Standing by your side
Bus Accident Attorney in Webster Groves, MO
Bus Accident Attorney in Webster Groves, MO. If you or a family member has been injured in a catastrophic bus accident, take the first step in your recovery by calling Burger Law today at (314) 500-HURT or by contacting us online.
Bus accidents rarely ever receive the same attention as plane or train accidents, even though the can frequently be just as hazardous and deadly. In 2020, there were 964 bus accidents in Missouri that resulted in personal injury or death. We trust Webster Groves, MO bus drivers and bus companies to maintain our safety and respect the rules. When they eschew their obligations and break the rules it can have devastating, sometimes permanent outcomes for you or the people you care about. Your Webster Groves, MO bus accident attorney at Burger Law will ensure that you get the full compensation that you are entitled to for your damages.
At Burger Law, our bus accident attorney team has over 20 years of experience fighting for the rights of the injured in Webster Groves and throughout Missouri and fighting back against bullies like dishonest insurance companies and people who egocentrically do not want to be held responsible for their reckless behavior. Many Webster Groves, MO families have put their cases and their futures in our accomplished hands, and in total we have recovered for them over $175 million in verdicts and settlements. Our bus accident attorney team uses their determination, dedication, persistence, knowledge and experience to help find justice in personal injury cases and help Webster Groves, MO residents become whole again. You should not have to lose work, pay for expensive medical costs and also handle the emotional toll of your injury only because another person did not respect the rules. If you or someone you care about has been hurt in a Webster Groves, MO bus accident, reach out to the bus accident attorney of Burger Law today at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online for a complimentary consultation. We begin working on your case immediately, and you do not owe us any fees until we win your case.
If you were injured in a bus accident in Webster Groves, MO because of another person's reckless actions, find out how much your claim may be worth by filling out our personal injury calculator.
What's The Process to Settle My Personal Injury Claim?
Click to view video
Click to view video
Do I Need a Webster Groves, MO Bus Accident Attorney?
If you were caused injuries in a bus accident, we know you are feeling especially unshielded. After all, you were not the driver and you got on the bus under the impression that that the adequate safety arrangements were obeyed. Webster Groves, MO bus companies and drivers have strict rules they have a responsibility to respect, but sometimes they fail in those obligations and they leave us to pick up the pieces. Because of the force that is often exerted by bus accidents, injuries can take years to really heal from, may have permanent effects or in the most terrible cases can even lead to wrongful death. The Webster Groves, MO bus accident attorney at Burger Law will fight by your side so you are not required to go it alone. When you hire us we begin working on your case straight away, and will not let up until you are awarded the best possible compensation you deserve. We have experienced with every type of bus accident claim and know every trick insurance companies use to try and deceive injured Webster Groves, MO individuals and families into settling for less compensation than they deserve. Those Webster Groves, MO insurance companies fear us because they know our bus accident attorney team takes up – and wins – the hard cases. Call us today and let the compassionate, veteran and tenacious bus accident lawyers at Burger Law help you protect your family’s future and help make you whole again.
Legal proceedings are convoluted and can be difficult to comprehend for Webster Groves, MO residents who do not have the litigation and trial experience of an accomplished bus accident attorney. For over 20 years fighting back against bullies and fighting the hard cases. When you hire our Webster Groves, MO bus accident attorney team, we manage every detail of your claim. You can anticipate a seasoned and skilled bus accident attorney at Burger Law to:
- Investigate the accident site the first chance we get. When you call us, we can have a bus accident lawyer on the scene at any time during the day or night in order to secure important evidence for your claim.
- Interview eyewitnesses who were either also involved in the crash or were close by. As buses carry a variety of passengers, there are often many people who want the same answers and compensation you do. We will take official depositions of eyewitnesses to help in your case.
- Collect further evidence such as tire marks, surveillance videos, police reports, and important details such as how far the driver had driven without taking a break or when the last inspection and maintenance was conducted on the bus. A lot of different factors play a part in bus accidents, and your Burger Law Webster Groves, MO bus accident attorney will discover why the crash happened and who needs to be held responsible.
- Work alongside our network of Webster Groves, MO accident and medical experts to determine negligence for your bus accident injuries and work out exactly how much your damages are worth. You deserve every dime of what you are owed and we will implement our know-how and expertise to ensure you receive it.
- Fight back against resistant Webster Groves, MO insurance companies who care more about their profits than your health. We have seen every trick in the book that insurance companies use to try and devalue your claim. When you hire us, you can be sure those deceptive maneuvers will not work in your case.
- Take your case to trial if the insurance company will not offer a fair settlement, we will use our constantly trained litigation skills to secure you a full financial recovery for your damages.
Additionally, our bus accident attorney team will be by your side the whole time. We handle all communication, documentation and litigation so that you can focus all of your energy on healing and making your family whole again. We collect no attorneys fees until you are fairly compensated. If you or someone you care about has been injured in a disastrous bus accident, contact an expert and devoted bus accident attorney at Burger Law today.
