Standing by your side
Bus Accident Attorney in Blue Springs, MO
Bus Accident Attorney in Blue Springs, MO. If you or a family member has been harmed in a devastating bus accident, take the first step in your recovery by calling Burger Law today at (314) 500-HURT or by contacting us online.
Bus accidents almost never receive equal attention as plane or train wrecks, even though the can oftentimes be similarly dangerous and deadly. In 2020, there were 964 bus accidents in Missouri that resulted in personal injury or death. We trust Blue Springs, MO bus drivers and bus companies to keep us safe and obey the rules. When they break that trust and disregard the rules it can have ruinous, sometimes lifelong consequences for you or your family. Your Blue Springs, MO bus accident attorney at Burger Law will make certain that you recover the best possible compensation that you are entitled to for your injuries.
At Burger Law, our bus accident attorney team has over two decades of experience fighting for the rights of the injured in Blue Springs and throughout Missouri and standing up to bullies like resistant insurance companies and people who carelessly do not want to be held accountable for their reckless behavior. Many Blue Springs, MO residents have put their claims and their futures in our accomplished hands, and to date we have recovered for them over $175 million in verdicts and settlements. Our bus accident attorney team uses their determination, dedication, relentlessness, knowledge and experience to help deliver justice in personal injury cases and help Blue Springs, MO residents heal. You should not have to lose wages, pay for sky-high medical costs and also handle the emotional trauma of your injury only because another person did not respect the rules. If you or a loved one has been hurt in a Blue Springs, MO bus accident, contact the bus accident attorney of Burger Law today at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online for a complimentary consultation. We get started on your case immediately, and you do not owe us any fees until we win you the compensation you deserve.
If you were injured in a bus accident in Blue Springs, MO because of somebody else's careless behavior, find out how much your claim may be worth by filling out our personal injury calculator.
What's The Process to Settle My Personal Injury Claim?
Click to view video
Click to view video
Do I Need a Blue Springs, MO Bus Accident Attorney?
If you have experienced injuries in a bus accident, you are probably feeling especially undefended. After all, you were not the driver and you boarded the bus under the assumption that the appropriate safety protocols were followed. Blue Springs, MO bus companies and drivers have firm laws they are supposed to follow, but sometimes they fail in those responsibilities and they leave us to pick up the pieces. Because of the force that is frequently exerted by bus accidents, injuries can take years to truly recover from, may have permanent consequences or in the most tragic cases can even lead to wrongful death. The Blue Springs, MO bus accident attorney at Burger Law will stand in your corner so you do not need to face an uncertain future alone. When you hire us we start investigating on your case immediately, and work relentlessly until you are awarded the maximum compensation you are owed. We have seen every type of bus accident claim and know every trick insurance companies use to try and deceive injured Blue Springs, MO individuals and families into settling for less compensation than they are owed. Those Blue Springs, MO insurance companies fear us because they know our bus accident attorney team takes on – and wins – the tough cases. Call us today and let the compassionate, seasoned and aggressive bus accident lawyers at Burger Law help you protect your family’s future and help make you whole again.
Legal proceedings are complex and can be difficult to comprehend for Blue Springs, MO residents who do not have the litigation and trial experience of an accomplished bus accident attorney. We have more than 20 years of experience standing up to bullies and fighting the hard cases. When you hire our Blue Springs, MO bus accident attorney team, we handle every aspect of your claim. You can bank on an accomplished and savvy bus accident attorney at Burger Law to:
- Investigate the crash site the first chance we get. When you call us, we can have a bus accident lawyer at the site at any time during the day or night in order to secure essential evidence for your case.
- Interview eyewitnesses who were either also involved in the crash or were nearby. As buses carry multiple passengers, there are typically other people who want the same answers and compensation you need. Eyewitness testimony is a essential part of winning your case.
- Collect further evidence such as tire marks, security footage, police reports, in additional to key details such as how far the driver had driven that day or when the last inspection and maintenance was done on the bus. Several different factors play a part in bus accidents, and your Burger Law Blue Springs, MO bus accident attorney will discover why the crash happened and who needs to be held liable.
- Utilize our network of Blue Springs, MO crash and medical experts to determine liability for your bus accident injuries and assess exactly how much your damages are worth. You deserve every dime of what you are entitled to and we will use our know-how and expertise to ensure you get it.
- Stand up to resistant Blue Springs, MO insurance companies who are more concerned for their bottom line than your well-being. We have seen every trick in the book that insurance companies use to try and devalue your damages. When you hire us, you can be sure those ploys will not work in your case.
- Take the fight in front of a judge and jury if the insurance company refuses to offer a fair settlement, we will use our constantly trained litigation skills to secure you a great financial recovery for your injuries.
