Car Accident Lawyer Desoto, MO
When you’ve been injured in a car accident, you should be focused on recovering from your injuries and getting your life back to the way it was before the accident. Your health and financial recovery shouldn’t include a lengthy and aggravating fight with the insurance company over the car accident. When you’re hurt, you care and recovery should be taken care of, but the greed of the insurance company will often stand in the way. If you’ve been denied the care you need, and the responsible party has no intention of doing right by you, you need someone who knows the laws to fight on your behalf. Gary Burger and the Desoto Car Accident Lawyers of Burger Law take car accident claims extremely seriously and are dedicated to getting you the care you are owed.
You shouldn’t spend any time worrying about the complexities of car accident law. Fully healing from your injuries and your financial recovery should be your only concerm. Our Car Accident Lawyers in Desoto have a proven track record of defending our client’s recovery and holding negligent drivers and insurance companies accountable. When you’ve decided to seek our qualified and experienced car accident lawyers in Desoto to hold the other parties accountable, you a trusting in a team that fights for your full recovery.
When you’re prepared to have an exceptional team fight for your rights during your car accident claim, call or contact our Car Accident Attorneys in Desoto. With our Car Accident Law Firm, you aren’t charged any fees unless we successfully win your claim, and we always fight to ensure our clients get 100% of the recovery they need. Don’t settle for less than you deserve!
Car Accident Lawyer Desoto – Car Accident Facts
Negligence is usually the main culprit in a car accident claim. Our Car Accident Lawyers in Desoto use their knowledge of state laws and scientific facts to take on each car accident claim, and use different methods to gather evidence depending upon the type of claim. Here are several facts regarding traffic accidents:
- Circumstances Involving Car Accidents – According to the Missouri Highway State Patrol, car accidents in the state were caused by many different variables, of which 22,474 involved speeding, 5,976 involved Alcohol, 32,763 involved younger drivers, 42,747 involved older drivers, 12,082 involved a commercial vehicle, and 2,253 involved motorcycles. For Illinois, there were a total of 324,473 accidents in 2016, with speeding accounting for 32% of crashes. 700 fatal accidents also occurred during this time period with 613 of the fatalities involving alcohol.
- More Drivers on the Road Increases % of Accidents – The more drivers you have on the road, the higher the chances are of an accident. The recession caused a reduction in traffic accidents because fewer people were driving. As the job market has improved, there are now more drivers on the road and this has, in turn increased the amount of accidents that Missouri and Illinois are now experiencing.
- 80% of Accidents involving teens also involved Texting – Texting and Driving is by many accounts worse than drunk driving. According to the Missouri Department of Insurance, 80% of accidents involving teen drivers were caused because of texting and driving.
- In 2014, there were 97 Fatal Accidents Involving Commercial Vehicles – Of the 2,060 accidents involving commercial accidents in 2014, 97 ended in fatalities with 109 people dying due to the accidents, and 3185 individuals being seriously injured.
- Icy Roads Contribute to more Fatalities than Other Weather Types – Annually, there are nearly 2,000 deaths caused by icy roads. This fact beats out flood fatalities, heat fatalities, and cold fatalities.
Following safe driving practices while on the road can help keep you safe from accidents. Your life and your family are more important than drinking and driving or responding to any text. Be responsible on the road, your life and the life of others depends upon your actions. If you’ve been injured in a car accident in Desoto, and the reasons your accident happened is listed above, call our car crash lawyers in Desoto immediately. Our Lawyers will fight for your rights every step of the way.
Even if your claim can be settled without the help of a lawyer, you still need to be careful and record of all the conversations you have with the responsible party and the insurer who covers your vehicle or the other vehicle. Protecting your car accident claim when it happens can help ensure that you get the recovery you need and financial settlement you deserve. If you’re having trouble gathering the evidence and the statements you need, call our car wreck attorneys in Desoto immediately. We don’t charge you anything unless we win your claim for you.
Car Accident Injuries – Types and Severity
Car Accident injuries can range in severity from minor bumps and bruises to major injuries that can include broken bones, serious concussions, and even death. Here are a list of the most common injuries that can result from a car accident:
- Whiplash – Whiplash Injuries happen when the neck or head is thrown around in a forceful jerking motion. Typically, these types of injuries are caused when a vehicle is struck from a location the driver isn’t suspecting. These types of injuries can lead to neck pain, back issues, spinal issues, tenderness in the shoulders, and many other medical issues.
- Concussions – Concussions are caused when the head is either pulled or knocked in a direction so forcefully that the brain is bruised from its forceful contact with the skull. Concussions can lead to loss of motor functions, loss of memory, and can even be paralyzing.
- Broken Bones – When enough force is applied against a bone, it can snap or break, causing extreme pain. Car Accidents can easily lead to broken bones due to the force involved in the accidents. Broken bones often require surgery and months of rehabilitation before they are fully healed.
- Internal Bleeding – Internal Bleeding is a particularly dangerous injury that can result from a car accident because the injury isn’t immediately apparent. Internal bleeding is a dangerous injury where your blood leaks from the organs inside your body and causes blood loss that isn’t visible from the outside.
