Bus Accident Attorney in St. Robert, MO
Bus Accident Attorney in St. Robert, MO. If you or someone you care about has been injured in a devastating bus accident, take control of your recovery by calling Burger Law today at or by contacting us online.
Bus accidents rarely get the same attention as plane or train accidents, even though the can oftentimes be equally as harmful and fatal. In 2020, there were 964 bus accidents in Missouri that resulted in personal injury or death. We trust St. Robert, MO bus drivers and bus companies to maintain our safety and obey the rules. When they eschew their duty and do not respect the rules it can have devastating, sometimes permanent outcomes for you or the people you care about. Your St. Robert, MO bus accident attorney at Burger Law will ensure that you win the full compensation that you are entitled to for your injuries.
At Burger Law, our bus accident attorney team has over two decades of experience fighting for the rights of the injured in St. Robert and throughout Missouri and standing up to bullies like resistant insurance companies and people who egocentrically do not want to take responsibility for their careless behavior. Many St. Robert, MO individuals have put their claims and their futures in our trustworthy hands, and in total we have gotten them over $175 million in verdicts and settlements. Our bus accident attorney team uses their hard work, devotion, tenacity, knowledge and experience to help find justice in personal injury cases and help St. Robert, MO residents on their road to recovery. You should not have to lose wages, pay for extortionate medical costs and also handle the emotional shock of your injury only because someone else broke the rules. If you or a loved one has been injured in a St. Robert, MO bus accident, reach out to the bus accident attorney of Burger Law today at or contact us online for a free consultation. We get started on your case at once, and we do not charge any fees until we win you the financial recovery you deserve.
If you were injured in a bus accident in St. Robert, MO because of another person's careless behavior, find out how much your claim may be worth by using our personal injury calculator.
Do I Need a St. Robert, MO Bus Accident Attorney?
If you have experienced injuries in a bus accident, you are likely feeling especially undefended. After all, you were not the driver and you got on board the bus under the assumption that the correct safety arrangements were followed. St. Robert, MO bus companies and drivers have stringent rules they are supposed to follow, but sometimes they neglect those duties and they leave us to pick up the pieces. Because of the force that is frequently caused by bus accidents, injuries can take years to fully heal from, may have permanent consequences or in the most terrible instances can even cause wrongful death. The St. Robert, MO bus accident attorney at Burger Law will fight by your side so you do not need to go it alone. When you hire us we begin working on your case straight away, and work tirelessly until you get the maximum compensation you are owed. We have experienced with every type of bus accident injury and know every trick insurance companies use to try and defraud injured St. Robert, MO individuals and families into settling for a lower recovery than they entitled to. Those St. Robert, MO insurance companies are afraid of us because they know our bus accident attorney team takes up – and wins – the difficult cases. Call us today and let the compassionate, experienced and relentless bus accident lawyers at Burger Law help you protect your family’s future and help make you whole again.
Legal proceedings are complicated and can be difficult to comprehend for St. Robert, MO residents who do not have the litigation and trial skills of an accomplished bus accident attorney. For over 20 years fighting back against bullies and fighting the hard fight. When you hire our St. Robert, MO bus accident attorney team, we handle every aspect of your claim. You can expect a veteran and talented bus accident attorney at Burger Law to:
- Investigate the crash site the first chance we get. When you call us, we can have a bus accident lawyer at the site at any time during the day or night in order to acquire essential evidence for your claim.
- Interview eyewitnesses who were either also involved in the crash or were nearby. As buses carry multiple passengers, there are usually other passengers who want the same answers and compensation you need. We will conduct official depositions of eyewitnesses to help in your case.
- Acquire additional evidence such as tire marks, security footage, police reports, as well as key details such as how long the driver had driven that day or when the last inspection and repairs were conducted on the bus. A lot of different factors give rise to bus accidents, and your Burger Law St. Robert, MO bus accident attorney will discover why the crash happened and who needs to be held liable.
- Work alongside our network of St. Robert, MO auto wreck and medical experts to determine liability for your bus accident injuries and compute precisely how much your damages are worth. You deserve every dime of what you are entitled to and we will implement our experience and expertise to make sure you recover it.
- Stand up to resistant St. Robert, MO insurance companies who care more about their bottom line than your health. We have seen every trick in the book that insurance companies use to try and devalue your injuries. When you hire us, you can be sure those tricks will not work in your case.
- Take the fight to trial if the insurance company does not offer a fair settlement, we will use our constantly trained litigation skills to secure you a great financial recovery for your injuries.
Beyond that, our bus accident attorney team will be keeping you informed whole time. We take control of all communication, documentation and litigation so that you can spend all of your energy on healing and making your family whole again. You owe us no attorneys fees until we win your case. If you or a loved one has been injured in a devastating bus accident, contact an expert and dedicated bus accident attorney at Burger Law today.