Additionally, our bus accident attorney team will be by your side the whole time. We oversee all communication, documentation and litigation so that you can focus all of your energy on healing and making your family whole again. We collect no attorneys fees until you get fair compensation. If you or a family member has been harmed in a ruinous bus accident, contact an expert and dedicated bus accident attorney at Burger Law today.
Who is Liable for My Bus Accident Injuries?
Since bus drivers, companies and manufacturers all have a role to play in running a bus safely you will first need to discover the cause of the accident before determining who was negligent. Thankfully, an accomplished and skilled Blue Springs, MO bus accident attorney like those at Burger Law have seen every kind of car accident, truck accident and bus accident case and will be able to find out who needs to be held liable for your injuries.
What Causes Bus Accidents? | Blue Springs, MO Bus Accident Attorney
- The age of the driver and their experience. A 2012 Journal of Safety Research study found that novice drivers under 25 years old, in addition to more experienced drivers over 55 years old were more likely to be driving when a bus accident happened.
- Driver error. While the same study stated that just 4 percent of bus accidents were owing to a serious offense such as drunk driving, another study by the University of Michigan reported that 31 percent of bus drivers in metropolitan area bus wrecks had been cited with driving errors, such as speeding, being fatigued or distracted driving.
- Driver fatigue. A good deal of bus drivers, especially the ones that work for commercial bus companies such as Greyhound that require drivers to drive hundreds of miles in the middle of the night, become sleepy and can even fall asleep behind the wheel. While most busing companies have specifications about how many hours a driver can drive during a day or how frequently they have to take a break, those regulations are frequently <a href="https://www.cnn.com/2016/05/23/us/greyhound-investigation/" target="_blank” rel="nofollow noreferrer noopener title="CNN"not mandatory or obeyed.
- Road conditions. Given buses’ mass and the intricacy of steering them, slippery roads or Blue Springs, MO construction areas can be especially risky for bus commuters. Sometimes a third party such as a construction company will be at fault. Burger Law's bus accident attorney will help you determine if that is true in your case.
- Negligence by the bus company. Bus companies are overseen by regulatory bodies, but not nearly as much as other transportation industries. A 2011 study by the National Transportation Safety Board found that The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration has only 878 personnel responsible for reviews for more than 765,000 trucks and buses, or only 1.15 inspectors per 1,000 motor carriers. This means inspectors often cannot stay ahead of the number of inspections required. Some Blue Springs, MO bus companies do not properly inspect their vehicles, causing them to be a hazard. Additionally, bus companies are obligated to ensure that their drivers are properly trained and are not overworked.
- Hazardous roads. Unsafe road conditions or hazards in the road can result in a driver losing control and causing an accident. A Few typical examples are:
- Uneven pavement or cracks in the pavement
- Defective or missing traffic lights
- Obstacles on the road, for example branches or vehicle wreckage
- Poor lighting
- Excessive grades
The more time the dangerous condition has been on the Blue Springs, MO road, the better your odds of holding the negligent parties accountable. The at-fault party may be a local Blue Springs, MO government, or a third party whom the government paid to eliminate the condition but either did not do so soon enough or did not adequately repair it.
Once your talented Blue Springs, MO bus accident attorney determines the reasons behind your crash, they will be able to confirm who is liable for your injuries and how to proceed with delivering you a full financial recovery. Below are some examples of parties who are typically found negligent in bus accident claims.
Commercial Bus Lines
Transportation buses such as Greyhounds are regarded as common carriers legally speaking, which means they have a duty of care to their patrons to look out for their safety. One facet of that duty of care is to make sure that their drivers are not being overworked. In despite of saying that safety is their highest priority, a CNN report in 2016 found that Greyhound is not following its own rules concerning driver fatigue. Drivers are theoretically obliged to stop every 150 miles and get out to inspect the bus to inhibit fatigue. However, the rule is not enforced and is rarely followed as too many breaks could lead to financial losses for the company. A 2012 government study found that 37 percent of all passenger bus crashes were because of driver fatigue. Furthermore, many Greyhound riders have said that their driver was eating during the time of an accident, which constitutes distracted driving.
Making sure that Blue Springs, MO buses are sufficiently inspected and repaired and that they have safety equipment such as seatbelts are also the responsibility of the bus company. A bus accident may be a consequence of a bus company either neglecting to conduct routine maintenance or failing to fix a broken part or component. Buses with more miles under their wheels are particularly vulnerable to breaking down and bus companies must keep their fleets updated.
Finally, bus companies need to be mindful in their hiring practices. All drivers need to be sufficiently licensed and trained, and should only be able to drive after passing strict background checks. Your Blue Springs, MO bus accident attorney at Burger Law will carry out a complete investigation into the bus company's hiring practices and the person who was driving when the crash transpired.
