Car Accident Lawyer Jacksonville, IL
When you’ve been injured in a car accident, your main focus should be on healing and getting your life back to the way it was before the accident. Your insurance company, or the insurance company of the responsible party should fully take care of all your needs because of the car accident. When you’re hurt, you care and recovery should be taken care of, but the greed of the insurance company will often stand in the way. If your insurance company won’t help, and the person who caused the accident refuses to cooperate, you need experienced and aggressive help. Gary Burger and the Jacksonville Car Accident Lawyers of Burger Law are prepared to fight for your car accident claim to ensure that you get the care and recovery you are owed.
The last thing you should worry about is depositions, legal contracts, or other legal matters that your case may include. Your health and your recovery should be the only thing on your mind. Our Car Accident Lawyers in Jacksonville have a proven track record of defending our client’s recovery and holding negligent drivers and insurance companies accountable. When you’ve decided to seek qualified help, and you’ve chosen our car accident lawyers in Jacksonville to fight for your rights, you are picking a dedicated team of car accident lawyers who are fighting to ensure you get 100% of what you are owed, not a small settlement.
When you’re ready to have qualified and aggressive legal representation take on your car accident claim, call or contact our Car Accident Attorneys in Jacksonville. With our Car Accident Law Firm, you aren’t charged any fees unless we successfully win your claim, and we always fight to ensure our clients get 100% of the recovery they need. Don’t settle for less than you deserve!
Car Accident Lawyer Jacksonville – Car Accident Facts
Car Accidents never adhere to one set model, they usually involve several levels of negligence or reckless acts. Our Car Accident Lawyers in Jacksonville have experience in all types of car accident claims, and use several different techniques to collect the evidence crucial to each case. Here are several facts regarding traffic accidents:
- Circumstances Involving Car Accidents – According to the Missouri Highway State Patrol, car wrecks come in several different categories, of which 22,474 involved speeding, 5,976 involved Alcohol, 32,763 involved younger drivers, 42,747 involved older drivers, 12,082 involved a commercial vehicle, and 2,253 involved motorcycles. For Illinois, there were a total of 324,473 accidents in 2016, with speeding accounting for 32% of crashes. 700 fatal accidents also occurred during this time period with 613 of the fatalities involving alcohol.
- More Drivers on the Road Increases % of Accidents – The more drivers you have on the road, the higher the chances are of an accident. When millions of jobs were lost during the recession, the rate of car and truck accidents decreased because fewer people were on the road. An improving job market has lead to more people driving which increased the amount of accidents that Missouri and Illinois are now experiencing.
- 80% of Accidents involving teens also involved Texting – Texting and Driving is by many accounts worse than drunk driving. According to the Missouri Department of Insurance, 80% of accidents involving teen drivers were caused because of texting and driving.
- In 2014, there were 97 Fatal Accidents Involving Commercial Vehicles – Of the 2,060 accidents involving commercial accidents in 2014, 97 ended in fatalities with 109 people dying due to the accidents, and 3185 individuals being seriously injured.
- Icy Roads Contribute to more Fatalities than Other Weather Types – Annually, there are nearly 2,000 deaths caused by icy roads. This fact beats out flood fatalities, heat fatalities, and cold fatalities.
Staying safe and alert while driving can always help reduce the risk of an accident. Never drive if you’ve been drinking, and always wait to read a text until you get home. Arriving alive is more important than either of the above. If you’ve been injured in a car accident in Jacksonville, and your accident was caused due to negligent actions, call our car crash lawyers in Jacksonville immediately. We will fight on your behalf to ensure your claim is taken seriously and fully pursued.
Some claims may not need the help of a lawyer, you still need to exercise caution because your case could be lost if you don’t record everything that happened in the accident. Protecting your car accident claim when it happens can help ensure that you get the recovery you need and financial settlement you deserve. If your case isn’t progressing the way you thought it would, call our car wreck attorneys in Jacksonville immediately. We don’t charge you anything unless we win your claim for you.
Car Accident Injuries – Types and Severity
Car Crashes are violent events, even at low speeds. When these accidents happen, they can leave broken bones, internal injuries, and even cause death. Here are a list of the most common injuries that can result from a car accident:
- Whiplash – Whiplash Injuries happen when the neck or head is thrown around in a forceful jerking motion. This force happens when a car strikes another car or an obstacle on the road and causes the momentum of the vehicle to rapidly change. These types of injuries can lead to neck pain, back issues, spinal issues, tenderness in the shoulders, and many other medical issues.
- Concussions – Concussions, much like whiplash injuries, are caused by force and result from the brain bouncing back and forth inside the cranium. Concussions can lead to loss of motor functions, loss of memory, and can even be paralyzing.
- Broken Bones – When enough force is applied against a bone, it can snap or break, causing extreme pain. Car Accidents can easily lead to broken bones due to the force involved in the accidents. Broken bones often require surgery and months of rehabilitation before they are fully healed.
- Internal Bleeding – Internal Bleeding is a serious medical condition that can result in death. Internal bleeding occurs when the organs inside your body are either punctured or rupture from the force of an accident.