Who is Liable for My Bus Accident Injuries?
Since it necessitates so many people to run a bus safely, from manufacturers, to bus companies to drivers, you will first need to discover the cause of the accident before determining who is liable. Thankfully, an accomplished and skilled St. Robert, MO bus accident attorney like those at Burger Law have seen every type of car accident, truck accident and bus accident case and will be able to find out who is liable for your injuries.
What Causes Bus Accidents? | St. Robert, MO Bus Accident Attorney
- Driver age and experience. A 2012 Journal of Safety Research study found that beginner drivers under the age of 25, as well as more experienced drivers over 55 years old were more likely to be driving when a bus accident transpired.
- Driver behavior. While the same study reported that just 4 percent of bus accidents were due to a grave offense such as the driver being intoxicated, another study by the University of Michigan found that 31 percent of bus drivers in metropolitan area bus crashes had committed driving errors, such as speeding, being drowsy or distracted driving.
- Driver fatigue. A good deal of bus drivers, especially those that are employed by commercial bus companies such as Greyhound that necessitate drivers to drive hundreds of miles at all hours of the day or night, become drowsy and can even fall asleep at the wheel. While most busing companies have specifications about how many hours a driver can drive during a day or how frequently they have to take a break, those rules are often <a href="https://www.cnn.com/2016/05/23/us/greyhound-investigation/" target="_blank” rel="nofollow noreferrer noopener title="CNN"not mandatory or followed.
- Road hazards. Given buses’ mass and the awkwardness of steering them, slippery roads or St. Robert, MO construction areas can be particularly hazardous for bus commuters. Occasionally a third party such as a construction company will be negligent. Burger Law's bus accident attorney will help you determine if that applies case.
- Negligence by the bus company. Bus companies are regulated, but not nearly as much as other transportation industries. A 2011 study by the National Transportation Safety Board found that The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration has only 878 people responsible for reviews for more than 765,000 commercial motor vehicles, or just 1.15 inspectors per 1,000 motor carriers. This means reviews typically cannot stay ahead of the quantity of inspections required. Some St. Robert, MO bus companies do not properly inspect their vehicles, causing them to be a hazard. Furthermore, bus companies are obligated to make certain that their drivers are properly trained and are not overworked.
- Dangerous roads. Hazards in the road and road conditions can cause a driver to lose control and crash. A Few typical examples are:
- Cracked or uneven pavement
- Defective or missing traffic lights
- Obstacles on the road, for example branches or vehicle wreckage
- Inadequate lighting
- Excessive grades
The longer the hazardous condition has been on the St. Robert, MO road, the better chance you have of holding the negligent parties responsible. The negligent party may be a local St. Robert, MO government, or a third party whom the government hired to fix the issue but either did not do so soon enough or did not correctly repair it.
Once your knowledgeable St. Robert, MO bus accident attorney determines the cause of your accident, they will be able to determine who is responsible for your injuries and how to go forward with winning you the best possible financial recovery. Below are some examples of parties who are often found negligent in bus accident cases.
Commercial Bus Lines
Transport buses such as Greyhounds are deemed common carriers legally speaking, which means they have a duty of care to their patrons to maintain their safety. One aspect of that duty of care is to make certain that their drivers are not driving too many miles without a break. Despite insisting that safety is their utmost priority, a CNN report in 2016 found that Greyhound is not obeying its own rules concerning driver fatigue. Drivers are technically required to stop every 150 miles and get out to inspect the bus to prevent sleepiness. However, the rule is not enforced and is rarely followed as too many breaks could lead to financial losses for the company. A 2012 government study found that 37 percent of all passenger bus crashes were caused by driver fatigue. Furthermore, many Greyhound riders have reported that their driver was eating during the time of a crash, which constitutes distracted driving.
Making certain that St. Robert, MO buses are properly inspected and maintained and that they have safety equipment such as seatbelts are also part of the bus company's obligation. A bus accident might be because of a bus company either neglecting to conduct routine maintenance or neglecting to fix a broken part or component. Older buses are particularly vulnerable to breaking down and bus companies must keep their fleets updated.
Lastly, bus companies cannot use negligent hiring practices. All drivers need to be adequately licensed and trained, and should only be permitted to drive after passing strict background checks. Your St. Robert, MO bus accident attorney at Burger Law will perform a full investigation into the bus company's hiring practices and the person who was driving when the wreck occurred.