A Bus Manufacturer
Like car and other motor vehicle manufacturers, bus manufacturers have a duty to certify the safety of their products and swiftly issue recalls if a product is found to be unsafe. If they approve an inherently unsafe design or do not recall a component that they knew or should have known was not functioning adequately, they are guilty of product liability. While they might attempt to place the blame on somebody else, your Blue Springs, MO bus accident attorney at Burger Law has over two decades of experience making sure careless parties are held accountable for their actions.
The Blue Springs or Missouri Government or a Public Entity
Public transportation accidents can frequently be disastrous because of the number of people involved and because they usually occur in metropolitan areas. While you can file a suit against the Blue Springs, MO government, there are particular procedures for doing so. Missouri has sovereign immunities for governmental entities and government employees than for the average citizen in injury liability suits. If you want to make a claim against a municipality or government employee, you must file it within 90 days of the injury with the Office of Administration’s Risk Management Division. That is why it is vital to contact a Blue Springs, MO bus accident attorney immediately after your injury. There is no time to wait, call the trusted Burger Law bus accident injury lawyers now at (314) 500-HURT.
Missouri Revised Statute §537.600 grants sovereign immunity to government entities and employees except against a government employee who was driving a motor vehicle “within the course of their employment.” This means that you can sue or make a claim against a negligent or reckless public bus driver in Missouri.
The Bus Driver
Even a properly licensed and trained bus driver can cause a crash through driver error. If they became distracted by eating or talking, did not pull over when they were feeling fatigued, did not pay attention to the Blue Springs, MO road conditions and driving laws while they were driving or made the dangerous decision to drive drunk, they need to be held responsible just like bus companies sometimes have to be. When you ascend a bus you trust that driver with your health and your life. If a bus driver does not take that obligation to heart and causes you injury, you can be certain that the devoted and tenacious bus accident attorney at Burger Law will make them pay.
The Other Driver
Like any type of motor vehicle wreck, there are often two or more drivers, and in some instances they each may shoulder a percentage of the blame. Another driver’s recklessness, such as speeding, driving while intoxicated or pulling in front of the bus too quickly can injure you. If you were hurt in a bus wreck where there was another driver or drivers involved, your skilled and accomplished Blue Springs, MO bus accident attorney will help you ascertain if they are at fault and if you should make a claim against their insurance company.
School bus accidents are the most common type of bus accident in Blue Springs and Missouri. Nationally, school bus accidents account for 40 percent of all fatal bus wrecks. While often the driver, bus company or bus manufacturer is at fault, a school district in Blue Springs, MO may also be held responsible, for instance if they did not cancel school on a day when weather conditions were especially poor or they did not carry out adequate background checks when hiring drivers.
Below are some helpful links and frequently asked questions for bus accident injuries and other types of injuries:
- Do I have to Talk to the Insurance Company Before I Talk to a Lawyer?
- How Much to Expect in an Auto Accident Settlement
- What Happens During Litigation?
- Does My Family Have a Wrongful Death Claim?
- Proving Negligence in a Personal Injury Claim
What Compensation Can A Bus Accident Attorney in Blue Springs, MO Recover For Me?
The compensation you are awarded in a bus accident case will usually be based on the gravity of your injuries and the consequences they have on your life. You may have gotten a mild concussion that merely required a quick trip to an emergency room in Blue Springs, MO and a short time off work. Or, you may have experienced a disastrous spinal cord injury that leaves you disabled and in need of special equipment for the rest of your life. When you hire a dedicated and accomplished Blue Springs, MO bus accident attorney at Burger Law, we will make certain that you are awarded a full financial recovery for all of the pain and inconvenience your injury has caused and will continue to cause. Missouri Senate Bill 239 defines the damages you can receive as:
- Economic damages, including:
- Medical expenses, such as hospital bills, physical therapy, assistive devices and medications
- Lost wages
- Lost earning potential
We utilize our network of medical and economic experts to calculate the exact dollar amount you deserve, accounting for inflation for future lost earning potential or future medical expenses.
- Noneconomic damages, including:
- pain and suffering
- mental anguish
- physical impairment
- loss of capacity to enjoy life
- loss of consortium
However severe your injuries and however much they have affected your life, Burger Law's Blue Springs, MO bus accident attorney team will fight relentlessly to ensure that you collect full compensation for all of your damages.
Learn more about our various practice areas by clicking the links below:
- Truck Crash Lawyers in Missouri
- Semi-Truck Accident Lawyer in Missouri
- Car Accident Attorney in Missouri
Call Our Blue Springs, MO Bus Accident Attorney Today
We have seen every type of bus accident case and know the tremendous anguish and disastrous effect it can have on your and your family. Your Blue Springs, MO bus accident attorney at Burger Law is passionate, accomplished, trustworthy and relentless and will use every bit of the knowledge and abilities we have acquired over the past two decades to secure you the full recovery you rightfully deserve. If you or a loved one has been harmed in a bus accident, do not wait another second. Call Burger Law immediately at (314) 500-HURT or fill out our online form for a free case review.