Standing by your side
Bus Accident Attorney in Rogersville, MO
Bus Accident Attorney in Rogersville, MO. If you or a family member has been injured in a catastrophic bus accident, take the first step in your recovery by calling Burger Law today at (314) 500-HURT or by contacting us online.
Bus accidents rarely receive equal attention as plane or train accidents, even though the can oftentimes be just as dangerous and deadly. In 2020, there were 964 bus accidents in Missouri that resulted in personal injury or death. We trust Rogersville, MO bus drivers and bus companies to maintain our safety and follow the rules. When they eschew their responsibilities and disregard the rules it can have devastating, sometimes permanent consequences for you or your loved ones. Your Rogersville, MO bus accident attorney at Burger Law will ensure that you get the best possible compensation that you deserve for your injuries.
At Burger Law, our bus accident attorney team has over two decades of experience fighting for the rights of the injured in Rogersville and throughout Missouri and pushing back against bullies like resistant insurance companies and people who selfishly do not want to be held accountable for their thoughtless behavior. Many Rogersville, MO residents have put their cases and their futures in our knowledgeable hands, and in total we have recovered for them over $175 million in verdicts and settlements. Our bus accident attorney team uses their hard work, devotion, persistence, knowledge and experience to help right wrongs in personal injury cases and help Rogersville, MO residents on their road to recovery. You should not have to lose work, pay for ridiculous medical bills and also manage the emotional toll of your injury just because somebody else broke the rules. If you or a loved one has been hurt in a Rogersville, MO bus accident, reach out to the bus accident attorney of Burger Law today at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online for a free case review. We start working on your case right away, and we do not charge any fees until we win your case.
If you were injured in a bus accident in Rogersville, MO because of somebody else's negligent behavior, discover how much your damages may be worth by filling out our personal injury calculator.
What's The Process to Settle My Personal Injury Claim?
Click to view video
Click to view video
Do I Need a Rogersville, MO Bus Accident Attorney?
If you have sustained injuries in a bus accident, you are probably feeling especially undefended. After all, you were not the one driving and you got on board the bus assuming that the proper safety measures were followed. Rogersville, MO bus companies and drivers have stringent laws they have a duty to follow, but sometimes they fail in those responsibilities and they leave us to pick up the pieces. Because of the force that is frequently caused by bus accidents, injuries can take years to truly heal from, may have lifelong effects or in the most terrible cases can even lead to wrongful death. The Rogersville, MO bus accident attorney at Burger Law will fight on your behalf so you are not required to face an uncertain future alone. When you hire us we start investigating on your case straight away, and will not let up until you win the best possible compensation you are owed. We have experienced with every type of bus accident case and know every trick insurance companies use to try and defraud injured Rogersville, MO individuals and families into settling for less compensation than they entitled to. Those Rogersville, MO insurance companies are afraid of us because they know our bus accident attorney team takes up – and wins – the complicated cases. Call us today and let the empathetic, seasoned and relentless bus accident lawyers at Burger Law help you safeguard your family’s future and help make you whole again.
Legal procedures are complex and can be difficult to comprehend for Rogersville, MO residents who do not have the litigation and trial skills of an accomplished bus accident attorney. For over 20 years fighting back against bullies and fighting the hard cases. When you hire our Rogersville, MO bus accident attorney team, we oversee every facet of your case. You can expect an accomplished and skilled bus accident attorney at Burger Law to:
- Investigate the accident site as soon as possible. When you call us, we can have a bus accident lawyer at the site at any time of the day or night in order to obtain important evidence for your claim.
- Interview eyewitnesses who were either also involved in the crash or were close by. As buses carry a variety of passengers, there are generally other passengers who want the same answers and financial recovery you need. Eyewitness testimony is a important part of winning your case.
- Acquire additional evidence such as tire marks, surveillance footage, police reports, as well as key details such as how many miles the driver had driven without taking a break or when the last inspection and repairs were done on the bus. Several different factors give rise to bus accidents, and your Burger Law Rogersville, MO bus accident attorney will discover the "whys" of the accident and who needs to be held liable.
- Utilize our network of Rogersville, MO auto wreck and medical experts to determine negligence for your bus accident injuries and compute exactly how much your damages are worth. You deserve every dime of what you are owed and we will implement our experience and expertise to make sure you recover it.
- Stand up to resistant Rogersville, MO insurance companies who are more concerned for their bottom line than your health. We have seen every trick in the book that insurance companies use to try and devalue your damages. When you hire us, you can be sure those ploys will not work in your case.
- Take the fight in front of a judge and jury if the insurance company refuses to offer a fair settlement, we will use our constantly trained litigation skills to win you a great financial recovery for your injuries.
