Car Accident? If you were injured …
What Do I Do After an Auto Accident in Willard, MO?
Auto accidents are not a pleasant experience, and they are often startling and frightening. However, it is crucial to keep a level head in the aftermath of an accident. According to the Burger Law Willard, MO auto accident lawyers, you should follow these steps to ensure everyone’s safety and to get the premier results from your claim in Willard, MO:
- Check to see if you or anyone else is injured. The most vital thing in a Willard, MO auto accident is everybody's well-being and safety. Assess the scene to see if anyone is injured and how severe their injuries are. If there are severe injuries to you or anyone else, call 911 right away. If you can and it is safe to do so, render first aid to anyone who needs it.
- Get to safety. Do not move anyone who is severely injured until emergency medical personnel arrive, and warn other vehicles of the crash. If you are unable to move your vehicle, turn on the emergency lights and exit to get to the side of the road whenever it is safe. Otherwise, move your vehicle to the side of the road and away from oncoming traffic to avoid a multi-car accident.
- Phone the police. If you have not already called 911, call the Willard, MO or county police. Missouri Revised Statute §303.040 calls for Missouri drivers to report any motor vehicle accident that results in death, personal injury, or over $500 in property damage. If you are unsure as to the extent of the damage or how bad your injuries are, err on the side of caution and call the police. Not only is it the law, but police in Willard, MO are trained to provide an official account of what happened in accidents, and their report will go a long way in proving your claim and holding the other party accountable.
- Document the accident scene and collect evidence. Take photos of all vehicles involved, any injuries you sustained and other parts of the scene, like the roadway around the accident. A lack of tire marks could be sufficient to prove that the other driver was distracted and is responsible for the car crash. If the other driver was drunk, take pictures of law enforcement arresting them.
You should also trade insurance information with the other driver. If there were eyewitnesses, get their contact information so your Willard, MO auto accident attorney can take official depositions from them. As your memory will be freshest in the immediate aftermath, it is also a good idea to write down everything you remember about the accident as you may forget seemingly insignificant details that later turn out to be crucial.
- Get medical treatment. Even if you do not believe your injuries are severe, it is a good idea to go to an urgent care facility in the Willard, MO area after a car accident. Occassionally, with some injuries, you may not deal with symptoms right away, and adrenaline can frequently mask pain after a crash.
- Contact Burger Law. When you are seriously hurt in an auto accident, it is beneficial to find an informed attorney who can assist in navigating the twists and turns of your case. An experienced, professional attorney who pushes back against bullies like resistant insurance companies is often the lone way you can truly receive maximum compensation for your damages. Our lawyers have over 70 years of combined experience standing up for the injured in Willard, MO. We know car accident claims and will be able to calculate exactly how much you are owed. Speaking with us about your claim is free, so do not approve a settlement offer before asking an auto accident lawyer if it is really adequate. We are also experienced trial attorneys, so if we cannot secure a fair financial recovery in negotiations, we will move the fight to a judge and jury.
What Should I Look For When Picking an Auto Accident Lawyer in Willard, MO?
When it comes to selecting an auto accident lawyer in Willard, MO, it is important to do your homework and find the right lawyer for the finer points of your case. The following are some key factors to consider:
- Experience: An experienced auto accident lawyer knows the intricacies of the legal system and be able to help you fight against bullying insurance companies. Burger Law has nearly 30 years of experience in the Willard, MO area, and throughout Missouri, standing up to prosecutors and insurance companies on behalf of our clients.
- Specialization: Different attorneys specialize in different aspects of the law, and it is critical to locate one who specializes in auto accident cases. The Burger Law Willard, MO auto accident lawyers are not only well steeped in car crash cases, we dedicate our careers to handling cases like yours and doing whatever it takes to get you full compensation for your lost wages, medical bills, other out-of-pocket expenses and the pain and suffering you have incurred because of your injuries.
- Reputation: It is also important to locate an attorney who is known in the community and who has a good reputation. Ask around for recommendations and read online reviews, and you will notice Burger Law’s stellar track record throughout the Willard, MO area.
- Communication: It is important to locate a lawyer in Willard, MO who is easy to talk to and is willing to answer your questions. Gary Burger has literally written the book on absolutely essential questions to ask before you choose a lawyer. We always make sure you updated on what is going on with your case. We also handle all documentation, negotiation and litigation, also keeping you in the loop throughout these procedures. Give us a call as soon as possible at (314) 500-HURT or reach out to us online.
Contact a Burger Law Willard, MO Auto Accident Attorney
Do not settle for less than you deserve, no matter if it is some other auto accident lawyer near Willard, MO or an offer from an insurance company. Burger Law has experienced, aggressive and unwavering auto accident attorneys ready to stand in your corner and fight for your rights throughout your claim.
Give our Willard, MO auto accident lawyer team a call today at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online. We do not collect any fees until we win your case. Get legal representation in Willard, MO when you need it, and pay when you get paid.