Car Accident Lawyer Collinsville, IL
When you've been injured in a car accident, you shouldn't have to worry about whether or not you can afford the care you need for your injuries. Your financial recovery and your health should always be covered by either your insurance, or the responsible parties insurance that caused the car accident. Your care and financial recovery should be assured, but insurance corporations are going to try to limit their responsibility as much as possible. If you aren't getting what you deserve, and your health and financial stability are at stake, you need help. Gary Burger and the Collinsville Car Accident Lawyers of Burger Law have a proven track record of holding insurance companies accountable and can guide you through your claim every step of the way.
The last thing on your mind should be worrying about court dates or legal jargon. Fully healing from your injuries and your financial recovery should be your only concerm. Our Car Accident Lawyers in Collinsville have a proven track record of defending our client's recovery and holding negligent drivers and insurance companies accountable. When you've decided to seek qualified help, and you've chosen our car accident lawyers in Collinsville to take on your case, you are siding with a team that will fight for 100% of your rights and recoveries, not just for a quick settlement.
When you're ready to have qualified and aggressive legal representation take on your car accident claim, call or contact our Car Accident Attorneys in Collinsville. With our Car Accident Law Firm, you aren't charged any fees unless we successfully win your claim, and we always fight to ensure our clients get 100% of the recovery they need. Don't settle for less than you deserve!
Car Accident Lawyer Collinsville - Car Accident Facts
Car Accidents in Collinsville are typically caused by negligence, which can almost always be proven. Our Car Accident Lawyers in Collinsville know the facts for each type of accident, and use proven methods to substantiate car accident claims for their clients. Here are several facts regarding traffic accidents:
- Circumstances Involving Car Accidents - According to the Missouri Highway State Patrol, car accidents in the state were caused by many different variables, of which 22,474 involved speeding, 5,976 involved Alcohol, 32,763 involved younger drivers, 42,747 involved older drivers, 12,082 involved a commercial vehicle, and 2,253 involved motorcycles. For Illinois, there were a total of 324,473 accidents in 2016, with speeding accounting for 32% of crashes. 700 fatal accidents also occurred during this time period with 613 of the fatalities involving alcohol.
- More Drivers on the Road Increases % of Accidents - While this will seem obvious, the more drivers there are on the road, the higher the chances are of you bring in an accident. When the recession hit in 2008-2009, millions of Americans were out of work and were subsequently not driving nearly as much. An improving job market has lead to more people driving which increased the amount of accidents that Missouri and Illinois are now experiencing.
- 80% of Accidents involving teens also involved Texting - Texting and Driving is by many accounts worse than drunk driving. According to the Missouri Department of Insurance, 80% of accidents involving teen drivers were caused because of texting and driving.
- In 2014, there were 97 Fatal Accidents Involving Commercial Vehicles - Of the 2,060 accidents involving commercial accidents in 2014, 97 ended in fatalities with 109 people dying due to the accidents, and 3185 individuals being seriously injured.
- Icy Roads Contribute to more Fatalities than Other Weather Types - Annually, there are nearly 2,000 deaths caused by icy roads. This fact beats out flood fatalities, heat fatalities, and cold fatalities.
Staying safe and alert while driving can always help reduce the risk of an accident. Your life and your family are more important than drinking and driving or responding to any text. Nothing is more important than driving safely and arriving where you need to go, alive. If you've been injured in a car accident in Collinsville, and the person who crashed into you was drinking and driving, texting, or any other reason, call our car crash lawyers in Collinsville immediately. We are dedicated to pursuing your rights and your full recovery.
Even if your claim can be settled without the help of a lawyer, you still need to exercise caution because your case could be lost if you don't record everything that happened in the accident. Recording everything exactly as it happened will help ensure that you get what you are owed. If you initially tried to settle the case yourself, but aren't getting what you are owed, call our car wreck attorneys in Collinsville immediately. We don't charge you anything unless we win your claim for you.
Car Accident Injuries - Types and Severity
Car Accident Injuries can be severe. They can range from minor bruises, to full body paralysis and even death. Here are a list of the most common injuries that can result from a car accident:
- Whiplash - Whiplash Injuries happen when an extreme amount of force is applied to the head and neck, and causes trauma. This force can be caused by a vehicle abruptly stopping or being struck in the side and throwing the driver off their course. These types of injuries can lead to neck pain, back issues, spinal issues, tenderness in the shoulders, and many other medical issues.
- Concussions - Concussions, much like whiplash injuries, are caused by force and result from the brain bouncing back and forth inside the cranium. Concussions can lead to loss of motor functions, loss of memory, and can even be paralyzing.
- Broken Bones - In Car Accidents, broken bones occur when a limb is either forced in an unnatural direction, or when it collides with a surface and breaks under the pressure. Car Accidents can easily lead to broken bones due to the force involved in the accidents. Broken bones can cause a loss of work, loss of function of the limb, and cause other health complications.
- Internal Bleeding - Internal Bleeding is a particularly dangerous injury that can result from a car accident because the injury isn't immediately apparent. Internal bleeding occurs when the organs inside your body are either punctured or rupture from the force of an accident.
- Spinal Cord Injuries - Spinal Injuries are serious injuries that can affect your mobility and the motor function of your limbs. The spinal cord is integral to the motor functions of your body. If your spine is damaged in an accident, you could suffer from serious injuries permanently.
If you are suffering from any of the above types of injuries, or another type of injury that resulted from a car accident in Collinsville, you need to speak with our Car Accident Attorneys in Collinsville to ensure that your case is taken care of professionally and sertiously.
The responsible action to take after an accident is to see a doctor and allow them to make medically trained decisions regarding your injuries. Don't try to walk the injury off, your life may depend on you receiving qualified medical care. Once you've spoken with a doctor, contact our car accident firm in Collinsville so that we can take on your claim and fight for your right every step of the way
Drunk Driving Accidents - Car Accident Lawyer Collinsville
Drunk Driving Accidents in Collinsville are never a victimless crime. Drunk driving is always a choice, and never a good one. Drunk driving is always negligent and always reckless, don't do it and don't allow others to do it. If your accident was caused by a drunk driver, you need to speak with our Car Accident Lawyers in Collinsville immediately. Drunk Driving cases can be more complex than you may initially think, and without the proper legal guidance, you may not get the full settlement you deserve for your injuries.
Car Accident Lawyer in Collinsville, IL - What do I do after a car accident?
Always report an accident, no matter how minor it may seem. The authorities have to record the accident for insurance reasons and for their official record. Protect your car accident claim. If you are able, take pictures of your vehicle, your injuries, the other vehicle, where they are at in the road, and anything else that can be used to substantiate your car accident claim. Once you've collected as much evidence as you can, call our Collinsville car accident lawyers immediately. Speaking with our car accident firm can be the difference between winning and losing your claim.
Car Accident Lawyer Collinsville - Car Accident Types