Bus Accident Attorney in Kennet, MO
Bus Accident Attorney in Kennet, MO. If you or a loved one has been harmed in a destructive bus accident, take control of your recovery by calling Burger Law today at or by contacting us online.
Bus accidents hardly ever get the same attention as plane or train wrecks, even though the can frequently be similarly harmful and deadly. In 2020, there were 964 bus accidents in Missouri that resulted in personal injury or death. We trust Kennet, MO bus drivers and bus companies to keep us safe and obey the rules. When they eschew their duty and break the rules it can have devastating, sometimes lifelong consequences for you or the people you care about. Your Kennet, MO bus accident attorney at Burger Law will make sure that you secure the best possible compensation that you are owed for your injuries.
At Burger Law, our bus accident attorney team has more than 20 years of experience fighting for the rights of the injured in Kennet and throughout Missouri and pushing back against bullies like resistant insurance companies and people who carelessly do not want to take responsibility for their thoughtless behavior. Many Kennet, MO individuals have put their claims and their futures in our accomplished hands, and in total we have recovered for them over $175 million in verdicts and settlements. Our bus accident attorney team uses their hard work, commitment, tenacity, knowledge and experience to help deliver justice in personal injury cases and help Kennet, MO residents become whole again. You should not have to lose work, pay for ridiculous medical bills and also manage the emotional trauma of your injury just because somebody else disregarded the rules. If you or a loved one has been hurt in a Kennet, MO bus accident, reach out to the bus accident attorney of Burger Law today at or contact us online for a free case evaluation. We get started on your case right away, and you do not owe us any fees until we win your case.
If you were injured in a bus accident in Kennet, MO because of another person's thoughtless actions, find out how much your claim may be worth by using our personal injury calculator.
Do I Need a Kennet, MO Bus Accident Attorney?
If you were caused injuries in a bus accident, you are probably feeling especially unshielded. After all, you were not the driver and you got on board the bus supposing that the adequate safety protocols were obeyed. Kennet, MO bus companies and drivers have firm regulations they are supposed to adhere to, but sometimes they fail in those obligations and they leave us to pick up the pieces. Because of the force that is generally caused by bus accidents, injuries can take years to really recover from, may have lifelong consequences or in the worst instances can even lead to wrongful death. The Kennet, MO bus accident attorney at Burger Law will fight on your behalf so you are not required to face an uncertain future alone. When you hire us we begin working on your case right away, and will not let up until you get the best possible compensation you deserve. We have seen every type of bus accident claim and know every trick insurance companies use to try and deceive injured Kennet, MO individuals and families into accepting less money than they entitled to. Those Kennet, MO insurance companies fear us because they know our bus accident attorney team takes on – and wins – the difficult cases. Call us today and let the passionate, accomplished and tenacious bus accident lawyers at Burger Law help you protect your family’s future and help make you whole again.
The legal process is complex and can be difficult to comprehend for Kennet, MO residents who do not have the litigation and trial capabilities of an accomplished bus accident attorney. For over two decades fighting back against bullies and fighting the hard cases. When you hire our Kennet, MO bus accident attorney team, we manage every aspect of your claim. You can expect a seasoned and skilled bus accident attorney at Burger Law to:
- Investigate the crash site the first chance we get. When you call us, we can have a bus accident lawyer on the scene at any time of the day or night in order to acquire important evidence for your case.
- Interview eyewitnesses who were either also sustained injuries in the crash or were close by. As buses carry a lot of passengers, there are generally many passengers who want the same answers and financial recovery you seek. We will conduct official depositions of eyewitnesses to help in your case.
- Obtain further evidence such as tire marks, surveillance footage, police reports, in additional to key details such as how long the driver had driven that day or when the last inspection and maintenance was conducted on the bus. Several different factors give rise to bus accidents, and your Burger Law Kennet, MO bus accident attorney will determine why the crash happened and who needs to be held accountable.
- Work with our network of Kennet, MO crash and medical experts to determine liability for your bus accident injuries and compute exactly how much your damages are worth. You deserve every dime of what you are entitled to and we will utilize our experience and expertise to ensure you recover it.
- Fight back against resistant Kennet, MO insurance companies who care more about their bottom line than your well-being. We have seen every trick in the book that insurance companies use to try and avoid their responsibility to compensate you. When you hire us, you can be sure those tricks will not work in your case.
- Take your case in front of a judge and jury if the insurance company does not offer a fair settlement, we will use our finely honed litigation skills to secure you a great financial recovery for your damages.
Furthermore, our bus accident attorney team will be by your side the whole time. We oversee all communication, documentation and litigation so that you can spend all of your energy on healing and making your family whole again. We collect no attorneys fees until we win your case. If you or a loved one has been injured in a calamitous bus accident, contact an expert and committed bus accident attorney at Burger Law today.