Furthermore, our bus accident attorney team will be in your corner entire time. We oversee all communication, documentation and litigation so that you can spend all of your energy on healing and making your family whole again. We collect no attorneys fees until you are fairly compensated. If you or a loved one has been harmed in a ruinous bus accident, contact an expert and committed bus accident attorney at Burger Law today.
Who is Liable for My Bus Accident Injuries?
Since it takes so many people to operate a bus safely, from manufacturers, to bus companies to drivers, you will first need to discover the cause of the accident before determining who caused your injuries. Fortunately, an accomplished and skilled Rogersville, MO bus accident attorney like those at Burger Law have seen every type of car accident, truck accident and bus accident case and will be able to discover who is liable for your injuries.
What Causes Bus Accidents? | Rogersville, MO Bus Accident Attorney
- The age of the driver and their experience. A 2012 Journal of Safety Research study found that recently licensed drivers under 25 years old, as well as more experienced drivers over 55 years old were more likely to be driving when a bus accident took place.
- Driver behavior. While the same study reported that only 4 percent of bus accidents were because of a severe offense such as the driver being intoxicated, a different study by the University of Michigan reported that 31 percent of bus drivers in metropolitan area bus accidents had been cited with driving errors, for instance, speeding, being sleepy or distracted driving.
- Driver fatigue. A good deal of bus drivers, especially the ones that work for commercial bus companies such as Greyhound that require drivers to drive hundreds of miles in the middle of the night, become sleepy and can even fall asleep at the wheel. While most busing companies have rules about how many hours a driver can drive during without a break or how often they have to take a break, those rules are frequently <a href="https://www.cnn.com/2016/05/23/us/greyhound-investigation/" target="_blank” rel="nofollow noreferrer noopener title="CNN"not obligated or followed.
- Road hazards. Given buses’ mass and the difficulty of maneuvering them, slick roads or Rogersville, MO construction areas can be particularly dangerous for bus riders. Occasionally a third party such as a construction company will be at fault. Burger Law's bus accident attorney will help you determine if that is true in your case.
- Negligence by the bus company. Bus companies are regulated, but much less than other transportation industries. A 2011 study by the National Transportation Safety Board found that The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration has only 878 people responsible for reviews for more than 765,000 commercial motor vehicles, or a mere 1.15 inspectors per 1,000 motor carriers. This means reviews typically cannot keep pace with the quantity of inspections required. Some Rogersville, MO bus companies do not correctly maintain their vehicles, causing them to be a hazard. Furthermore, bus companies are obligated to ensure that their drivers are adequately trained and do not drive too many hours without a break.
- Dangerous roads. Faults in the road and road conditions can cause a driver to lose control and crash. A Few common examples are:
- Cracked or uneven pavement
- Malfunctioning or missing traffic signals
- Obstacles on the road, such as branches or vehicle wreckage
- Inadequate lighting
- Excessive grades
The more time the dangerous condition has been on the Rogersville, MO road, the better your chances of holding the liable parties accountable. The negligent party may be a local Rogersville, MO government, or a third party whom the government hired to repair the problem but either did not do so soon enough or did not correctly repair it.
Once your skilled Rogersville, MO bus accident attorney establishes the reasons behind your accident, they will be able to determine who is at-fault for your injuries and how to take the next steps toward securing you a full financial recovery. Below are some examples of parties who are typically found negligent in bus accident claims.
Commercial Bus Companies
Transport buses such as Greyhounds are deemed common carriers under the law, which means they have a duty of care to their riders to look out for their safety. One facet of that duty of care is to ensure that their drivers are not being overworked. Despite saying that safety is their top priority, a CNN report in 2016 found that Greyhound is not obeying its own rules when it comes to driver fatigue. Drivers are theoretically obliged to stop every 150 miles and get out to inspect the bus to hold off fatigue. However, the rule is not enforced and is usually not obeyed as too many breaks could result in financial losses for the company. A 2012 government study reported that 37 percent of all passenger bus crashes were due to driver fatigue. Additionally, many Greyhound passengers have reported that their driver was eating when the crash happened, which constitutes distracted driving.
Ensuring that Rogersville, MO buses are properly inspected and repaired and that they have safety equipment such as seatbelts are also part of the bus company's responsibility. A bus accident could be because of a bus company either failing to carry out routine inspections or neglecting to repair a broken part or component. Buses with more miles under their wheels are particularly at risk of breaking down and bus companies must keep their fleets updated.
Finally, bus companies need to be diligent in their hiring practices. All drivers need to be adequately licensed and trained, and should only be able to drive after passing stringent background checks. Your Rogersville, MO bus accident attorney at Burger Law will carry out a full investigation into the bus company's hiring practices and the person who was driving when the wreck happened.
A Bus Manufacturer
Like car and other motor vehicle manufacturers, bus manufacturers have a duty to confirm the safety of their products and swiftly announce recalls in the event of a malfunctioning product. If they approve an inherently faulty design or do not recall a component that they knew or should have known was not functioning properly, they are guilty of product liability. While they might try to shift the blame to somebody else, your Rogersville, MO bus accident attorney at Burger Law has over two decades of experience making sure at-fault parties are held accountable for their actions.
