Standing by your side
Bus Accident Attorney in Fort Leonard Wood, MO
Bus Accident Attorney in Fort Leonard Wood, MO. If you or a loved one has been harmed in a destructive bus accident, take control of your recovery by calling Burger Law today at (314) 500-HURT or by contacting us online.
Bus accidents hardly ever get equal attention as plane or train accidents, even though the can oftentimes be similarly hazardous and fatal. In 2020, there were 964 bus accidents in Missouri that resulted in personal injury or death. We trust Fort Leonard Wood, MO bus drivers and bus companies to maintain our safety and respect the rules. When they eschew their responsibilities and disregard the rules it can have terrible, sometimes lifelong effects for you or your family. Your Fort Leonard Wood, MO bus accident attorney at Burger Law will make certain that you recover the best possible compensation that you deserve for your injuries.
At Burger Law, our bus accident attorney team has over two decades of experience fighting for the rights of the injured in Fort Leonard Wood and throughout Missouri and fighting back against bullies like resistant insurance companies and people who selfishly do not want to take responsibility for their negligent behavior. Our Fort Leonard Wood, MO clients have put their claims and their futures in our knowledgeable hands, and in total we have gotten them over $175 million in verdicts and settlements. Our bus accident attorney team uses their hard work, dedication, relentlessness, knowledge and experience to help find justice in personal injury cases and help Fort Leonard Wood, MO residents heal. You should not have to lose wages, pay for exorbitant medical costs and also manage the emotional trauma of your injury only because someone else disregarded the rules. If you or someone you care about has been hurt in a Fort Leonard Wood, MO bus accident, get in touch with the bus accident attorney of Burger Law today at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online for a complimentary case review. We begin working on your case right away, and we do not charge any fees until we win your case.
If you were injured in a bus accident in Fort Leonard Wood, MO because of another person's thoughtless behavior, learn how much your damages may be worth by filling out our personal injury calculator.
What's The Process to Settle My Personal Injury Claim?
Click to view video
Click to view video
Do I Need a Fort Leonard Wood, MO Bus Accident Attorney?
If you were caused injuries in a bus accident, you are likely feeling especially powerless. After all, you were not the driver and you went aboard the bus assuming that the proper safety arrangements were obeyed. Fort Leonard Wood, MO bus companies and drivers have firm laws they have a responsibility to obey, but sometimes they neglect those duties and they leave us to pick up the pieces. Because of the force that is frequently exerted by bus accidents, injuries can take years to fully heal from, may have lifelong consequences or in the most terrible instances can even lead to wrongful death. The Fort Leonard Wood, MO bus accident attorney at Burger Law will fight by your side so you do not have to face an uncertain future alone. When you hire us we begin investigating on your case right away, and work tirelessly until you get the best possible compensation you deserve. We have made a claim for every type of bus accident claim and know every trick insurance companies use to try and deceive injured Fort Leonard Wood, MO individuals and families into accepting less money than they entitled to. Those Fort Leonard Wood, MO insurance companies are afraid of us because they know our bus accident attorney team takes on – and wins – the difficult cases. Call us today and let the compassionate, experienced and aggressive bus accident lawyers at Burger Law help you safeguard your family’s future and help make you whole again.
Legal proceedings are complicated and can be unforgiving to Fort Leonard Wood, MO residents who do not have the litigation and trial abilities of an accomplished bus accident attorney. For over two decades standing up to bullies and fighting the hard fight. When you hire our Fort Leonard Wood, MO bus accident attorney team, we handle every facet of your case. You can anticipate a veteran and skilled bus accident attorney at Burger Law to:
- Investigate the crash site as soon as possible. When you call us, we can have a bus accident lawyer at the site at any time during the day or night in order to obtain essential evidence for your case.
- Interview eyewitnesses who were either also involved in the crash or were close by. As buses carry multiple passengers, there are generally a lot of people who want the same answers and financial recovery you need. We will perform official depositions of eyewitnesses to aid in your case.
- Acquire further evidence such as tire marks, security footage, police reports, in additional to key details such as how long the driver had driven without taking a break or when the last inspection and repairs were performed on the bus. Several different factors cause bus accidents, and your Burger Law Fort Leonard Wood, MO bus accident attorney will discover why the crash happened and who needs to be held liable.
- Use our network of Fort Leonard Wood, MO auto wreck and medical experts to determine negligence for your bus accident injuries and put a figure on precisely how much your damages are worth. You deserve every dime of what you are entitled to and we will utilize our knowledge and expertise to make sure you collect it.
- Stand up to resistant Fort Leonard Wood, MO insurance companies who are more concerned for their profits than your well-being. We have seen every trick in the book that insurance companies use to try and devalue your injuries. When you hire us, you can be sure those schemes will not work in your case.
- Take the fight in front of a judge and jury if the insurance company will not offer a fair settlement, we will use our finely honed litigation skills to win you a great financial recovery for your injuries.
