Standing by your side
Bus Accident Attorney in Camdenton, MO
Bus Accident Attorney in Camdenton, MO. If you or a loved one has been harmed in a catastrophic bus accident, take the first step in your recovery by calling Burger Law today at (314) 500-HURT or by contacting us online.
Bus accidents almost never get the same attention as plane or train accidents, even though the can frequently be similarly hazardous and fatal. In 2020, there were 964 bus accidents in Missouri that resulted in personal injury or death. We trust Camdenton, MO bus drivers and bus companies to keep us safe and respect the rules. When they break that trust and break the rules it can have ruinous, sometimes lifelong consequences for you or the people you care about. Your Camdenton, MO bus accident attorney at Burger Law will make sure that you secure the maximum compensation that you are owed for your damages.
At Burger Law, our bus accident attorney team has more than two decades of experience defending the injured in Camdenton and throughout Missouri and pushing back against bullies like resistant insurance companies and people who selfishly do not want to be held responsible for their careless actions. Our Camdenton, MO clients have put their cases and their futures in our trustworthy hands, and to date we have won them over $175 million in verdicts and settlements. Our bus accident attorney team uses their determination, dedication, relentlessness, knowledge and experience to help deliver justice in personal injury cases and help Camdenton, MO residents become whole again. You should not have to lose work, pay for expensive medical costs and also work through the emotional scars of your injury only because another person disregarded the rules. If you or someone you care about has been harmed in a Camdenton, MO bus accident, contact the bus accident attorney of Burger Law today at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online for a complimentary consultation. We get started on your case at once, and you do not owe us any fees until we win you the financial recovery you are owed.
If you were injured in a bus accident in Camdenton, MO because of somebody else's negligent behavior, discover how much your injury may be worth by using our personal injury calculator.
What's The Process to Settle My Personal Injury Claim?
Click to view video
Click to view video
Do I Need a Camdenton, MO Bus Accident Attorney?
If you were caused injuries in a bus accident, we know you are feeling especially undefended. After all, you were not the one driving and you went aboard the bus under the assumption that the proper safety measures were obeyed. Camdenton, MO bus companies and drivers have stringent regulations they have a duty to adhere to, but sometimes they fail in those obligations and they leave us to pick up the pieces. Because of the force that is often exerted by bus accidents, injuries can take years to truly recover from, may have lifelong consequences or in the most terrible cases can even result in wrongful death. The Camdenton, MO bus accident attorney at Burger Law will stand by your side so you do not have to go it alone. When you hire us we begin working on your case immediately, and work relentlessly until you are awarded the maximum compensation you deserve. We have seen every type of bus accident injury and know every trick insurance companies use to try and defraud injured Camdenton, MO individuals and families into settling for a lower recovery than they deserve. Those Camdenton, MO insurance companies are afraid of us because they know our bus accident attorney team takes on – and wins – the hard cases. Call us today and let the compassionate, accomplished and tenacious bus accident lawyers at Burger Law help you protect your family’s future and help make you whole again.
Legal procedures are complex and can be difficult to comprehend for Camdenton, MO residents who do not have the litigation and trial abilities of an accomplished bus accident attorney. For over two decades fighting back against bullies and fighting the hard fight. When you hire our Camdenton, MO bus accident attorney team, we oversee every aspect of your claim. You can anticipate a veteran and savvy bus accident attorney at Burger Law to:
- Investigate the crash site immediately. When you call us, we can have a bus accident lawyer at the site at any time during the day or night in order to acquire important evidence for your case.
- Interview eyewitnesses who were either also experienced injuries in the crash or were close by. As buses carry a lot of passengers, there are typically a lot of people who want the same answers and financial recovery you seek. We will conduct official depositions of eyewitnesses to aid in your case.
- Collect additional evidence such as tire marks, surveillance videos, police reports, as well as important details such as how far the driver had driven without taking a break or when the last inspection and maintenance was performed on the bus. A lot of different factors contribute to bus accidents, and your Burger Law Camdenton, MO bus accident attorney will determine why the crash happened and who needs to be held responsible.
- Use our network of Camdenton, MO crash and medical experts to determine negligence for your bus accident injuries and assess exactly how much your injuries are worth. You deserve every dime of what you are entitled to and we will utilize our know-how and expertise to make sure you collect it.
- Stand up to resistant Camdenton, MO insurance companies who are more interested in their profits than your health. We have seen every trick in the book that insurance companies use to try and devalue your claim. When you hire us, you can be sure those deceptive maneuvers will not work in your case.
- Take the fight to trial if the insurance company will not offer a fair settlement, we will use our constantly trained litigation skills to win you a full financial recovery for your damages.
Additionally, our bus accident attorney team will be keeping you informed whole time. We take control of all communication, documentation and litigation so that you can spend all of your energy on healing and making your family whole again. You owe us no attorneys fees until you get fair compensation. If you or someone you care about has been harmed in a devastating bus accident, contact an expert and dedicated bus accident attorney at Burger Law today.