Who is Liable for My Bus Accident Injuries?
Since bus drivers, companies and manufacturers all have a part to play in operating a bus in a safe manner you will first need to discover the cause of the accident before determining who caused your injuries. Thankfully, an accomplished and skilled Webster Groves, MO bus accident attorney like those at Burger Law have seen every type of car accident, truck accident and bus accident case and will be able to find out what entity needs to be held liable for your injuries.
What Causes Bus Accidents? | Webster Groves, MO Bus Accident Attorney
- Driver age and experience. A 2012 Journal of Safety Research study found that recently licensed drivers under 25 years old, as well as more experienced drivers over the age of 55 were more likely to be driving when a bus accident transpired.
- Driver behavior. While the same study found that a mere 4 percent of bus accidents were caused by a severe offense such as driving while intoxicated, a different study by the University of Michigan stated that 31 percent of bus drivers in metropolitan area bus collisions had committed driving errors, for instance, speeding, being drowsy or distracted driving.
- Driver fatigue. Many bus drivers, especially those that are employed by commercial bus companies such as Greyhound that necessitate drivers to drive hundreds of miles in the middle of the night, become fatigued and can even fall asleep at the wheel. While most busing companies have specifications about how many hours a driver can drive during without a break or how often they have to take a break, those rules are often <a href="https://www.cnn.com/2016/05/23/us/greyhound-investigation/" target="_blank” rel="nofollow noreferrer noopener title="CNN"not enforced or complied with.
- Road conditions. Given buses’ weight and the intricacy of steering them, slick roads or Webster Groves, MO construction areas can be particularly risky for bus commuters. Sometimes a third party such as a construction company will be negligent. Burger Law's bus accident attorney will help you determine if that applies case.
- Negligence by the bus company. Bus companies are regulated, but not close to as much as other transportation industries. A 2011 study by the National Transportation Safety Board found that The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration has only 878 people responsible for reviews for over 765,000 motor carriers, or just 1.15 inspectors per 1,000 motor carriers. This means inspectors frequently cannot stay ahead of the quantity of inspections needed. Some Webster Groves, MO bus companies do not properly inspect their vehicles, causing them to be a hazard. Furthermore, bus companies need to make sure that their drivers are correctly trained and are not overworked.
- Dangerous roads. Hazards in the road and road conditions can cause a driver to lose control and crash. A Few typical examples are:
- Cracked or uneven pavement
- Faulty or missing traffic lights
- Obstacles on the road, for instance branches or vehicle wreckage
- Inadequate lighting
- Excessive grades
The longer the hazardous condition has been on the Webster Groves, MO street, the better your chances of holding the liable parties responsible. The liable party may be a local Webster Groves, MO government, or a third party whom the government contracted to eliminate the issue but either did not do so quickly enough or did not properly repair it.
Once your talented Webster Groves, MO bus accident attorney deduces the reasons behind your accident, they will be able to determine who is responsible for your injuries and how to proceed with winning you a maximum financial recovery. Below are some examples of parties who are typically found at-fault in bus accident cases.
Commercial Bus Companies
Transportation buses such as Greyhounds are regarded as common carriers legally speaking, which means they have a duty of care to their passengers to maintain their safety. One facet of that duty of care is to make certain that their drivers are not driving too many hours in a day. In despite of saying that safety is their foremost priority, a CNN report in 2016 found that Greyhound is not obeying its own rules in regards to driver fatigue. Drivers are technically obliged to stop every 150 miles and get out to inspect the vehicle to stave off sleepiness. However, the rule is not enforced and is rarely followed as too many breaks could lead to financial losses for the company. A 2012 government study stated that 37 percent of all passenger bus crashes were caused by driver fatigue. Furthermore, many Greyhound customers have said that their driver was eating during the time of an accident, which constitutes distracted driving.
Ensuring that Webster Groves, MO buses are sufficiently inspected and maintained and that they have safety equipment such as seatbelts are also the responsibility of the bus company. A bus accident may be a consequence of a bus company either failing to perform routine maintenance or neglecting to fix a broken part or component. Buses with more miles under their wheels are especially susceptible to breaking down and bus companies need to keep their fleets updated.
Finally, bus companies cannot use negligent hiring practices. All drivers need to be correctly licensed and trained, and should only be permitted to drive after passing strict background checks. Your Webster Groves, MO bus accident attorney at Burger Law will perform a complete investigation into the bus company's hiring practices and the person who was driving when the crash occurred.
A Bus Manufacturer
Like car and other motor vehicle manufacturers, bus manufacturers have a responsibility to certify the safety of their products and swiftly issue recalls in the event of a malfunctioning product. If they approve an inherently faulty design or do not recall a component that they knew or should have known was not functioning correctly, they are guilty of product liability. While they might attempt to place the blame on somebody else, your Webster Groves, MO bus accident attorney at Burger Law has over two decades of experience making sure careless parties are held responsible for their behavior.