- Spinal Cord Injuries – Spinal Injuries are serious injuries that can affect your mobility and the motor function of your limbs. The spinal cord allows you to control your limbs, and also allows you to walk upright without any issues. If your spine is damaged in an accident, you could suffer from serious injuries permanently.
Your recovery and your financial health may be at stake if you’ve been involved in a car accident in Jacksonville, you need to speak with our Car Accident Attorneys in Jacksonville to best protect your health and your recovery.
When your injured in a car accident, the first step you should always take is going to a doctor to make sure you are ok. Don’t try to walk the injury off, your life may depend on you receiving qualified medical care. Once a medical professional has seen to your injuries you should immediately talk to our car accident firm in Jacksonville so that we can take on your claim and fight for your right every step of the way
Drunk Driving Accidents – Car Accident Lawyer Jacksonville
Drunk Driving Accidents in Jacksonville are never a victimless crime. Someone chose to get behind the wheel drunk, an action that they know is negligent and possibly dangerous. With the advent of ridesharing apps, and the improvement of public transportation, there is absolutely no reason to drive drunk. If your accident was caused by a drunk driver, you need to speak with our Car Accident Lawyers in Jacksonville immediately. DWI Cases can be difficult if you don’t consult with a lawyer regarding the evidence of the case, what you are owed, and how you can recover for your injuries.
Car Accident Lawyer in Jacksonville, IL – What do I do after a car accident?
If you’ve been involved in a car accident, you should always call an ambulance if you’re injured or the police if you aren’t. The authorities have to record the accident for insurance reasons and for their official record. Protect your car accident claim. If you are able, take pictures of your vehicle, your injuries, the other vehicle, where they are at in the road, and anything else that can be used to substantiate your car accident claim. Once you’ve collected as much evidence as you can, call our Jacksonville car accident lawyers immediately. Speaking with our car accident firm can be the difference between winning and losing your claim.
Car Accident Lawyer Jacksonville – Car Accident Types
- Our client was injured the beginning of February 2016 while traveling on Graham Rd. She was traveling in the far-right lane when she slowed and stopped her vehicle for traffic ahead. The Defendant was traveling behind her and at the last minute attempted to change lanes to the far-right lane and violently collided with the […]Continue Reading
- On August 27, 2015, Gary Burger tried an uninsured motorist claim for Christopher Smith and his daughter. We won the case, received the decision last week, and Unique Insurance was ordered to pay a total of $49,930.40 plus costs. There has been no payment to date and we are pursuing a bad faith claim in Illinois under 215 ILCS […]Continue Reading
- I settled a case on Thursday November 17, 2016 at mediation. We had $5,000 in paid medical and settled the case for $26,000. We also had a significant settlement in medical payment benefits and were able to get our client a fantastic recovery. But what about med pay and health insurance liens? Click here for […]Continue Reading
- Personal Injury Lawyer, Gary Burger and Burger Law represented a family of a man killed in a wreck with a tractor trailer in a wrongful death case. In the early morning hours of June 15, 2013, our client was leaving a casino and went through an intersection on a green light. A tractor trailer proceeded […]Continue Reading
- The St. Louis area personal injury attorneys at Burger Law represented a woman who swerved to dodge a piece of playground equipment that fell from a truck. As a result of the multi-car accident, she sustained serious injuries. Burger Law was able to negotiate a settlement for the full policy limits and maximize her monetary […]Continue Reading
- In addition to the above case, you need to be creative with finding in insurance in all auto cases. We did “creative lawyering” relating to an old crash that left our client Connie Wills severely injured. In 2010, playground equipment fell from the back of a truck that was traveling ahead of her on Highway […]Continue Reading
- Gary represented a client who was hit by a large state-owned dump truck while driving her car. Gary got around the complex rules barring the state from issuing a settlement because of sovereign immunity. Because of his experience and expertise, Gary was able to net his client a large settlement. Click here to read a […]Continue Reading
- In this case, Gary was able to get a large settlement for a man involved in a rear-end collision. The driver of the other car was working for a repair company. Gary was able to negotiate a large settlement with the driver’s insurer and protect his client, who was without medical insurance. Click here to […]Continue Reading
- In this case, a reckless driver struck and killed a tow truck driver who was helping a stranded motorist. The experienced trial attorneys at Burger Law had to litigate against an insurance policy that denied coverage because the driver was working outside of the vehicle at the time of the collision. By arguing that the […]Continue Reading
- Burger Law represented William Stussey, who was struck by a car while crossing a street in Washington, Missouri. This case was somewhat challenging because it was asserted that Mr. Stussey did not cross at a street from the middle of the block. After thorough investigation and effort, we were able to overcome the obstacles and […]Continue Reading
- Burger Law represented Barbara Hackworth who was injured while sitting in Waffle House eating breakfast. As she was eating, a car came through the wall of the Waffle House and knocked her off her stool. Allstate Insurance Company would not reasonably settle the case, so we incurred the cost to fly to Arkansas and depose […]Continue Reading