Who is Liable for My Bus Accident Injuries?
Because it takes so many people to operate a bus safely, from manufacturers, to bus companies to drivers, you will first need to discover the cause of the accident before determining who is liable. Fortunately, an accomplished and skilled Camdenton, MO bus accident attorney like those at Burger Law have seen every variety of car accident, truck accident and bus accident case and will be able to discover who is responsible for your injuries.
What Causes Bus Accidents? | Camdenton, MO Bus Accident Attorney
- The age of the driver and their experience. A 2012 Journal of Safety Research study found that beginner drivers under 25 years old, as well as more experienced drivers over 55 years old were more likely to be driving when a bus accident occurred.
- Driver behavior. While the same study stated that just 4 percent of bus accidents were due to a severe offense such as drunk driving, a different study by the University of Michigan reported that 31 percent of bus drivers in metropolitan area bus crashes had committed driving errors, for example, speeding, being drowsy or distracted driving.
- Driver fatigue. A good deal of bus drivers, particularly the ones that work for commercial bus companies such as Greyhound that necessitate drivers to drive hundreds of miles in the middle of the night, become drowsy and can even fall asleep behind the wheel. While most busing companies have regulations about how many hours a driver can drive during without a break or how often they have to take a break, those regulations are frequently <a href="https://www.cnn.com/2016/05/23/us/greyhound-investigation/" target="_blank” rel="nofollow noreferrer noopener title="CNN"not required or followed.
- Road hazards. Given buses’ size and the difficulty of driving them, slippery roads or Camdenton, MO construction areas can be especially hazardous for bus riders. In some cases a third party such as a construction company will be negligent. Burger Law's bus accident attorney will help you decide if that is the case.
- Negligence by the bus company. Bus companies are regulated, but not close to as much as other transportation industries. A 2011 study by the National Transportation Safety Board found that The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration has only 878 people responsible for reviews for over 765,000 commercial motor vehicles, or just 1.15 inspectors per 1,000 motor carriers. This means inspectors typically cannot keep pace with the quantity of inspections needed. Some Camdenton, MO bus companies do not adequately inspect their vehicles, causing them to be dangerous. Additionally, bus companies are obligated to make sure that their drivers are adequately trained and do not drive too many hours without a break.
- Dangerous roads. Unsafe road conditions or hazards in the road can lead to a driver losing control and crashing. A Few typical examples are:
- Cracked or uneven pavement
- Malfunctioning or missing traffic lights
- Obstacles on the road, for example branches or vehicle wreckage
- Insufficient lighting
- Excessive grades
The longer the dangerous condition has been on the Camdenton, MO street, the better your chances of holding the liable parties responsible. The at-fault party may be a local Camdenton, MO government, or a third party whom the government contracted to fix the problem but either did not do so soon enough or did not properly repair it.
Once your talented Camdenton, MO bus accident attorney ascertains the reasons behind your accident, they will be able to ascertain who is at-fault for your injuries and how to proceed with securing you full compensation. Below are some examples of parties who are frequently found at-fault in bus accident cases.
Commercial Bus Lines
Transportation buses such as Greyhounds are considered common carriers legally speaking, which means they have a duty of care to their patrons to look out for their safety. Part of that duty of care is to make certain that their drivers are not driving too many miles in a day. Despite insisting that safety is their foremost priority, a CNN report in 2016 found that Greyhound is not complying with its own rules when it comes to driver fatigue. Drivers are theoretically mandated to stop every 150 miles and get out to inspect the bus to stave off fatigue. However, the rule is not enforced and is usually not obeyed as too many breaks could lead to financial losses for the company. A 2012 government study stated that 37 percent of all passenger bus crashes were owing to driver fatigue. Moreover, many Greyhound passengers have reported that their driver was eating during the time of an accident, which is an example of distracted driving.
Ensuring that Camdenton, MO buses are sufficiently inspected and repaired and that safety equipment such as seatbelts are present and up-to-date are also the responsibility of the bus company. A bus accident may be because of a bus company either failing to perform routine maintenance or neglecting to repair a broken part or component. Older buses are especially susceptible to breaking down and bus companies need to keep their fleets updated.
Lastly, bus companies cannot use negligent hiring practices. All drivers need to be properly licensed and trained, and should only be able to drive after passing stringent background checks. Your Camdenton, MO bus accident attorney at Burger Law will perform a complete investigation into the bus company's hiring practices and the person who was driving when the wreck occurred.
A Bus Manufacturer
Like car and other motor vehicle manufacturers, bus manufacturers have an obligation to certify the safety of their products and swiftly issue recalls in the event of a faulty product. If they approve an inherently unsafe design or do not recall a component that they knew or should have known was not functioning properly, they are guilty of product liability. While they might attempt to shift the blame to someone else, your Camdenton, MO bus accident attorney at Burger Law has over two decades of experience making sure careless parties are held accountable for their behavior.
