Standing by your side
Bus Accident Attorney in Bolivar, MO
Bus Accident Attorney in Bolivar, MO. If you or a loved one has been hurt in a disastrous bus accident, take the first step in your recovery by calling Burger Law today at (314) 500-HURT or by contacting us online.
Bus accidents rarely get the same attention as plane or train crashes, even though the can frequently be equally as harmful and fatal. In 2020, there were 964 bus accidents in Missouri that resulted in personal injury or death. We trust Bolivar, MO bus drivers and bus companies to keep us safe and follow the rules. When they eschew their duty and do not respect the rules it can have devastating, sometimes permanent effects for you or your family. Your Bolivar, MO bus accident attorney at Burger Law will make certain that you get the full compensation that you are owed for your injuries.
At Burger Law, our bus accident attorney team has more than 20 years of experience defending the injured in Bolivar and throughout Missouri and standing up to bullies like deceptive insurance companies and people who selfishly do not want to take responsibility for their reckless behavior. Our Bolivar, MO clients have put their claims and their futures in our knowledgeable hands, and to date we have won them over $175 million in verdicts and settlements. Our bus accident attorney team uses their hard work, devotion, persistence, knowledge and experience to help right wrongs in personal injury cases and help Bolivar, MO residents become whole again. You should not have to lose wages, pay for exorbitant medical bills and also work through the emotional toll of your injury only because somebody else disregarded the rules. If you or a loved one has been injured in a Bolivar, MO bus accident, contact the bus accident attorney of Burger Law today at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online for a complimentary consultation. We get started on your case straight away, and we do not charge any fees until we win your case.
If you were injured in a bus accident in Bolivar, MO because of somebody else's reckless actions, find out how much your claim may be worth by filling out our personal injury calculator.
What's The Process to Settle My Personal Injury Claim?
Click to view video
Click to view video
Do I Need a Bolivar, MO Bus Accident Attorney?
If you were caused injuries in a bus accident, we know you are feeling especially unshielded. After all, you were not the driver and you got on board the bus under the assumption that the proper safety arrangements were obeyed. Bolivar, MO bus companies and drivers have firm regulations they have a responsibility to obey, but sometimes they neglect those duties and they leave us to pick up the pieces. Because of the force that is often exerted by bus accidents, injuries can take years to truly recover from, may have lifelong consequences or in the most tragic cases can even result in wrongful death. The Bolivar, MO bus accident attorney at Burger Law will stand by your side so you do not need to go it alone. When you hire us we start working on your case straight away, and work relentlessly until you win the best possible compensation you are owed. We have experienced with every type of bus accident injury and know every trick insurance companies use to try and deceive injured Bolivar, MO individuals and families into settling for less money than they entitled to. Those Bolivar, MO insurance companies are afraid of us because they know our bus accident attorney team takes on – and wins – the hard cases. Call us today and let the compassionate, seasoned and tenacious bus accident lawyers at Burger Law help you safeguard your family’s future and help make you whole again.
Legal proceedings are convoluted and can be difficult to comprehend for Bolivar, MO residents who do not have the litigation and trial experience of an accomplished bus accident attorney. For over 20 years standing up to bullies and fighting the hard fight. When you hire our Bolivar, MO bus accident attorney team, we oversee every aspect of your claim. You can bank on an accomplished and talented bus accident attorney at Burger Law to:
- Investigate the crash site as soon as possible. When you call us, we can have a bus accident lawyer at the site at any time during the day or night in order to acquire vital evidence for your case.
- Interview eyewitnesses who were either also received injuries in the crash or were nearby. As buses carry many passengers, there are often a lot of passengers who want the same answers and compensation you seek. Eyewitness testimony is a important part of winning your case.
- Obtain further evidence such as tire marks, security footage, police reports, in additional to important details such as how long the driver had driven without taking a break or when the last inspection and repairs were conducted on the bus. A lot of different factors play a part in bus accidents, and your Burger Law Bolivar, MO bus accident attorney will determine why the crash happened and who needs to be held accountable.
- Utilize our network of Bolivar, MO accident and medical experts to determine liability for your bus accident injuries and calculate exactly how much your injuries are worth. You deserve every dime of what you are entitled to and we will implement our experience and expertise to ensure you get it.
- Stand up to resistant Bolivar, MO insurance companies who are more concerned for their bottom line than your well-being. We have seen every trick in the book that insurance companies use to try and devalue your injuries. When you hire us, you can be sure those tricks will not work in your case.
- Take your case to trial if the insurance company will not offer a fair settlement, we will use our expert litigation skills to win you a full financial recovery for your damages.
Furthermore, our bus accident attorney team will be in your corner entire time. We handle all communication, documentation and litigation so that you can spend all of your energy on healing and making your family whole again. You owe us no attorneys fees until you are fully compensated. If you or a family member has been harmed in a disastrous bus accident, contact an expert and committed bus accident attorney at Burger Law today.
