Standing by your side
Bus Accident Attorney in Desloge, MO
Bus Accident Attorney in Desloge, MO. If you or a loved one has been hurt in a disastrous bus accident, take the first step in your recovery by calling Burger Law today at (314) 500-HURT or by contacting us online.
Bus accidents rarely get equal attention as plane or train crashes, even though the can oftentimes be equally as dangerous and deadly. In 2020, there were 964 bus accidents in Missouri that resulted in personal injury or death. We trust Desloge, MO bus drivers and bus companies to keep us safe and follow the rules. When they break that trust and do not respect the rules it can have devastating, sometimes lifelong outcomes for you or the people you care about. Your Desloge, MO bus accident attorney at Burger Law will make sure that you secure the maximum compensation that you are owed for your damages.
At Burger Law, our bus accident attorney team has more than two decades of experience fighting for the rights of the injured in Desloge and throughout Missouri and fighting back against bullies like dishonest insurance companies and people who carelessly do not want to take responsibility for their reckless behavior. Our Desloge, MO clients have put their cases and their futures in our accomplished hands, and in total we have won them over $175 million in verdicts and settlements. Our bus accident attorney team uses their determination, dedication, tenacity, knowledge and experience to help find justice in personal injury cases and help Desloge, MO residents become whole again. You should not have to lose work, pay for expensive medical bills and also work through the emotional scars of your injury only because somebody else did not respect the rules. If you or someone you care about has been harmed in a Desloge, MO bus accident, contact the bus accident attorney of Burger Law today at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online for a free consultation. We begin working on your claim immediately, and you do not owe us any fees until we win your case.
If you were injured in a bus accident in Desloge, MO because of somebody else's thoughtless behavior, discover how much your claim may be worth by filling out our personal injury calculator.
What's The Process to Settle My Personal Injury Claim?
Click to view video
Click to view video
Do I Need a Desloge, MO Bus Accident Attorney?
If you were caused injuries in a bus accident, you are likely feeling especially vulnerable. After all, you were not the one driving and you went aboard the bus supposing that the correct safety measures were followed. Desloge, MO bus companies and drivers have stringent regulations they have an obligation to respect, but sometimes they fail in those responsibilities and they leave us to pick up the pieces. Because of the force that is often caused by bus accidents, injuries can take years to truly heal from, may have permanent effects or in the worst instances can even cause wrongful death. The Desloge, MO bus accident attorney at Burger Law will fight on your behalf so you do not need to go it alone. When you hire us we begin working on your case at once, and will not let up until you recover the maximum compensation you are entitled to. We have seen every type of bus accident claim and know every trick insurance companies use to try and defraud injured Desloge, MO individuals and families into settling for a lower recovery than they deserve. Those Desloge, MO insurance companies fear us because they know our bus accident attorney team takes on – and wins – the difficult cases. Call us today and let the passionate, seasoned and aggressive bus accident lawyers at Burger Law help you safeguard your family’s future and help make you whole again.
Legal procedures are convoluted and can be difficult to comprehend for Desloge, MO residents who do not have the litigation and trial capabilities of an accomplished bus accident attorney. For over two decades fighting back against bullies and fighting the hard fight. When you hire our Desloge, MO bus accident attorney team, we handle every facet of your claim. You can anticipate a seasoned and knowledgeable bus accident attorney at Burger Law to:
- Investigate the crash site immediately. When you call us, we can have a bus accident lawyer on the scene at any time of the day or night in order to obtain essential evidence for your case.
- Interview eyewitnesses who were either also involved in the crash or were close by. As buses carry many passengers, there are often many passengers who want the same answers and financial recovery you do. We will perform official depositions of eyewitnesses to aid in your case.
- Collect further evidence such as tire marks, surveillance videos, police reports, in additional to key details such as how many miles the driver had driven that day or when the last inspection and maintenance was done on the bus. Several different factors give rise to bus accidents, and your Burger Law Desloge, MO bus accident attorney will discover the "whys" of the accident and who needs to be held liable.
- Work alongside our network of Desloge, MO auto wreck and medical experts to determine liability for your bus accident injuries and put a figure on precisely how much your injuries are worth. You deserve every dime of what you are owed and we will utilize our savvy and expertise to make certain you recover it.
- Fight back against resistant Desloge, MO insurance companies who are more concerned for their bottom line than your well-being. We have seen every trick in the book that insurance companies use to try and devalue your injuries. When you hire us, you can be sure those schemes will not work in your case.
- Take the fight in front of a judge and jury if the insurance company will not offer a fair settlement, we will use our expert litigation skills to secure you a full financial recovery for your injuries.