The Camdenton or Missouri Government or a Public Entity
Public transportation accidents can frequently be devastating because of the number of people who could be injured and because they frequently transpire in metropolitan areas. While you can seek a financial recovery from the Camdenton, MO government, there are special procedures for doing so. Missouri has sovereign immunities for governmental entities and government employees than for the average citizen in personal injury suits. If you seek to file a suit against a municipality or government employee, you must file it within 90 days of the accident with the Office of Administration’s Risk Management Division. That is why it is imperative to contact a Camdenton, MO bus accident attorney straight away after your accident. Do not delay, call the trusted Burger Law bus accident injury lawyers now at (314) 500-HURT.
Missouri Revised Statute §537.600 grants sovereign immunity to government entities and employees except against a government employee who was driving a motor vehicle “within the course of their employment.” This means that you can sue or make a claim against an at-fault or reckless public bus driver in Missouri.
The Bus Driver
Even a properly licensed and trained bus driver can cause a crash through driving mistakes. If they became distracted by looking at the roadside or texting, did not stop the bus when they were feeling fatigued, did not pay attention to the Camdenton, MO road conditions and driving laws while they were driving or made the horrible decision to drive drunk, they need to be held responsible just like bus companies sometimes have to be. When you ascend a bus you trust that driver with your safety and your life. If a bus driver does not take that obligation to heart and causes you injury, you can be confident that the committed and tenacious bus accident attorney at Burger Law will hold them accountable.
The Other Driver
Like any type of auto crash, there are frequently two or more drivers, and in some cases they each may shoulder a percentage of the blame. Another driver’s thoughtlessness, such as speeding, driving while intoxicated or pulling in front of the bus too quickly can injure you. If you were hurt in a bus accident where there was another driver or drivers involved, your knowledgeable and seasoned Camdenton, MO bus accident attorney will help you ascertain if they are liable and if you should make a claim against their insurance company.
School bus accidents are the most common type of bus accident in Camdenton and Missouri. Nationally, school bus accidents account for 40 percent of all fatal bus crashes. While often the driver, bus company or bus manufacturer is liable, a school district in Camdenton, MO may also be held accountable, for instance if they did not cancel school on a day when weather conditions were especially bad or they did not conduct adequate background checks when hiring drivers.
Below are some helpful links and frequently asked questions for bus accident injuries and other types of injuries:
- Do I have to Talk to the Insurance Company Before I Talk to a Lawyer?
- How Much to Expect in an Auto Accident Settlement
- What Happens During Litigation?
- Does My Family Have a Wrongful Death Claim?
- Proving Negligence in a Personal Injury Claim
What Compensation Can A Bus Accident Attorney in Camdenton, MO Recover For Me?
The compensation you recover in a bus accident case will usually depend on the gravity of your injuries and how they have affected and will impact they have on your life. You may have sustained a sprained ankle that just needed a quick trip to an emergency room in Camdenton, MO and a week or two off work. Or, you may have received a catastrophic spinal cord injury that leaves you disabled and in need of assistive devices for the remainder of your life. When you hire a dedicated and accomplished Camdenton, MO bus accident attorney at Burger Law, we will ensure that you are awarded a full financial recovery for all of the pain and inconvenience your injury has caused and will continue to cause. Missouri Senate Bill 239 defines the damages you can receive as:
- Economic damages, including:
- Medical expenses, such as hospital bills, physical therapy, assistive devices and medications
- Lost wages
- Lost earning potential
We utilize our team of medical and economic experts to calculate the exact dollar amount you are entitled to, accounting for inflation for future lost earning potential or future medical expenses.
- Noneconomic damages, including:
- pain and suffering
- mental anguish
- physical impairment
- loss of capacity to enjoy life
- loss of consortium
However severe your injuries and however much they have affected your life, Burger Law's Camdenton, MO bus accident attorney team will fight aggressively to ensure that you recover maximum compensation for all of your damages.
Learn more about our various practice areas by clicking the links below:
- Truck Crash Lawyers in Missouri
- Semi-Truck Accident Lawyer in Missouri
- Car Accident Attorney in Missouri
Call Our Camdenton, MO Bus Accident Attorney Today
We have seen every category of bus accident case and know the immense pain and disastrous effect it can have on your and your loved ones. Your Camdenton, MO bus accident attorney at Burger Law is compassionate, accomplished, straightforward and relentless and will use every bit of the knowledge and abilities we have gained over the past 20 years to win you the the best possible recovery you are rightfully owed. If you or a loved one has been harmed in a bus accident, there is no time to wait. Call Burger Law immediately at (314) 500-HURT or fill out our online form for a free case review.