Who is Liable for My Bus Accident Injuries?
Because bus drivers, companies and manufacturers all have a part to play in operating a bus in a safe manner you will first need to learn the cause of the accident before determining who is liable. Thankfully, an accomplished and skilled Kennet, MO bus accident attorney like those at Burger Law have seen every variety of car accident, truck accident and bus accident case and will be able to find out what entity is liable for your injuries.
What Causes Bus Accidents? | Kennet, MO Bus Accident Attorney
- The age of the driver and their experience. A 2012 Journal of Safety Research study found that recently licensed drivers under 25 years old, in addition to more experienced drivers over the age of 55 were more likely to be driving when a bus accident transpired.
- Driver behavior. While the same study stated that just 4 percent of bus accidents were owing to an egregious offense such as driving while intoxicated, another study by the University of Michigan stated that 31 percent of bus drivers in metropolitan area bus collisions had been cited with driving errors, for example, speeding, being fatigued or distracted driving.
- Driver fatigue. A large portion of bus drivers, especially the ones that are employed by commercial bus companies such as Greyhound that require drivers to drive hundreds of miles in the middle of the night, become sleepy and can even fall asleep behind the wheel. While most busing companies have regulations about how many hours a driver can drive during without a break or how frequently they have to take a break, those regulations are frequently <a href="https://www.cnn.com/2016/05/23/us/greyhound-investigation/" target="_blank” rel="nofollow noreferrer noopener title="CNN"not mandatory or obeyed.
- Road hazards. Given buses’ mass and the awkwardness of maneuvering them, slippery roads or Kennet, MO construction areas can be particularly dangerous for bus passengers. Occasionally a third party such as a construction company is liable. Burger Law's bus accident attorney will help you understand if that is the case.
- Negligence by the bus company. Bus companies are regulated, but not close to as much as other transportation industries. A 2011 study by the National Transportation Safety Board found that The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration has only 878 personnel responsible for reviews for more than 765,000 commercial motor vehicles, or a mere 1.15 inspectors per 1,000 motor carriers. This means reviews generally cannot stay ahead of the number of inspections needed. Some Kennet, MO bus companies do not correctly inspect their vehicles, causing them to be dangerous. Additionally, bus companies are obligated to ensure that their drivers are adequately trained and are not overworked.
- Dangerous roads. Unsafe road conditions or hazards in the road can lead to a driver losing control and causing an accident. A Few common examples are:
- Cracked or uneven pavement
- Faulty or missing traffic lights
- Obstacles on the road, such as branches or vehicle wreckage
- Poor lighting
- Excessive grades
The more time the dangerous condition has been on the Kennet, MO road, the better chance you have of holding the negligent parties responsible. The negligent party may be a local Kennet, MO government, or a third party whom the government hired to eliminate the condition but either did not do so in a timely fashion or did not adequately repair it.
Once your experienced Kennet, MO bus accident attorney determines the reasons behind your crash, they will be able to confirm who is liable for your injuries and how to go forward with securing you a full financial recovery. Below are some examples of parties who are frequently found at-fault in bus accident claims.
Commercial Bus Companies
Transportation buses such as Greyhounds are considered common carriers legally speaking, which means they have a duty of care to their passengers to look out for their safety. Part of that duty of care is to make certain that their drivers are not driving too many hours without a break. In despite of saying that safety is their foremost priority, a CNN report in 2016 found that Greyhound is not complying with its own rules regarding driver fatigue. Drivers are technically required to stop every 150 miles and get out to inspect the bus to stave off drowsiness. However, the rule is not enforced and is not often followed as too many breaks could result in financial losses for the company. A 2012 government study stated that 37 percent of all passenger bus crashes were due to driver fatigue. Furthermore, many Greyhound riders have said that their driver was eating during the time of an accident, which is an example of distracted driving.
Making sure that Kennet, MO buses are sufficiently inspected and repaired and that safety equipment such as seatbelts are present and up-to-date are also part of the bus company's obligation. A bus accident may be because of a bus company either neglecting to conduct routine maintenance or failing to repair a broken part or component. Buses with more miles under their wheels are particularly prone to breaking down and bus companies must keep their fleets updated.
Lastly, bus companies cannot use negligent hiring practices. All drivers need to be correctly licensed and trained, and should only be allowed to drive after passing stringent background checks. Your Kennet, MO bus accident attorney at Burger Law will perform a complete investigation into the bus company's hiring practices and the person who was driving when the crash transpired.
A Bus Manufacturer
Like car and other motor vehicle manufacturers, bus manufacturers have an obligation to ensure the safety of their products and immediately issue recalls in the event of a malfunctioning product. If they approve an inherently dangerous design or do not recall a component that they knew or should have known was not functioning properly, they are guilty of product liability. While they may try to place the blame on somebody else, your Kennet, MO bus accident attorney at Burger Law has over 20 years of experience making sure liable parties are held responsible for their behavior.