Who is Liable for My Bus Accident Injuries?
Because it requires so many people to operate a bus safely, from manufacturers, to bus companies to drivers, you will first need to learn the cause of the accident before determining who caused your injuries. Thankfully, an accomplished and skilled Bolivar, MO bus accident attorney like those at Burger Law have seen every kind of car accident, truck accident and bus accident case and will be able to determine who needs to be held responsible for your injuries.
What Causes Bus Accidents? | Bolivar, MO Bus Accident Attorney
- The age of the driver and their experience. A 2012 Journal of Safety Research study found that inexperienced drivers under 25 years old, as well as more experienced drivers over 55 years old were more likely to be driving when a bus accident occurred.
- Driver behavior. While the same study reported that only 4 percent of bus accidents were due to a severe offense such as drunk driving, another study by the University of Michigan stated that 31 percent of bus drivers in metropolitan area bus collisions had been cited with driving errors, for example, speeding, being fatigued or distracted driving.
- Driver fatigue. A good deal of bus drivers, especially the ones that are employed by commercial bus companies such as Greyhound that necessitate drivers to drive hundreds of miles at all hours of the day or night, become drowsy and can even fall asleep at the wheel. While most busing companies have rules about how many hours a driver can drive during a day or how frequently they have to take a break, those rules are often <a href="https://www.cnn.com/2016/05/23/us/greyhound-investigation/" target="_blank” rel="nofollow noreferrer noopener title="CNN"not mandatory or obeyed.
- Road hazards. Given buses’ mass and the awkwardness of maneuvering them, icy roads or Bolivar, MO construction areas can be particularly risky for bus riders. Sometimes a third party such as a construction company is negligent. Burger Law's bus accident attorney will help you decide if that applies case.
- Negligence by the bus company. Bus companies are regulated, but not close to as much as other transportation industries. A 2011 study by the National Transportation Safety Board found that The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration has only 878 personnel responsible for inspections of over 765,000 commercial motor vehicles, or just 1.15 inspectors per 1,000 motor carriers. This means inspectors typically cannot keep pace with the quantity of inspections required. Some Bolivar, MO bus companies do not properly maintain their vehicles, causing them to be less safe. Additionally, bus companies need to make sure that their drivers are sufficiently trained and do not drive too long without a break.
- Hazardous roads. Unsafe road conditions or hazards in the road can result in a driver losing control and causing an accident. Some typical examples are:
- Uneven pavement or cracks in the pavement
- Faulty or missing traffic lights
- Obstacles on the road, for instance branches or vehicle wreckage
- Insufficient lighting
- Excessive grades
The longer the dangerous condition has been on the Bolivar, MO street, the better your odds of holding the negligent parties responsible. The at-fault party may be a local Bolivar, MO government, or a third party whom the government contracted to repair the problem but either did not do so in a timely fashion or did not adequately repair it.
Once your accomplished Bolivar, MO bus accident attorney ascertains the reasons behind your crash, they will be able to establish who is liable for your injuries and how to go forward with delivering you a maximum financial recovery. Below are some examples of parties who are frequently found negligent in bus accident cases.
Commercial Bus Companies
Transport buses such as Greyhounds are regarded as common carriers under the law, which means they have a duty of care to their riders to maintain their safety. Part of that duty of care is to ensure that their drivers are not driving too many miles without a break. In despite of saying that safety is their principal priority, a CNN report in 2016 found that Greyhound is not obeying its own rules concerning driver fatigue. Drivers are technically mandated to stop every 150 miles and get out to inspect the vehicle to hold off drowsiness. However, the rule is not enforced and is rarely followed as too many breaks could lead to financial losses for the company. A 2012 government study stated that 37 percent of all passenger bus crashes were due to driver fatigue. Furthermore, many Greyhound riders have said that their driver was eating when the accident happened, which is an example of distracted driving.
Ensuring that Bolivar, MO buses are sufficiently inspected and maintained and that they have safety equipment such as seatbelts are also the responsibility of the bus company. A bus accident may be a consequence of a bus company either failing to provide routine maintenance or neglecting to repair a broken part or component. Buses with more miles under their wheels are especially vulnerable to breaking down and bus companies must keep their fleets updated.
Finally, bus companies need to be diligent in their hiring practices. All drivers need to be sufficiently licensed and trained, and should only be allowed to drive after passing stringent background checks. Your Bolivar, MO bus accident attorney at Burger Law will carry out a complete investigation into the bus company's hiring practices and the person who was driving when the accident took place.