- Spinal Cord Injuries – Whenever enough force or torque is applied to the spine, severe injuries can occur. The spinal cord is the nervous system highway in your body. If your spine is damaged in an accident, you could suffer from serious injuries permanently.
While these are the most common injuries that we see, if you have any other medical ailments that arose from a car accident in Desoto, you need to speak with our Car Accident Attorneys in Desoto to ensure that your case is taken care of professionally and sertiously.
The responsible action to take after an accident is to see a doctor and allow them to make medically trained decisions regarding your injuries. Don’t try to walk the injury off, your life may depend on you receiving qualified medical care. After you’ve seen to your medical care, speak with our car accident firm in Desoto to see how we can help you with your car accident claim, hold the other party liable for the accidents, and ensure that you get the recovery you deserve for your injuries
Drunk Driving Accidents – Car Accident Lawyer Desoto
Drunk Driving Accidents in Desoto are never a victimless crime. Drunk driving is always a choice, and never a good one. With the advent of ridesharing apps, and the improvement of public transportation, there is absolutely no reason to drive drunk. If your accident was caused by a drunk driver, you need to speak with our Car Accident Lawyers in Desoto immediately. Drunk Driving Accidents in Desoto can be complex, and without legal assistance you may not get the full recovery you are owed.
Car Accident Lawyer in Desoto, MO – What do I do after a car accident?
Always report an accident, no matter how minor it may seem. An official record of the accident has to be taken so that the facts and reasons for the accident can be made clear. Protect your car accident claim. If you are able, take pictures of your vehicle, your injuries, the other vehicle, where they are at in the road, and anything else that can be used to substantiate your car accident claim. Once you’ve collected as much evidence as you can, call our Desoto car accident lawyers immediately. Speaking with our car accident firm can be the difference between winning and losing your claim.
Car Accident Lawyer Desoto – Car Accident Types
- Our client was injured the beginning of February 2016 while traveling on Graham Rd. She was traveling in the far-right lane when she slowed and stopped her vehicle for traffic ahead. The Defendant was traveling behind her and at the last minute attempted to change lanes to the far-right lane and violently collided with the […]Continue Reading
- On August 27, 2015, Gary Burger tried an uninsured motorist claim for Christopher Smith and his daughter. We won the case, received the decision last week, and Unique Insurance was ordered to pay a total of $49,930.40 plus costs. There has been no payment to date and we are pursuing a bad faith claim in Illinois under 215 ILCS […]Continue Reading
- I settled a case on Thursday November 17, 2016 at mediation. We had $5,000 in paid medical and settled the case for $26,000. We also had a significant settlement in medical payment benefits and were able to get our client a fantastic recovery. But what about med pay and health insurance liens? Click here for […]Continue Reading
- Personal Injury Lawyer, Gary Burger and Burger Law represented a family of a man killed in a wreck with a tractor trailer in a wrongful death case. In the early morning hours of June 15, 2013, our client was leaving a casino and went through an intersection on a green light. A tractor trailer proceeded […]Continue Reading
- The St. Louis area personal injury attorneys at Burger Law represented a woman who swerved to dodge a piece of playground equipment that fell from a truck. As a result of the multi-car accident, she sustained serious injuries. Burger Law was able to negotiate a settlement for the full policy limits and maximize her monetary […]Continue Reading
- In addition to the above case, you need to be creative with finding in insurance in all auto cases. We did “creative lawyering” relating to an old crash that left our client Connie Wills severely injured. In 2010, playground equipment fell from the back of a truck that was traveling ahead of her on Highway […]Continue Reading
- Gary represented a client who was hit by a large state-owned dump truck while driving her car. Gary got around the complex rules barring the state from issuing a settlement because of sovereign immunity. Because of his experience and expertise, Gary was able to net his client a large settlement. Click here to read a […]Continue Reading
- In this case, Gary was able to get a large settlement for a man involved in a rear-end collision. The driver of the other car was working for a repair company. Gary was able to negotiate a large settlement with the driver’s insurer and protect his client, who was without medical insurance. Click here to […]Continue Reading
- In this case, a reckless driver struck and killed a tow truck driver who was helping a stranded motorist. The experienced trial attorneys at Burger Law had to litigate against an insurance policy that denied coverage because the driver was working outside of the vehicle at the time of the collision. By arguing that the […]Continue Reading
- Burger Law represented William Stussey, who was struck by a car while crossing a street in Washington, Missouri. This case was somewhat challenging because it was asserted that Mr. Stussey did not cross at a street from the middle of the block. After thorough investigation and effort, we were able to overcome the obstacles and […]Continue Reading
- Burger Law represented Barbara Hackworth who was injured while sitting in Waffle House eating breakfast. As she was eating, a car came through the wall of the Waffle House and knocked her off her stool. Allstate Insurance Company would not reasonably settle the case, so we incurred the cost to fly to Arkansas and depose […]Continue Reading