Furthermore, our bus accident attorney team will be by your side the entire time. We manage all communication, documentation and litigation so that you can focus all of your energy on healing and making your family whole again. You owe us no attorneys fees until we win your case. If you or a loved one has been harmed in a catastrophic bus accident, contact an expert and committed bus accident attorney at Burger Law today.
Who is Liable for My Bus Accident Injuries?
Since bus drivers, companies and manufacturers all have a role to play in running a bus safely you will first need to discover the cause of the accident before determining who was negligent. Fortunately, an accomplished and skilled Fort Leonard Wood, MO bus accident attorney like those at Burger Law have seen every type of car accident, truck accident and bus accident case and will be able to find out who needs to be held liable for your injuries.
What Causes Bus Accidents? | Fort Leonard Wood, MO Bus Accident Attorney
- The age of the driver and their experience. A 2012 Journal of Safety Research study found that recently licensed drivers under the age of 25, in addition to more experienced drivers over 55 years old were more likely to be driving when a bus accident transpired.
- Driver behavior. While the same study reported that just 4 percent of bus accidents were caused by a grave offense such as drunk driving, another study by the University of Michigan stated that 31 percent of bus drivers in metropolitan area bus accidents had been cited with driving errors, such as speeding, being drowsy or distracted driving.
- Driver fatigue. A good deal of bus drivers, particularly those that are employed by commercial bus lines such as Greyhound that require drivers to drive hundreds of miles at all hours of the day or night, become fatigued and can even fall asleep at the wheel. While most busing companies have regulations about how many hours a driver can drive during without a break or how often they have to take a break, those rules are frequently <a href="https://www.cnn.com/2016/05/23/us/greyhound-investigation/" target="_blank” rel="nofollow noreferrer noopener title="CNN"not enforced or complied with.
- Road hazards. Given buses’ size and the intricacy of maneuvering them, slick roads or Fort Leonard Wood, MO construction areas can be especially risky for bus riders. Sometimes a third party such as a construction company will be liable. Burger Law's bus accident attorney will help you understand if that is the case.
- Negligence by the bus company. Bus companies are overseen by regulatory bodies, but not close to as much as other transportation industries. A 2011 study by the National Transportation Safety Board found that The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration has only 878 people responsible for reviews for more than 765,000 trucks and buses, or a mere 1.15 inspectors per 1,000 motor carriers. This means inspectors often cannot stay ahead of the quantity of inspections needed. Some Fort Leonard Wood, MO bus companies do not properly repair their vehicles, causing them to be dangerous. Furthermore, bus companies are mandated to ensure that their drivers are properly trained and are not overworked.
- Hazardous roads. Unsafe road conditions or hazards in the road can lead to a driver losing control and causing an accident. Some typical examples are:
- Uneven pavement or cracks in the pavement
- Defective or missing traffic lights
- Obstacles on the road, for example branches or vehicle wreckage
- Inadequate lighting
- Excessive grades
The longer the dangerous condition has been on the Fort Leonard Wood, MO street, the better your odds of holding the at-fault parties accountable. The liable party may be a local Fort Leonard Wood, MO government, or a third party whom the government hired to eliminate the problem but either did not do so soon enough or did not correctly repair it.
Once your knowledgeable Fort Leonard Wood, MO bus accident attorney determines the cause of your crash, they will be able to determine who is liable for your injuries and how to go forward with getting you full compensation. Below are some examples of parties who are frequently found liable in bus accident claims.
Commercial Bus Lines
Transportation buses such as Greyhounds are regarded as common carriers legally speaking, which means they have a duty of care to their passengers to look out for their safety. Part of that duty of care is to make certain that their drivers are not driving too many hours without a break. In despite of insisting that safety is their principal priority, a CNN report in 2016 found that Greyhound is not following its own rules regarding driver fatigue. Drivers are theoretically obligated to stop every 150 miles and get out to inspect the bus to prevent drowsiness. However, the rule is not enforced and is usually not followed as too many breaks could result in financial losses for the company. A 2012 government study found that 37 percent of all passenger bus crashes were owing to driver fatigue. Moreover, many Greyhound passengers have stated that their driver was eating during the time of an accident, which constitutes distracted driving.
Making certain that Fort Leonard Wood, MO buses are properly inspected and maintained and that safety equipment such as seatbelts are present and up-to-date are also the responsibility of the bus company. A bus accident may be a consequence of a bus company either neglecting to perform routine inspections or neglecting to repair a broken part or component. Older buses are particularly at risk of breaking down and bus companies need to keep their fleets updated.
Lastly, bus companies cannot use negligent hiring practices. All drivers need to be correctly licensed and trained, and should only be permitted to drive after passing strict background checks. Your Fort Leonard Wood, MO bus accident attorney at Burger Law will carry out a full investigation into the bus company's hiring practices and the person who was driving when the crash took place.
