Car Accident Lawyer Chatham, IL
When you’ve been injured in a car accident, you may need help getting the medical care that you need to fully recover from your injuries. The care you need should be assured, you shouldn’t have to fight for it and you shouldn’t have to argue over your financial recovery either due to car accident. Your recovery should be guaranteed and taken care of, but unfortunately, this isn’t always the case. If you are now forced to fight for your recovery and your health, you need someone who has experience successfully fighting these types of claims. Gary Burger and the Chatham Car Accident Lawyers of Burger Law take car accident claims extremely seriously and are dedicated to getting you the care you are owed.
You shouldn’t spend any time worrying about the complexities of car accident law. Your health and your recovery should be the only thing on your mind. Our Car Accident Lawyers in Chatham are aggressive and dedicated to fighting for your rights and holding the responsible parties accountable for their actions. When you’ve decided to seek qualified help, and you’ve chosen our car accident lawyers in Chatham to fight for your rights, you are choosing a team that is dedicated to fighting for your full recovery. Not half. Not 75%. Full 100% recovery.
If you need an experienced and dedicated legal team to fight for your car accident claim, call or contact our Car Accident Attorneys in Chatham. With our Car Accident Law Firm, you aren’t charged any fees unless we successfully win your claim, and we always fight to ensure our clients get 100% of the recovery they need. Don’t settle for less than you deserve!
Car Accident Lawyer Chatham – Car Accident Facts
Car Accidents never adhere to one set model, they usually involve several levels of negligence or reckless acts. Our Car Accident Lawyers in Chatham take on a variety of car accident claims, all of which require knowledge of different types of traffic laws and experience in the best methods to recover evidence from the scene of a traffic accident. Here are several facts regarding traffic accidents:
- Circumstances Involving Car Accidents – According to the Missouri Highway State Patrol, there were many different types of car accidents, of which 22,474 involved speeding, 5,976 involved Alcohol, 32,763 involved younger drivers, 42,747 involved older drivers, 12,082 involved a commercial vehicle, and 2,253 involved motorcycles. For Illinois, there were a total of 324,473 accidents in 2016, with speeding accounting for 32% of crashes. 700 fatal accidents also occurred during this time period with 613 of the fatalities involving alcohol.
- More Drivers on the Road Increases % of Accidents – This may seem obvious, but more drivers on the road increase the possibility of an accident happening. The recession caused a reduction in traffic accidents because fewer people were driving. As the market has recovered, more jobs have become available and more people are driving than before, which has increased the amount of accidents that Missouri and Illinois are now experiencing.
- 80% of Accidents involving teens also involved Texting – Texting and Driving is by many accounts worse than drunk driving. According to the Missouri Department of Insurance, 80% of accidents involving teen drivers were caused because of texting and driving.
- In 2014, there were 97 Fatal Accidents Involving Commercial Vehicles – Of the 2,060 accidents involving commercial accidents in 2014, 97 ended in fatalities with 109 people dying due to the accidents, and 3185 individuals being seriously injured.
- Icy Roads Contribute to more Fatalities than Other Weather Types – Annually, there are nearly 2,000 deaths caused by icy roads. This fact beats out flood fatalities, heat fatalities, and cold fatalities.
Following the driving laws of your state can better protect you against an accident. Under no circumstances should you get behind the wheel if you’ve been drinking, and you should absolutely never text and drive. Be responsible on the road, your life and the life of others depends upon your actions. If you’ve been injured in a car accident in Chatham, and your accident was caused by on the reasons listed, call our car crash lawyers in Chatham immediately. We will fight to make sure you get the medical care and financial recovery you deserve.
Some claims may not need the help of a lawyer, you should still be diligent and take pictures of both vehicles, obtain police reports, and written statements by doctor detailing your injuries. Protecting your car accident claim when it happens can help ensure that you get the recovery you need and financial settlement you deserve. If you initially tried to settle the case yourself, but aren’t getting what you are owed, call our car wreck attorneys in Chatham immediately. We don’t charge you anything unless we win your claim for you.
Car Accident Injuries – Types and Severity
Car Accident Injuries can be severe. They can range from minor bruises, to full body paralysis and even death. Here are a list of the most common injuries that can result from a car accident:
- Whiplash – Whiplash Injuries typically happen when a vehicle is forced to abruptly stop and the head and neck are jerked to the side or back and forth. This force happens when a car strikes another car or an obstacle on the road and causes the momentum of the vehicle to rapidly change. These types of injuries can lead to neck pain, back issues, spinal issues, tenderness in the shoulders, and many other medical issues.
- Concussions – During an accident, if enough force is applied to the head or the neck, the brain can bounce back and forth inside the skull which can cause bleeding, swelling, bruising, or other serious injuries to the brain. Concussions can lead to loss of motor functions, loss of memory, and can even be paralyzing.
- Broken Bones – In Car Accidents, broken bones occur when a limb is either forced in an unnatural direction, or when it collides with a surface and breaks under the pressure. Car Accidents can easily lead to broken bones due to the force involved in the accidents. Broken Bones often take months or even in rare cases, years to heal.
- Internal Bleeding – Internal Bleeding is a particularly dangerous injury that can result from a car accident because the injury isn’t immediately apparent. Internal bleeding occurs when the organs inside your body are either punctured or rupture from the force of an accident.