The Webster Groves or Missouri Government or a Public Entity
Public transportation accidents can frequently be disastrous because of the amount of people involved and because they often transpire in densely populated areas. While you can make a claim against the Webster Groves, MO government, there are special procedures for doing so. Missouri has stricter protections for governmental bodies and government employees than for the average citizen in personal injury suits. If you want to make a claim against a municipality or government employee, you must file it within 90 days of the injury with the Office of Administration’s Risk Management Division. That is why it is vital to reach out to a Webster Groves, MO bus accident attorney at once after your injury. There is no time to wait, call the trusted Burger Law bus accident injury lawyers now at (314) 500-HURT.
Missouri Revised Statute §537.600 grants sovereign immunity to government entities and employees except against a government employee who was driving a motor vehicle “within the course of their employment.” This means that you can sue or make a claim against a liable or thoughtless public bus driver in Missouri.
The Bus Driver
Even a properly licensed and trained bus driver can cause a wreck due to recklessness. If they became distracted by eating or talking, did not pull over when they were feeling overly tired, did not pay attention to the Webster Groves, MO road conditions and driving laws while they were driving or made the dangerous decision to drive drunk, they need to be held responsible just like their employers sometimes have to be. When you go on board a bus you trust that driver with your well-being and your life. If a bus driver does not take that duty to heart and causes you injury, you can be sure that the devoted and relentless bus accident attorney at Burger Law will make them pay.
The Other Driver
Like any type of motor vehicle wreck, there are often two or more drivers, and in some instances they each may be responsible for a portion of the blame. Another driver’s negligence, such as speeding, driving while intoxicated or pulling in front of the bus too quickly can hurt you. If you were hurt in a bus accident where there was another driver or drivers involved, your talented and seasoned Webster Groves, MO bus accident attorney will help you ascertain if they are responsible and if you should make a claim against their insurance company.
School bus accidents are the most common type of bus crash in Webster Groves and Missouri. Nationally, school bus accidents account for 40 percent of all fatal bus crashes. While often the driver, bus company or bus manufacturer is liable, a school district in Webster Groves, MO may also be held accountable, for instance if they did not cancel school on a day when road conditions were especially poor or they did not carry out adequate background checks when hiring drivers.
Below are some helpful links and frequently asked questions for bus accident injuries and other types of injuries:
- Do I have to Talk to the Insurance Company Before I Talk to a Lawyer?
- How Much to Expect in an Auto Accident Settlement
- What Happens During Litigation?
- Does My Family Have a Wrongful Death Claim?
- Proving Negligence in a Personal Injury Claim
What Compensation Can A Bus Accident Attorney in Webster Groves, MO Recover For Me?
The compensation you are awarded in a bus accident case will usually depend on the seriousness of your injuries and the consequences they have on your life. You may have sustained a mild concussion that only required a quick trip to an emergency room in Webster Groves, MO and a week or two off work. Or, you may have sustained a disastrous spinal cord injury that leaves you disabled and in need of assistive devices for the rest of your life. When you hire a dedicated and accomplished Webster Groves, MO bus accident attorney at Burger Law, we will ensure that you secure a maximum financial recovery for all of the pain and inconvenience your injury has caused and will continue to cause. Missouri Senate Bill 239 defines the damages you can receive as:
- Economic damages, including:
- Medical expenses, such as hospital bills, rehabilitation, assistive devices and medications
- Lost wages
- Lost earning capacity
We use our team of medical and economic experts to calculate the exact dollar amount you are entitled to, accounting for inflation for future lost earning potential or future medical expenses.
- Noneconomic damages, including:
- pain and suffering
- mental anguish
- physical impairment
- loss of capacity to enjoy life
- loss of consortium
However grave your injuries and however much they have impacted your life, Burger Law's Webster Groves, MO bus accident attorney team will fight tirelessly to ensure that you get full compensation for all of your damages.
Learn more about our various practice areas by clicking the links below:
- Truck Crash Lawyers in Missouri
- Semi-Truck Accident Lawyer in Missouri
- Car Accident Attorney in Missouri
Call Our Webster Groves, MO Bus Accident Attorney Today
We have seen every type of bus accident case and know the incalculable pain and catastrophic effect it can have on your and the people you care about. Your Webster Groves, MO bus accident attorney at Burger Law is compassionate, accomplished, trustworthy and persistent and will use every bit of the knowledge and abilities we have obtained over the past two decades to secure you the full recovery you rightfully deserve. If you or a loved one has been hurt in a bus accident, there is no time to wait. Call Burger Law immediately at (314) 500-HURT or fill out our online form for a free case review.