A Bus Manufacturer
Like car and other motor vehicle manufacturers, bus manufacturers have a duty to verify the safety of their vehicles and immediately announce recalls if a product is discovered to be defective. If they approve an inherently flawed design or do not recall a component that they knew or should have known was not functioning correctly, they are guilty of product liability. While they may attempt to shift the blame to somebody else, your St. Robert, MO bus accident attorney at Burger Law has over 20 years of experience making sure careless parties are held responsible for their behavior.
The St. Robert or Missouri Government or a Public Entity
Public transportation accidents can frequently be catastrophic because of the number of people involved and because they typically transpire in metropolitan areas. While you can file a suit against the St. Robert, MO government, there are special procedures for doing so. Missouri has stricter protections for governmental entities and government employees than for the average citizen in tort claims. If you seek to file a suit against a municipality or government employee, you must file it within 90 days of the accident with the Office of Administration’s Risk Management Division. That is why it is imperative to call a St. Robert, MO bus accident attorney immediately after your accident. There is no time to wait, call the trusted Burger Law bus accident injury lawyers now at .
Missouri Revised Statute §537.600 grants sovereign immunity to government entities and employees except against a government employee who was driving a motor vehicle “within the course of their employment.” This means that you can sue or make a claim against an at-fault or reckless public bus driver in Missouri.
The Bus Driver
Even a properly licensed and trained bus driver can cause a crash because of recklessness. If they became distracted by looking at the roadside or texting, did not stop the bus when they were feeling overly tired, did not pay attention to the St. Robert, MO road conditions and driving laws while they were driving or made the horrible decision to drive drunk, they need to be held accountable just like bus companies sometimes have to be. When you ascend a bus you trust that driver with your safety and your life. If a bus driver does not take that obligation to heart and causes you injury, you can be sure that the committed and aggressive bus accident attorney at Burger Law will hold them accountable.
The Other Driver
Like any type of auto collision, there are frequently two or more drivers, and in some instances they each may shoulder a portion of the blame. Another driver’s recklessness, such as speeding, driving while intoxicated or pulling in front of the bus too quickly can harm you. If you were injured in a bus crash where there was another driver or drivers involved, your skilled and veteran St. Robert, MO bus accident attorney will help you ascertain if they are responsible and if you can make a claim against their insurance company.
School bus accidents are the most common type of bus crash in St. Robert and Missouri. Nationally, school bus accidents account for 40 percent of all fatal bus wrecks. While often the driver, bus company or bus manufacturer is responsible, a school district in St. Robert, MO may also be held accountable, for instance if they did not cancel school on a day when weather conditions were especially bad or they did not conduct proper background checks when hiring drivers.
Below are some helpful links and frequently asked questions for bus accident injuries and other types of injuries:
- Do I have to Talk to the Insurance Company Before I Talk to a Lawyer?
- How Much to Expect in an Auto Accident Settlement
- What Happens During Litigation?
- Does My Family Have a Wrongful Death Claim?
- Proving Negligence in a Personal Injury Claim
What Compensation Can A Bus Accident Attorney in St. Robert, MO Recover For Me?
The compensation you collect in a bus accident case will usually be based on the gravity of your injuries and how they have impacted and will affect they have on your life. You may have gotten a sprained ankle that only required a quick trip to an emergency room in St. Robert, MO and a couple weeks off work. Or, you may have sustained a disastrous spinal cord injury that leaves you disabled and in need of assistive devices for the remainder of your life. When you hire a dedicated and accomplished St. Robert, MO bus accident attorney at Burger Law, we will make sure that you collect a fair financial recovery for all of the pain and inconvenience your injury has caused and will continue to cause. Missouri Senate Bill 239 defines the damages you can receive as:
- Economic damages, including:
- Medical expenses, such as hospital bills, rehabilitation, assistive devices and medications
- Lost wages
- Lost earning potential
We use our network of medical and economic experts to quantify the exact dollar amount you are entitled to, accounting for inflation for future lost earning potential or future medical expenses.
- Noneconomic damages, including:
- pain and suffering
- mental anguish
- physical impairment
- loss of capacity to enjoy life
- loss of consortium
However serious your injuries and however much they have affected your life, Burger Law's St. Robert, MO bus accident attorney team will fight tirelessly to ensure that you collect the best possible compensation for all of your damages.
Learn more about our various practice areas by clicking the links below:
Call Our St. Robert, MO Bus Accident Attorney Today
We have seen every kind of bus accident case and know the immense pain and calamitous effect it can have on your and your loved ones. Your St. Robert, MO bus accident attorney at Burger Law is empathetic, accomplished, straightforward and relentless and will use every bit of the knowledge and skills we have obtained over the past two decades to win you the the best possible recovery you are rightfully owed. If you or a loved one has been hurt in a bus accident, do not delay. Call Burger Law immediately at or fill out our online form for a complimentary consultation.