Standing by your side
Bus Accident Attorney in Eldon, MO
Bus Accident Attorney in Eldon, MO. If you or someone you care about has been hurt in a catastrophic bus accident, take control of your recovery by calling Burger Law today at (314) 500-HURT or by contacting us online.
Bus accidents hardly ever receive equal attention as plane or train wrecks, even though the can often be similarly harmful and fatal. In 2020, there were 964 bus accidents in Missouri that resulted in personal injury or death. We trust Eldon, MO bus drivers and bus companies to keep us safe and respect the rules. When they eschew their responsibilities and break the rules it can have devastating, sometimes lifelong consequences for you or your family. Your Eldon, MO bus accident attorney at Burger Law will make sure that you get the maximum compensation that you are entitled to for your injuries.
At Burger Law, our bus accident attorney team has more than 20 years of experience fighting for the rights of the injured in Eldon and throughout Missouri and standing up to bullies like deceptive insurance companies and people who selfishly do not want to be held accountable for their reckless behavior. Our Eldon, MO clients have put their cases and their futures in our capable hands, and in total we have gotten them over $175 million in verdicts and settlements. Our bus accident attorney team uses their hard work, devotion, persistence, knowledge and experience to help right wrongs in personal injury cases and help Eldon, MO residents heal. You should not have to lose wages, pay for extortionate medical costs and also handle the emotional scars of your injury only because someone else did not respect the rules. If you or a loved one has been injured in a Eldon, MO bus accident, contact the bus accident attorney of Burger Law today at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online for a complimentary case review. We start working on your case straight away, and we do not charge any fees until we win your case.
If you were injured in a bus accident in Eldon, MO because of someone else's thoughtless behavior, discover how much your claim may be worth by filling out our personal injury calculator.
What's The Process to Settle My Personal Injury Claim?
Click to view video
Click to view video
Do I Need a Eldon, MO Bus Accident Attorney?
If you were caused injuries in a bus accident, we know you are feeling especially unprotected. After all, you were not the driver and you went aboard the bus under the impression that that the proper safety protocols were obeyed. Eldon, MO bus companies and drivers have firm rules they have a duty to obey, but sometimes they fail in those obligations and they leave us to pick up the pieces. Because of the force that is generally exerted by bus accidents, injuries can take years to really recover from, may have permanent consequences or in the worst cases can even lead to wrongful death. The Eldon, MO bus accident attorney at Burger Law will stand in your corner so you do not need to go it alone. When you hire us we start investigating on your case right away, and work tirelessly until you are awarded the best possible compensation you are owed. We have seen every type of bus accident claim and know every trick insurance companies use to try and defraud injured Eldon, MO individuals and families into settling for a lower recovery than they are owed. Those Eldon, MO insurance companies are afraid of us because they know our bus accident attorney team takes on – and wins – the difficult cases. Call us today and let the compassionate, experienced and aggressive bus accident lawyers at Burger Law help you safeguard your family’s future and help make you whole again.
Legal procedures are complicated and can be unforgiving to Eldon, MO residents who do not have the litigation and trial experience of an accomplished bus accident attorney. We have more than two decades of experience standing up to bullies and fighting the hard cases. When you hire our Eldon, MO bus accident attorney team, we oversee every facet of your case. You can expect a veteran and knowledgeable bus accident attorney at Burger Law to:
- Investigate the accident site immediately. When you call us, we can have a bus accident lawyer on the scene at any time during the day or night in order to secure key evidence for your claim.
- Interview eyewitnesses who were either also sustained injuries in the crash or were nearby. As buses carry a variety of passengers, there are almost always other passengers who want the same answers and financial recovery you seek. We will conduct official depositions of eyewitnesses to help in your case.
- Obtain further evidence such as tire marks, surveillance footage, police reports, in additional to key details such as how far the driver had driven that day or when the last inspection and repairs were conducted on the bus. Many different factors cause bus accidents, and your Burger Law Eldon, MO bus accident attorney will determine why the crash happened and who needs to be held responsible.
- Work alongside our network of Eldon, MO accident and medical experts to determine negligence for your bus accident injuries and put a figure on exactly how much your damages are worth. You deserve every dime of what you are owed and we will use our knowledge and expertise to ensure you get it.
- Stand up to resistant Eldon, MO insurance companies who care more about their profits than your well-being. We have seen every trick in the book that insurance companies use to try and devalue your injuries. When you hire us, you can be sure those ploys will not work in your case.
- Take your case to trial if the insurance company does not offer a fair settlement, we will use our finely honed litigation skills to win you a great financial recovery for your damages.
Additionally, our bus accident attorney team will be keeping you informed whole time. We handle all communication, documentation and litigation so that you can focus all of your energy on healing and making your family whole again. You owe us no attorneys fees until you are fairly compensated. If you or a loved one has been hurt in a ruinous bus accident, contact an expert and devoted bus accident attorney at Burger Law today.