The Rogersville or Missouri Government or a Public Entity
Public transportation accidents can often be calamitous because of the amount of people who could be injured and because they generally take place in densely populated areas. While you can seek a financial recovery from the Rogersville, MO government, there are specific procedures for doing so. Missouri has stricter protections for governmental bodies and government employees than for the average citizen in injury liability cases. If you seek to file a suit against a municipality or government employee, you must file it within 90 days of the injury with the Office of Administration’s Risk Management Division. That is why it is imperative to call a Rogersville, MO bus accident attorney at once after your injury. There is no time to wait, call the trusted Burger Law bus accident injury lawyers now at (314) 500-HURT.
Missouri Revised Statute §537.600 grants sovereign immunity to government entities and employees except against a government employee who was operating a motor vehicle “within the course of their employment.” This means that you can sue or make a claim against a liable or careless public bus driver in Missouri.
The Bus Driver
Even a properly licensed and trained bus driver can cause an accident due to negligence. If they became distracted by looking at the roadside or texting, did not stop the bus when they were feeling fatigued, did not pay attention to the Rogersville, MO road conditions and driving laws while they were driving or made the terrible decision to drive drunk, they need to be held responsible just like their employers sometimes have to be. When you go on board a bus you trust that driver with your health and your life. If a bus driver does not take that responsibility to heart and causes you injury, you can be sure that the devoted and tenacious bus accident attorney at Burger Law will hold them responsible.
The Other Driver
Like any type of auto accident, two or more drivers are often involved, and in some instances they each may share a percentage of the blame. Another driver’s negligence, such as speeding, driving while intoxicated or pulling in front of the bus too quickly can hurt you. If you were hurt in a bus wreck where there was another driver or drivers involved, your skilled and experienced Rogersville, MO bus accident attorney will help you determine if they are liable and if you should make a claim against their insurance company.
School bus accidents are the the category of bus crash we most typically see in Rogersville and Missouri. Nationally, school bus accidents account for 40 percent of all fatal bus wrecks. While often the driver, bus company or bus manufacturer is at fault, a school district in Rogersville, MO may also be held accountable, for example if they did not cancel school on a day when road conditions were especially poor or they did not conduct sufficient background checks when hiring drivers.
Below are some helpful links and frequently asked questions for bus accident injuries and other types of injuries:
- Do I have to Talk to the Insurance Company Before I Talk to a Lawyer?
- How Much to Expect in an Auto Accident Settlement
- What Happens During Litigation?
- Does My Family Have a Wrongful Death Claim?
- Proving Negligence in a Personal Injury Claim
What Compensation Can A Bus Accident Attorney in Rogersville, MO Recover For Me?
The compensation you receive in a bus accident case will generally be based on the seriousness of your injuries and how they have impacted and will impact they have on your life. You may have sustained a sprained ankle that only needed a quick trip to an emergency room in Rogersville, MO and a short time off work. Or, you may have sustained a catastrophic spinal cord injury that leaves you disabled and in need of assistive devices for the rest of your life. When you hire a dedicated and accomplished Rogersville, MO bus accident attorney at Burger Law, we will ensure that you are awarded a maximum financial recovery for all of the pain and inconvenience your injury has caused and will continue to cause. Missouri Senate Bill 239 defines the damages you can receive as:
- Economic damages, including:
- Medical costs, such as hospital bills, rehabilitation, assistive devices and medications
- Lost wages
- Lost earning potential
We work alongside our team of medical and economic experts to determine the exact dollar amount you are entitled to, accounting for inflation for future lost earning potential or future medical expenses.
- Noneconomic damages, including:
- pain and suffering
- mental anguish
- physical impairment
- loss of capacity to enjoy life
- loss of consortium
However severe your injuries and however much they have impacted your life, Burger Law's Rogersville, MO bus accident attorney team will fight relentlessly to ensure that you get the best possible compensation for all of your damages.
Learn more about our various practice areas by clicking the links below:
- Truck Crash Lawyers in Missouri
- Semi-Truck Accident Lawyer in Missouri
- Car Accident Attorney in Missouri
Call Our Rogersville, MO Bus Accident Attorney Today
We have seen every category of bus accident case and know the tremendous pain and calamitous effect it can have on your and your loved ones. Your Rogersville, MO bus accident attorney at Burger Law is empathetic, accomplished, honest and persistent and will use every bit of the knowledge and skills we have gained over the past two decades to win you the the best possible recovery you are rightfully owed. If you or a loved one has been harmed in a bus accident, do not wait another second. Call Burger Law immediately at (314) 500-HURT or fill out our online form for a free consultation.