Additionally, our bus accident attorney team will be keeping you informed whole time. We take control of all communication, documentation and litigation so that you can spend all of your energy on healing and making your family whole again. We collect no attorneys fees until we win your case. If you or someone you care about has been harmed in a calamitous bus accident, contact an expert and dedicated bus accident attorney at Burger Law today.
Who is Liable for My Bus Accident Injuries?
Since it requires so many people to run a bus safely, from manufacturers, to bus companies to drivers, you will first need to discover the cause of the accident before determining who was negligent. Fortunately, an accomplished and skilled Desloge, MO bus accident attorney like those at Burger Law have seen every kind of car accident, truck accident and bus accident case and will be able to discover who needs to be held liable for your injuries.
What Causes Bus Accidents? | Desloge, MO Bus Accident Attorney
- Driver age and experience. A 2012 Journal of Safety Research study found that beginner drivers under 25 years old, as well as more experienced drivers over 55 years old were more likely to be driving when a bus accident took place.
- Driver action. While the same study reported that just 4 percent of bus accidents were due to a serious offense such as drunk driving, a different study by the University of Michigan found that 31 percent of bus drivers in metropolitan area bus accidents had been cited with driving errors, such as speeding, being fatigued or distracted driving.
- Driver fatigue. A good deal of bus drivers, especially those that are employed by commercial bus lines such as Greyhound that necessitate drivers to drive hundreds of miles in the middle of the night, become fatigued and can even fall asleep at the wheel. While most busing companies have specifications about how many hours a driver can drive during without a break or how frequently they have to take a break, those rules are often <a href="https://www.cnn.com/2016/05/23/us/greyhound-investigation/" target="_blank” rel="nofollow noreferrer noopener title="CNN"not enforced or followed.
- Road hazards. Given buses’ weight and the awkwardness of steering them, icy roads or Desloge, MO construction areas can be particularly risky for bus passengers. Sometimes a third party such as a construction company will be liable. Burger Law's bus accident attorney will help you understand if that is true in your case.
- Negligence by the bus company. Bus companies are regulated, but not close to as much as other transportation industries. A 2011 study by the National Transportation Safety Board found that The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration has only 878 inspectors responsible for inspections of more than 765,000 commercial motor vehicles, or only 1.15 inspectors per 1,000 motor carriers. This means reviews typically cannot stay ahead of the quantity of inspections needed. Some Desloge, MO bus companies do not correctly repair their vehicles, causing them to be a hazard. Additionally, bus companies need to make certain that their drivers are adequately trained and are not overworked.
- Dangerous roads. Hazards in the road and road conditions can cause a driver to lose control and crash. A Few typical examples are:
- Cracked or uneven pavement
- Faulty or missing traffic signals
- Obstacles on the road, such as branches or vehicle wreckage
- Poor lighting
- Excessive grades
The more time the dangerous condition has been on the Desloge, MO street, the better chance you have of holding the negligent parties responsible. The liable party may be a local Desloge, MO government, or a third party whom the government contracted to fix the condition but either did not do so in a timely fashion or did not properly repair it.
Once your skilled Desloge, MO bus accident attorney determines the reasons for your accident, they will be able to confirm who is responsible for your injuries and how to go forward with securing you a maximum financial recovery. Below are some examples of parties who are frequently found negligent in bus accident cases.
Commercial Bus Companies
Transport buses such as Greyhounds are regarded as common carriers legally speaking, which means they have a duty of care to their customers to maintain their safety. One facet of that duty of care is to make sure that their drivers are not driving too many miles without a break. In despite of saying that safety is their highest priority, a CNN report in 2016 found that Greyhound is not following its own rules regarding driver fatigue. Drivers are technically obligated to stop every 150 miles and get out to inspect the vehicle to hold off drowsiness. However, the rule is not enforced and is usually not followed as too many breaks could cause financial losses for the company. A 2012 government study found that 37 percent of all passenger bus crashes were because of driver fatigue. Furthermore, many Greyhound customers have reported that their driver was eating when the accident occurred, which constitutes distracted driving.
Ensuring that Desloge, MO buses are adequately inspected and repaired and that they have safety equipment such as seatbelts are also the responsibility of the bus company. A bus accident might be because of a bus company either failing to provide routine maintenance or failing to repair a broken part or component. Buses with more miles under their wheels are especially vulnerable to breaking down and bus companies need to keep their fleets updated.
Finally, bus companies need to be vigilant in their hiring practices. All drivers need to be properly licensed and trained, and should only be allowed to drive after passing stringent background checks. Your Desloge, MO bus accident attorney at Burger Law will conduct a complete investigation into the bus company's hiring practices and the person who was driving when the wreck occurred.