Who is Liable for My Bus Accident Injuries?
Since it necessitates so many people to run a bus safely, from manufacturers, to bus companies to drivers, you will first need to find out the cause of the accident before determining who caused your injuries. Fortunately, an accomplished and skilled Eldon, MO bus accident attorney like those at Burger Law have seen every category of car accident, truck accident and bus accident case and will be able to find out what entity needs to be held accountable for your injuries.
What Causes Bus Accidents? | Eldon, MO Bus Accident Attorney
- The age of the driver and their experience. A 2012 Journal of Safety Research study found that beginner drivers under the age of 25, in addition to more experienced drivers over 55 years old were more likely to be driving when a bus accident transpired.
- Driver behavior. While the same study reported that only 4 percent of bus accidents were owing to a serious offense such as drunk driving, another study by the University of Michigan stated that 31 percent of bus drivers in metropolitan area bus accidents had committed driving errors, such as speeding, being drowsy or distracted driving.
- Driver fatigue. A large portion of bus drivers, especially those that work for commercial bus lines such as Greyhound that necessitate drivers to drive hundreds of miles at all hours of the day or night, become fatigued and can even fall asleep behind the wheel. While most busing companies have specifications about how many hours a driver can drive during a day or how often they have to take a break, those rules are frequently <a href="https://www.cnn.com/2016/05/23/us/greyhound-investigation/" target="_blank” rel="nofollow noreferrer noopener title="CNN"not required or obeyed.
- Road conditions. Given buses’ weight and the intricacy of steering them, slippery roads or Eldon, MO construction areas can be particularly hazardous for bus commuters. In some cases a third party such as a construction company will be negligent. Burger Law's bus accident attorney will help you decide if that is the case.
- Negligence by the bus company. Bus companies are regulated, but much less than other transportation industries. A 2011 study by the National Transportation Safety Board found that The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration has only 878 inspectors responsible for reviews for over 765,000 commercial motor vehicles, or a mere 1.15 inspectors per 1,000 motor carriers. This means reviews often cannot stay ahead of the amount of inspections required. Some Eldon, MO bus companies do not properly repair their vehicles, causing them to be less safe. Furthermore, bus companies are obligated to make sure that their drivers are correctly trained and do not drive too long without a break.
- Hazardous roads. Hazards in the road and road conditions can cause a driver to lose control and crash. A Few common examples are:
- Cracked or uneven pavement
- Malfunctioning or missing traffic signals
- Obstacles on the road, for example branches or vehicle wreckage
- Inadequate lighting
- Excessive grades
The more time the dangerous condition has been on the Eldon, MO road, the better your odds of holding the liable parties responsible. The negligent party may be a local Eldon, MO government, or a third party whom the government paid to repair the condition but either did not do so soon enough or did not correctly repair it.
Once your skilled Eldon, MO bus accident attorney deduces the reasons for your crash, they will be able to determine who is responsible for your injuries and how to take the next steps toward getting you a full financial recovery. Below are some examples of parties who are typically found negligent in bus accident claims.
Commercial Bus Companies
Transport buses such as Greyhounds are deemed common carriers legally speaking, which means they have a duty of care to their passengers to look out for their safety. One aspect of that duty of care is to make sure that their drivers are not being overworked. In despite of saying that safety is their top priority, a CNN report in 2016 found that Greyhound is not complying with its own rules concerning driver fatigue. Drivers are theoretically mandated to stop every 150 miles and get out to inspect the vehicle to prevent drowsiness. However, the rule is not enforced and is not often followed as too many breaks could cause financial losses for the company. A 2012 government study stated that 37 percent of all passenger bus crashes were because of driver fatigue. Moreover, many Greyhound passengers have reported that their driver was eating during the time of an accident, which is an example of distracted driving.
Ensuring that Eldon, MO buses are adequately inspected and maintained and that they have safety equipment such as seatbelts are also the responsibility of the bus company. A bus accident may be a consequence of a bus company either failing to perform routine inspections or failing to fix a broken part or component. Buses with more miles under their wheels are especially vulnerable to breaking down and bus companies must keep their fleets updated.
Lastly, bus companies need to be prudent in their hiring practices. All drivers need to be correctly licensed and trained, and should only be able to drive after passing stringent background checks. Your Eldon, MO bus accident attorney at Burger Law will carry out a complete investigation into the bus company's hiring practices and the person who was driving when the crash occurred.
A Bus Manufacturer
Like car and other motor vehicle manufacturers, bus manufacturers have an obligation to guarantee the safety of their products and swiftly issue recalls in the event of a faulty product. If they approve an inherently flawed design or do not recall a component that they knew or should have known was not functioning correctly, they are guilty of product liability. While they might attempt to place the blame on someone else, your Eldon, MO bus accident attorney at Burger Law has over two decades of experience making sure reckless parties are held accountable for their behavior.
