Car Accident Lawyer Carbondale, IL
When you’ve been injured in a car accident, you may need help getting the medical care that you need to fully recover from your injuries. Your health and financial recovery shouldn’t include a lengthy and aggravating fight with the insurance company over the car accident. Your recovery should be guaranteed and taken care of, but unfortunately, this isn’t always the case. If you aren’t getting what you deserve, and your health and financial stability are at stake, you need help. Gary Burger and the Carbondale Car Accident Lawyers of Burger Law are prepared to fight for your car accident claim to ensure that you get the care and recovery you are owed.
The last thing on your mind should be worrying about court dates or legal jargon. You should be dedicated to recovering from your injuries, and securing your financial stability. Our Car Accident Lawyers in Carbondale have a proven track record of defending our client’s recovery and holding negligent drivers and insurance companies accountable. When you allow our team of experienced and exceptional car accident lawyers in Carbondale to hold the other parties accountable, you a trusting in a team that fights for your full recovery.
If you need an experienced and dedicated legal team to fight for your car accident claim, call or contact our Car Accident Attorneys in Carbondale. With our Car Accident Law Firm, you aren’t charged any fees unless we successfully win your claim, and we always fight to ensure our clients get 100% of the recovery they need. Don’t settle for less than you deserve!
Car Accident Lawyer Carbondale – Car Accident Facts
Negligence is usually the main culprit in a car accident claim. Our Car Accident Lawyers in Carbondale use their knowledge of state laws and scientific facts to take on each car accident claim, and use different methods to gather evidence depending upon the type of claim. Here are several facts regarding traffic accidents:
- Circumstances Involving Car Accidents – According to the Missouri Highway State Patrol, car accidents in the state were caused by many different variables, of which 22,474 involved speeding, 5,976 involved Alcohol, 32,763 involved younger drivers, 42,747 involved older drivers, 12,082 involved a commercial vehicle, and 2,253 involved motorcycles. For Illinois, there were a total of 324,473 accidents in 2016, with speeding accounting for 32% of crashes. 700 fatal accidents also occurred during this time period with 613 of the fatalities involving alcohol.
- More Drivers on the Road Increases % of Accidents – The more drivers you have on the road, the higher the chances are of an accident. When the recession hit, people were out of jobs and had less reason to be on the road, leading to fewer accidents. Now that the job markets are climbing again, more people are taking to the roads and this has in turn increased the amount of accidents that Missouri and Illinois are now experiencing.
- 80% of Accidents involving teens also involved Texting – Texting and Driving is by many accounts worse than drunk driving. According to the Missouri Department of Insurance, 80% of accidents involving teen drivers were caused because of texting and driving.
- In 2014, there were 97 Fatal Accidents Involving Commercial Vehicles – Of the 2,060 accidents involving commercial accidents in 2014, 97 ended in fatalities with 109 people dying due to the accidents, and 3185 individuals being seriously injured.
- Icy Roads Contribute to more Fatalities than Other Weather Types – Annually, there are nearly 2,000 deaths caused by icy roads. This fact beats out flood fatalities, heat fatalities, and cold fatalities.
Staying safe and alert while driving can always help reduce the risk of an accident. Under no circumstances should you get behind the wheel if you’ve been drinking, and you should absolutely never text and drive. Your life is more important than returning any message regardless of how important it may be. If you’ve been injured in a car accident in Carbondale, and your accident was caused by on the reasons listed, call our car crash lawyers in Carbondale immediately. We will fight to make sure you get the medical care and financial recovery you deserve.
Some claims may not need the help of a lawyer, you should still record everything that happens and get statements from the responsible party. Correct and Accurate documentation of a car accident is the difference between protecting your claim and getting the care you need, and being denied critical medical services or financial reimbursement. If proving your case is more difficult than you initially thought, call our car wreck attorneys in Carbondale immediately. We don’t charge you anything unless we win your claim for you.
Car Accident Injuries – Types and Severity
Car Accident injuries can range in severity from minor bumps and bruises to major injuries that can include broken bones, serious concussions, and even death. Here are a list of the most common injuries that can result from a car accident:
- Whiplash – Whiplash Injuries are one of the most common types of car accident injuries, and involve the head and neck. The force is created when a vehicle in motion is struck from a direction that it isn’t traveling. These types of injuries can lead to neck pain, back issues, spinal issues, tenderness in the shoulders, and many other medical issues.
- Concussions – Concussions are caused by the forceful motion of the brain inside the skull, to the point that bruising or swelling can occur. Concussions can lead to loss of motor functions, loss of memory, and can even be paralyzing.
- Broken Bones – In Car Accidents, broken bones occur when a limb is either forced in an unnatural direction, or when it collides with a surface and breaks under the pressure. Car Accidents can easily lead to broken bones due to the force involved in the accidents. Broken bones can take some time to heal, and often require lengthy amounts of rehabilitation before they are back to 100%.
- Internal Bleeding – Internal bleeding, while not immediately apparent after an injury, can quickly lead to more serious medical issues and even death. Internal bleeding is caused when organs inside your body are pierced or ruptured due to force, and then release blood or other liquids into your body that can cause swelling and blood loss.
- Spinal Cord Injuries – Spinal Injuries occur when your spine attempts to control the motion of your body against an extreme amount of force. The spinal cord is integral to the motor functions of your body. Any damage to your spine can often result in serious injuries throughout other areas of the body.