A Bus Manufacturer
Like car and other motor vehicle manufacturers, bus manufacturers have a duty to ensure the safety of their vehicles and immediately announce recalls in the event of a faulty product. If they approve an inherently dangerous design or do not recall a component that they knew or should have known was not functioning adequately, they are guilty of product liability. While they might try to shift the blame to somebody else, your Fort Leonard Wood, MO bus accident attorney at Burger Law has over two decades of experience making sure liable parties are held accountable for their behavior.
The Fort Leonard Wood or Missouri Government or a Public Entity
Public transportation accidents can frequently be devastating because of the number of people who could be injured and because they frequently transpire in metropolitan areas. While you can make a claim against the Fort Leonard Wood, MO government, there are specific procedures for doing so. Missouri has sovereign immunities for governmental bodies and government employees than for the average citizen in personal injury suits. If you seek to make a claim against a municipality or government employee, you must file it within 90 days of the accident with the Office of Administration’s Risk Management Division. That is why it is vital to contact a Fort Leonard Wood, MO bus accident attorney immediately after your accident. There is no time to wait, call the trusted Burger Law bus accident injury lawyers now at (314) 500-HURT.
Missouri Revised Statute §537.600 grants sovereign immunity to government entities and employees except against a government employee who was operating a motor vehicle “within the course of their employment.” This means that you can sue or make a claim against a negligent or careless public bus driver in Missouri.
The Bus Driver
Even a properly licensed and trained bus driver can cause a wreck due to driver error. If they became distracted by eating or talking, did not pull over when they were feeling fatigued, did not pay attention to the Fort Leonard Wood, MO road conditions and driving laws while they were driving or made the dangerous decision to drive drunk, they need to be held responsible just like bus companies sometimes have to be. When you go on board a bus you trust that driver with your health and your life. If a bus driver does not take that duty seriously and causes you injury, you can be confident that the committed and relentless bus accident attorney at Burger Law will make them pay.
The Other Driver
Like any type of auto accident, there are frequently two or more drivers, and in some instances they each may share a percentage of the blame. Another driver’s recklessness, such as speeding, driving while intoxicated or pulling in front of the bus too quickly can harm you. If you were injured in a bus accident where there was another driver or drivers involved, your talented and veteran Fort Leonard Wood, MO bus accident attorney will help you ascertain if they are at fault and if you should make a claim against their insurance company.
School bus accidents are the most common type of bus crash in Fort Leonard Wood and Missouri. Nationally, school bus accidents account for 40 percent of all fatal bus wrecks. While often the driver, bus company or bus manufacturer is liable, a school district in Fort Leonard Wood, MO may also be held responsible, for example if they did not cancel school on a day when road conditions were especially dangerous or they did not perform proper background checks when hiring drivers.
Below are some helpful links and frequently asked questions for bus accident injuries and other types of injuries:
- Do I have to Talk to the Insurance Company Before I Talk to a Lawyer?
- How Much to Expect in an Auto Accident Settlement
- What Happens During Litigation?
- Does My Family Have a Wrongful Death Claim?
- Proving Negligence in a Personal Injury Claim
What Compensation Can A Bus Accident Attorney in Fort Leonard Wood, MO Recover For Me?
The compensation you receive in a bus accident case will generally depend on the gravity of your injuries and the consequences they have on your life. You may have gotten a sprained ankle that merely needed a quick trip to an emergency room in Fort Leonard Wood, MO and a week or two off work. Or, you may have received a disastrous spinal cord injury that leaves you disabled and in need of special equipment for the remainder of your life. When you hire a dedicated and accomplished Fort Leonard Wood, MO bus accident attorney at Burger Law, we will make sure that you are awarded a full financial recovery for all of the pain and inconvenience your injury has caused and will continue to cause. Missouri Senate Bill 239 defines the damages you can receive as:
- Economic damages, including:
- Medical expenses, such as hospital bills, rehabilitation, assistive devices and medications
- Lost wages
- Lost earning potential
We utilize our team of medical and economic experts to quantify the exact dollar amount you are entitled to, accounting for inflation for future lost earning potential or future medical expenses.
- Noneconomic damages, including:
- pain and suffering
- mental anguish
- physical impairment
- loss of capacity to enjoy life
- loss of consortium
However grave your injuries and however much they have affected your life, Burger Law's Fort Leonard Wood, MO bus accident attorney team will fight relentlessly to ensure that you are awarded full compensation for all of your damages.
Learn more about our various practice areas by clicking the links below:
- Truck Crash Lawyers in Missouri
- Semi-Truck Accident Lawyer in Missouri
- Car Accident Attorney in Missouri
Call Our Fort Leonard Wood, MO Bus Accident Attorney Today
We have seen every kind of bus accident case and know the immense pain and catastrophic effect it can have on your and your loved ones. Your Fort Leonard Wood, MO bus accident attorney at Burger Law is compassionate, accomplished, trustworthy and relentless and will use every bit of the knowledge and skills we have acquired over the past two decades to get you the maximum recovery you are rightfully owed. If you or a loved one has been harmed in a bus accident, do not wait another second. Call Burger Law immediately at (314) 500-HURT or fill out our online form for a free case review.