The Eldon or Missouri Government or a Public Entity
Public transportation accidents can often be ruinous because of the number of people who could be injured and because they usually take place in densely populated areas. While you can seek compensation from the Eldon, MO government, there are particular procedures for doing so. Missouri has sovereign immunities for governmental entities and government employees than for the average citizen in tort claims. If you want to make a claim against a municipality or government employee, you must file it within 90 days of the accident with the Office of Administration’s Risk Management Division. That is why it is essential to get in touch with a Eldon, MO bus accident attorney at once after your injury. Do not delay, call the trusted Burger Law bus accident injury lawyers now at (314) 500-HURT.
Missouri Revised Statute §537.600 grants sovereign immunity to government entities and employees except against a government employee who was operating a motor vehicle “within the course of their employment.” This means that you can sue or make a claim against an at-fault or thoughtless public bus driver in Missouri.
The Bus Driver
Even a properly licensed and trained bus driver can cause a wreck owing to driver error. If they became distracted by looking at the roadside or texting, did not stop when they were feeling fatigued, did not pay attention to the Eldon, MO road conditions and driving laws while they were driving or made the terrible decision to drive drunk, they need to be held accountable just like bus companies sometimes have to be. When you get on a bus you trust that driver with your health and your life. If a bus driver does not take that obligation to heart and causes you injury, you can be certain that the dedicated and tenacious bus accident attorney at Burger Law will hold them responsible.
The Other Driver
Like any type of auto accident, two or more drivers are often involved, and in some cases they each may shoulder a portion of the blame. Another driver’s recklessness, such as speeding, driving while intoxicated or pulling in front of the bus too quickly can injure you. If you were hurt in a bus wreck where there was another driver or drivers involved, your knowledgeable and veteran Eldon, MO bus accident attorney will help you determine if they are liable and if you should make a claim against their insurance company.
School bus accidents are the the kind of bus accident we most commonly see in Eldon and Missouri. Nationally, school bus accidents account for 40 percent of all fatal bus accidents. While often the driver, bus company or bus manufacturer is liable, a school district in Eldon, MO may also be held accountable, for instance if they did not cancel school on a day when weather conditions were especially bad or they did not carry out proper background checks when hiring drivers.
Below are some helpful links and frequently asked questions for bus accident injuries and other types of injuries:
- Do I have to Talk to the Insurance Company Before I Talk to a Lawyer?
- How Much to Expect in an Auto Accident Settlement
- What Happens During Litigation?
- Does My Family Have a Wrongful Death Claim?
- Proving Negligence in a Personal Injury Claim
What Compensation Can A Bus Accident Attorney in Eldon, MO Recover For Me?
The compensation you receive in a bus accident case will generally depend on the gravity of your injuries and how they have affected and will impact they have on your life. You may have received a sprained wrist that only required a quick trip to an emergency room in Eldon, MO and a short time off work. Or, you may have sustained a devastating spinal cord injury that leaves you disabled and in need of special equipment for the remainder of your life. When you hire a dedicated and accomplished Eldon, MO bus accident attorney at Burger Law, we will make sure that you secure a maximum financial recovery for all of the pain and inconvenience your injury has caused and will continue to cause. Missouri Senate Bill 239 defines the damages you can receive as:
- Economic damages, including:
- Medical costs, such as hospital bills, rehabilitation, assistive devices and medications
- Lost wages
- Lost earning capacity
We work alongside our team of medical and economic experts to determine the exact dollar amount you deserve, accounting for inflation for future lost earning potential or future medical expenses.
- Noneconomic damages, including:
- pain and suffering
- mental anguish
- physical impairment
- loss of capacity to enjoy life
- loss of consortium
However severe your injuries and however much they have affected your life, Burger Law's Eldon, MO bus accident attorney team will fight relentlessly to ensure that you collect maximum compensation for all of your damages.
Learn more about our various practice areas by clicking the links below:
- Truck Crash Lawyers in Missouri
- Semi-Truck Accident Lawyer in Missouri
- Car Accident Attorney in Missouri
Call Our Eldon, MO Bus Accident Attorney Today
We have seen every kind of bus accident case and know the incalculable anguish and disastrous effect it can have on your and the people you care about. Your Eldon, MO bus accident attorney at Burger Law is empathetic, accomplished, straightforward and persistent and will use every bit of the knowledge and abilities we have obtained over the past 20 years to secure you the full recovery you rightfully deserve. If you or a loved one has been hurt in a bus accident, do not wait another second. Call Burger Law immediately at (314) 500-HURT or fill out our online form for a free case evaluation.