A Bus Manufacturer
Like car and other motor vehicle manufacturers, bus manufacturers have an obligation to ensure the safety of their vehicles and swiftly announce recalls if a product is found to be hazardous. If they approve an inherently defective design or do not recall a component that they knew or should have known was not functioning properly, they are guilty of product liability. While they might try to place the blame on somebody else, your Bolivar, MO bus accident attorney at Burger Law has over 20 years of experience making sure liable parties are held responsible for their actions.
The Bolivar or Missouri Government or a Public Entity
Public transportation accidents can often be ruinous because of the number of people who could be injured and because they typically occur in densely populated areas. While you can file a suit against the Bolivar, MO government, there are specific procedures for doing so. Missouri has stricter protections for governmental bodies and government employees than for the average citizen in injury liability claims. If you seek to file a suit against a municipality or government employee, you must file it within 90 days of the injury with the Office of Administration’s Risk Management Division. That is why it is necessary to call a Bolivar, MO bus accident attorney immediately after your injury. There is no time to wait, call the trusted Burger Law bus accident injury lawyers now at (314) 500-HURT.
Missouri Revised Statute §537.600 grants sovereign immunity to government entities and employees except against a government employee who was driving a motor vehicle “within the course of their employment.” This means that you can sue or make a claim against a liable or thoughtless public bus driver in Missouri.
The Bus Driver
Even a properly licensed and trained bus driver can cause an accident because of driver error. If they became distracted by looking at the roadside or talking, did not stop when they were feeling overly tired, did not pay attention to the Bolivar, MO road conditions and driving laws while they were driving or made the terrible decision to drive drunk, they need to be held accountable just like bus companies sometimes have to be. When you get on a bus you trust that driver with your health and your life. If a bus driver does not take that duty to heart and causes you injury, you can be sure that the dedicated and aggressive bus accident attorney at Burger Law will hold them responsible.
The Other Driver
Like any type of auto wreck, two or more drivers are often involved, and in some cases they each may share a percentage of the blame. Another driver’s recklessness, such as speeding, driving while intoxicated or pulling in front of the bus too quickly can harm you. If you were harmed in a bus accident where there was another driver or drivers involved, your talented and seasoned Bolivar, MO bus accident attorney will help you establish if they are at fault and if you should make a claim against their insurance company.
School bus accidents are the most common type of bus accident in Bolivar and Missouri. Nationally, school bus accidents account for 40 percent of all fatal bus crashes. While often the driver, bus company or bus manufacturer is responsible, a school district in Bolivar, MO may also be held accountable, for instance if they did not cancel school on a day when road conditions were particularly poor or they did not perform proper background checks when hiring drivers.
Below are some helpful links and frequently asked questions for bus accident injuries and other types of injuries:
- Do I have to Talk to the Insurance Company Before I Talk to a Lawyer?
- How Much to Expect in an Auto Accident Settlement
- What Happens During Litigation?
- Does My Family Have a Wrongful Death Claim?
- Proving Negligence in a Personal Injury Claim
What Compensation Can A Bus Accident Attorney in Bolivar, MO Recover For Me?
The compensation you receive in a bus accident case will usually depend on the gravity of your injuries and the repercussions they have on your life. You may have gotten a sprained wrist that merely needed a quick trip to an emergency room in Bolivar, MO and a week or two off work. Or, you may have experienced a disastrous spinal cord injury that leaves you disabled and in need of assistive devices for the remainder of your life. When you hire a dedicated and accomplished Bolivar, MO bus accident attorney at Burger Law, we will make sure that you collect a fair financial recovery for all of the pain and inconvenience your injury has caused and will continue to cause. Missouri Senate Bill 239 defines the damages you can receive as:
- Economic damages, including:
- Medical costs, such as hospital bills, rehabilitation, assistive devices and medications
- Lost wages
- Lost earning capacity
We work with our network of medical and economic experts to determine the exact dollar amount you are owed, accounting for inflation for future lost earning potential or future medical expenses.
- Noneconomic damages, including:
- pain and suffering
- mental anguish
- physical impairment
- loss of capacity to enjoy life
- loss of consortium
However serious your injuries and however much they have affected your life, Burger Law's Bolivar, MO bus accident attorney team will fight tirelessly to ensure that you recover the best possible compensation for all of your damages.
Learn more about our various practice areas by clicking the links below:
- Truck Crash Lawyers in Missouri
- Semi-Truck Accident Lawyer in Missouri
- Car Accident Attorney in Missouri
Call Our Bolivar, MO Bus Accident Attorney Today
We have seen every type of bus accident case and know the incalculable anguish and devastating effect it can have on your and your loved ones. Your Bolivar, MO bus accident attorney at Burger Law is passionate, accomplished, trustworthy and tenacious and will use every bit of the knowledge and skills we have obtained over the past 20 years to win you the the best possible recovery you rightfully deserve. If you or a loved one has been hurt in a bus accident, do not delay. Call Burger Law immediately at (314) 500-HURT or fill out our online form for a free case review.