The Kennet or Missouri Government or a Public Entity
Public transportation accidents can frequently be ruinous because of the number of people involved and because they generally occur in metropolitan areas. While you can file a suit against the Kennet, MO government, there are special procedures for doing so. Missouri has stricter protections for governmental entities and government employees than for the average citizen in personal injury cases. If you seek to file a suit against a municipality or government employee, you must file it within 90 days of the injury with the Office of Administration’s Risk Management Division. That is why it is urgent to get in touch with a Kennet, MO bus accident attorney straight away after your injury. Do not delay, call the trusted Burger Law bus accident injury lawyers now at .
Missouri Revised Statute §537.600 grants sovereign immunity to government entities and employees except against a government employee who was operating a motor vehicle “within the course of their employment.” This means that you can sue or make a claim against an at-fault or careless public bus driver in Missouri.
The Bus Driver
Even a properly licensed and trained bus driver can cause an accident owing to driving mistakes. If they became distracted by eating or texting, did not stop driving when they were feeling drowsy, did not pay attention to the Kennet, MO road conditions and driving laws while they were driving or made the terrible decision to drive drunk, they need to be held accountable just like their employers sometimes have to be. When you get on a bus you trust that driver with your health and your life. If a bus driver does not take that responsibility to heart and causes you injury, you can be confident that the committed and aggressive bus accident attorney at Burger Law will hold them accountable.
The Other Driver
Like any type of motor vehicle wreck, two or more drivers are frequently involved, and in some cases they each may be responsible for a portion of the blame. Another driver’s negligence, such as speeding, driving while intoxicated or pulling in front of the bus too quickly can hurt you. If you were hurt in a bus accident where there was another driver or drivers involved, your skilled and experienced Kennet, MO bus accident attorney will help you ascertain if they are at fault and if you can make a claim against their insurance company.
School bus accidents are the the kind of bus crash we most commonly see in Kennet and Missouri. Nationally, school bus accidents account for 40 percent of all fatal bus wrecks. While often the driver, bus company or bus manufacturer is liable, a school district in Kennet, MO may also be held responsible, for instance if they did not cancel school on a day when weather conditions were particularly dangerous or they did not perform adequate background checks when hiring drivers.
Below are some helpful links and frequently asked questions for bus accident injuries and other types of injuries:
- Do I have to Talk to the Insurance Company Before I Talk to a Lawyer?
- How Much to Expect in an Auto Accident Settlement
- What Happens During Litigation?
- Does My Family Have a Wrongful Death Claim?
- Proving Negligence in a Personal Injury Claim
What Compensation Can A Bus Accident Attorney in Kennet, MO Recover For Me?
The compensation you are awarded in a bus accident case will generally depend on the gravity of your injuries and the repercussions they have on your life. You may have received a sprained wrist that merely required a quick trip to an emergency room in Kennet, MO and a short time off work. Or, you may have experienced a devastating spinal cord injury that leaves you disabled and in need of special equipment for the remainder of your life. When you hire a dedicated and accomplished Kennet, MO bus accident attorney at Burger Law, we will make certain that you are awarded a fair financial recovery for all of the pain and inconvenience your injury has caused and will continue to cause. Missouri Senate Bill 239 defines the damages you can receive as:
- Economic damages, including:
- Medical costs, such as hospital bills, physical therapy, assistive devices and medications
- Lost wages
- Lost earning capacity
We work with our network of medical and economic experts to calculate the exact dollar amount you are entitled to, accounting for inflation for future lost earning potential or future medical expenses.
- Noneconomic damages, including:
- pain and suffering
- mental anguish
- physical impairment
- loss of capacity to enjoy life
- loss of consortium
However severe your injuries and however much they have affected your life, Burger Law's Kennet, MO bus accident attorney team will fight aggressively to ensure that you collect full compensation for all of your damages.
Learn more about our various practice areas by clicking the links below:
- Survival Action Lawyer in Missouri
- Truck Crash Lawyers in Missouri
- Semi-Truck Accident Lawyer in Missouri
Call Our Kennet, MO Bus Accident Attorney Today
We have seen every variety of bus accident case and know the immense anguish and ruinous effect it can have on your and the people you care about. Your Kennet, MO bus accident attorney at Burger Law is compassionate, accomplished, trustworthy and relentless and will use every bit of the knowledge and abilities we have obtained over the past 20 years to win you the the best possible recovery you rightfully deserve. If you or a loved one has been injured in a bus accident, there is no time to wait. Call Burger Law immediately at or fill out our online form for a free case review.