You do not have to suffer in silence, nor live with your injuries if you’ve been in a car accident in Carbondale, you need to speak with our Car Accident Attorneys in Carbondale to best protect your health and your recovery.
When your injured in a car accident, the first step you should always take is going to a doctor to make sure you are ok. Don’t try to walk the injury off, your life may depend on you receiving qualified medical care. Once a medical professional has seen to your injuries you should immediately talk to our car accident firm in Carbondale to see how we can help you with your car accident claim, hold the other party liable for the accidents, and ensure that you get the recovery you deserve for your injuries
Drunk Driving Accidents – Car Accident Lawyer Carbondale
Carbondale drunk driving claims are never victimless. Someone chose to get behind the wheel drunk, an action that they know is negligent and possibly dangerous. Never drive drunk, there are 0 good reasons. If your accident was caused by a drunk driver, you need to speak with our Car Accident Lawyers in Carbondale immediately. DWI Cases can be difficult if you don’t consult with a lawyer regarding the evidence of the case, what you are owed, and how you can recover for your injuries.
Car Accident Lawyer in Carbondale, IL – What do I do after a car accident?
If you’ve been injured, call an ambulance first, and if you weren’t seriously injured contact the local authorities to report the accident. The authorities have to record the accident for insurance reasons and for their official record. Protect your car accident claim. If you are able, take pictures of your vehicle, your injuries, the other vehicle, where they are at in the road, and anything else that can be used to substantiate your car accident claim. Once you’ve collected as much evidence as you can, call our Carbondale car accident lawyers immediately. Speaking with our car accident firm can be the difference between winning and losing your claim.
Car Accident Lawyer Carbondale – Car Accident Types
- Picture this: it’s a hot and sticky sunny day in June, you’re walking down the street with your favorite soda in hand on your way back to your house. All of a sudden a car slams into another car on the street beside you, sending one of the cars onto the sidewalk and onto you. […]Continue Reading
- On November 16, 2014, my client was driving his vehicle southbound on South Breese Street in Waterloo, Illinois when another driver failed to stop at a stop sign and entered the intersection right in front of my client’s car. The client had back injuries, and complained of back pain at the scene, stating he would […]Continue Reading
- Our client was injured the beginning of February 2016 while traveling on Graham Rd. She was traveling in the far-right lane when she slowed and stopped her vehicle for traffic ahead. The Defendant was traveling behind her and at the last minute attempted to change lanes to the far-right lane and violently collided with the […]Continue Reading
- On August 27, 2015, Gary Burger tried an uninsured motorist claim for Christopher Smith and his daughter. We won the case, received the decision last week, and Unique Insurance was ordered to pay a total of $49,930.40 plus costs. There has been no payment to date and we are pursuing a bad faith claim in Illinois under 215 ILCS […]Continue Reading
- I settled a case on Thursday November 17, 2016 at mediation. We had $5,000 in paid medical and settled the case for $26,000. We also had a significant settlement in medical payment benefits and were able to get our client a fantastic recovery. But what about med pay and health insurance liens? Click here for […]Continue Reading
- Personal Injury Lawyer, Gary Burger and Burger Law represented a family of a man killed in a wreck with a tractor trailer in a wrongful death case. In the early morning hours of June 15, 2013, our client was leaving a casino and went through an intersection on a green light. A tractor trailer proceeded […]Continue Reading
- The St. Louis area personal injury attorneys at Burger Law represented a woman who swerved to dodge a piece of playground equipment that fell from a truck. As a result of the multi-car accident, she sustained serious injuries. Burger Law was able to negotiate a settlement for the full policy limits and maximize her monetary […]Continue Reading
- In addition to the above case, you need to be creative with finding in insurance in all auto cases. We did “creative lawyering” relating to an old crash that left our client Connie Wills severely injured. In 2010, playground equipment fell from the back of a truck that was traveling ahead of her on Highway […]Continue Reading
- Gary represented a client who was hit by a large state-owned dump truck while driving her car. Gary got around the complex rules barring the state from issuing a settlement because of sovereign immunity. Because of his experience and expertise, Gary was able to net his client a large settlement. Click here to read a […]Continue Reading
- In this case, Gary was able to get a large settlement for a man involved in a rear-end collision. The driver of the other car was working for a repair company. Gary was able to negotiate a large settlement with the driver’s insurer and protect his client, who was without medical insurance. Click here to […]Continue Reading
- In this case, a reckless driver struck and killed a tow truck driver who was helping a stranded motorist. The experienced trial attorneys at Burger Law had to litigate against an insurance policy that denied coverage because the driver was working outside of the vehicle at the time of the collision. By arguing that the […]Continue Reading
- Burger Law represented William Stussey, who was struck by a car while crossing a street in Washington, Missouri. This case was somewhat challenging because it was asserted that Mr. Stussey did not cross at a street from the middle of the block. After thorough investigation and effort, we were able to overcome the obstacles and […]Continue Reading
- Burger Law represented Barbara Hackworth who was injured while sitting in Waffle House eating breakfast. As she was eating, a car came through the wall of the Waffle House and knocked her off her stool. Allstate Insurance Company would not reasonably settle the case, so we incurred the cost to fly to Arkansas and depose […]Continue Reading