A Bus Manufacturer
Like car and other motor vehicle manufacturers, bus manufacturers have an obligation to guarantee the safety of their products and swiftly announce recalls if a product is found to be faulty. If they approve an inherently defective design or do not recall a component that they knew or should have known was not functioning properly, they are guilty of product liability. While they may attempt to shift the blame to somebody else, your Desloge, MO bus accident attorney at Burger Law has over 20 years of experience making sure at-fault parties are held responsible for their behavior.
The Desloge or Missouri Government or a Public Entity
Public transportation accidents can frequently be ruinous because of the number of people involved and because they generally occur in metropolitan areas. While you can file a suit against the Desloge, MO government, there are specific procedures for doing so. Missouri has sovereign immunities for governmental entities and government employees than for the average citizen in tort cases. If you seek to make a claim against a municipality or government employee, you must file it within 90 days of the accident with the Office of Administration’s Risk Management Division. That is why it is crucial to call a Desloge, MO bus accident attorney immediately after your injury. There is no time to wait, call the trusted Burger Law bus accident injury lawyers now at (314) 500-HURT.
Missouri Revised Statute §537.600 grants sovereign immunity to government entities and employees except against a government employee who was driving a motor vehicle “within the course of their employment.” This means that you can sue or make a claim against a liable or reckless public bus driver in Missouri.
The Bus Driver
Even a properly licensed and trained bus driver can cause a crash because of driver error. If they became distracted by eating or texting, did not pull over when they were feeling drowsy, did not pay attention to the Desloge, MO road conditions and driving laws while they were driving or made the dangerous decision to drive drunk, they need to be held accountable just like bus companies sometimes have to be. When you get on a bus you trust that driver with your well-being and your life. If a bus driver does not take that responsibility seriously and causes you injury, you can be sure that the devoted and tenacious bus accident attorney at Burger Law will hold them responsible.
The Other Driver
Like any type of auto crash, two or more drivers are often involved, and in some instances they each may be responsible for a percentage of the blame. Another driver’s negligence, such as speeding, driving while intoxicated or pulling in front of the bus too quickly can injure you. If you were injured in a bus crash where there was another driver or drivers involved, your knowledgeable and veteran Desloge, MO bus accident attorney will help you establish if they are liable and if you should make a claim against their insurance company.
School bus accidents are the most common type of bus crash in Desloge and Missouri. Nationally, school bus accidents account for 40 percent of all fatal bus crashes. While often the driver, bus company or bus manufacturer is responsible, a school district in Desloge, MO may also be held responsible, for example if they did not cancel school on a day when weather conditions were especially dangerous or they did not carry out sufficient background checks when hiring drivers.
Below are some helpful links and frequently asked questions for bus accident injuries and other types of injuries:
- Do I have to Talk to the Insurance Company Before I Talk to a Lawyer?
- How Much to Expect in an Auto Accident Settlement
- What Happens During Litigation?
- Does My Family Have a Wrongful Death Claim?
- Proving Negligence in a Personal Injury Claim
What Compensation Can A Bus Accident Attorney in Desloge, MO Recover For Me?
The compensation you receive in a bus accident case will usually depend on the gravity of your injuries and how they have affected and will affect they have on your life. You may have received a sprained wrist that merely required a quick trip to an emergency room in Desloge, MO and a week or two off work. Or, you may have received a catastrophic spinal cord injury that leaves you disabled and in need of special equipment for the remainder of your life. When you hire a dedicated and accomplished Desloge, MO bus accident attorney at Burger Law, we will ensure that you collect a full financial recovery for all of the pain and inconvenience your injury has caused and will continue to cause. Missouri Senate Bill 239 defines the damages you can receive as:
- Economic damages, including:
- Medical costs, such as hospital bills, physical therapy, assistive devices and medications
- Lost wages
- Lost earning potential
We use our network of medical and economic experts to quantify the exact dollar amount you are owed, accounting for inflation for future lost earning potential or future medical expenses.
- Noneconomic damages, including:
- pain and suffering
- mental anguish
- physical impairment
- loss of capacity to enjoy life
- loss of consortium
However severe your injuries and however much they have affected your life, Burger Law's Desloge, MO bus accident attorney team will fight aggressively to ensure that you recover the best possible compensation for all of your damages.
Learn more about our various practice areas by clicking the links below:
- Truck Crash Lawyers in Missouri
- Semi-Truck Accident Lawyer in Missouri
- Car Accident Attorney in Missouri
Call Our Desloge, MO Bus Accident Attorney Today
We have seen every sort of bus accident case and know the incalculable pain and catastrophic effect it can have on your and your loved ones. Your Desloge, MO bus accident attorney at Burger Law is compassionate, accomplished, straightforward and persistent and will use every bit of the knowledge and skills we have obtained over the past 20 years to get you the maximum recovery you rightfully deserve. If you or a loved one has been harmed in a bus accident, do not wait another second. Call Burger Law immediately at (314) 500-HURT or fill out our online form for a free case evaluation.