- Spinal Cord Injuries – Whenever enough force or torque is applied to the spine, severe injuries can occur. The spinal cord allows you to control your limbs, and also allows you to walk upright without any issues. Often, any injuries to your spine can result in serious loss of motor function in your limbs.
Whether your injury was listed above, or you have another issue that was caused by a car accident in Chatham, you need to speak with our Car Accident Attorneys in Chatham at once.
The responsible action to take after an accident is to see a doctor and allow them to make medically trained decisions regarding your injuries. Don’t try to walk the injury off, your life may depend on you receiving qualified medical care. After you’ve seen to your medical care, speak with our car accident firm in Chatham so that we can take on your claim and fight for your right every step of the way
Drunk Driving Accidents – Car Accident Lawyer Chatham
Chatham drunk driving claims are never victimless. Drunk driving is always a choice, and never a good one. There is never a good reason to drive drunk and with the multiple different ride-sharing apps that are available now, it is also extremely easy to get a ride home without having to get behind the wheel of a vehicle. If your accident was caused by a drunk driver, you need to speak with our Car Accident Lawyers in Chatham immediately. DWI Cases can be difficult if you don’t consult with a lawyer regarding the evidence of the case, what you are owed, and how you can recover for your injuries.
Car Accident Lawyer in Chatham, IL – What do I do after a car accident?
Always report an accident, no matter how minor it may seem. The authorities have to record the accident for insurance reasons and for their official record. Protect your car accident claim. If you are able, take pictures of your vehicle, your injuries, the other vehicle, where they are at in the road, and anything else that can be used to substantiate your car accident claim. Once you’ve collected as much evidence as you can, call our Chatham car accident lawyers immediately. Speaking with our car accident firm can be the difference between winning and losing your claim.
Car Accident Lawyer Chatham – Car Accident Types
- Picture this: it’s a hot and sticky sunny day in June, you’re walking down the street with your favorite soda in hand on your way back to your house. All of a sudden a car slams into another car on the street beside you, sending one of the cars onto the sidewalk and onto you. […]Continue Reading
- On November 16, 2014, my client was driving his vehicle southbound on South Breese Street in Waterloo, Illinois when another driver failed to stop at a stop sign and entered the intersection right in front of my client’s car. The client had back injuries, and complained of back pain at the scene, stating he would […]Continue Reading
- Our client was injured the beginning of February 2016 while traveling on Graham Rd. She was traveling in the far-right lane when she slowed and stopped her vehicle for traffic ahead. The Defendant was traveling behind her and at the last minute attempted to change lanes to the far-right lane and violently collided with the […]Continue Reading
- On August 27, 2015, Gary Burger tried an uninsured motorist claim for Christopher Smith and his daughter. We won the case, received the decision last week, and Unique Insurance was ordered to pay a total of $49,930.40 plus costs. There has been no payment to date and we are pursuing a bad faith claim in Illinois under 215 ILCS […]Continue Reading
- I settled a case on Thursday November 17, 2016 at mediation. We had $5,000 in paid medical and settled the case for $26,000. We also had a significant settlement in medical payment benefits and were able to get our client a fantastic recovery. But what about med pay and health insurance liens? Click here for […]Continue Reading
- Personal Injury Lawyer, Gary Burger and Burger Law represented a family of a man killed in a wreck with a tractor trailer in a wrongful death case. In the early morning hours of June 15, 2013, our client was leaving a casino and went through an intersection on a green light. A tractor trailer proceeded […]Continue Reading
- The St. Louis area personal injury attorneys at Burger Law represented a woman who swerved to dodge a piece of playground equipment that fell from a truck. As a result of the multi-car accident, she sustained serious injuries. Burger Law was able to negotiate a settlement for the full policy limits and maximize her monetary […]Continue Reading
- In addition to the above case, you need to be creative with finding in insurance in all auto cases. We did “creative lawyering” relating to an old crash that left our client Connie Wills severely injured. In 2010, playground equipment fell from the back of a truck that was traveling ahead of her on Highway […]Continue Reading
- Gary represented a client who was hit by a large state-owned dump truck while driving her car. Gary got around the complex rules barring the state from issuing a settlement because of sovereign immunity. Because of his experience and expertise, Gary was able to net his client a large settlement. Click here to read a […]Continue Reading
- In this case, Gary was able to get a large settlement for a man involved in a rear-end collision. The driver of the other car was working for a repair company. Gary was able to negotiate a large settlement with the driver’s insurer and protect his client, who was without medical insurance. Click here to […]Continue Reading
- In this case, a reckless driver struck and killed a tow truck driver who was helping a stranded motorist. The experienced trial attorneys at Burger Law had to litigate against an insurance policy that denied coverage because the driver was working outside of the vehicle at the time of the collision. By arguing that the […]Continue Reading
- Burger Law represented William Stussey, who was struck by a car while crossing a street in Washington, Missouri. This case was somewhat challenging because it was asserted that Mr. Stussey did not cross at a street from the middle of the block. After thorough investigation and effort, we were able to overcome the obstacles and […]Continue Reading
- Burger Law represented Barbara Hackworth who was injured while sitting in Waffle House eating breakfast. As she was eating, a car came through the wall of the Waffle House and knocked her off her stool. Allstate Insurance Company would not reasonably settle the case, so we incurred the cost to fly to Arkansas and depose […]Continue Reading